- Detective of the Year, Wayne Cheeseman, with Ross, John and Sly
- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- Out-of-control driver smashes into Hawthorn home fence
- Labor leads election polls
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- acetrim on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US Why do people who come come back from Ebola infested places go into quarantine we quarantine plants and animals more
- Linda on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US How hard would it be to quarantine people coming in from affected countries for a couple of weeks? Inconvenient yes, but ... more
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
- Ed Niemiec on Police put on high alert Well done Vic Pol!! more
Facebook page set-up to personally attack Highway Patrol Officer
A touch of madness that shows why we have a problem on the roads.
Late last night, about 10 o’clock, some idiots set up a facebook page targeting one traffic policeman. They used a photo of him, they threw dangerous, personal, vitriolic and offensive abuse at him. They incited people to take him on.
The page says it is 'Dedicated to the harassment and victimisation of taxpaying Victorian road users by (and it names him) and his crusade against import car owners'.
It was set up last night and has nearly 1000 followers already. And growing by the minute.
Some of the messages: “He has harassed anyone with a performance vehicle for ten years…..”
“The bloke is a tool”
“Gets on his high horse every time he gets into his uniform”
“He is a disgrace… damaging the automotive industry”
... And worse.
This is nasty stuff and arguably illegal. It stops short of threats but it has his photo there and it is inviting people to harass him. To vilify him.
I am not going to name the policeman. He is a sergeant in the Highway Patrol. If I name him I encourage this nonsense. It is ugly stuff driven by self-interested hoons. And let’s face it, if he is out there booking these idiots he is doing the right thing by us -those of us who want to use the roads safely.
I won’t name him for his sake and because I don’t want to encourage idiots but I reckon Victoria Police should stand by him and damn near give him a medal.
He is clearly doing what he should. He is taking knuckle dragging idiots off the roads.
We alerted Police command to this today. As I said only set up last night so let’s see what they do.
Facebook has no public conscience so they won’t take it down.
VicPol should stand by this officer and send a message.
I personally know the bloke with the car in question. It is totally stock. He explained clearly to the officer its a safety option, as stated clearly in the manufactures manual. He now has to go to court, waste his personal time, time off work at his expense, travel to and from along with the added stress to go with it. Meanwhile the officer wipes his hands clean. Now even if half the people in question have done something wrong, theres still enough questionable situations on this officer to warrant a investigation into his action. As for neil mitchell. Your just a puppet for commercial radio siding with whatever gets you the highest rating. You have no idea of the situation at hand.matt Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 10:04 AM
if there were so many complaints against this officer why wasnt an enquiry made as to how this officer does his job. even worse than a unsteady citizen is a renegade cop running a muck beleiveing he is the power behind the law. im sick of police covering for each other, we need a separate body of equal power to govern the police. us "knuckledragging" "hoons" need to wake up to the consistent presentation methods these police use during news reports to portray us model drivers as a major danger needing police attention, so they then look like heroes for going after us.kyal Friday 14 December, 2012 - 3:04 PM
@mylene: Quite correct; but at least here they are comparatively harmless.David T. Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 5:37 PM
I know plenty of guys, and girls for that matter, young and old, that poor thousands of dollars into their cars because it is their passion. It's no different to being a musician, a fitness junkie or a stamp collector. These people are not "hoons" as they are so loosely branded. The hoons are the guys that drive rubbish cars making themselves feel "big" by speeding or doing burn outs. It is by no means right to threaten or paste this officers picture on Facebook or encourage people to have a go at him. I dare say a decent percentage of the people that joined it are the lottle men that try and make themselves feel big BUT there is a problem when an officer is publicly commended for good work when there is evidence for a case against his interpretation of the laws that he enforces. If I make a mistake at work I am not publicly commended for it, nor do I get a commission for it. I am reprimanded and told of my actions.Thomas Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 4:42 PM
The facebook page was wrong, was the guy doing something inappropriate at the time to be pulled over?
And was the car in factory condition? The courts should award damages to the public if they fight a fine and win. Then the police won't be so pen happy to issue fines.Matt Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 11:36 AM
wheres my comment gone, selective journalism dosnt suprize mecraig sawyer Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 11:04 AM