- Dismay as weather presenter Jane Bunn retires
- Computer systems to cost Australians billions
- Buddy smashes girlfriend's car
- Anger over domestic violence billboard
- Family hold silent vigil for murdered mum
- ALP changes: Shorten distances Labor from unions
- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kenof Euroa on Dismay as weather presenter Jane Bunn ... Noooooooooooooooooo!!!! more
- Josh on Computer systems to cost Australians ... If the repair bill is really $1.5 Billion to fix then its probably time to upgrade. Also curious if that cost also includes ... more
- John on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Texting? more
- Kaz on Computer systems to cost Australians ... Neil, on current performance the govt will not spend any money on needy people only take away as in pensioners. 12bn $ on ... more
- Canberra Observer on Computer systems to cost Australians ... Australians should be very worried at what the ALP has done to this country and where its internal operation is now under ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Just another day in the life of 3AW's "heroes". Another role model for our kids the station will be championing and ... more
- Mark on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Buddy's insurance premium next year is going to take a good hit out of his million dollar salary. more
- Janet P on Family hold silent vigil for murdered ... Remove the word Domestic.Violence is Violence. Our justice system is a JOKE more
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
Flag-flying Aussies are racist?
A study in Western Australia found people who fly the Australian flag from their cars for Australia Day are more racist.
Five-hundred-and-thirteen people were surveyed, and of those 102 revealed they flew a flag from their car, and of those 43 per cent said they supported the White Australia policy.
Thirty-five per cent said you had to be born in Australia to be truly Australian.
Neil Mitchell spoke to the facilitator of the study, Professor Farida Fozdar at the University of Western Australia.
Listen to her detail the findings of the study below.
PLAY: Professor Farida Fozdar believes Australians who fly the flag on their cars are more racist
FEEDBACK VIA 3AW FACEBOOK PAGE:
Louisa West Ferguson I'm not saying it makes you racist but I know a few people that do it and I'd probably call them close minded yobbo types.
Julie Nunnyabusyness Hill thats ridiculous..Me and my seven yr old decorate the car, and I am definately not rascist.
Suzzanne Bongartz Does this mean that if someone from an english ,italian ,greek ,chinese,german or any other background who displays there country of origin flag racist to
Lucy Williams I'm more offended that Australia has someone shallow minded enough to complete such an absurd study! Fly those flags proudly Aussies!
Brian Hill Flying a flag has nothing to do with racism It has everything to do with being proud of Australian way of life
Ree Ball Next celebrating Anzac Day or Rememberance Day will make us racist?
Shaun Moloney When the Chinese celebrate there new year that's fine when the muslims celebrate Ramadan that's fine but when we Australians celebrate Australia day where racists
If I fly the vietnamese flag, being White, i would be told am embracing diversity. If I fly the Australian flag, I can now be labelled racist. Why is it that only White nations must embrace diversity otherwise we are labelled racist? Anti-racist simply is a code word for anti white.Gallowglass Wednesday 25 April, 2012 - 12:28 PM
All I know is that the groups of teenagers I saw at Frankston yesterday wearing Aussie flags, some of them obviously underage drinking, made me cringe. Racist, no. Bogans, yes. I would love to know the reasons for their 'patriotism'.Amanda Friday 27 January, 2012 - 9:55 AM
It`s funny how only white people are called or "implied to be" "racists" for flying their nation`s flag.
It might have something to do with the fact tht ONLY White countries have mass immigration+"assimilation"=GENOCIDE forced on them by their elite.
Anti-racist is a code word for anti-whiteSteveGibson Thursday 26 January, 2012 - 5:43 AM
could it be that people are showing patriotism.....its a good .how could she draw a similiarity with racist views.go figure......I'll fly it, theres one in my house alwaysBarney Wednesday 25 January, 2012 - 11:01 PM
The old fella next door to us has been flying the Australian flag everyday for at least 25 yrs that I know of. He puts it up at 8 a.m and takes it down at 4 p.m. He is a Korean Veteran and married to an asian woman also. I will have to pop over and tell him he is being racist and offending immigrants by just being an aussie. He will have to stop raising the flag each day and show respect for those moving to his country.Mick Wednesday 25 January, 2012 - 7:53 PM
I have one flag that I raise each Australia and Anzac day. So because of all that fuss I am not banning mine, no not banning, if ever I am buying one more.
Now if the anti-Australia membership don't like it they can all pack up, grab the next boat back to Kabool whatever and give us the pleasure of enjoyment of the eventual good riddance.June Wednesday 25 January, 2012 - 3:59 PM