- Social media trails show ISIS link to Melbourne schools
- Ross and John in Glasgow: Heritage Day
- Robert Doyle: 'It's a mess, a gigantic error'
- Sex attacker assaults girl, 16
- Jim Schembri reviews: Hercules 3D, Mrs Browns Boys D'Movie and more
- 'Heads must roll, or the voters will roll you'
- On the road with Patty the poet cabbie
- Marathon hero, hamburger lover
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on On the road with Patty the poet cabbie Pat Mullaney now thats a good scots name??? more
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
Federal Government's hospital funding backflip
Victorian Premier Ted Baillieu says the Federal Government's decision to reverse hospital funding cuts of $107-million is 'a short term political fix'.
The Gillard government bowed to pressure and will reinstate the money after jobs were axed, beds closed and elective surgeries cancelled.
This morning, Neil Mitchell was handed a letter Prime Minister Gillard sent to Premier Baillieu which he says shows the feud is far from over.
"The letter to from the Prime Minister to the state government is aggressive, confrontational, ugly - it accuses Victoria of playing games, of running a political campaign around people's health" he said.
Premier Baillieu described the letter as extraordinary: "I've never seen anything like this. It's extraordinary and I'd simply describe it as unbecoming."
Federal Health Minister Tanya Plibersek announced last night she would restore the money for the current financial year, which will be paid directly to hospital administrators.
"The cash injection will be paid directly to Local Hospital Networks, which will distribute the money to ailing Victorian hospitals, and will not pass through the hands of the Baillieu government which has proven itself to be a cruel and incompetent manager of the Victorian health system," Ms Plibersek said.
“We believe we have an obligation to ensure Victorians are given the best possible health care. We will not stand by and allow Premier Baillieu's politicking to hurt patients. For two years Premier Baillieu's blatant disregard for the welfare of Victorian patients has seen beds close, elective surgery waiting lists blow out and standards of care decline."
The decision to restore the funds won't come without pain with the $55-million promised to state and territories as reward for productivity gains being revoked.
Ian,got rid of WORKCHOICES .....Gazza Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 7:49 PM
Why dont we take the money out of the pollies super and give to the hospitals Gee i can hear the cries already what a bunch of pollies we have here jail the lot of thembarry Monday 25 February, 2013 - 8:05 PM
Is this a case of male supremacy trying it on, Ted B. bullying in aggressive manner against the PM, who never gets credit for doing it the calm, dignified, (female) way. No, she has to be assertive (bordering on aggressive) to make her point. I do not believe she would be playing games with this sort of people money, and she has the health "formula" worked out to back her up. Well done, PM.Rod Fairgofourall Saturday 23 February, 2013 - 3:27 PM
we should be able to get phlibber fibber and useless thats tanya julia and ted charged for the possible death of people who my be very sick and then watch them actbarry Friday 22 February, 2013 - 6:41 PM
@ mylene, so does ":p"David T. Friday 22 February, 2013 - 5:14 PM
MONQUIE, WHAT HAS GILLARD DONE ???? APART FROM LYING.IAN Friday 22 February, 2013 - 4:40 PM