- 3AW fast-tracks historic Ashes coverage
- 'Livelihood' stolen while family slept
- Two murdered with kids in the house
- One killed in South Yarra apartment fire
- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mandy on Two murdered with kids in the house Nobody knows whether these people were innocent until its been investigated Kath and the article never mentioned what you ... more
- Kath on Two murdered with kids in the house Oh my God. Please tell me you did not put "domestic violence" in inverted commas when talking about the slaughter of two ... more
- marcel on Sign of the times? its common in Box Hill and Glen Waverley to see real estate agents advertising properties in Mandarin(chinese). My mother ... more
- Janet P on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What a disgusting low life. more
- Fat Controller on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Come on people itâ??s been around long enough by now I would have thought the constant whining would have subsided by now. ... more
- Roger on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Stupid system. I used my Myki the other day and noticed it had expired a month before (just after I previously used it)No ... more
- Sonya on Myki confusion forces closure of ... What I dont understand is why Myki passes expire? and why the complicated process of transferring credit from the old pass ... more
- Big Al on Myki confusion forces closure of ... This is like a really bad marriage. How long do you hang onto the disaster? At what point do you let go? I would suggest the ... more
- Joseph Logan on Two murdered with kids in the house I am just wondering if a FamIly Law Court decision had anything to do with this this " domestic violence"? Like, one man ... more
- john_at on Having issues streaming 3AW? www.australianliveradio.com provides a trouble-free steam of 3AW using Windows Media Player more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Was it $100K 'dead' or alive, or is this just a bleating somebody trying to evade justice yet again?Knowing our 'justice' ... more
- Gary on Myki confusion forces closure of ... MYKI was always a job for the boys and a way to milk the system for mates. When once I raised a question about long lunches ... more
- Auto Repair Tempe on Holden recalls 50,000 imported cars Driving holden barina is really amazing if we don't find any technical problem. I have bought 2009 holden barina since long ... more
- Peggy on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene.How long do we have to put up with you?A truly great man has died. Many could learn from him. more
- It's So Simple on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just cut your losses now. Re-instate conductors and staff at every station. Install cameras for extra security. I am 120% ... more
- Joyfull on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Sadly, he will probably be treated quite well here in our jail. This country looks after criminals far better than our own ... more
- Rod on Myki confusion forces closure of ... My car had to be serviced so was forced onto public transport. Had a charged Myki ticket in my wallet which was purchased at ... more
- Gazza on Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage ... 6 years what a sick joke...... more
- nik on Myki confusion forces closure of ... MET CARD was the best go JEFF KENNET Neil pressure the state government to make myki take daily tickets more
- Keith A Tudor on Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage ... I trust this mongrel dog gets floggings in gaol! However, he will probably be a "protected animal' in there - sadly. more
Get behind the Little Dreamers
Neil Mitchell is getting behind the Little Dreamers' celebrity cook book concept.
Little Dreamers are trying to raise money for siblings of terminally ill children, who sometimes get a little bit forgotten.
Along with Neil, the charity is being supported by the likes of Jason Alexander (Seinfeld), Jimmy Barnes and Shane Warne.
*Scroll down to hear the Neil Mitchell program do what it does best; put the generous people of Melbourne in contact with those who need a hand*
NEIL MITCHELL'S SANDWICH:
The bread must be sour dough wholemeal, perhaps with grain, perhaps without. I'm told this is healthy but I reckon it is tasty. Cut it reasonably thick, but not so thick and mountainous that you can't open your mouth wide enough. It must be baked that day.
Smear one side of one piece with fresh avocado, thick. It is healthier and nicer than butter. Smear one side of the other piece with a good strong hummus. Make your own if you are really keen, it isn't too hard.
The meat can be anything. I love rare lamb fillet from the BBQ or smoked salmon. But I can't have a sandwich without meat. Chicken is OK too.
Slice whatever it is thinly and lay on the avocado. If it is salmon you might want to use tzatziki instead of the hummus.
On top of the meat place thinly-sliced tomato. Grind some fresh black pepper and a little salt on top.
Thinly chop a spring onion, sprinkle that on top of the tomato, take a few leaves of cold COS lettuce and finish off with that.
Slam the other piece of bread on top, slice across the angle and ENJOY!
PLAY: Neil Mitchell and Hoyts Spices pitch in to help