- Full James Hird statement
- Woman arrested over racist train assault
- Detective of the Year, Wayne Cheeseman, with Ross, John and Sly
- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Milton on Full James Hird statement Essendon can't sack Hird for choosing to pursue his legal rights. Go for it James. more
- acetrim on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US Why do people who come come back from Ebola infested places go into quarantine we quarantine plants and animals more
- Linda on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US How hard would it be to quarantine people coming in from affected countries for a couple of weeks? Inconvenient yes, but ... more
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
Former Liberal Prime Minister Malcom Fraser throws support behind Greens Senator
Former Liberal Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser says he is backing Greens Senator Sarah Hanson-Young in her bid to be re-elected to the Senate in the upcoming federal elections.
Mr Fraser parted ways with his former party in 2009 on the basis that he believed it had become too conservative.
A spokesperson for Senator Hanson-Young’s office confirmed the 83-year-old’s support.
"Mr Fraser is supporting Sarah's campaign specifically, and is doing so because of her stance on refugees," the spokesperson told News Corp Australia.
However Mr Fraser denied his support extended to the entire Greens party after reports he was trying to curtail a Coalition majority in the Senate .
"I don't think either of the major parties deserves to have control of the Senate," Mr Fraser said.
I would advise those who currently hold the views of Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young to read in its entirety Norman Hillson 'I speak of Germany', London 1937
Norman Hillson's last comment '..; the NAZI have given something back to Germany which previous regimes failed to give... that great unified people are looking for peace and see friendship with Britain as a basis for peace not only for themselves but for everyone else.'
This statement comes after seeing and hearing exactly the same as humanity are now from adherents of exactly the same construct of Other.
Extremists as you will read are ignored as now as outliers. Not representative of the whole. A terrible mistake for they simply would not exist without the whole as we know and have seen to humanities great cost. Even now on Egyptian streets, and Syrian, and...
Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young are utilising in my view exactly the same logic to justify their ethical stance.
As Tony Blair said recently not being honest about what is actually occurring will lead to major schism. Too late in my view.
Apologists, for constructs of tyranny, be they secular or religious such as Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young speed us to the inevitable end.
Foundation text genocidal constructs of Other secular or religious lead to the same end.
If you use exactly the same design for a bridge obtained from an external source which has continually caused death and major calamities then how is it you can rationally believe utilising the same design will not lead to the same diabolical outcome?
Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young do.markjuliansmith Monday 8 July, 2013 - 11:42 AM
I dont want to damage the excellent work of you and your team. After careful consideration I am compelled to make a couple of suggestions. First of all I believe the party needs to make some sort of a statement regarding the disgraceful comments of Fraser that effectively equate to backstabbing and party smear. Nothing too dramatic. Perhaps a simple reminder of his work to bring down Whitlam and an illustration that our current situation is far more appropriate to justify those actions. I also draw your attention to the action of the Australian rules league to allow a person charged with rape to continue playing. Goodwill takes a long time to establish but only minutes to destroy. That is perhaps no more evident than the actions of Obama in the last year. It is time for Australia to lead the world. To do that we must be very strong and eliminate everything that has a negative effect on the goodwill and international respect of our nation. I understand that it is necessary to generate revenue to cover the extensive liabilities that Labor has established but I think you are making the wrong call on the live export situation. There is a far better way to service that industry without shipping livestock live. I believe the numbers will come down against the industry. Why not offer Australians something they have never had before. Simply include an additional question in the electronic checklist at the ballot box. The people will appreciate and respect that opportunity. Set a precedent. Bring the people closer to government.Suggestion Box Sunday 7 July, 2013 - 7:39 AM
Lost all respect for Mr Fraser.The Greens serve absolutely no purpose. A vote for them is a vote for Lunacy.Lance Friday 5 July, 2013 - 11:29 AM
@Taking the MyKey, why do people keep putting up Turnbull to replace Abbott. Turnbull is more Labor than Lib and he should he roll over to Labor he would do well in the polls. He backed the Carbon Tax which did not endear him to true Libs.Gloss Friday 5 July, 2013 - 9:13 AM
silly old fraser would be better off looking for a wooden box big enough to bury that stupid head of his than trying once again to come out of that that wonderland of his. he was useless as a prime minister, thank god old bob beat him at the 83 electionchriscam Friday 5 July, 2013 - 2:00 AM
Couldn't stop laughing, the demise of Hanson hyphen Young has been sealed. Fraser is a joke and so is she so they are in good company with each other.Willow Thursday 4 July, 2013 - 10:34 AM