- 'He was a precocious talent'
- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- Police swarm on Bandidos club in murder investigation
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Heather on Phillip Hughes dead at 25 May the clouds wrap him in a blanket of love and the moon kiss him goodnight! Rest in peace young man! Much love to his ... more
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
- Dennis on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... Apparantly Edihad is supplying food and drink to people affected by the fire. I hope they're not charging football prices. more
- Chris on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... With all the media and fire fighters the dock lands population must have doubled last night. more
- Chris on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Any smart person would have put a new seat on $20 at bunnings and when they leave put the broken one back on. more
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
Former Liberal Prime Minister Malcom Fraser throws support behind Greens Senator
Former Liberal Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser says he is backing Greens Senator Sarah Hanson-Young in her bid to be re-elected to the Senate in the upcoming federal elections.
Mr Fraser parted ways with his former party in 2009 on the basis that he believed it had become too conservative.
A spokesperson for Senator Hanson-Young’s office confirmed the 83-year-old’s support.
"Mr Fraser is supporting Sarah's campaign specifically, and is doing so because of her stance on refugees," the spokesperson told News Corp Australia.
However Mr Fraser denied his support extended to the entire Greens party after reports he was trying to curtail a Coalition majority in the Senate .
"I don't think either of the major parties deserves to have control of the Senate," Mr Fraser said.
I would advise those who currently hold the views of Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young to read in its entirety Norman Hillson 'I speak of Germany', London 1937
Norman Hillson's last comment '..; the NAZI have given something back to Germany which previous regimes failed to give... that great unified people are looking for peace and see friendship with Britain as a basis for peace not only for themselves but for everyone else.'
This statement comes after seeing and hearing exactly the same as humanity are now from adherents of exactly the same construct of Other.
Extremists as you will read are ignored as now as outliers. Not representative of the whole. A terrible mistake for they simply would not exist without the whole as we know and have seen to humanities great cost. Even now on Egyptian streets, and Syrian, and...
Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young are utilising in my view exactly the same logic to justify their ethical stance.
As Tony Blair said recently not being honest about what is actually occurring will lead to major schism. Too late in my view.
Apologists, for constructs of tyranny, be they secular or religious such as Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young speed us to the inevitable end.
Foundation text genocidal constructs of Other secular or religious lead to the same end.
If you use exactly the same design for a bridge obtained from an external source which has continually caused death and major calamities then how is it you can rationally believe utilising the same design will not lead to the same diabolical outcome?
Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young do.markjuliansmith Monday 8 July, 2013 - 11:42 AM
I dont want to damage the excellent work of you and your team. After careful consideration I am compelled to make a couple of suggestions. First of all I believe the party needs to make some sort of a statement regarding the disgraceful comments of Fraser that effectively equate to backstabbing and party smear. Nothing too dramatic. Perhaps a simple reminder of his work to bring down Whitlam and an illustration that our current situation is far more appropriate to justify those actions. I also draw your attention to the action of the Australian rules league to allow a person charged with rape to continue playing. Goodwill takes a long time to establish but only minutes to destroy. That is perhaps no more evident than the actions of Obama in the last year. It is time for Australia to lead the world. To do that we must be very strong and eliminate everything that has a negative effect on the goodwill and international respect of our nation. I understand that it is necessary to generate revenue to cover the extensive liabilities that Labor has established but I think you are making the wrong call on the live export situation. There is a far better way to service that industry without shipping livestock live. I believe the numbers will come down against the industry. Why not offer Australians something they have never had before. Simply include an additional question in the electronic checklist at the ballot box. The people will appreciate and respect that opportunity. Set a precedent. Bring the people closer to government.Suggestion Box Sunday 7 July, 2013 - 7:39 AM
Lost all respect for Mr Fraser.The Greens serve absolutely no purpose. A vote for them is a vote for Lunacy.Lance Friday 5 July, 2013 - 11:29 AM
@Taking the MyKey, why do people keep putting up Turnbull to replace Abbott. Turnbull is more Labor than Lib and he should he roll over to Labor he would do well in the polls. He backed the Carbon Tax which did not endear him to true Libs.Gloss Friday 5 July, 2013 - 9:13 AM
silly old fraser would be better off looking for a wooden box big enough to bury that stupid head of his than trying once again to come out of that that wonderland of his. he was useless as a prime minister, thank god old bob beat him at the 83 electionchriscam Friday 5 July, 2013 - 2:00 AM
Couldn't stop laughing, the demise of Hanson hyphen Young has been sealed. Fraser is a joke and so is she so they are in good company with each other.Willow Thursday 4 July, 2013 - 10:34 AM