- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Federal Government's hospital funding backflip
Victorian Premier Ted Baillieu says the Federal Government's decision to reverse hospital funding cuts of $107-million is 'a short term political fix'.
The Gillard government bowed to pressure and will reinstate the money after jobs were axed, beds closed and elective surgeries cancelled.
This morning, Neil Mitchell was handed a letter Prime Minister Gillard sent to Premier Baillieu which he says shows the feud is far from over.
"The letter to from the Prime Minister to the state government is aggressive, confrontational, ugly - it accuses Victoria of playing games, of running a political campaign around people's health" he said.
Premier Baillieu described the letter as extraordinary: "I've never seen anything like this. It's extraordinary and I'd simply describe it as unbecoming."
Federal Health Minister Tanya Plibersek announced last night she would restore the money for the current financial year, which will be paid directly to hospital administrators.
"The cash injection will be paid directly to Local Hospital Networks, which will distribute the money to ailing Victorian hospitals, and will not pass through the hands of the Baillieu government which has proven itself to be a cruel and incompetent manager of the Victorian health system," Ms Plibersek said.
“We believe we have an obligation to ensure Victorians are given the best possible health care. We will not stand by and allow Premier Baillieu's politicking to hurt patients. For two years Premier Baillieu's blatant disregard for the welfare of Victorian patients has seen beds close, elective surgery waiting lists blow out and standards of care decline."
The decision to restore the funds won't come without pain with the $55-million promised to state and territories as reward for productivity gains being revoked.
Ian,got rid of WORKCHOICES .....Gazza Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 7:49 PM
Why dont we take the money out of the pollies super and give to the hospitals Gee i can hear the cries already what a bunch of pollies we have here jail the lot of thembarry Monday 25 February, 2013 - 8:05 PM
Is this a case of male supremacy trying it on, Ted B. bullying in aggressive manner against the PM, who never gets credit for doing it the calm, dignified, (female) way. No, she has to be assertive (bordering on aggressive) to make her point. I do not believe she would be playing games with this sort of people money, and she has the health "formula" worked out to back her up. Well done, PM.Rod Fairgofourall Saturday 23 February, 2013 - 3:27 PM
we should be able to get phlibber fibber and useless thats tanya julia and ted charged for the possible death of people who my be very sick and then watch them actbarry Friday 22 February, 2013 - 6:41 PM
@ mylene, so does ":p"David T. Friday 22 February, 2013 - 5:14 PM
MONQUIE, WHAT HAS GILLARD DONE ???? APART FROM LYING.IAN Friday 22 February, 2013 - 4:40 PM