- 3AW fast-tracks historic Ashes coverage
- 'Livelihood' stolen while family slept
- Two murdered with kids in the house
- One killed in South Yarra apartment fire
- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mandy on Two murdered with kids in the house Nobody knows whether these people were innocent until its been investigated Kath and the article never mentioned what you ... more
- Kath on Two murdered with kids in the house Oh my God. Please tell me you did not put "domestic violence" in inverted commas when talking about the slaughter of two ... more
- marcel on Sign of the times? its common in Box Hill and Glen Waverley to see real estate agents advertising properties in Mandarin(chinese). My mother ... more
- Janet P on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What a disgusting low life. more
- Fat Controller on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Come on people itâ??s been around long enough by now I would have thought the constant whining would have subsided by now. ... more
- Roger on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Stupid system. I used my Myki the other day and noticed it had expired a month before (just after I previously used it)No ... more
- Sonya on Myki confusion forces closure of ... What I dont understand is why Myki passes expire? and why the complicated process of transferring credit from the old pass ... more
- Big Al on Myki confusion forces closure of ... This is like a really bad marriage. How long do you hang onto the disaster? At what point do you let go? I would suggest the ... more
- Joseph Logan on Two murdered with kids in the house I am just wondering if a FamIly Law Court decision had anything to do with this this " domestic violence"? Like, one man ... more
- john_at on Having issues streaming 3AW? www.australianliveradio.com provides a trouble-free steam of 3AW using Windows Media Player more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Was it $100K 'dead' or alive, or is this just a bleating somebody trying to evade justice yet again?Knowing our 'justice' ... more
- Gary on Myki confusion forces closure of ... MYKI was always a job for the boys and a way to milk the system for mates. When once I raised a question about long lunches ... more
- Auto Repair Tempe on Holden recalls 50,000 imported cars Driving holden barina is really amazing if we don't find any technical problem. I have bought 2009 holden barina since long ... more
- Peggy on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene.How long do we have to put up with you?A truly great man has died. Many could learn from him. more
- It's So Simple on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just cut your losses now. Re-instate conductors and staff at every station. Install cameras for extra security. I am 120% ... more
- Joyfull on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Sadly, he will probably be treated quite well here in our jail. This country looks after criminals far better than our own ... more
- Rod on Myki confusion forces closure of ... My car had to be serviced so was forced onto public transport. Had a charged Myki ticket in my wallet which was purchased at ... more
- Gazza on Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage ... 6 years what a sick joke...... more
- nik on Myki confusion forces closure of ... MET CARD was the best go JEFF KENNET Neil pressure the state government to make myki take daily tickets more
- Keith A Tudor on Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage ... I trust this mongrel dog gets floggings in gaol! However, he will probably be a "protected animal' in there - sadly. more
Fires break out in Melbourne's West
A grass fire has been contained in Melbourne's west.
Fire crews earlier battled a blaze in a paddock between industrial facilities at the intersection of Dohertys Road and Palmers Road in the Truganina/Laverton area.
The blaze was initially spotting, causing separate fires in several other areas with reports of flames jumping main roads near Laverton.
At 5PM, Eyewitness 'Slade' told Tom Elliott the fire was swirling like a tornado.
Residents have been warned to expect the smell of smoke throughout the evening.
Meanwhile, a large fire broke out in Quandong, a rural locality west of Werribee.
As of 6PM, the blaze was under control.
View From Channel Nine Chopper (Twitter/@JoHall9)
Smoke from Laverton Fire (Twitter/@Hamish67)
View from Wyndham Vale (Twitter/@psurp)
HAARPHAARP Monday 28 January, 2013 - 9:01 AM
Some youths of today have no interests. So to fill in their day and get their kicks they go around spraying graffiti on buildings, damaging propertie's, taking drugs and being a social pest on the street and lighting fires. Yet the law protects them by not naming and shaming them because of their age and gives them some community service to do, which any kind hearted social citizen volunteer would do any way. Some youths of today are just playing games with our crazy legal system and winning!Jillian Friday 25 January, 2013 - 8:46 AM
Very true these fires are deliberately lit by brainless simpletons.mandy Friday 25 January, 2013 - 8:32 AM
These fires didn't break out; they most likely have been lit by a moron or morons this happens out in the west every hot day lately when caught no wrist slapping just slap in jail for a couple of years>..Steve Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 9:09 PM