- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- I found the experience so deeply unsettling
- 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives'
- $400k fire at iconic St Kilda restaurant
- $350k gone in brazen copper heist
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
Eastern Health hides rape incident
Eastern Health is being accused of failing to report the alleged rape of a 21 year old female patient.
Image: The Age
The young woman has told Neil Mitchell she was raped by a male patient while in the Maroondah Hospital's psychiatric ward in 2008, but was advised to not tell anyone about it.
Police records reportedly show it was the woman, not Eastern Health, who first lodged the complaint.
Alexandra says when she told her nurses and they blamed her.
Listen to Alexandra's shocking interview with Neil Mitchell below.
PLAY: Alexandra tells Neil Mitchell that she was raped by another patient at Eastern Health
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Eastern Health and in particular Box Hill Hospital is and has been in crisis for years now, known as "The Eastern Witches" by most other hospitals due to an ingrained culture of bullying and stand over tactics that goes right to the top, always crying poor yet when faced with government funds for an upgrade the first thing they do is build new offices for administration, not update/upgrade the hospital itself, not to mention a bonus system (which I thought was illegal in the public sector) for so called executives (Which shall never be spoken of, Shh.), combined with incompetence in staff and project management, and a definite "click" it's no wonder this hospital is constantly filthy dirty, makes Frankston hospital look like a resort.
Beware corruption in this system is rife !!bhh worker Monday 16 January, 2012 - 10:18 AM
Where is the duty of care for this patient? a system in crisis.P.O. Tuesday 8 November, 2011 - 7:58 AM
Honestly Police involvement need to be more professional when dealing with cases like this. In my experience when i reported a sexual harrassment by a 40 year old and his son who was roughly 10, mind you i was only 16 years old. This man also harrassed my partner at that time and my female housemate but they were not strong enough to stand up for themselves. All this happened in my own home. When I brought forward my case to the Police, their response to my claim was not what any honest hearted person would say "The reason why he did it is because your a lesbian and he was turned on by it" Mind you that came from two female officers. They then asked me "What would you do if it happened to you in a dark alley? My response to that was "i would not come and see you" No enquiries or investigations came from my claim. And to this day to them, nothing worthy of their attention ever happened according to them.
I feel your pain Alexandra stay strong and never give in, i believe you just as much as i wanted someone to believe me.Beck Monday 7 November, 2011 - 2:39 PM