- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Flag-flying Aussies are racist?
A study in Western Australia found people who fly the Australian flag from their cars for Australia Day are more racist.
Five-hundred-and-thirteen people were surveyed, and of those 102 revealed they flew a flag from their car, and of those 43 per cent said they supported the White Australia policy.
Thirty-five per cent said you had to be born in Australia to be truly Australian.
Neil Mitchell spoke to the facilitator of the study, Professor Farida Fozdar at the University of Western Australia.
Listen to her detail the findings of the study below.
PLAY: Professor Farida Fozdar believes Australians who fly the flag on their cars are more racist
FEEDBACK VIA 3AW FACEBOOK PAGE:
Louisa West Ferguson I'm not saying it makes you racist but I know a few people that do it and I'd probably call them close minded yobbo types.
Julie Nunnyabusyness Hill thats ridiculous..Me and my seven yr old decorate the car, and I am definately not rascist.
Suzzanne Bongartz Does this mean that if someone from an english ,italian ,greek ,chinese,german or any other background who displays there country of origin flag racist to
Lucy Williams I'm more offended that Australia has someone shallow minded enough to complete such an absurd study! Fly those flags proudly Aussies!
Brian Hill Flying a flag has nothing to do with racism It has everything to do with being proud of Australian way of life
Ree Ball Next celebrating Anzac Day or Rememberance Day will make us racist?
Shaun Moloney When the Chinese celebrate there new year that's fine when the muslims celebrate Ramadan that's fine but when we Australians celebrate Australia day where racists
If I fly the vietnamese flag, being White, i would be told am embracing diversity. If I fly the Australian flag, I can now be labelled racist. Why is it that only White nations must embrace diversity otherwise we are labelled racist? Anti-racist simply is a code word for anti white.Gallowglass Wednesday 25 April, 2012 - 12:28 PM
All I know is that the groups of teenagers I saw at Frankston yesterday wearing Aussie flags, some of them obviously underage drinking, made me cringe. Racist, no. Bogans, yes. I would love to know the reasons for their 'patriotism'.Amanda Friday 27 January, 2012 - 9:55 AM
It`s funny how only white people are called or "implied to be" "racists" for flying their nation`s flag.
It might have something to do with the fact tht ONLY White countries have mass immigration+"assimilation"=GENOCIDE forced on them by their elite.
Anti-racist is a code word for anti-whiteSteveGibson Thursday 26 January, 2012 - 5:43 AM
could it be that people are showing patriotism.....its a good .how could she draw a similiarity with racist views.go figure......I'll fly it, theres one in my house alwaysBarney Wednesday 25 January, 2012 - 11:01 PM
The old fella next door to us has been flying the Australian flag everyday for at least 25 yrs that I know of. He puts it up at 8 a.m and takes it down at 4 p.m. He is a Korean Veteran and married to an asian woman also. I will have to pop over and tell him he is being racist and offending immigrants by just being an aussie. He will have to stop raising the flag each day and show respect for those moving to his country.Mick Wednesday 25 January, 2012 - 7:53 PM
I have one flag that I raise each Australia and Anzac day. So because of all that fuss I am not banning mine, no not banning, if ever I am buying one more.
Now if the anti-Australia membership don't like it they can all pack up, grab the next boat back to Kabool whatever and give us the pleasure of enjoyment of the eventual good riddance.June Wednesday 25 January, 2012 - 3:59 PM