- 'He was a precocious talent'
- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- Police swarm on Bandidos club in murder investigation
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Heather on Phillip Hughes dead at 25 May the clouds wrap him in a blanket of love and the moon kiss him goodnight! Rest in peace young man! Much love to his ... more
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
- Dennis on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... Apparantly Edihad is supplying food and drink to people affected by the fire. I hope they're not charging football prices. more
- Chris on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... With all the media and fire fighters the dock lands population must have doubled last night. more
- Chris on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Any smart person would have put a new seat on $20 at bunnings and when they leave put the broken one back on. more
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
Father Bob 'afraid of the unknown'
SUNDAY: Father Bob Maguire has been farewell by around 1,500 people at his final mass at the South Melbourne Parish on Sunday.
Fr. Bob said he almost cried when Emmanuel Kelly sung Amazing Grace.
Scroll down below Friday's video to hear Father Bob speak to 3AW on Sunday after his big day
FRIDAY: Father Bob Maguire admitted he's 'afraid of the unknown' as he winds down his final days as the South Melbourne Parish Priest.
The unconventional but popular Priest will conduct his last mass this Sunday in front of a fully packed house of loving supporters.
Bob will have until the clock strikes midnight on February 1st to clear out his office.
"I'm Bob Maguire but I might need to find that out now," Bob put it bluntly to Neil Mitchell in the 3AW Studio.
"At 77 years of age I suddenly need to reinvent myself."
Asked what he'd like to happen in a perfect world, Bob said he'd love to run another Church if Archbishop Hart sees it fit. However, Bob, Neil and listeners know such an endorsement is highly unlikely.
"I've been bullied, no doubt, but I don't hold any bitterness towards anyone," he humbly said.
Watch Father Bob's interview with Neil Mitchell below.
PLAY: Father Bob speaks to 3AW on Sunday Morning
MUST LISTEN: Neil Mitchell chased up a difficult story after a man, known as 'Luke 827', passed away following a long battle with mental health and drugs. Father Bob Maguire had been helping the troubled man for around 30 years.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Mmmmm. Interesting. I once worked with Father Bob at the street kids organisation he was involved with then. I chose to leave. Nice man but with a scant regard for everyday 'financial accountability'. I do believe the Catholic Church may be being very kind to him by stating he's being retired because of his 'grand age'. Good luck Bob. Best wishes on this new adventure. You're a survivor with a myriad of supporters.Cathy Monday 30 January, 2012 - 11:04 AM
For years now, it's all about Bob McGuire. Just as it's all about Les Twentyman. And it's all about Noel McNamara. Dudes think they are bigger and more important than what they represent. And 3aw/Herald-Sun just love making them heroes, just as they did with Bruce Ruxton. But oddly, Tim Costello has never been revered by the conservative, white bread media.Craig Monday 30 January, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Good luck Bob.You'll be right,your a top guy and have done a heap for so many.
Ignore these people with the negative statements,you've done more good than they could ever dream of.
All the bestRobbie...D Sunday 29 January, 2012 - 5:27 AM
Show me the money!Elmos Nemesis Saturday 28 January, 2012 - 11:58 AM
kimmy 1, Fr Bob would have a better understanding of the 'real world' than most of us.Lukew Saturday 28 January, 2012 - 1:25 AM
pull your head in poor poorcraig Friday 27 January, 2012 - 5:20 PM