- Mum killer was on parole for rape
- Parolee killer jailed for life
- Corcoran wants out of Essendon
- Apollo theatre ceiling collapses
- Two murder charges over Wayne Amey death
- Abbott must renege on promises: Kennett
- Ashes theft: 'They steal your memories'
- Protests: East-West drilling begins
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- bushiepete on Parolee killer jailed for life justice hollingworth thank you you got this right.. more
- jgl Melb on Parolee killer jailed for life It appears the community outrage at ridiculously lenient sentencing is at last being heard. more
- Christine on Protests: East-West drilling begins So let's do a poll on how many tax payers are happy about the time police are spending at this site. If you're not dole ... more
- Logic on Protests: East-West drilling begins Carol. The fact that most people do not want the tunnel was confirmed by last month's Neilsen poll. That's where the 74% ... more
- Jan Lannan on Corcoran wants out of Essendon So another 1 has left the sinking ship so much 4 staying 2gether thru thick & thin when Carlton we down we all stuck thru ... more
- Lisa on Abbott must renege on promises: Kennett We never got a hand-out in years gone past. We saved to have our Children. What is the Country coming to, just throw out ... more
- mandy on Donna, Mandy to be excused What a bunch of low life losers that poor child never stood a chance its a shame child protection authorities here don't do ... more
- mandy on Abbott must renege on promises: Kennett I couldn't agree with Jeff more scrap the paid parental leave and sort out important priorities. more
- Samuel J on Protester, 60, claims she was 'punched ... Rosie got what she deserved. Law and order must prevail in this country. The police were doing their job. more
- Logic on Protests: East-West drilling begins Can we please have the Doncaster rail that was promised instead? No protests, nobody forced from their home, jobs created, ... more
- ian on Protests: East-West drilling begins Bring the water cannons in. more
- Pradman on Ashes theft: 'They steal your memories' '...other valuable items'? more
- PJ on 'Haters will hate': Tim Wilson He's not a socialist do the Lefties have filled his Twitter full of tweets of hate.And then this from the President of the ... more
- Willow on Abbott must renege on promises: Kennett I am a Liberal devotee but if I was to turn against Mr Abbott it would be the Paid Parental Scheme that would do it. ... more
- Justin on Protests: East-West drilling begins I wonder how Stephen Mayne's union colleagues feel about him protesting against long term infrastructure works for ... more
- Peggy on Donna, Mandy to be excused It doens't make sense why these women are excused when there reason to believe this poor child was tortured.Who are they ... more
- Carol on Protests: East-West drilling begins Yeh right... Kate.. 74% dont want it???.. I would count again, seems more WANT it than dont from the people I speak to... ... more
- Dee on Protests: East-West drilling begins Measuring the support of protesters by how many "likes" a Facebook page gets? Bahahahaha Do these people live in the real ... more
- Justin on Protests: East-West drilling begins I was involved in the protest against the North South Pipeline. The ALP at the time and the inner city latte set labelled us ... more
- Linda on Protests: East-West drilling begins @ Mandy. My husband has attended many protest, including the McDonalds protest in Tecoma. It is the aim of protesters to get ... more
Expecting royalty: William and Kate set to have a baby
Prince William and wife Catherine are set to become parents with the Duchess of Cambridge announcing she is pregnant.
The Palace has this morning confirmed the pair is expecting and that the Duchess is in hospital with severe morning sickness.
Sky News reported 30-year-old Catherine spent the weekend feeling ill at her parents' home outside London before the Prince drove the pair to King Edward VII Hospital in London overnight.
Ross and John's UK correspondent Malcolm Stuart said it appeared everyone was caught by surprise by the news.
"I doubt if William and Kate really knew very much until today," he said.
"Apparently the Queen didn't know, and nor did Prince Charles. The Queens was only told this morning that she was going to be a great granny and Charles was told he was going to be a grandfather."
It's believed the Duchess is in the very early stages of pregnancy, well short of 12 weeks, and is likely to remain in hospital for several days to rest and receive hydration and nutrients.
An official statement says the Queen, Prince Charles, Prince Harry and both sides of the family are delighted with the news.
The baby will be the third in line to the British throne.
LISTEN: 3AW Breakfast speak with UK correspondent Malcolm Stuart:
Who cares, so some woman in england is pregnant, wow call out the parade. How on earth is this news worthyKieth Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 8:39 AM
@ Marco, what is 'Austrlia'?Kraig Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 5:22 PM
Marco, Australia is most certainly grown up. Why do people of different ethnic backgrounds want Australia to cut ties with England/Monarchy. Most countries that people emigrate from and come to Australia are basket cases and you want to intefere with a system that works wonderfully well.Jane Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 4:44 PM
oh no! for the next nine months now Australia's media is going to be full of this critically essential news as if it were the second coming of Jesus Christ.bread and circuses Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 3:15 PM
Its sad Diana has missed out on all of this,now they only have the awkward old camillia as a step granny.mandy Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 12:38 PM
I wonder if George Negus and Yumi Stynes will be describing be able to confirm that Prince William is not a "dud root".Ivan@kinnane Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 12:16 PM