- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Truck sinks into Prahran road
- 'He's been a huge success'
- Where has it gone wrong for Qantas?
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- I found the experience so deeply unsettling
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
Four 'Smurfs' arrested over alleged Pascoe Vale assault
UPDATE: Four men have handed themselves into Police and have subsequently been arrested over an alleged assault following the release of CCTV footage featuring 'Smurfs' in a Pascoe Vale convenience store.
Two 19-year-old Broadmeadows men, a 19-year-old Greenvale man and an 18-year-old Jacana man all handed themselves into Police this afternoon. They are all expected to be charged on summons with assault-related offences.
Earlier today Police said they were on the hunt for ‘Papa Smurf and three of his compatriots’ after a 37-year-old man was assaulted near a convenience store in Pascoe Vale last month.
While investigators said they were yet to determine the exact circumstances surrounding the alleged attack, it was believed the three men dressed as Smurfs held 'vital information' regarding the incident.
The alleged victim purchased cigarettes from a convenience store at the intersection of West and Pascoe Streets at around 1am on 16th December. Upon leaving the store, he was approached by one of the Smurfs who asked for a cigarette.
Victoria Police said the man offered a cigarette, but the Smurf demanded it be lighted before handing it over – a demand the man refused.
The victim told Police he noticed the Smurf and three of his similarly attired companions were attempting to jump start a white VS Commodore and had asked for a woman in a car park’s assistance.
Investigators believe that the Pascoe Vale man was then assaulted.
Anyone who has further information about the incident or who can identify the Smurfs or who knows their whereabouts is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au.