- Crews mop up Docklands diesel leak
- Truck smoulders on EastLink
- Gough Whitlam dead at 98
- Luke wasn't scared of his father
- 'We've got to get through to these irresponsible thugs'
- Wildlife sanctuary saved
- Salvos attacked by ice users
- Masters of their craft
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mandi on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 These shall not be forgotten years.I will never forget that powerful speech an aussie icon laid to rest. more
- Gloss on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Al Black, I agree. Whitlam was arrogant and self-centred and deserved to be sacked over the Khemlani Affair, which he ... more
- Iain on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Yes Gough was a significant figure in Australian history but more, much more, than that..he was a decent and generous man. A ... more
- shane on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Gough Whitlam was one of the greatest Labor Primeministers of all time, Gough could see 20 in front of him, his most ... more
- Al Black on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Gough Whitlam's government was so bad it had to be sacked, and his legacy was to inspire Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard to ... more
- Phil on Teachers, students to protest together Its amazing the schools are encouraging their students to protest against 'children in the detention' but can't offer a ... more
- Bernadette on Teachers, students to protest together Catholic Teachings regarding Social Justice are very clearly set out, that ALL people regardless of who they are should at ... more
- Parent on Teachers, students to protest together A fantastic opportunity for young men to analyse & discuss the abhorrent detention of children who have a strong likelihood ... more
- Jack on Teachers, students to protest together I'm a student at st Bernard's college. Yesterday as protest was one that was derived from our colleges faith as Christians, ... more
- Turn it up on Teachers, students to protest together To everyone here commenting that this is disgusting and wrong and the students did not have a decision in the matter, Turn ... more
- Lina johns on Teachers, students to protest together Nice to see that we have young people in our community who have a heart and truly believe in humanity (children should not ... more
- Michael on Teachers, students to protest together I was a student at St Bernards.I couldn't be more proud. Well done boys and well done Tony. All you people having a whinge ... more
- Pedro on Teachers, students to protest together As a parent of a former 2014 St Bernard's College student, I congratulate Mr Paatsch on taking this leadership for the young ... more
- Sue on Teachers, students to protest together Disgusting that school teachers are allowed to infect our children with their views. more
- IBARKER on Teachers, students to protest together There is only one person that should their mouths and hands taped,that should be the TEACHER. more
- Flash on Teachers, students to protest together Brain washing, and the media doesn't. For your information and if you read the articles. Its completely option. I love ... more
- student on Teachers, students to protest together I am a student of the school in question and I can confidently say most of the opinions presented on this site are ... more
- jenny on Teachers, students to protest together when I was a kid at school my opinion was neither asked for or even valued. the issue of children in detention is so ... more
- Gloria on Teachers, students to protest together So typical of Catholic teaching, brainwash kids whilst they're young! more
- damien O'Neil on Teachers, students to protest together This bloke woukld have to be a member of the greens?? Doesn't have a clue and he is charge of teaching 1,400 students. God ... more
Flag-flying Aussies are racist?
A study in Western Australia found people who fly the Australian flag from their cars for Australia Day are more racist.
Five-hundred-and-thirteen people were surveyed, and of those 102 revealed they flew a flag from their car, and of those 43 per cent said they supported the White Australia policy.
Thirty-five per cent said you had to be born in Australia to be truly Australian.
Neil Mitchell spoke to the facilitator of the study, Professor Farida Fozdar at the University of Western Australia.
Listen to her detail the findings of the study below.
PLAY: Professor Farida Fozdar believes Australians who fly the flag on their cars are more racist
FEEDBACK VIA 3AW FACEBOOK PAGE:
Louisa West Ferguson I'm not saying it makes you racist but I know a few people that do it and I'd probably call them close minded yobbo types.
Julie Nunnyabusyness Hill thats ridiculous..Me and my seven yr old decorate the car, and I am definately not rascist.
Suzzanne Bongartz Does this mean that if someone from an english ,italian ,greek ,chinese,german or any other background who displays there country of origin flag racist to
Lucy Williams I'm more offended that Australia has someone shallow minded enough to complete such an absurd study! Fly those flags proudly Aussies!
Brian Hill Flying a flag has nothing to do with racism It has everything to do with being proud of Australian way of life
Ree Ball Next celebrating Anzac Day or Rememberance Day will make us racist?
Shaun Moloney When the Chinese celebrate there new year that's fine when the muslims celebrate Ramadan that's fine but when we Australians celebrate Australia day where racists
If I fly the vietnamese flag, being White, i would be told am embracing diversity. If I fly the Australian flag, I can now be labelled racist. Why is it that only White nations must embrace diversity otherwise we are labelled racist? Anti-racist simply is a code word for anti white.Gallowglass Wednesday 25 April, 2012 - 12:28 PM
All I know is that the groups of teenagers I saw at Frankston yesterday wearing Aussie flags, some of them obviously underage drinking, made me cringe. Racist, no. Bogans, yes. I would love to know the reasons for their 'patriotism'.Amanda Friday 27 January, 2012 - 9:55 AM
It`s funny how only white people are called or "implied to be" "racists" for flying their nation`s flag.
It might have something to do with the fact tht ONLY White countries have mass immigration+"assimilation"=GENOCIDE forced on them by their elite.
Anti-racist is a code word for anti-whiteSteveGibson Thursday 26 January, 2012 - 5:43 AM
could it be that people are showing patriotism.....its a good .how could she draw a similiarity with racist views.go figure......I'll fly it, theres one in my house alwaysBarney Wednesday 25 January, 2012 - 11:01 PM
The old fella next door to us has been flying the Australian flag everyday for at least 25 yrs that I know of. He puts it up at 8 a.m and takes it down at 4 p.m. He is a Korean Veteran and married to an asian woman also. I will have to pop over and tell him he is being racist and offending immigrants by just being an aussie. He will have to stop raising the flag each day and show respect for those moving to his country.Mick Wednesday 25 January, 2012 - 7:53 PM
I have one flag that I raise each Australia and Anzac day. So because of all that fuss I am not banning mine, no not banning, if ever I am buying one more.
Now if the anti-Australia membership don't like it they can all pack up, grab the next boat back to Kabool whatever and give us the pleasure of enjoyment of the eventual good riddance.June Wednesday 25 January, 2012 - 3:59 PM