- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- Laverton home goes up in flames
- William and Kate avoid Melbourne on royal tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
Eastern Health hides rape incident
Eastern Health is being accused of failing to report the alleged rape of a 21 year old female patient.
Image: The Age
The young woman has told Neil Mitchell she was raped by a male patient while in the Maroondah Hospital's psychiatric ward in 2008, but was advised to not tell anyone about it.
Police records reportedly show it was the woman, not Eastern Health, who first lodged the complaint.
Alexandra says when she told her nurses and they blamed her.
Listen to Alexandra's shocking interview with Neil Mitchell below.
PLAY: Alexandra tells Neil Mitchell that she was raped by another patient at Eastern Health
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Eastern Health and in particular Box Hill Hospital is and has been in crisis for years now, known as "The Eastern Witches" by most other hospitals due to an ingrained culture of bullying and stand over tactics that goes right to the top, always crying poor yet when faced with government funds for an upgrade the first thing they do is build new offices for administration, not update/upgrade the hospital itself, not to mention a bonus system (which I thought was illegal in the public sector) for so called executives (Which shall never be spoken of, Shh.), combined with incompetence in staff and project management, and a definite "click" it's no wonder this hospital is constantly filthy dirty, makes Frankston hospital look like a resort.
Beware corruption in this system is rife !!bhh worker Monday 16 January, 2012 - 10:18 AM
Where is the duty of care for this patient? a system in crisis.P.O. Tuesday 8 November, 2011 - 7:58 AM
Honestly Police involvement need to be more professional when dealing with cases like this. In my experience when i reported a sexual harrassment by a 40 year old and his son who was roughly 10, mind you i was only 16 years old. This man also harrassed my partner at that time and my female housemate but they were not strong enough to stand up for themselves. All this happened in my own home. When I brought forward my case to the Police, their response to my claim was not what any honest hearted person would say "The reason why he did it is because your a lesbian and he was turned on by it" Mind you that came from two female officers. They then asked me "What would you do if it happened to you in a dark alley? My response to that was "i would not come and see you" No enquiries or investigations came from my claim. And to this day to them, nothing worthy of their attention ever happened according to them.
I feel your pain Alexandra stay strong and never give in, i believe you just as much as i wanted someone to believe me.Beck Monday 7 November, 2011 - 2:39 PM