- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- 'G, that's rough: Tigers unhappy
- Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no standing zone
- One dead in Tarneit crash
- Postal pong leaves workers ill
- Armed bandit flees with Sunbury United cash
- Man fights for life after Dandenong car crash
- Police hunt injured thief
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
- iain on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' More political interference is not what is required here. We need allegations of doping heard and either cleared or ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' This is a waste of taxpayers money the courts have more urgent cases to deal with. more
- Sid on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Guilty as sin but not an iota of evidence or positive test to support these claims?Everyone has a problem saying the Bombers ... more
- Christine on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' For people who actively listen, and have no agenda, Paul Little has conducted himself impeccably throughout this drawn-out ... more
- Nigel on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' No Mr Little, the whole community hasn't got deal fatigue, it's sick and tired of Essendonâ?¢ trying to stall/block ... more
Fires break out in Melbourne's West
A grass fire has been contained in Melbourne's west.
Fire crews earlier battled a blaze in a paddock between industrial facilities at the intersection of Dohertys Road and Palmers Road in the Truganina/Laverton area.
The blaze was initially spotting, causing separate fires in several other areas with reports of flames jumping main roads near Laverton.
At 5PM, Eyewitness 'Slade' told Tom Elliott the fire was swirling like a tornado.
Residents have been warned to expect the smell of smoke throughout the evening.
Meanwhile, a large fire broke out in Quandong, a rural locality west of Werribee.
As of 6PM, the blaze was under control.
View From Channel Nine Chopper (Twitter/@JoHall9)
Smoke from Laverton Fire (Twitter/@Hamish67)
View from Wyndham Vale (Twitter/@psurp)
HAARPHAARP Monday 28 January, 2013 - 9:01 AM
Some youths of today have no interests. So to fill in their day and get their kicks they go around spraying graffiti on buildings, damaging propertie's, taking drugs and being a social pest on the street and lighting fires. Yet the law protects them by not naming and shaming them because of their age and gives them some community service to do, which any kind hearted social citizen volunteer would do any way. Some youths of today are just playing games with our crazy legal system and winning!Jillian Friday 25 January, 2013 - 8:46 AM
Very true these fires are deliberately lit by brainless simpletons.mandy Friday 25 January, 2013 - 8:32 AM
These fires didn't break out; they most likely have been lit by a moron or morons this happens out in the west every hot day lately when caught no wrist slapping just slap in jail for a couple of years>..Steve Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 9:09 PM