- Serious head injuries in Hazelwood Power Station fall
- Footscray train station stabbing
- One person trapped after army base tank collision
- Craig Thomson MP faces 19 extra charges
- Essendon footballer in hospital after alleged stabbing
- Top five Melbourne cycling danger spots revealed
- Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing dog amongst rubble
- Tornado death toll revised to 24, including nine children
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Rod Evans on One person trapped after army base tank ... Best wishes to the boys injured in the service of their country. more
- Who's Paying??? on Craig Thomson MP faces 19 extra charges I've never ever known of a court case to drag on for so many years. Are we the taxpayer paying his bills? more
- Jillian on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Another stabbing in the community, but if this case is going to toughen up our legal finding's on stabbing cases then I ... more
- Jillian on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... If only dog's could talk! God bless the both of you. more
- mandy on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... Something good came out of something so bad. Amazing how that little dog survived. more
- Gerard on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Assistant Commissioner Robert Hill is yet again 'over the hill'.I take it he wants to make his job even easier than it ... more
- KNOW-ALL COPPER on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... ANOTHER CASE OF A GEN X COP, SUSS AT THAT, TALKING DOWN TO THE GENERATION BELOW HIM.NOTHING IS NEW HERE. THIS AGE GROUP X ... more
- Pj on Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay ... Rudd changed his mind? Like he did on the Spill leaving his mates high and dry? Note for us: Lets not give him an ... more
- Greg on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... And this fool was in charge of young AFL players futures.What a role model,not more
- Greg on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... What a huge con the .05 system is.It tells people you can drink & drive but not over that limit.Why not have a zero limit ... more
- Sarah on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... As a current green P-plater with no desire to ever drive after having even one drink, this doesn't bother me at all... If it ... more
- mylene on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... The Nanny State lives!! more
- Jillian on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... How about having a number plate H for hoon or D for drink driver. Let these unstable driver's be known to the motorist on ... more
- robynne on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... I would say till 21,also they should have defencive driving classes at school! more
- stuart on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Why not increase P plate age by 1 year every second year and closely monitor accident results. Evidenced based rules/law ... more
- Joseph Richmond on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... So, why a big Deal? Ugly is still ugly, right? more
- Harry Brown on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Question is was the baby Ugly or not?If it was then what's the fuss? more
- bushiepete on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... wow most nsw rugby players are ugly and have no necks i guess the babys the same ?? dident see it at least i will sleep ... more
- Jan on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... I probably only watch a couple of hours of TV in a week now, programming is absolute garbage, I loathe every so called ... more
- Sinbad on Narre Warren homes damaged after Ford ... Dg, it was widely reported in numerous media outlets that the victims were "known to police". 1 + 1 usually equals 2 mate! more
Fires break out in Melbourne's West
A grass fire has been contained in Melbourne's west.
Fire crews earlier battled a blaze in a paddock between industrial facilities at the intersection of Dohertys Road and Palmers Road in the Truganina/Laverton area.
The blaze was initially spotting, causing separate fires in several other areas with reports of flames jumping main roads near Laverton.
At 5PM, Eyewitness 'Slade' told Tom Elliott the fire was swirling like a tornado.
Residents have been warned to expect the smell of smoke throughout the evening.
Meanwhile, a large fire broke out in Quandong, a rural locality west of Werribee.
As of 6PM, the blaze was under control.
View From Channel Nine Chopper (Twitter/@JoHall9)
Smoke from Laverton Fire (Twitter/@Hamish67)
View from Wyndham Vale (Twitter/@psurp)
HAARPHAARP Monday 28 January, 2013 - 9:01 AM
Some youths of today have no interests. So to fill in their day and get their kicks they go around spraying graffiti on buildings, damaging propertie's, taking drugs and being a social pest on the street and lighting fires. Yet the law protects them by not naming and shaming them because of their age and gives them some community service to do, which any kind hearted social citizen volunteer would do any way. Some youths of today are just playing games with our crazy legal system and winning!Jillian Friday 25 January, 2013 - 8:46 AM
Very true these fires are deliberately lit by brainless simpletons.mandy Friday 25 January, 2013 - 8:32 AM
These fires didn't break out; they most likely have been lit by a moron or morons this happens out in the west every hot day lately when caught no wrist slapping just slap in jail for a couple of years>..Steve Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 9:09 PM