- Man arrested after police chase
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- Blockbuster Easter to kickstart 2015
- Crews mop up Docklands diesel leak
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted This is a most distressing case, but we cannot allow ourselves to get to a point where people are above being questioned. ... more
- Tess on Why Rosie Batty erupted Two parents both love the children equally it's not one parents right to say they love(d) their child more than the other! ... more
- Mandi on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 These shall not be forgotten years.I will never forget that powerful speech an aussie icon laid to rest. more
Former Liberal Prime Minister Malcom Fraser throws support behind Greens Senator
Former Liberal Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser says he is backing Greens Senator Sarah Hanson-Young in her bid to be re-elected to the Senate in the upcoming federal elections.
Mr Fraser parted ways with his former party in 2009 on the basis that he believed it had become too conservative.
A spokesperson for Senator Hanson-Young’s office confirmed the 83-year-old’s support.
"Mr Fraser is supporting Sarah's campaign specifically, and is doing so because of her stance on refugees," the spokesperson told News Corp Australia.
However Mr Fraser denied his support extended to the entire Greens party after reports he was trying to curtail a Coalition majority in the Senate .
"I don't think either of the major parties deserves to have control of the Senate," Mr Fraser said.
I would advise those who currently hold the views of Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young to read in its entirety Norman Hillson 'I speak of Germany', London 1937
Norman Hillson's last comment '..; the NAZI have given something back to Germany which previous regimes failed to give... that great unified people are looking for peace and see friendship with Britain as a basis for peace not only for themselves but for everyone else.'
This statement comes after seeing and hearing exactly the same as humanity are now from adherents of exactly the same construct of Other.
Extremists as you will read are ignored as now as outliers. Not representative of the whole. A terrible mistake for they simply would not exist without the whole as we know and have seen to humanities great cost. Even now on Egyptian streets, and Syrian, and...
Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young are utilising in my view exactly the same logic to justify their ethical stance.
As Tony Blair said recently not being honest about what is actually occurring will lead to major schism. Too late in my view.
Apologists, for constructs of tyranny, be they secular or religious such as Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young speed us to the inevitable end.
Foundation text genocidal constructs of Other secular or religious lead to the same end.
If you use exactly the same design for a bridge obtained from an external source which has continually caused death and major calamities then how is it you can rationally believe utilising the same design will not lead to the same diabolical outcome?
Malcolm Fraser and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young do.markjuliansmith Monday 8 July, 2013 - 11:42 AM
I dont want to damage the excellent work of you and your team. After careful consideration I am compelled to make a couple of suggestions. First of all I believe the party needs to make some sort of a statement regarding the disgraceful comments of Fraser that effectively equate to backstabbing and party smear. Nothing too dramatic. Perhaps a simple reminder of his work to bring down Whitlam and an illustration that our current situation is far more appropriate to justify those actions. I also draw your attention to the action of the Australian rules league to allow a person charged with rape to continue playing. Goodwill takes a long time to establish but only minutes to destroy. That is perhaps no more evident than the actions of Obama in the last year. It is time for Australia to lead the world. To do that we must be very strong and eliminate everything that has a negative effect on the goodwill and international respect of our nation. I understand that it is necessary to generate revenue to cover the extensive liabilities that Labor has established but I think you are making the wrong call on the live export situation. There is a far better way to service that industry without shipping livestock live. I believe the numbers will come down against the industry. Why not offer Australians something they have never had before. Simply include an additional question in the electronic checklist at the ballot box. The people will appreciate and respect that opportunity. Set a precedent. Bring the people closer to government.Suggestion Box Sunday 7 July, 2013 - 7:39 AM
Lost all respect for Mr Fraser.The Greens serve absolutely no purpose. A vote for them is a vote for Lunacy.Lance Friday 5 July, 2013 - 11:29 AM
@Taking the MyKey, why do people keep putting up Turnbull to replace Abbott. Turnbull is more Labor than Lib and he should he roll over to Labor he would do well in the polls. He backed the Carbon Tax which did not endear him to true Libs.Gloss Friday 5 July, 2013 - 9:13 AM
silly old fraser would be better off looking for a wooden box big enough to bury that stupid head of his than trying once again to come out of that that wonderland of his. he was useless as a prime minister, thank god old bob beat him at the 83 electionchriscam Friday 5 July, 2013 - 2:00 AM
Couldn't stop laughing, the demise of Hanson hyphen Young has been sealed. Fraser is a joke and so is she so they are in good company with each other.Willow Thursday 4 July, 2013 - 10:34 AM