- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- Commonwealth Bank customers can't access money
- New way to snap naughty drivers
- Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain over Easter
- We will build the airport link: Napthine
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
- biggles on Swanston St wall collapse: 'One year ... disgraceful system more
- Christina on Mutilated: Kittens stabbed several ... Absolutely disgusting! Whoever did this should be locked up. The penalties aren't nearly as tough as they should be. These ... more
- brian on Taxi drivers giving out strip club ... I was appalled by this. These strip clubs are degrading to women. more
- Michelle on Taxi drivers giving out strip club ... I heard Katherine say she sits in the front seat of cabs - my advice is women sit in the back seat of cars, it is way safer. ... more
- Michelle on New lead in MH370 search I feel seasick watching the video. Good luck to all the search teams. more
Expecting royalty: William and Kate set to have a baby
Prince William and wife Catherine are set to become parents with the Duchess of Cambridge announcing she is pregnant.
The Palace has this morning confirmed the pair is expecting and that the Duchess is in hospital with severe morning sickness.
Sky News reported 30-year-old Catherine spent the weekend feeling ill at her parents' home outside London before the Prince drove the pair to King Edward VII Hospital in London overnight.
Ross and John's UK correspondent Malcolm Stuart said it appeared everyone was caught by surprise by the news.
"I doubt if William and Kate really knew very much until today," he said.
"Apparently the Queen didn't know, and nor did Prince Charles. The Queens was only told this morning that she was going to be a great granny and Charles was told he was going to be a grandfather."
It's believed the Duchess is in the very early stages of pregnancy, well short of 12 weeks, and is likely to remain in hospital for several days to rest and receive hydration and nutrients.
An official statement says the Queen, Prince Charles, Prince Harry and both sides of the family are delighted with the news.
The baby will be the third in line to the British throne.
LISTEN: 3AW Breakfast speak with UK correspondent Malcolm Stuart:
Who cares, so some woman in england is pregnant, wow call out the parade. How on earth is this news worthyKieth Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 8:39 AM
@ Marco, what is 'Austrlia'?Kraig Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 5:22 PM
Marco, Australia is most certainly grown up. Why do people of different ethnic backgrounds want Australia to cut ties with England/Monarchy. Most countries that people emigrate from and come to Australia are basket cases and you want to intefere with a system that works wonderfully well.Jane Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 4:44 PM
oh no! for the next nine months now Australia's media is going to be full of this critically essential news as if it were the second coming of Jesus Christ.bread and circuses Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 3:15 PM
Its sad Diana has missed out on all of this,now they only have the awkward old camillia as a step granny.mandy Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 12:38 PM
I wonder if George Negus and Yumi Stynes will be describing be able to confirm that Prince William is not a "dud root".Ivan@kinnane Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 12:16 PM