- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- Commonwealth Bank customers can't access money
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Eastern Health hides rape incident
Eastern Health is being accused of failing to report the alleged rape of a 21 year old female patient.
Image: The Age
The young woman has told Neil Mitchell she was raped by a male patient while in the Maroondah Hospital's psychiatric ward in 2008, but was advised to not tell anyone about it.
Police records reportedly show it was the woman, not Eastern Health, who first lodged the complaint.
Alexandra says when she told her nurses and they blamed her.
Listen to Alexandra's shocking interview with Neil Mitchell below.
PLAY: Alexandra tells Neil Mitchell that she was raped by another patient at Eastern Health
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Eastern Health and in particular Box Hill Hospital is and has been in crisis for years now, known as "The Eastern Witches" by most other hospitals due to an ingrained culture of bullying and stand over tactics that goes right to the top, always crying poor yet when faced with government funds for an upgrade the first thing they do is build new offices for administration, not update/upgrade the hospital itself, not to mention a bonus system (which I thought was illegal in the public sector) for so called executives (Which shall never be spoken of, Shh.), combined with incompetence in staff and project management, and a definite "click" it's no wonder this hospital is constantly filthy dirty, makes Frankston hospital look like a resort.
Beware corruption in this system is rife !!bhh worker Monday 16 January, 2012 - 10:18 AM
Where is the duty of care for this patient? a system in crisis.P.O. Tuesday 8 November, 2011 - 7:58 AM
Honestly Police involvement need to be more professional when dealing with cases like this. In my experience when i reported a sexual harrassment by a 40 year old and his son who was roughly 10, mind you i was only 16 years old. This man also harrassed my partner at that time and my female housemate but they were not strong enough to stand up for themselves. All this happened in my own home. When I brought forward my case to the Police, their response to my claim was not what any honest hearted person would say "The reason why he did it is because your a lesbian and he was turned on by it" Mind you that came from two female officers. They then asked me "What would you do if it happened to you in a dark alley? My response to that was "i would not come and see you" No enquiries or investigations came from my claim. And to this day to them, nothing worthy of their attention ever happened according to them.
I feel your pain Alexandra stay strong and never give in, i believe you just as much as i wanted someone to believe me.Beck Monday 7 November, 2011 - 2:39 PM