- 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla
- Exactly 7124 worms stolen
- 3AW Breakfast join hunt for stolen boat
- Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer
- Multi-car crash on Princes Highway
- Siege at Barwon Prison
- Dramatic resuce after Port Phillip boat collision
- Clive Palmer spits the dummy
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
- Jester4212 on New-age helmet design Is this the answer to more accountable cyclists? No. This will make it more dangerous for cyclists. You can guarantee ... more
- Lynne on New-age helmet design Hi Neil,I think this is a great idea not just for riders but other road and footpath users too! All too often as a ... more
- Colin Lacivita on New-age helmet design Good Idea especially with the rego on the back.I wish I thought of it. more
- Gabriel on New-age helmet design This looks ridiculous. And that clear visor looks like it could end up lodged in your eyes. more
- Miracle Rescue on Miracle rescue for trapped man Separate trucks and cars more
- Stephen on Miracle rescue for trapped man Surprised this doesn't happen more often to be honest. BRAKING DISTANCE between vehicles is just not observed by Melbourne ... more
- jgl Melb on Balme returns to Pies How much compensation will this cost Ed ? more
- Jester4212 on Two Melbourne Cup horses dead And what about the pain the animal had to endure up until this point? more
- Sinbad on Two Melbourne Cup horses dead People collapse and die in marathons on a fairly frequent basis and we don't hear the outcry, wringing of hands, tears and ... more
- bushiepete on 78yo spends 2 hours having spasms on ... yes there were a lot of happy people who had drugs, grog,to much fun time and need to be baby sat by the police and ambos.. ... more
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
Four 'Smurfs' arrested over alleged Pascoe Vale assault
UPDATE: Four men have handed themselves into Police and have subsequently been arrested over an alleged assault following the release of CCTV footage featuring 'Smurfs' in a Pascoe Vale convenience store.
Two 19-year-old Broadmeadows men, a 19-year-old Greenvale man and an 18-year-old Jacana man all handed themselves into Police this afternoon. They are all expected to be charged on summons with assault-related offences.
Earlier today Police said they were on the hunt for ‘Papa Smurf and three of his compatriots’ after a 37-year-old man was assaulted near a convenience store in Pascoe Vale last month.
While investigators said they were yet to determine the exact circumstances surrounding the alleged attack, it was believed the three men dressed as Smurfs held 'vital information' regarding the incident.
The alleged victim purchased cigarettes from a convenience store at the intersection of West and Pascoe Streets at around 1am on 16th December. Upon leaving the store, he was approached by one of the Smurfs who asked for a cigarette.
Victoria Police said the man offered a cigarette, but the Smurf demanded it be lighted before handing it over – a demand the man refused.
The victim told Police he noticed the Smurf and three of his similarly attired companions were attempting to jump start a white VS Commodore and had asked for a woman in a car park’s assistance.
Investigators believe that the Pascoe Vale man was then assaulted.
Anyone who has further information about the incident or who can identify the Smurfs or who knows their whereabouts is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au.