- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Reward offered for information on Grandmother's murder
- Western Bulldogs dump cheer squad
- 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': Puneet
- Victoria shivers through coldest December day in seven years
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Simon on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just part of the legacy of Steve Bracks! I miss being able to ride a tram occasionally but its too damn difficult. I hope ... more
- Carole Campisano on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Puneet is only concerned about his own welfare right now,it's all about him.He hasn't considered the poor victim's ... more
- jason on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 A great man who can now rest in peace. As for Mylene, you really are a weird miserable thing. more
- jason on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Another ripper Labor project which was estimated at $400,000 yet turned out to be the world's most expensive ticketing sytem ... more
- Christine on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... I totally agree with Trent's comments. This person has a nerve carrying on about how he thinks he will be treated, when he ... more
- Lukew on Myki confusion forces closure of ... I am not surprised. Myki confusion is reducing the number of people using public transport, especially casual users and ... more
- Gloss on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 You must all know by now that mylene never misses an opportunity to slag off at Tony and the Libs. Yes a true lefty with a ... more
- Steve on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This gutless coward will be treated for what he is a hit and run driver and when there is a fatality he deserves to do time ... more
- Mark on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Oh Mylene - what a cuddly witty little lefty you are. Your lack of decency and judgement knows no boundaries. more
- trent on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... He won't be treated as a terrorist. He'll be treated as what he is - a coward and a reckless, worthless, uncaring killer. more
- Craig on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This man needs to take responsibility and face what he did... more
- JamesD on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Just watched Mitchell's interview with Nelson - have to say I was surprised he was chosen to do it but he performed well more
- William Griffin on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene never let a solemn moment like the death of Nelson Mandela to say something silly. The people have spoken wether we ... more
- William Griffin on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What you do you not get Puneet you pleaded guilty to a crime now you are to be held to account you scream I am be treated ... more
- mylene on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Ironic we hear about the death of guy who united South Africa while Neil 'interviews' the man who's divided Australia. ;) more
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
- Janet Saunders on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am sick of the 3aw dropping out all the time, I changed to chrome, but no better. I think I need to change radio stations, ... more
- Mick on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs Joyce has gone from trimming QANTAS to destroying it. It seems he is hell bent on making it fail. He is ruining one of the ... more
- Peter on Having issues streaming 3AW? Since you have updated the streaming side to 3AW I can no longer listen at work :( I can not change any browser settings as ... more
- Aria Judilla on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs These job cuts are brought to you by Qantas management. The same management who recently begged shareholders for extra money ... more
Facebook page set-up to personally attack Highway Patrol Officer
A touch of madness that shows why we have a problem on the roads.
Late last night, about 10 o’clock, some idiots set up a facebook page targeting one traffic policeman. They used a photo of him, they threw dangerous, personal, vitriolic and offensive abuse at him. They incited people to take him on.
The page says it is 'Dedicated to the harassment and victimisation of taxpaying Victorian road users by (and it names him) and his crusade against import car owners'.
It was set up last night and has nearly 1000 followers already. And growing by the minute.
Some of the messages: “He has harassed anyone with a performance vehicle for ten years…..”
“The bloke is a tool”
“Gets on his high horse every time he gets into his uniform”
“He is a disgrace… damaging the automotive industry”
... And worse.
This is nasty stuff and arguably illegal. It stops short of threats but it has his photo there and it is inviting people to harass him. To vilify him.
I am not going to name the policeman. He is a sergeant in the Highway Patrol. If I name him I encourage this nonsense. It is ugly stuff driven by self-interested hoons. And let’s face it, if he is out there booking these idiots he is doing the right thing by us -those of us who want to use the roads safely.
I won’t name him for his sake and because I don’t want to encourage idiots but I reckon Victoria Police should stand by him and damn near give him a medal.
He is clearly doing what he should. He is taking knuckle dragging idiots off the roads.
We alerted Police command to this today. As I said only set up last night so let’s see what they do.
Facebook has no public conscience so they won’t take it down.
VicPol should stand by this officer and send a message.
I personally know the bloke with the car in question. It is totally stock. He explained clearly to the officer its a safety option, as stated clearly in the manufactures manual. He now has to go to court, waste his personal time, time off work at his expense, travel to and from along with the added stress to go with it. Meanwhile the officer wipes his hands clean. Now even if half the people in question have done something wrong, theres still enough questionable situations on this officer to warrant a investigation into his action. As for neil mitchell. Your just a puppet for commercial radio siding with whatever gets you the highest rating. You have no idea of the situation at hand.matt Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 10:04 AM
if there were so many complaints against this officer why wasnt an enquiry made as to how this officer does his job. even worse than a unsteady citizen is a renegade cop running a muck beleiveing he is the power behind the law. im sick of police covering for each other, we need a separate body of equal power to govern the police. us "knuckledragging" "hoons" need to wake up to the consistent presentation methods these police use during news reports to portray us model drivers as a major danger needing police attention, so they then look like heroes for going after us.kyal Friday 14 December, 2012 - 3:04 PM
@mylene: Quite correct; but at least here they are comparatively harmless.David T. Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 5:37 PM
I know plenty of guys, and girls for that matter, young and old, that poor thousands of dollars into their cars because it is their passion. It's no different to being a musician, a fitness junkie or a stamp collector. These people are not "hoons" as they are so loosely branded. The hoons are the guys that drive rubbish cars making themselves feel "big" by speeding or doing burn outs. It is by no means right to threaten or paste this officers picture on Facebook or encourage people to have a go at him. I dare say a decent percentage of the people that joined it are the lottle men that try and make themselves feel big BUT there is a problem when an officer is publicly commended for good work when there is evidence for a case against his interpretation of the laws that he enforces. If I make a mistake at work I am not publicly commended for it, nor do I get a commission for it. I am reprimanded and told of my actions.Thomas Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 4:42 PM
The facebook page was wrong, was the guy doing something inappropriate at the time to be pulled over?
And was the car in factory condition? The courts should award damages to the public if they fight a fine and win. Then the police won't be so pen happy to issue fines.Matt Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 11:36 AM
wheres my comment gone, selective journalism dosnt suprize mecraig sawyer Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 11:04 AM