- Man arrested after police chase
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- Blockbuster Easter to kickstart 2015
- Crews mop up Docklands diesel leak
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted This is a most distressing case, but we cannot allow ourselves to get to a point where people are above being questioned. ... more
- Tess on Why Rosie Batty erupted Two parents both love the children equally it's not one parents right to say they love(d) their child more than the other! ... more
- Mandi on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 These shall not be forgotten years.I will never forget that powerful speech an aussie icon laid to rest. more
Father Bob 'afraid of the unknown'
SUNDAY: Father Bob Maguire has been farewell by around 1,500 people at his final mass at the South Melbourne Parish on Sunday.
Fr. Bob said he almost cried when Emmanuel Kelly sung Amazing Grace.
Scroll down below Friday's video to hear Father Bob speak to 3AW on Sunday after his big day
FRIDAY: Father Bob Maguire admitted he's 'afraid of the unknown' as he winds down his final days as the South Melbourne Parish Priest.
The unconventional but popular Priest will conduct his last mass this Sunday in front of a fully packed house of loving supporters.
Bob will have until the clock strikes midnight on February 1st to clear out his office.
"I'm Bob Maguire but I might need to find that out now," Bob put it bluntly to Neil Mitchell in the 3AW Studio.
"At 77 years of age I suddenly need to reinvent myself."
Asked what he'd like to happen in a perfect world, Bob said he'd love to run another Church if Archbishop Hart sees it fit. However, Bob, Neil and listeners know such an endorsement is highly unlikely.
"I've been bullied, no doubt, but I don't hold any bitterness towards anyone," he humbly said.
Watch Father Bob's interview with Neil Mitchell below.
PLAY: Father Bob speaks to 3AW on Sunday Morning
MUST LISTEN: Neil Mitchell chased up a difficult story after a man, known as 'Luke 827', passed away following a long battle with mental health and drugs. Father Bob Maguire had been helping the troubled man for around 30 years.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Mmmmm. Interesting. I once worked with Father Bob at the street kids organisation he was involved with then. I chose to leave. Nice man but with a scant regard for everyday 'financial accountability'. I do believe the Catholic Church may be being very kind to him by stating he's being retired because of his 'grand age'. Good luck Bob. Best wishes on this new adventure. You're a survivor with a myriad of supporters.Cathy Monday 30 January, 2012 - 11:04 AM
For years now, it's all about Bob McGuire. Just as it's all about Les Twentyman. And it's all about Noel McNamara. Dudes think they are bigger and more important than what they represent. And 3aw/Herald-Sun just love making them heroes, just as they did with Bruce Ruxton. But oddly, Tim Costello has never been revered by the conservative, white bread media.Craig Monday 30 January, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Good luck Bob.You'll be right,your a top guy and have done a heap for so many.
Ignore these people with the negative statements,you've done more good than they could ever dream of.
All the bestRobbie...D Sunday 29 January, 2012 - 5:27 AM
Show me the money!Elmos Nemesis Saturday 28 January, 2012 - 11:58 AM
kimmy 1, Fr Bob would have a better understanding of the 'real world' than most of us.Lukew Saturday 28 January, 2012 - 1:25 AM
pull your head in poor poorcraig Friday 27 January, 2012 - 5:20 PM