- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North
- Eddie McGuire should quit: Jeff Kennett
- Bomb threat: School given all-clear
- Burnley Tunnel closed: Lucky escape in Monash truck fire
- Softened stance on sexting teens
- 'G, that's rough: Tigers unhappy
- Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no standing zone
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
- iain on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' More political interference is not what is required here. We need allegations of doping heard and either cleared or ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' This is a waste of taxpayers money the courts have more urgent cases to deal with. more
- Sid on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Guilty as sin but not an iota of evidence or positive test to support these claims?Everyone has a problem saying the Bombers ... more
- Christine on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' For people who actively listen, and have no agenda, Paul Little has conducted himself impeccably throughout this drawn-out ... more
Get behind the Little Dreamers
Neil Mitchell is getting behind the Little Dreamers' celebrity cook book concept.
Little Dreamers are trying to raise money for siblings of terminally ill children, who sometimes get a little bit forgotten.
Along with Neil, the charity is being supported by the likes of Jason Alexander (Seinfeld), Jimmy Barnes and Shane Warne.
*Scroll down to hear the Neil Mitchell program do what it does best; put the generous people of Melbourne in contact with those who need a hand*
NEIL MITCHELL'S SANDWICH:
The bread must be sour dough wholemeal, perhaps with grain, perhaps without. I'm told this is healthy but I reckon it is tasty. Cut it reasonably thick, but not so thick and mountainous that you can't open your mouth wide enough. It must be baked that day.
Smear one side of one piece with fresh avocado, thick. It is healthier and nicer than butter. Smear one side of the other piece with a good strong hummus. Make your own if you are really keen, it isn't too hard.
The meat can be anything. I love rare lamb fillet from the BBQ or smoked salmon. But I can't have a sandwich without meat. Chicken is OK too.
Slice whatever it is thinly and lay on the avocado. If it is salmon you might want to use tzatziki instead of the hummus.
On top of the meat place thinly-sliced tomato. Grind some fresh black pepper and a little salt on top.
Thinly chop a spring onion, sprinkle that on top of the tomato, take a few leaves of cold COS lettuce and finish off with that.
Slam the other piece of bread on top, slice across the angle and ENJOY!
PLAY: Neil Mitchell and Hoyts Spices pitch in to help