- Cricket Australia apologises for insensitive tweet
- Qantas to cut 1000 jobs
- Future of Heidelberg BMX track still in doubt
- 338 PSO fines wrongly issued
- Gold Coast Suns sack Campbell Brown
- Breakfast farewells Mal Walden
- Young hoon performs burnouts in front of cops
- Are we all a little bit bogan?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Sinbad on Cricket Australia apologises for ... Same as Afro-American rappers using the 'N' word, same as an Italian calling another Italian a wog......Is this still racist ... more
- Blake on Cricket Australia apologises for ... yeah...not racist. more
- bretho on Cricket Australia apologises for ... Since when has it ever been racist for 4 Indians to dress up as Indians? I understand if it was 4 white people but this is ... more
- John on Cricket Australia apologises for ... I hope the person responsible for this tweet is removed from his position immediately. Very distasteful indeed. Does anyone ... more
- Lukew on Cricket Australia apologises for ... I would like to know what is racist about it? more
- simon on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am a Melburnian currently living in Cebu City Philippines. I am able (sometimes) to get audio but the studio video feed ... more
- Karly on Council calls off BMX track demolition I support Heath and his mates.similar thing happened to my boys in belgrave south. Every time the kids built a bike track ... more
- Pradman on Young hoon performs burnouts in front ... ....and he's allowed to vote more
- LynetteOZ on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden The consummate professional! You'll be missed Mal. Thanks for bringing us the news with a dash of humour where appropriate. more
- John on Having issues streaming 3AW? I run FireFox on win 7 and on Linux Mint FireFox. Install VLC. Shockwave and jvanjvan@plugins (latest levels)and it will all ... more
- Kirk on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden Well done on a great career mal, you were the one that go me interested in watching the news in my early teens in 1996, i ... more
- fiona on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden What a lovely man mal waldon is .lovely to see such emotion on the show tonight, wouldn't we all love to loved and ... more
- Gazza on Young hoon performs burnouts in front ... Surely the revenue cameras will stop this behaviour...... more
- David T. on Having issues streaming 3AW? Oh, and by the way, I was bloody cranky when I sent that message; and I still am. more
- David T. on Young hoon performs burnouts in front ... We complain about idiots like this on sites that have no relevance to them (if they even know they, or we, exist). Many ... more
- David T. on Having issues streaming 3AW? Why the hell should I change my browser. If your "experts" can't handle modern day technology, find someone who can. To tell ... more
- Big Al on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden 'Legend' is a word that is thrown around far to freely by sections of the media. As for me, I have never watched or listened ... more
- Mong on Having issues streaming 3AW? I don't think "use a different browser" is an acceptable response. Sounds like a lazy tech person wrote that, internet ... more
- Mighty Mick on Young hoon performs burnouts in front ... Many say that speed kills the truth is idiots like this guy behind a lethal weapon (car)who have no respect for the law and ... more
- Dave on Having issues streaming 3AW? That seems to have worked!!!! more
Flag-flying Aussies are racist?
A study in Western Australia found people who fly the Australian flag from their cars for Australia Day are more racist.
Five-hundred-and-thirteen people were surveyed, and of those 102 revealed they flew a flag from their car, and of those 43 per cent said they supported the White Australia policy.
Thirty-five per cent said you had to be born in Australia to be truly Australian.
Neil Mitchell spoke to the facilitator of the study, Professor Farida Fozdar at the University of Western Australia.
Listen to her detail the findings of the study below.
PLAY: Professor Farida Fozdar believes Australians who fly the flag on their cars are more racist
FEEDBACK VIA 3AW FACEBOOK PAGE:
Louisa West Ferguson I'm not saying it makes you racist but I know a few people that do it and I'd probably call them close minded yobbo types.
Julie Nunnyabusyness Hill thats ridiculous..Me and my seven yr old decorate the car, and I am definately not rascist.
Suzzanne Bongartz Does this mean that if someone from an english ,italian ,greek ,chinese,german or any other background who displays there country of origin flag racist to
Lucy Williams I'm more offended that Australia has someone shallow minded enough to complete such an absurd study! Fly those flags proudly Aussies!
Brian Hill Flying a flag has nothing to do with racism It has everything to do with being proud of Australian way of life
Ree Ball Next celebrating Anzac Day or Rememberance Day will make us racist?
Shaun Moloney When the Chinese celebrate there new year that's fine when the muslims celebrate Ramadan that's fine but when we Australians celebrate Australia day where racists
If I fly the vietnamese flag, being White, i would be told am embracing diversity. If I fly the Australian flag, I can now be labelled racist. Why is it that only White nations must embrace diversity otherwise we are labelled racist? Anti-racist simply is a code word for anti white.Gallowglass Wednesday 25 April, 2012 - 12:28 PM
All I know is that the groups of teenagers I saw at Frankston yesterday wearing Aussie flags, some of them obviously underage drinking, made me cringe. Racist, no. Bogans, yes. I would love to know the reasons for their 'patriotism'.Amanda Friday 27 January, 2012 - 9:55 AM
It`s funny how only white people are called or "implied to be" "racists" for flying their nation`s flag.
It might have something to do with the fact tht ONLY White countries have mass immigration+"assimilation"=GENOCIDE forced on them by their elite.
Anti-racist is a code word for anti-whiteSteveGibson Thursday 26 January, 2012 - 5:43 AM
could it be that people are showing patriotism.....its a good .how could she draw a similiarity with racist views.go figure......I'll fly it, theres one in my house alwaysBarney Wednesday 25 January, 2012 - 11:01 PM
The old fella next door to us has been flying the Australian flag everyday for at least 25 yrs that I know of. He puts it up at 8 a.m and takes it down at 4 p.m. He is a Korean Veteran and married to an asian woman also. I will have to pop over and tell him he is being racist and offending immigrants by just being an aussie. He will have to stop raising the flag each day and show respect for those moving to his country.Mick Wednesday 25 January, 2012 - 7:53 PM
I have one flag that I raise each Australia and Anzac day. So because of all that fuss I am not banning mine, no not banning, if ever I am buying one more.
Now if the anti-Australia membership don't like it they can all pack up, grab the next boat back to Kabool whatever and give us the pleasure of enjoyment of the eventual good riddance.June Wednesday 25 January, 2012 - 3:59 PM