- Dismay as weather presenter Jane Bunn retires
- Computer systems to cost Australians billions
- Buddy smashes girlfriend's car
- Anger over domestic violence billboard
- Family hold silent vigil for murdered mum
- ALP changes: Shorten distances Labor from unions
- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kenof Euroa on Dismay as weather presenter Jane Bunn ... Noooooooooooooooooo!!!! more
- Josh on Computer systems to cost Australians ... If the repair bill is really $1.5 Billion to fix then its probably time to upgrade. Also curious if that cost also includes ... more
- John on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Texting? more
- Kaz on Computer systems to cost Australians ... Neil, on current performance the govt will not spend any money on needy people only take away as in pensioners. 12bn $ on ... more
- Canberra Observer on Computer systems to cost Australians ... Australians should be very worried at what the ALP has done to this country and where its internal operation is now under ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Just another day in the life of 3AW's "heroes". Another role model for our kids the station will be championing and ... more
- Mark on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Buddy's insurance premium next year is going to take a good hit out of his million dollar salary. more
- Janet P on Family hold silent vigil for murdered ... Remove the word Domestic.Violence is Violence. Our justice system is a JOKE more
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
Fires break out in Melbourne's West
A grass fire has been contained in Melbourne's west.
Fire crews earlier battled a blaze in a paddock between industrial facilities at the intersection of Dohertys Road and Palmers Road in the Truganina/Laverton area.
The blaze was initially spotting, causing separate fires in several other areas with reports of flames jumping main roads near Laverton.
At 5PM, Eyewitness 'Slade' told Tom Elliott the fire was swirling like a tornado.
Residents have been warned to expect the smell of smoke throughout the evening.
Meanwhile, a large fire broke out in Quandong, a rural locality west of Werribee.
As of 6PM, the blaze was under control.
View From Channel Nine Chopper (Twitter/@JoHall9)
Smoke from Laverton Fire (Twitter/@Hamish67)
View from Wyndham Vale (Twitter/@psurp)
HAARPHAARP Monday 28 January, 2013 - 9:01 AM
Some youths of today have no interests. So to fill in their day and get their kicks they go around spraying graffiti on buildings, damaging propertie's, taking drugs and being a social pest on the street and lighting fires. Yet the law protects them by not naming and shaming them because of their age and gives them some community service to do, which any kind hearted social citizen volunteer would do any way. Some youths of today are just playing games with our crazy legal system and winning!Jillian Friday 25 January, 2013 - 8:46 AM
Very true these fires are deliberately lit by brainless simpletons.mandy Friday 25 January, 2013 - 8:32 AM
These fires didn't break out; they most likely have been lit by a moron or morons this happens out in the west every hot day lately when caught no wrist slapping just slap in jail for a couple of years>..Steve Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 9:09 PM