- 'Thrill killer' Hemming jailed
- Homegrown terror risks by numbers
- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
Eastern Health hides rape incident
Eastern Health is being accused of failing to report the alleged rape of a 21 year old female patient.
Image: The Age
The young woman has told Neil Mitchell she was raped by a male patient while in the Maroondah Hospital's psychiatric ward in 2008, but was advised to not tell anyone about it.
Police records reportedly show it was the woman, not Eastern Health, who first lodged the complaint.
Alexandra says when she told her nurses and they blamed her.
Listen to Alexandra's shocking interview with Neil Mitchell below.
PLAY: Alexandra tells Neil Mitchell that she was raped by another patient at Eastern Health
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Eastern Health and in particular Box Hill Hospital is and has been in crisis for years now, known as "The Eastern Witches" by most other hospitals due to an ingrained culture of bullying and stand over tactics that goes right to the top, always crying poor yet when faced with government funds for an upgrade the first thing they do is build new offices for administration, not update/upgrade the hospital itself, not to mention a bonus system (which I thought was illegal in the public sector) for so called executives (Which shall never be spoken of, Shh.), combined with incompetence in staff and project management, and a definite "click" it's no wonder this hospital is constantly filthy dirty, makes Frankston hospital look like a resort.
Beware corruption in this system is rife !!bhh worker Monday 16 January, 2012 - 10:18 AM
Where is the duty of care for this patient? a system in crisis.P.O. Tuesday 8 November, 2011 - 7:58 AM
Honestly Police involvement need to be more professional when dealing with cases like this. In my experience when i reported a sexual harrassment by a 40 year old and his son who was roughly 10, mind you i was only 16 years old. This man also harrassed my partner at that time and my female housemate but they were not strong enough to stand up for themselves. All this happened in my own home. When I brought forward my case to the Police, their response to my claim was not what any honest hearted person would say "The reason why he did it is because your a lesbian and he was turned on by it" Mind you that came from two female officers. They then asked me "What would you do if it happened to you in a dark alley? My response to that was "i would not come and see you" No enquiries or investigations came from my claim. And to this day to them, nothing worthy of their attention ever happened according to them.
I feel your pain Alexandra stay strong and never give in, i believe you just as much as i wanted someone to believe me.Beck Monday 7 November, 2011 - 2:39 PM