- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Father Bob 'afraid of the unknown'
SUNDAY: Father Bob Maguire has been farewell by around 1,500 people at his final mass at the South Melbourne Parish on Sunday.
Fr. Bob said he almost cried when Emmanuel Kelly sung Amazing Grace.
Scroll down below Friday's video to hear Father Bob speak to 3AW on Sunday after his big day
FRIDAY: Father Bob Maguire admitted he's 'afraid of the unknown' as he winds down his final days as the South Melbourne Parish Priest.
The unconventional but popular Priest will conduct his last mass this Sunday in front of a fully packed house of loving supporters.
Bob will have until the clock strikes midnight on February 1st to clear out his office.
"I'm Bob Maguire but I might need to find that out now," Bob put it bluntly to Neil Mitchell in the 3AW Studio.
"At 77 years of age I suddenly need to reinvent myself."
Asked what he'd like to happen in a perfect world, Bob said he'd love to run another Church if Archbishop Hart sees it fit. However, Bob, Neil and listeners know such an endorsement is highly unlikely.
"I've been bullied, no doubt, but I don't hold any bitterness towards anyone," he humbly said.
Watch Father Bob's interview with Neil Mitchell below.
PLAY: Father Bob speaks to 3AW on Sunday Morning
MUST LISTEN: Neil Mitchell chased up a difficult story after a man, known as 'Luke 827', passed away following a long battle with mental health and drugs. Father Bob Maguire had been helping the troubled man for around 30 years.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Mmmmm. Interesting. I once worked with Father Bob at the street kids organisation he was involved with then. I chose to leave. Nice man but with a scant regard for everyday 'financial accountability'. I do believe the Catholic Church may be being very kind to him by stating he's being retired because of his 'grand age'. Good luck Bob. Best wishes on this new adventure. You're a survivor with a myriad of supporters.Cathy Monday 30 January, 2012 - 11:04 AM
For years now, it's all about Bob McGuire. Just as it's all about Les Twentyman. And it's all about Noel McNamara. Dudes think they are bigger and more important than what they represent. And 3aw/Herald-Sun just love making them heroes, just as they did with Bruce Ruxton. But oddly, Tim Costello has never been revered by the conservative, white bread media.Craig Monday 30 January, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Good luck Bob.You'll be right,your a top guy and have done a heap for so many.
Ignore these people with the negative statements,you've done more good than they could ever dream of.
All the bestRobbie...D Sunday 29 January, 2012 - 5:27 AM
Show me the money!Elmos Nemesis Saturday 28 January, 2012 - 11:58 AM
kimmy 1, Fr Bob would have a better understanding of the 'real world' than most of us.Lukew Saturday 28 January, 2012 - 1:25 AM
pull your head in poor poorcraig Friday 27 January, 2012 - 5:20 PM