- Live: 2014 Victorian election coverage
- VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick Samantha
- 'He was a precocious talent'
- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Geoff on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... With society up to its boots in politics and living in its own little world, this is what is really important. While we ... more
- Jennifer Williams on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I think that puppy knows she is there for a very special reason. Four tissues later and I'm still going. Such a sad story, ... more
- LisaJ on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Well done Neil and 3AW. Such a nice story after yesterdays news. more
- Helen on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I'm sure Pixie will bring a lot of joy to Samantha, Ashley and the family at this difficult time for them all.Kind thoughts ... more
- andy on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... hope young pixie gives samantha a distaction from the other things going onthe 3 aw community has restored my faith in ... more
- carol on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Driving while crying! kept looking across to see if I was not the only one, then a guy rang in and said he was doing exactly ... more
- paul on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Hi Neil I've just watched the video of pixie being delivered. I have tears rolling you are a legend!!! Christmas WISHES to ... more
- Heather on Phillip Hughes dead at 25 May the clouds wrap him in a blanket of love and the moon kiss him goodnight! Rest in peace young man! Much love to his ... more
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
Federal Government's hospital funding backflip
Victorian Premier Ted Baillieu says the Federal Government's decision to reverse hospital funding cuts of $107-million is 'a short term political fix'.
The Gillard government bowed to pressure and will reinstate the money after jobs were axed, beds closed and elective surgeries cancelled.
This morning, Neil Mitchell was handed a letter Prime Minister Gillard sent to Premier Baillieu which he says shows the feud is far from over.
"The letter to from the Prime Minister to the state government is aggressive, confrontational, ugly - it accuses Victoria of playing games, of running a political campaign around people's health" he said.
Premier Baillieu described the letter as extraordinary: "I've never seen anything like this. It's extraordinary and I'd simply describe it as unbecoming."
Federal Health Minister Tanya Plibersek announced last night she would restore the money for the current financial year, which will be paid directly to hospital administrators.
"The cash injection will be paid directly to Local Hospital Networks, which will distribute the money to ailing Victorian hospitals, and will not pass through the hands of the Baillieu government which has proven itself to be a cruel and incompetent manager of the Victorian health system," Ms Plibersek said.
“We believe we have an obligation to ensure Victorians are given the best possible health care. We will not stand by and allow Premier Baillieu's politicking to hurt patients. For two years Premier Baillieu's blatant disregard for the welfare of Victorian patients has seen beds close, elective surgery waiting lists blow out and standards of care decline."
The decision to restore the funds won't come without pain with the $55-million promised to state and territories as reward for productivity gains being revoked.
Ian,got rid of WORKCHOICES .....Gazza Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 7:49 PM
Why dont we take the money out of the pollies super and give to the hospitals Gee i can hear the cries already what a bunch of pollies we have here jail the lot of thembarry Monday 25 February, 2013 - 8:05 PM
Is this a case of male supremacy trying it on, Ted B. bullying in aggressive manner against the PM, who never gets credit for doing it the calm, dignified, (female) way. No, she has to be assertive (bordering on aggressive) to make her point. I do not believe she would be playing games with this sort of people money, and she has the health "formula" worked out to back her up. Well done, PM.Rod Fairgofourall Saturday 23 February, 2013 - 3:27 PM
we should be able to get phlibber fibber and useless thats tanya julia and ted charged for the possible death of people who my be very sick and then watch them actbarry Friday 22 February, 2013 - 6:41 PM
@ mylene, so does ":p"David T. Friday 22 February, 2013 - 5:14 PM
MONQUIE, WHAT HAS GILLARD DONE ???? APART FROM LYING.IAN Friday 22 February, 2013 - 4:40 PM