- Labor to sack Ambulance board
- 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla
- Exactly 7124 worms stolen
- 3AW Breakfast join hunt for stolen boat
- Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer
- Multi-car crash on Princes Highway
- Siege at Barwon Prison
- Dramatic resuce after Port Phillip boat collision
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
- Jester4212 on New-age helmet design Is this the answer to more accountable cyclists? No. This will make it more dangerous for cyclists. You can guarantee ... more
- Lynne on New-age helmet design Hi Neil,I think this is a great idea not just for riders but other road and footpath users too! All too often as a ... more
- Colin Lacivita on New-age helmet design Good Idea especially with the rego on the back.I wish I thought of it. more
- Gabriel on New-age helmet design This looks ridiculous. And that clear visor looks like it could end up lodged in your eyes. more
- Miracle Rescue on Miracle rescue for trapped man Separate trucks and cars more
- Stephen on Miracle rescue for trapped man Surprised this doesn't happen more often to be honest. BRAKING DISTANCE between vehicles is just not observed by Melbourne ... more
- jgl Melb on Balme returns to Pies How much compensation will this cost Ed ? more
- Jester4212 on Two Melbourne Cup horses dead And what about the pain the animal had to endure up until this point? more
- Sinbad on Two Melbourne Cup horses dead People collapse and die in marathons on a fairly frequent basis and we don't hear the outcry, wringing of hands, tears and ... more
- bushiepete on 78yo spends 2 hours having spasms on ... yes there were a lot of happy people who had drugs, grog,to much fun time and need to be baby sat by the police and ambos.. ... more
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
Father Bob 'afraid of the unknown'
SUNDAY: Father Bob Maguire has been farewell by around 1,500 people at his final mass at the South Melbourne Parish on Sunday.
Fr. Bob said he almost cried when Emmanuel Kelly sung Amazing Grace.
Scroll down below Friday's video to hear Father Bob speak to 3AW on Sunday after his big day
FRIDAY: Father Bob Maguire admitted he's 'afraid of the unknown' as he winds down his final days as the South Melbourne Parish Priest.
The unconventional but popular Priest will conduct his last mass this Sunday in front of a fully packed house of loving supporters.
Bob will have until the clock strikes midnight on February 1st to clear out his office.
"I'm Bob Maguire but I might need to find that out now," Bob put it bluntly to Neil Mitchell in the 3AW Studio.
"At 77 years of age I suddenly need to reinvent myself."
Asked what he'd like to happen in a perfect world, Bob said he'd love to run another Church if Archbishop Hart sees it fit. However, Bob, Neil and listeners know such an endorsement is highly unlikely.
"I've been bullied, no doubt, but I don't hold any bitterness towards anyone," he humbly said.
Watch Father Bob's interview with Neil Mitchell below.
PLAY: Father Bob speaks to 3AW on Sunday Morning
MUST LISTEN: Neil Mitchell chased up a difficult story after a man, known as 'Luke 827', passed away following a long battle with mental health and drugs. Father Bob Maguire had been helping the troubled man for around 30 years.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Mmmmm. Interesting. I once worked with Father Bob at the street kids organisation he was involved with then. I chose to leave. Nice man but with a scant regard for everyday 'financial accountability'. I do believe the Catholic Church may be being very kind to him by stating he's being retired because of his 'grand age'. Good luck Bob. Best wishes on this new adventure. You're a survivor with a myriad of supporters.Cathy Monday 30 January, 2012 - 11:04 AM
For years now, it's all about Bob McGuire. Just as it's all about Les Twentyman. And it's all about Noel McNamara. Dudes think they are bigger and more important than what they represent. And 3aw/Herald-Sun just love making them heroes, just as they did with Bruce Ruxton. But oddly, Tim Costello has never been revered by the conservative, white bread media.Craig Monday 30 January, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Good luck Bob.You'll be right,your a top guy and have done a heap for so many.
Ignore these people with the negative statements,you've done more good than they could ever dream of.
All the bestRobbie...D Sunday 29 January, 2012 - 5:27 AM
Show me the money!Elmos Nemesis Saturday 28 January, 2012 - 11:58 AM
kimmy 1, Fr Bob would have a better understanding of the 'real world' than most of us.Lukew Saturday 28 January, 2012 - 1:25 AM
pull your head in poor poorcraig Friday 27 January, 2012 - 5:20 PM