- Earthquake hits Greenvale, Epping, Lalor and Roxburgh Park
- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- Childcare system 'nonsense'
- Paul Dale, Rodney Collins excused from giving evidence
- Fog to cause Melbourne Airport delays
- Scissor bandit can't open cash till
- Government workers cashed in on cosy deals, IBAC hears
- 'Bring them home': Government calls for action
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
- Marlene Gow on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' I wonder how Malthouse would've reacted if some other football identity spoke in that manner to his own daughter those few ... more
- kim on Victorian town's HIV scare Re the Dr Lester interview. It was said earlier in the morning - somewhere between 530 & 630 that the health professional ... more
- Faye on Young Aussies gored in bull run GO BULLS !! more
- Kevin on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' Good manners and decency cost nothing and go such a long way. Mick simply needs to be nice to people, it's not ... more
- Mark Ellison on Victorian town's HIV scare How does "coming into contact" with an HIV infected person, carry a risk? I presume the Health Professional isn't providing ... more
- Matt on Fans ripped-off by Tyson 'Meet & Greet' That is why I picked up the iron, him in the spa. more
- Amanda on Ice town: Victorian region's ... I know of a group of users in Neerim Sth. Folks should take a more loving stance on the unfortunate statement the journalist ... more
Former Liberal Prime Minister Malcom Fraser throws support behind Greens Senator
Former Liberal Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser says he is backing Greens Senator Sarah Hanson-Young in her bid to be re-elected to the Senate in the upcoming federal elections.
Mr Fraser parted ways with his former party in 2009 on the basis that he believed it had become too conservative.
A spokesperson for Senator Hanson-Young’s office confirmed the 83-year-old’s support.
"Mr Fraser is supporting Sarah's campaign specifically, and is doing so because of her stance on refugees," the spokesperson told News Corp Australia.
However Mr Fraser denied his support extended to the entire Greens party after reports he was trying to curtail a Coalition majority in the Senate .
"I don't think either of the major parties deserves to have control of the Senate," Mr Fraser said.
I would advise those who currently hold the views of Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young to read in its entirety Norman Hillson 'I speak of Germany', London 1937
Norman Hillson's last comment '..; the NAZI have given something back to Germany which previous regimes failed to give... that great unified people are looking for peace and see friendship with Britain as a basis for peace not only for themselves but for everyone else.'
This statement comes after seeing and hearing exactly the same as humanity are now from adherents of exactly the same construct of Other.
Extremists as you will read are ignored as now as outliers. Not representative of the whole. A terrible mistake for they simply would not exist without the whole as we know and have seen to humanities great cost. Even now on Egyptian streets, and Syrian, and...
Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young are utilising in my view exactly the same logic to justify their ethical stance.
As Tony Blair said recently not being honest about what is actually occurring will lead to major schism. Too late in my view.
Apologists, for constructs of tyranny, be they secular or religious such as Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young speed us to the inevitable end.
Foundation text genocidal constructs of Other secular or religious lead to the same end.
If you use exactly the same design for a bridge obtained from an external source which has continually caused death and major calamities then how is it you can rationally believe utilising the same design will not lead to the same diabolical outcome?
Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young do.markjuliansmith Monday 8 July, 2013 - 11:42 AM
I dont want to damage the excellent work of you and your team. After careful consideration I am compelled to make a couple of suggestions. First of all I believe the party needs to make some sort of a statement regarding the disgraceful comments of Fraser that effectively equate to backstabbing and party smear. Nothing too dramatic. Perhaps a simple reminder of his work to bring down Whitlam and an illustration that our current situation is far more appropriate to justify those actions. I also draw your attention to the action of the Australian rules league to allow a person charged with rape to continue playing. Goodwill takes a long time to establish but only minutes to destroy. That is perhaps no more evident than the actions of Obama in the last year. It is time for Australia to lead the world. To do that we must be very strong and eliminate everything that has a negative effect on the goodwill and international respect of our nation. I understand that it is necessary to generate revenue to cover the extensive liabilities that Labor has established but I think you are making the wrong call on the live export situation. There is a far better way to service that industry without shipping livestock live. I believe the numbers will come down against the industry. Why not offer Australians something they have never had before. Simply include an additional question in the electronic checklist at the ballot box. The people will appreciate and respect that opportunity. Set a precedent. Bring the people closer to government.Suggestion Box Sunday 7 July, 2013 - 7:39 AM
Lost all respect for Mr Fraser.The Greens serve absolutely no purpose. A vote for them is a vote for Lunacy.Lance Friday 5 July, 2013 - 11:29 AM
@Taking the MyKey, why do people keep putting up Turnbull to replace Abbott. Turnbull is more Labor than Lib and he should he roll over to Labor he would do well in the polls. He backed the Carbon Tax which did not endear him to true Libs.Gloss Friday 5 July, 2013 - 9:13 AM
silly old fraser would be better off looking for a wooden box big enough to bury that stupid head of his than trying once again to come out of that that wonderland of his. he was useless as a prime minister, thank god old bob beat him at the 83 electionchriscam Friday 5 July, 2013 - 2:00 AM
Couldn't stop laughing, the demise of Hanson hyphen Young has been sealed. Fraser is a joke and so is she so they are in good company with each other.Willow Thursday 4 July, 2013 - 10:34 AM