- 'Thrill killer' Hemming jailed
- Homegrown terror risks by numbers
- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
Federal Government's hospital funding backflip
Victorian Premier Ted Baillieu says the Federal Government's decision to reverse hospital funding cuts of $107-million is 'a short term political fix'.
The Gillard government bowed to pressure and will reinstate the money after jobs were axed, beds closed and elective surgeries cancelled.
This morning, Neil Mitchell was handed a letter Prime Minister Gillard sent to Premier Baillieu which he says shows the feud is far from over.
"The letter to from the Prime Minister to the state government is aggressive, confrontational, ugly - it accuses Victoria of playing games, of running a political campaign around people's health" he said.
Premier Baillieu described the letter as extraordinary: "I've never seen anything like this. It's extraordinary and I'd simply describe it as unbecoming."
Federal Health Minister Tanya Plibersek announced last night she would restore the money for the current financial year, which will be paid directly to hospital administrators.
"The cash injection will be paid directly to Local Hospital Networks, which will distribute the money to ailing Victorian hospitals, and will not pass through the hands of the Baillieu government which has proven itself to be a cruel and incompetent manager of the Victorian health system," Ms Plibersek said.
“We believe we have an obligation to ensure Victorians are given the best possible health care. We will not stand by and allow Premier Baillieu's politicking to hurt patients. For two years Premier Baillieu's blatant disregard for the welfare of Victorian patients has seen beds close, elective surgery waiting lists blow out and standards of care decline."
The decision to restore the funds won't come without pain with the $55-million promised to state and territories as reward for productivity gains being revoked.
Ian,got rid of WORKCHOICES .....Gazza Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 7:49 PM
Why dont we take the money out of the pollies super and give to the hospitals Gee i can hear the cries already what a bunch of pollies we have here jail the lot of thembarry Monday 25 February, 2013 - 8:05 PM
Is this a case of male supremacy trying it on, Ted B. bullying in aggressive manner against the PM, who never gets credit for doing it the calm, dignified, (female) way. No, she has to be assertive (bordering on aggressive) to make her point. I do not believe she would be playing games with this sort of people money, and she has the health "formula" worked out to back her up. Well done, PM.Rod Fairgofourall Saturday 23 February, 2013 - 3:27 PM
we should be able to get phlibber fibber and useless thats tanya julia and ted charged for the possible death of people who my be very sick and then watch them actbarry Friday 22 February, 2013 - 6:41 PM
@ mylene, so does ":p"David T. Friday 22 February, 2013 - 5:14 PM
MONQUIE, WHAT HAS GILLARD DONE ???? APART FROM LYING.IAN Friday 22 February, 2013 - 4:40 PM