- Report: Man confesses to killing Bung
- Man launches petition to reel in violent ticket inspectors
- ASADA fines Dogs
- 3AW finishes 2013 with superb result
- Introducing Melbourne's newest baby elephant
- Baby Daniel 'gagged, tied, kept in a cupboard'
- Murder suspect in dispute over plaster work, courts hears
- Police hunting beach thieves
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- William Griffin on Man launches petition to reel in ... Daniel get a grip in your world everyone has rights but you forget about responsibilities and respect for authority and ... more
- Teyem on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Back when it was Metcard, we paid for our ticket and used it for the day and threw it out.. Correct?Now with Myki, aswell as ... more
- mandy on Two murdered with kids in the house Nobody knows whether these people were innocent until its been investigated Kath and the article never mentioned what you ... more
- Kath on Two murdered with kids in the house Oh my God. Please tell me you did not put "domestic violence" in inverted commas when talking about the slaughter of two ... more
- marcel on Sign of the times? its common in Box Hill and Glen Waverley to see real estate agents advertising properties in Mandarin(chinese). My mother ... more
- Janet P on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What a disgusting low life. more
- Fat Controller on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Come on people itâ??s been around long enough by now I would have thought the constant whining would have subsided by now. ... more
- Roger on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Stupid system. I used my Myki the other day and noticed it had expired a month before (just after I previously used it)No ... more
- Sonya on Myki confusion forces closure of ... What I dont understand is why Myki passes expire? and why the complicated process of transferring credit from the old pass ... more
- Big Al on Myki confusion forces closure of ... This is like a really bad marriage. How long do you hang onto the disaster? At what point do you let go? I would suggest the ... more
- Joseph Logan on Two murdered with kids in the house I am just wondering if a FamIly Law Court decision had anything to do with this this " domestic violence"? Like, one man ... more
- john_at on Having issues streaming 3AW? www.australianliveradio.com provides a trouble-free steam of 3AW using Windows Media Player more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Was it $100K 'dead' or alive, or is this just a bleating somebody trying to evade justice yet again?Knowing our 'justice' ... more
- Gary on Myki confusion forces closure of ... MYKI was always a job for the boys and a way to milk the system for mates. When once I raised a question about long lunches ... more
- Auto Repair Tempe on Holden recalls 50,000 imported cars Driving holden barina is really amazing if we don't find any technical problem. I have bought 2009 holden barina since long ... more
- Peggy on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene.How long do we have to put up with you?A truly great man has died. Many could learn from him. more
- It's So Simple on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just cut your losses now. Re-instate conductors and staff at every station. Install cameras for extra security. I am 120% ... more
- Joyfull on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Sadly, he will probably be treated quite well here in our jail. This country looks after criminals far better than our own ... more
- Rod on Myki confusion forces closure of ... My car had to be serviced so was forced onto public transport. Had a charged Myki ticket in my wallet which was purchased at ... more
- Gazza on Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage ... 6 years what a sick joke...... more
Father Bob 'afraid of the unknown'
SUNDAY: Father Bob Maguire has been farewell by around 1,500 people at his final mass at the South Melbourne Parish on Sunday.
Fr. Bob said he almost cried when Emmanuel Kelly sung Amazing Grace.
Scroll down below Friday's video to hear Father Bob speak to 3AW on Sunday after his big day
FRIDAY: Father Bob Maguire admitted he's 'afraid of the unknown' as he winds down his final days as the South Melbourne Parish Priest.
The unconventional but popular Priest will conduct his last mass this Sunday in front of a fully packed house of loving supporters.
Bob will have until the clock strikes midnight on February 1st to clear out his office.
"I'm Bob Maguire but I might need to find that out now," Bob put it bluntly to Neil Mitchell in the 3AW Studio.
"At 77 years of age I suddenly need to reinvent myself."
Asked what he'd like to happen in a perfect world, Bob said he'd love to run another Church if Archbishop Hart sees it fit. However, Bob, Neil and listeners know such an endorsement is highly unlikely.
"I've been bullied, no doubt, but I don't hold any bitterness towards anyone," he humbly said.
Watch Father Bob's interview with Neil Mitchell below.
PLAY: Father Bob speaks to 3AW on Sunday Morning
MUST LISTEN: Neil Mitchell chased up a difficult story after a man, known as 'Luke 827', passed away following a long battle with mental health and drugs. Father Bob Maguire had been helping the troubled man for around 30 years.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Mmmmm. Interesting. I once worked with Father Bob at the street kids organisation he was involved with then. I chose to leave. Nice man but with a scant regard for everyday 'financial accountability'. I do believe the Catholic Church may be being very kind to him by stating he's being retired because of his 'grand age'. Good luck Bob. Best wishes on this new adventure. You're a survivor with a myriad of supporters.Cathy Monday 30 January, 2012 - 11:04 AM
For years now, it's all about Bob McGuire. Just as it's all about Les Twentyman. And it's all about Noel McNamara. Dudes think they are bigger and more important than what they represent. And 3aw/Herald-Sun just love making them heroes, just as they did with Bruce Ruxton. But oddly, Tim Costello has never been revered by the conservative, white bread media.Craig Monday 30 January, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Good luck Bob.You'll be right,your a top guy and have done a heap for so many.
Ignore these people with the negative statements,you've done more good than they could ever dream of.
All the bestRobbie...D Sunday 29 January, 2012 - 5:27 AM
Show me the money!Elmos Nemesis Saturday 28 January, 2012 - 11:58 AM
kimmy 1, Fr Bob would have a better understanding of the 'real world' than most of us.Lukew Saturday 28 January, 2012 - 1:25 AM
pull your head in poor poorcraig Friday 27 January, 2012 - 5:20 PM