- Luke wasn't scared of his father
- 'We've got to get through to these irresponsible thugs'
- Wildlife sanctuary saved
- Salvos attacked by ice users
- Masters of their craft
- Man found dead in old nursing home
- Teachers, students to protest together
- Parliamentary 'porn ring'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Phil on Teachers, students to protest together Its amazing the schools are encouraging their students to protest against 'children in the detention' but can't offer a ... more
- Bernadette on Teachers, students to protest together Catholic Teachings regarding Social Justice are very clearly set out, that ALL people regardless of who they are should at ... more
- Parent on Teachers, students to protest together A fantastic opportunity for young men to analyse & discuss the abhorrent detention of children who have a strong likelihood ... more
- Jack on Teachers, students to protest together I'm a student at st Bernard's college. Yesterday as protest was one that was derived from our colleges faith as Christians, ... more
- Turn it up on Teachers, students to protest together To everyone here commenting that this is disgusting and wrong and the students did not have a decision in the matter, Turn ... more
- Lina johns on Teachers, students to protest together Nice to see that we have young people in our community who have a heart and truly believe in humanity (children should not ... more
- Michael on Teachers, students to protest together I was a student at St Bernards.I couldn't be more proud. Well done boys and well done Tony. All you people having a whinge ... more
- Pedro on Teachers, students to protest together As a parent of a former 2014 St Bernard's College student, I congratulate Mr Paatsch on taking this leadership for the young ... more
- Sue on Teachers, students to protest together Disgusting that school teachers are allowed to infect our children with their views. more
- IBARKER on Teachers, students to protest together There is only one person that should their mouths and hands taped,that should be the TEACHER. more
- Flash on Teachers, students to protest together Brain washing, and the media doesn't. For your information and if you read the articles. Its completely option. I love ... more
- student on Teachers, students to protest together I am a student of the school in question and I can confidently say most of the opinions presented on this site are ... more
- jenny on Teachers, students to protest together when I was a kid at school my opinion was neither asked for or even valued. the issue of children in detention is so ... more
- Gloria on Teachers, students to protest together So typical of Catholic teaching, brainwash kids whilst they're young! more
- damien O'Neil on Teachers, students to protest together This bloke woukld have to be a member of the greens?? Doesn't have a clue and he is charge of teaching 1,400 students. God ... more
- Sarah on Teachers, students to protest together My son attends the school, we have had NO information, permission forms etc sent home, that said he want be going...doesn't ... more
- brad on Teachers, students to protest together You are all oblivious to the actual meaning of this protest. It is about social justice and simply not about politicising ... more
- Gazza on Teachers, students to protest together I would prefer if they were protesting against cuts to education and WORKCHOICES. more
- Elli on Teachers, students to protest together Peggy, you must not have been near a school for a while. Politics is most definitely a subject (a stand alone subject)in ... more
- Marko on Teachers, students to protest together If I had a child in St.Bernard's I'd be looking for a new school. Tony Paatsch is using his position to push his political ... more
Four 'Smurfs' arrested over alleged Pascoe Vale assault
UPDATE: Four men have handed themselves into Police and have subsequently been arrested over an alleged assault following the release of CCTV footage featuring 'Smurfs' in a Pascoe Vale convenience store.
Two 19-year-old Broadmeadows men, a 19-year-old Greenvale man and an 18-year-old Jacana man all handed themselves into Police this afternoon. They are all expected to be charged on summons with assault-related offences.
Earlier today Police said they were on the hunt for ‘Papa Smurf and three of his compatriots’ after a 37-year-old man was assaulted near a convenience store in Pascoe Vale last month.
While investigators said they were yet to determine the exact circumstances surrounding the alleged attack, it was believed the three men dressed as Smurfs held 'vital information' regarding the incident.
The alleged victim purchased cigarettes from a convenience store at the intersection of West and Pascoe Streets at around 1am on 16th December. Upon leaving the store, he was approached by one of the Smurfs who asked for a cigarette.
Victoria Police said the man offered a cigarette, but the Smurf demanded it be lighted before handing it over – a demand the man refused.
The victim told Police he noticed the Smurf and three of his similarly attired companions were attempting to jump start a white VS Commodore and had asked for a woman in a car park’s assistance.
Investigators believe that the Pascoe Vale man was then assaulted.
Anyone who has further information about the incident or who can identify the Smurfs or who knows their whereabouts is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au.