- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no standing zone
- One dead in Tarneit crash
- Postal pong leaves workers ill
- Armed bandit flees with Sunbury United cash
- Man fights for life after Dandenong car crash
- Police hunt injured thief
- Two arrested after Glenroy gunshots
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
- iain on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' More political interference is not what is required here. We need allegations of doping heard and either cleared or ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' This is a waste of taxpayers money the courts have more urgent cases to deal with. more
- Sid on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Guilty as sin but not an iota of evidence or positive test to support these claims?Everyone has a problem saying the Bombers ... more
- Christine on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' For people who actively listen, and have no agenda, Paul Little has conducted himself impeccably throughout this drawn-out ... more
- Nigel on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' No Mr Little, the whole community hasn't got deal fatigue, it's sick and tired of Essendonâ?¢ trying to stall/block ... more
Former Liberal Prime Minister Malcom Fraser throws support behind Greens Senator
Former Liberal Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser says he is backing Greens Senator Sarah Hanson-Young in her bid to be re-elected to the Senate in the upcoming federal elections.
Mr Fraser parted ways with his former party in 2009 on the basis that he believed it had become too conservative.
A spokesperson for Senator Hanson-Young’s office confirmed the 83-year-old’s support.
"Mr Fraser is supporting Sarah's campaign specifically, and is doing so because of her stance on refugees," the spokesperson told News Corp Australia.
However Mr Fraser denied his support extended to the entire Greens party after reports he was trying to curtail a Coalition majority in the Senate .
"I don't think either of the major parties deserves to have control of the Senate," Mr Fraser said.
I would advise those who currently hold the views of Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young to read in its entirety Norman Hillson 'I speak of Germany', London 1937
Norman Hillson's last comment '..; the NAZI have given something back to Germany which previous regimes failed to give... that great unified people are looking for peace and see friendship with Britain as a basis for peace not only for themselves but for everyone else.'
This statement comes after seeing and hearing exactly the same as humanity are now from adherents of exactly the same construct of Other.
Extremists as you will read are ignored as now as outliers. Not representative of the whole. A terrible mistake for they simply would not exist without the whole as we know and have seen to humanities great cost. Even now on Egyptian streets, and Syrian, and...
Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young are utilising in my view exactly the same logic to justify their ethical stance.
As Tony Blair said recently not being honest about what is actually occurring will lead to major schism. Too late in my view.
Apologists, for constructs of tyranny, be they secular or religious such as Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young speed us to the inevitable end.
Foundation text genocidal constructs of Other secular or religious lead to the same end.
If you use exactly the same design for a bridge obtained from an external source which has continually caused death and major calamities then how is it you can rationally believe utilising the same design will not lead to the same diabolical outcome?
Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young do.markjuliansmith Monday 8 July, 2013 - 11:42 AM
I dont want to damage the excellent work of you and your team. After careful consideration I am compelled to make a couple of suggestions. First of all I believe the party needs to make some sort of a statement regarding the disgraceful comments of Fraser that effectively equate to backstabbing and party smear. Nothing too dramatic. Perhaps a simple reminder of his work to bring down Whitlam and an illustration that our current situation is far more appropriate to justify those actions. I also draw your attention to the action of the Australian rules league to allow a person charged with rape to continue playing. Goodwill takes a long time to establish but only minutes to destroy. That is perhaps no more evident than the actions of Obama in the last year. It is time for Australia to lead the world. To do that we must be very strong and eliminate everything that has a negative effect on the goodwill and international respect of our nation. I understand that it is necessary to generate revenue to cover the extensive liabilities that Labor has established but I think you are making the wrong call on the live export situation. There is a far better way to service that industry without shipping livestock live. I believe the numbers will come down against the industry. Why not offer Australians something they have never had before. Simply include an additional question in the electronic checklist at the ballot box. The people will appreciate and respect that opportunity. Set a precedent. Bring the people closer to government.Suggestion Box Sunday 7 July, 2013 - 7:39 AM
Lost all respect for Mr Fraser.The Greens serve absolutely no purpose. A vote for them is a vote for Lunacy.Lance Friday 5 July, 2013 - 11:29 AM
@Taking the MyKey, why do people keep putting up Turnbull to replace Abbott. Turnbull is more Labor than Lib and he should he roll over to Labor he would do well in the polls. He backed the Carbon Tax which did not endear him to true Libs.Gloss Friday 5 July, 2013 - 9:13 AM
silly old fraser would be better off looking for a wooden box big enough to bury that stupid head of his than trying once again to come out of that that wonderland of his. he was useless as a prime minister, thank god old bob beat him at the 83 electionchriscam Friday 5 July, 2013 - 2:00 AM
Couldn't stop laughing, the demise of Hanson hyphen Young has been sealed. Fraser is a joke and so is she so they are in good company with each other.Willow Thursday 4 July, 2013 - 10:34 AM