- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Get behind the Little Dreamers
Neil Mitchell is getting behind the Little Dreamers' celebrity cook book concept.
Little Dreamers are trying to raise money for siblings of terminally ill children, who sometimes get a little bit forgotten.
Along with Neil, the charity is being supported by the likes of Jason Alexander (Seinfeld), Jimmy Barnes and Shane Warne.
*Scroll down to hear the Neil Mitchell program do what it does best; put the generous people of Melbourne in contact with those who need a hand*
NEIL MITCHELL'S SANDWICH:
The bread must be sour dough wholemeal, perhaps with grain, perhaps without. I'm told this is healthy but I reckon it is tasty. Cut it reasonably thick, but not so thick and mountainous that you can't open your mouth wide enough. It must be baked that day.
Smear one side of one piece with fresh avocado, thick. It is healthier and nicer than butter. Smear one side of the other piece with a good strong hummus. Make your own if you are really keen, it isn't too hard.
The meat can be anything. I love rare lamb fillet from the BBQ or smoked salmon. But I can't have a sandwich without meat. Chicken is OK too.
Slice whatever it is thinly and lay on the avocado. If it is salmon you might want to use tzatziki instead of the hummus.
On top of the meat place thinly-sliced tomato. Grind some fresh black pepper and a little salt on top.
Thinly chop a spring onion, sprinkle that on top of the tomato, take a few leaves of cold COS lettuce and finish off with that.
Slam the other piece of bread on top, slice across the angle and ENJOY!
PLAY: Neil Mitchell and Hoyts Spices pitch in to help