- Full James Hird statement
- Woman arrested over racist train assault
- Detective of the Year, Wayne Cheeseman, with Ross, John and Sly
- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Milton on Full James Hird statement Essendon can't sack Hird for choosing to pursue his legal rights. Go for it James. more
- acetrim on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US Why do people who come come back from Ebola infested places go into quarantine we quarantine plants and animals more
- Linda on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US How hard would it be to quarantine people coming in from affected countries for a couple of weeks? Inconvenient yes, but ... more
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
Domain tunnel and West Gate Bridge closures
Melbourne is bracing itself for traffic chaos this weekend as the Domain tunnel closes for maintenance for the first time in more than 12 years.
The three-day closure begins at 10pm today and will re-open 5am on New Years Eve.
Citylink spokesperson Graham Widger says there will be other options for motorists travelling through the city, but there will be huge delays.
“We believe this is the best time to do road works, reason being volumes are down 30 per cent to 50 per cent. Having said that, we do expect long delays and we do expect people to be inconvenienced."
The West Gate Bridge inbound will also be closed overnight on December 27 and 28.
The closures are part of a two-stage maintenance program which will see important resurfacing works undertaken across Melbourne’s major tunnels and roads.
Stage two of the closures will see the Burnley Tunnel closed from 10pm on January 2 until 5am on January 7 and the West Gate Bridge outbound shut overnight on January 2 and 3.
Melbourne’s Burnley and Domain tunnels and the West Gate Bridge are closing for essential resurfacing works.
Domain Tunnel – closed 10pm 27 December until 5am 31 December.
West Gate Bridge (inbound) – closed overnight from 11pm – 7am on 27 and 28 December.
Burnley Tunnel – closed 10pm 2 January until 5am 7 January.
West Gate Bridge (outbound) – closed overnight from 11pm – 7am on 2 and 3 January.
Click here for full details of upcoming road closures.