- GWS joins gay marriage debate
- Smoking cops 'not a good look'
- Sly's Policeman of the year award
- Husband's 'brutal' bludgeoning to stop wife moving
- The most powerful selfie ever?
- Bung case not limited to one man: Lay
- Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry assistance
- Concerns for missing 14-year-old
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- bc on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... ask mud guts hockey to take a pay cut not on your life buddy neil ask hockey how much is it costing the tax payers flying ... more
- double standards for coppers on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Former Victoria Police detective Charlie Bezzina, who has(had) 38 years experience in force, says sometimes internal police ... more
- wayne on Having issues streaming 3AW? I listen to the ABC because I still cant get any Fairfax Stations at all and the computer is two years old FIX IT more
- bigmoralcopper on Man launches petition to reel in ... Perhaps if this Steve, who by his own admission was employed for over thirty years constant,was made to follow the ... more
- oh dear on GWS joins gay marriage debate what will Gay Western Sydney do next? support climate change legislation and asylum seekers? more
- mandy on Killer whales spotted in Western Port ... Don't tell those rednecks in W.A Peter Glee son,Greg Hunt,and the fisheries minister Troy Buswell they will want them culled ... more
- Will on Face-bong: Online drug market On Neils show today it was mentioned that 5 people had been put in intensive care this week using the fake synthetic ... more
- Steve on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... Why don't the government give all the money that goes to Indonesia to the car industry? charity begins at home or it should ... more
- Steve on Preston road rage caught on camera Morons; like this bloke should lose their license good chance he may have been on drugs the rear number plate is visible so ... more
- Pradman on Preston road rage caught on camera '....she was punched in the face by a cyclist.' after she did an illegal u-turn on Beach Road. more
- Aria Judilla on Preston road rage caught on camera I'm just waiting for all the usual feral drivers to start cheering on the braindead ute driver because the other car ... more
- jgl Melb on The most powerful selfie ever? South Africa can think themselves lucky Dubbya didn't invade the joint looking for WMD. more
- Chris on Man launches petition to reel in ... Typical feral female. more
- mylene on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... Hockey seems to be enjoying this. It's good to see someone so happy just doing their job. more
- Joseph Logan on Husband's 'brutal' bludgeoning to stop ... So Judge thinks it is "selfish, egotistical and controlling to love and want three children? The woman was taking the 3 to ... more
- Christine on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... It's time this industry stood on their own and stop threatening the Government. Same with the unions, get in the real ... more
- Catherine on The most powerful selfie ever? I find this action to be totally disrespectful. more
- Gloss on Baby Daniel 'gagged, tied, kept in a ... The mother knew her son was being tortured and did NOTHING because she was frightened. Come on, how frightened was her poor ... more
- GIW on Man launches petition to reel in ... How about petition for those who belive this feral idiot got what she deserved. more
- kezza on 'Livelihood' stolen while family slept these guys not only have had their livelihood stolen, but have battled to recover since the devastating Black Saturday ... more
Federal Government's hospital funding backflip
Victorian Premier Ted Baillieu says the Federal Government's decision to reverse hospital funding cuts of $107-million is 'a short term political fix'.
The Gillard government bowed to pressure and will reinstate the money after jobs were axed, beds closed and elective surgeries cancelled.
This morning, Neil Mitchell was handed a letter Prime Minister Gillard sent to Premier Baillieu which he says shows the feud is far from over.
"The letter to from the Prime Minister to the state government is aggressive, confrontational, ugly - it accuses Victoria of playing games, of running a political campaign around people's health" he said.
Premier Baillieu described the letter as extraordinary: "I've never seen anything like this. It's extraordinary and I'd simply describe it as unbecoming."
Federal Health Minister Tanya Plibersek announced last night she would restore the money for the current financial year, which will be paid directly to hospital administrators.
"The cash injection will be paid directly to Local Hospital Networks, which will distribute the money to ailing Victorian hospitals, and will not pass through the hands of the Baillieu government which has proven itself to be a cruel and incompetent manager of the Victorian health system," Ms Plibersek said.
“We believe we have an obligation to ensure Victorians are given the best possible health care. We will not stand by and allow Premier Baillieu's politicking to hurt patients. For two years Premier Baillieu's blatant disregard for the welfare of Victorian patients has seen beds close, elective surgery waiting lists blow out and standards of care decline."
The decision to restore the funds won't come without pain with the $55-million promised to state and territories as reward for productivity gains being revoked.
Ian,got rid of WORKCHOICES .....Gazza Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 7:49 PM
Why dont we take the money out of the pollies super and give to the hospitals Gee i can hear the cries already what a bunch of pollies we have here jail the lot of thembarry Monday 25 February, 2013 - 8:05 PM
Is this a case of male supremacy trying it on, Ted B. bullying in aggressive manner against the PM, who never gets credit for doing it the calm, dignified, (female) way. No, she has to be assertive (bordering on aggressive) to make her point. I do not believe she would be playing games with this sort of people money, and she has the health "formula" worked out to back her up. Well done, PM.Rod Fairgofourall Saturday 23 February, 2013 - 3:27 PM
we should be able to get phlibber fibber and useless thats tanya julia and ted charged for the possible death of people who my be very sick and then watch them actbarry Friday 22 February, 2013 - 6:41 PM
@ mylene, so does ":p"David T. Friday 22 February, 2013 - 5:14 PM
MONQUIE, WHAT HAS GILLARD DONE ???? APART FROM LYING.IAN Friday 22 February, 2013 - 4:40 PM