- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Facebook page set-up to personally attack Highway Patrol Officer
A touch of madness that shows why we have a problem on the roads.
Late last night, about 10 o’clock, some idiots set up a facebook page targeting one traffic policeman. They used a photo of him, they threw dangerous, personal, vitriolic and offensive abuse at him. They incited people to take him on.
The page says it is 'Dedicated to the harassment and victimisation of taxpaying Victorian road users by (and it names him) and his crusade against import car owners'.
It was set up last night and has nearly 1000 followers already. And growing by the minute.
Some of the messages: “He has harassed anyone with a performance vehicle for ten years…..”
“The bloke is a tool”
“Gets on his high horse every time he gets into his uniform”
“He is a disgrace… damaging the automotive industry”
... And worse.
This is nasty stuff and arguably illegal. It stops short of threats but it has his photo there and it is inviting people to harass him. To vilify him.
I am not going to name the policeman. He is a sergeant in the Highway Patrol. If I name him I encourage this nonsense. It is ugly stuff driven by self-interested hoons. And let’s face it, if he is out there booking these idiots he is doing the right thing by us -those of us who want to use the roads safely.
I won’t name him for his sake and because I don’t want to encourage idiots but I reckon Victoria Police should stand by him and damn near give him a medal.
He is clearly doing what he should. He is taking knuckle dragging idiots off the roads.
We alerted Police command to this today. As I said only set up last night so let’s see what they do.
Facebook has no public conscience so they won’t take it down.
VicPol should stand by this officer and send a message.
I personally know the bloke with the car in question. It is totally stock. He explained clearly to the officer its a safety option, as stated clearly in the manufactures manual. He now has to go to court, waste his personal time, time off work at his expense, travel to and from along with the added stress to go with it. Meanwhile the officer wipes his hands clean. Now even if half the people in question have done something wrong, theres still enough questionable situations on this officer to warrant a investigation into his action. As for neil mitchell. Your just a puppet for commercial radio siding with whatever gets you the highest rating. You have no idea of the situation at hand.matt Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 10:04 AM
if there were so many complaints against this officer why wasnt an enquiry made as to how this officer does his job. even worse than a unsteady citizen is a renegade cop running a muck beleiveing he is the power behind the law. im sick of police covering for each other, we need a separate body of equal power to govern the police. us "knuckledragging" "hoons" need to wake up to the consistent presentation methods these police use during news reports to portray us model drivers as a major danger needing police attention, so they then look like heroes for going after us.kyal Friday 14 December, 2012 - 3:04 PM
@mylene: Quite correct; but at least here they are comparatively harmless.David T. Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 5:37 PM
I know plenty of guys, and girls for that matter, young and old, that poor thousands of dollars into their cars because it is their passion. It's no different to being a musician, a fitness junkie or a stamp collector. These people are not "hoons" as they are so loosely branded. The hoons are the guys that drive rubbish cars making themselves feel "big" by speeding or doing burn outs. It is by no means right to threaten or paste this officers picture on Facebook or encourage people to have a go at him. I dare say a decent percentage of the people that joined it are the lottle men that try and make themselves feel big BUT there is a problem when an officer is publicly commended for good work when there is evidence for a case against his interpretation of the laws that he enforces. If I make a mistake at work I am not publicly commended for it, nor do I get a commission for it. I am reprimanded and told of my actions.Thomas Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 4:42 PM
The facebook page was wrong, was the guy doing something inappropriate at the time to be pulled over?
And was the car in factory condition? The courts should award damages to the public if they fight a fine and win. Then the police won't be so pen happy to issue fines.Matt Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 11:36 AM
wheres my comment gone, selective journalism dosnt suprize mecraig sawyer Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 11:04 AM