- Luke wasn't scared of his father
- 'We've got to get through to these irresponsible thugs'
- Wildlife sanctuary saved
- Salvos attacked by ice users
- Masters of their craft
- Man found dead in old nursing home
- Teachers, students to protest together
- Parliamentary 'porn ring'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Phil on Teachers, students to protest together Its amazing the schools are encouraging their students to protest against 'children in the detention' but can't offer a ... more
- Bernadette on Teachers, students to protest together Catholic Teachings regarding Social Justice are very clearly set out, that ALL people regardless of who they are should at ... more
- Parent on Teachers, students to protest together A fantastic opportunity for young men to analyse & discuss the abhorrent detention of children who have a strong likelihood ... more
- Jack on Teachers, students to protest together I'm a student at st Bernard's college. Yesterday as protest was one that was derived from our colleges faith as Christians, ... more
- Turn it up on Teachers, students to protest together To everyone here commenting that this is disgusting and wrong and the students did not have a decision in the matter, Turn ... more
- Lina johns on Teachers, students to protest together Nice to see that we have young people in our community who have a heart and truly believe in humanity (children should not ... more
- Michael on Teachers, students to protest together I was a student at St Bernards.I couldn't be more proud. Well done boys and well done Tony. All you people having a whinge ... more
- Pedro on Teachers, students to protest together As a parent of a former 2014 St Bernard's College student, I congratulate Mr Paatsch on taking this leadership for the young ... more
- Sue on Teachers, students to protest together Disgusting that school teachers are allowed to infect our children with their views. more
- IBARKER on Teachers, students to protest together There is only one person that should their mouths and hands taped,that should be the TEACHER. more
- Flash on Teachers, students to protest together Brain washing, and the media doesn't. For your information and if you read the articles. Its completely option. I love ... more
- student on Teachers, students to protest together I am a student of the school in question and I can confidently say most of the opinions presented on this site are ... more
- jenny on Teachers, students to protest together when I was a kid at school my opinion was neither asked for or even valued. the issue of children in detention is so ... more
- Gloria on Teachers, students to protest together So typical of Catholic teaching, brainwash kids whilst they're young! more
- damien O'Neil on Teachers, students to protest together This bloke woukld have to be a member of the greens?? Doesn't have a clue and he is charge of teaching 1,400 students. God ... more
- Sarah on Teachers, students to protest together My son attends the school, we have had NO information, permission forms etc sent home, that said he want be going...doesn't ... more
- brad on Teachers, students to protest together You are all oblivious to the actual meaning of this protest. It is about social justice and simply not about politicising ... more
- Gazza on Teachers, students to protest together I would prefer if they were protesting against cuts to education and WORKCHOICES. more
- Elli on Teachers, students to protest together Peggy, you must not have been near a school for a while. Politics is most definitely a subject (a stand alone subject)in ... more
- Marko on Teachers, students to protest together If I had a child in St.Bernard's I'd be looking for a new school. Tony Paatsch is using his position to push his political ... more
Fires break out in Melbourne's West
A grass fire has been contained in Melbourne's west.
Fire crews earlier battled a blaze in a paddock between industrial facilities at the intersection of Dohertys Road and Palmers Road in the Truganina/Laverton area.
The blaze was initially spotting, causing separate fires in several other areas with reports of flames jumping main roads near Laverton.
At 5PM, Eyewitness 'Slade' told Tom Elliott the fire was swirling like a tornado.
Residents have been warned to expect the smell of smoke throughout the evening.
Meanwhile, a large fire broke out in Quandong, a rural locality west of Werribee.
As of 6PM, the blaze was under control.
View From Channel Nine Chopper (Twitter/@JoHall9)
Smoke from Laverton Fire (Twitter/@Hamish67)
View from Wyndham Vale (Twitter/@psurp)
HAARPHAARP Monday 28 January, 2013 - 9:01 AM
Some youths of today have no interests. So to fill in their day and get their kicks they go around spraying graffiti on buildings, damaging propertie's, taking drugs and being a social pest on the street and lighting fires. Yet the law protects them by not naming and shaming them because of their age and gives them some community service to do, which any kind hearted social citizen volunteer would do any way. Some youths of today are just playing games with our crazy legal system and winning!Jillian Friday 25 January, 2013 - 8:46 AM
Very true these fires are deliberately lit by brainless simpletons.mandy Friday 25 January, 2013 - 8:32 AM
These fires didn't break out; they most likely have been lit by a moron or morons this happens out in the west every hot day lately when caught no wrist slapping just slap in jail for a couple of years>..Steve Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 9:09 PM