- Carlton player Simon White charged by police
- Social media trails show ISIS link to Melbourne schools
- Ross and John in Glasgow: Heritage Day
- Robert Doyle: 'It's a mess, a gigantic error'
- Sex attacker assaults girl, 16
- Jim Schembri reviews: Hercules 3D, Mrs Browns Boys D'Movie and more
- 'Heads must roll, or the voters will roll you'
- On the road with Patty the poet cabbie
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on On the road with Patty the poet cabbie Pat Mullaney now thats a good scots name??? more
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
Facebook page set-up to personally attack Highway Patrol Officer
A touch of madness that shows why we have a problem on the roads.
Late last night, about 10 o’clock, some idiots set up a facebook page targeting one traffic policeman. They used a photo of him, they threw dangerous, personal, vitriolic and offensive abuse at him. They incited people to take him on.
The page says it is 'Dedicated to the harassment and victimisation of taxpaying Victorian road users by (and it names him) and his crusade against import car owners'.
It was set up last night and has nearly 1000 followers already. And growing by the minute.
Some of the messages: “He has harassed anyone with a performance vehicle for ten years…..”
“The bloke is a tool”
“Gets on his high horse every time he gets into his uniform”
“He is a disgrace… damaging the automotive industry”
... And worse.
This is nasty stuff and arguably illegal. It stops short of threats but it has his photo there and it is inviting people to harass him. To vilify him.
I am not going to name the policeman. He is a sergeant in the Highway Patrol. If I name him I encourage this nonsense. It is ugly stuff driven by self-interested hoons. And let’s face it, if he is out there booking these idiots he is doing the right thing by us -those of us who want to use the roads safely.
I won’t name him for his sake and because I don’t want to encourage idiots but I reckon Victoria Police should stand by him and damn near give him a medal.
He is clearly doing what he should. He is taking knuckle dragging idiots off the roads.
We alerted Police command to this today. As I said only set up last night so let’s see what they do.
Facebook has no public conscience so they won’t take it down.
VicPol should stand by this officer and send a message.
I personally know the bloke with the car in question. It is totally stock. He explained clearly to the officer its a safety option, as stated clearly in the manufactures manual. He now has to go to court, waste his personal time, time off work at his expense, travel to and from along with the added stress to go with it. Meanwhile the officer wipes his hands clean. Now even if half the people in question have done something wrong, theres still enough questionable situations on this officer to warrant a investigation into his action. As for neil mitchell. Your just a puppet for commercial radio siding with whatever gets you the highest rating. You have no idea of the situation at hand.matt Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 10:04 AM
if there were so many complaints against this officer why wasnt an enquiry made as to how this officer does his job. even worse than a unsteady citizen is a renegade cop running a muck beleiveing he is the power behind the law. im sick of police covering for each other, we need a separate body of equal power to govern the police. us "knuckledragging" "hoons" need to wake up to the consistent presentation methods these police use during news reports to portray us model drivers as a major danger needing police attention, so they then look like heroes for going after us.kyal Friday 14 December, 2012 - 3:04 PM
@mylene: Quite correct; but at least here they are comparatively harmless.David T. Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 5:37 PM
I know plenty of guys, and girls for that matter, young and old, that poor thousands of dollars into their cars because it is their passion. It's no different to being a musician, a fitness junkie or a stamp collector. These people are not "hoons" as they are so loosely branded. The hoons are the guys that drive rubbish cars making themselves feel "big" by speeding or doing burn outs. It is by no means right to threaten or paste this officers picture on Facebook or encourage people to have a go at him. I dare say a decent percentage of the people that joined it are the lottle men that try and make themselves feel big BUT there is a problem when an officer is publicly commended for good work when there is evidence for a case against his interpretation of the laws that he enforces. If I make a mistake at work I am not publicly commended for it, nor do I get a commission for it. I am reprimanded and told of my actions.Thomas Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 4:42 PM
The facebook page was wrong, was the guy doing something inappropriate at the time to be pulled over?
And was the car in factory condition? The courts should award damages to the public if they fight a fine and win. Then the police won't be so pen happy to issue fines.Matt Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 11:36 AM
wheres my comment gone, selective journalism dosnt suprize mecraig sawyer Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 11:04 AM