- VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick Samantha
- 'He was a precocious talent'
- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Geoff on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... With society up to its boots in politics and living in its own little world, this is what is really important. While we ... more
- Jennifer Williams on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I think that puppy knows she is there for a very special reason. Four tissues later and I'm still going. Such a sad story, ... more
- LisaJ on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Well done Neil and 3AW. Such a nice story after yesterdays news. more
- Helen on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I'm sure Pixie will bring a lot of joy to Samantha, Ashley and the family at this difficult time for them all.Kind thoughts ... more
- andy on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... hope young pixie gives samantha a distaction from the other things going onthe 3 aw community has restored my faith in ... more
- carol on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Driving while crying! kept looking across to see if I was not the only one, then a guy rang in and said he was doing exactly ... more
- paul on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Hi Neil I've just watched the video of pixie being delivered. I have tears rolling you are a legend!!! Christmas WISHES to ... more
- Heather on Phillip Hughes dead at 25 May the clouds wrap him in a blanket of love and the moon kiss him goodnight! Rest in peace young man! Much love to his ... more
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
Flag-flying Aussies are racist?
A study in Western Australia found people who fly the Australian flag from their cars for Australia Day are more racist.
Five-hundred-and-thirteen people were surveyed, and of those 102 revealed they flew a flag from their car, and of those 43 per cent said they supported the White Australia policy.
Thirty-five per cent said you had to be born in Australia to be truly Australian.
Neil Mitchell spoke to the facilitator of the study, Professor Farida Fozdar at the University of Western Australia.
Listen to her detail the findings of the study below.
PLAY: Professor Farida Fozdar believes Australians who fly the flag on their cars are more racist
FEEDBACK VIA 3AW FACEBOOK PAGE:
Louisa West Ferguson I'm not saying it makes you racist but I know a few people that do it and I'd probably call them close minded yobbo types.
Julie Nunnyabusyness Hill thats ridiculous..Me and my seven yr old decorate the car, and I am definately not rascist.
Suzzanne Bongartz Does this mean that if someone from an english ,italian ,greek ,chinese,german or any other background who displays there country of origin flag racist to
Lucy Williams I'm more offended that Australia has someone shallow minded enough to complete such an absurd study! Fly those flags proudly Aussies!
Brian Hill Flying a flag has nothing to do with racism It has everything to do with being proud of Australian way of life
Ree Ball Next celebrating Anzac Day or Rememberance Day will make us racist?
Shaun Moloney When the Chinese celebrate there new year that's fine when the muslims celebrate Ramadan that's fine but when we Australians celebrate Australia day where racists
If I fly the vietnamese flag, being White, i would be told am embracing diversity. If I fly the Australian flag, I can now be labelled racist. Why is it that only White nations must embrace diversity otherwise we are labelled racist? Anti-racist simply is a code word for anti white.Gallowglass Wednesday 25 April, 2012 - 12:28 PM
All I know is that the groups of teenagers I saw at Frankston yesterday wearing Aussie flags, some of them obviously underage drinking, made me cringe. Racist, no. Bogans, yes. I would love to know the reasons for their 'patriotism'.Amanda Friday 27 January, 2012 - 9:55 AM
It`s funny how only white people are called or "implied to be" "racists" for flying their nation`s flag.
It might have something to do with the fact tht ONLY White countries have mass immigration+"assimilation"=GENOCIDE forced on them by their elite.
Anti-racist is a code word for anti-whiteSteveGibson Thursday 26 January, 2012 - 5:43 AM
could it be that people are showing patriotism.....its a good .how could she draw a similiarity with racist views.go figure......I'll fly it, theres one in my house alwaysBarney Wednesday 25 January, 2012 - 11:01 PM
The old fella next door to us has been flying the Australian flag everyday for at least 25 yrs that I know of. He puts it up at 8 a.m and takes it down at 4 p.m. He is a Korean Veteran and married to an asian woman also. I will have to pop over and tell him he is being racist and offending immigrants by just being an aussie. He will have to stop raising the flag each day and show respect for those moving to his country.Mick Wednesday 25 January, 2012 - 7:53 PM
I have one flag that I raise each Australia and Anzac day. So because of all that fuss I am not banning mine, no not banning, if ever I am buying one more.
Now if the anti-Australia membership don't like it they can all pack up, grab the next boat back to Kabool whatever and give us the pleasure of enjoyment of the eventual good riddance.June Wednesday 25 January, 2012 - 3:59 PM