- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- Australian troops land in Middle East for 'mission - not war'
- Girl, 11, flees windowless van
- Woman killed in Cranbourne horse fall
- Burnt body discovered along train tracks
- Man critical after one-car Hampton smash
- Geelong ruckman Dawson Simpson caught drink-driving
- Man found dead in Noble Park
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
- Sue Hughes on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Such inconsiderate behaviour from so-called adults. I suspect these people have just moved in and couldn't care less about ... more
- Kathy on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... What happened to consideration and common sense mr and mrsÂ cubbins? I hope your made to pay to clean up your ... more
- Rick on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Simple solution as the neighbor who had their roller door blocked.Nissan Patrol + 4000kg snap strap.Rip it right off the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... This is crazy no one should own a lane way. Maybe in 1887 there was no lane way and it was a dirt horse trail. For once I am ... more
- Johnno on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Solicitor's and barrister's rubbing their hands over another prolonged adverse possession case. more
- Rob Jackson on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... How ridiculous...people are so stupid. Why would you put a roller door in that spot unless you were just trying to ... more
- Peter on Does Collingwood still want Lumumba? The best thing Collingwood could do would be to get rid of this clown! Too precious and full of his own importance! more
- jgl Melb on Does Collingwood still want Lumumba? When,not if,he walks out he'll do so in an upright manner.The chip on each shoulder will take care of that. more
Eastern Health hides rape incident
Eastern Health is being accused of failing to report the alleged rape of a 21 year old female patient.
Image: The Age
The young woman has told Neil Mitchell she was raped by a male patient while in the Maroondah Hospital's psychiatric ward in 2008, but was advised to not tell anyone about it.
Police records reportedly show it was the woman, not Eastern Health, who first lodged the complaint.
Alexandra says when she told her nurses and they blamed her.
Listen to Alexandra's shocking interview with Neil Mitchell below.
PLAY: Alexandra tells Neil Mitchell that she was raped by another patient at Eastern Health
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Eastern Health and in particular Box Hill Hospital is and has been in crisis for years now, known as "The Eastern Witches" by most other hospitals due to an ingrained culture of bullying and stand over tactics that goes right to the top, always crying poor yet when faced with government funds for an upgrade the first thing they do is build new offices for administration, not update/upgrade the hospital itself, not to mention a bonus system (which I thought was illegal in the public sector) for so called executives (Which shall never be spoken of, Shh.), combined with incompetence in staff and project management, and a definite "click" it's no wonder this hospital is constantly filthy dirty, makes Frankston hospital look like a resort.
Beware corruption in this system is rife !!bhh worker Monday 16 January, 2012 - 10:18 AM
Where is the duty of care for this patient? a system in crisis.P.O. Tuesday 8 November, 2011 - 7:58 AM
Honestly Police involvement need to be more professional when dealing with cases like this. In my experience when i reported a sexual harrassment by a 40 year old and his son who was roughly 10, mind you i was only 16 years old. This man also harrassed my partner at that time and my female housemate but they were not strong enough to stand up for themselves. All this happened in my own home. When I brought forward my case to the Police, their response to my claim was not what any honest hearted person would say "The reason why he did it is because your a lesbian and he was turned on by it" Mind you that came from two female officers. They then asked me "What would you do if it happened to you in a dark alley? My response to that was "i would not come and see you" No enquiries or investigations came from my claim. And to this day to them, nothing worthy of their attention ever happened according to them.
I feel your pain Alexandra stay strong and never give in, i believe you just as much as i wanted someone to believe me.Beck Monday 7 November, 2011 - 2:39 PM