- Girls charged over sickening brawl
- Obama has the last laugh
- Pakenham mystery: Man found dead in street
- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
Get behind the Little Dreamers
Neil Mitchell is getting behind the Little Dreamers' celebrity cook book concept.
Little Dreamers are trying to raise money for siblings of terminally ill children, who sometimes get a little bit forgotten.
Along with Neil, the charity is being supported by the likes of Jason Alexander (Seinfeld), Jimmy Barnes and Shane Warne.
*Scroll down to hear the Neil Mitchell program do what it does best; put the generous people of Melbourne in contact with those who need a hand*
NEIL MITCHELL'S SANDWICH:
The bread must be sour dough wholemeal, perhaps with grain, perhaps without. I'm told this is healthy but I reckon it is tasty. Cut it reasonably thick, but not so thick and mountainous that you can't open your mouth wide enough. It must be baked that day.
Smear one side of one piece with fresh avocado, thick. It is healthier and nicer than butter. Smear one side of the other piece with a good strong hummus. Make your own if you are really keen, it isn't too hard.
The meat can be anything. I love rare lamb fillet from the BBQ or smoked salmon. But I can't have a sandwich without meat. Chicken is OK too.
Slice whatever it is thinly and lay on the avocado. If it is salmon you might want to use tzatziki instead of the hummus.
On top of the meat place thinly-sliced tomato. Grind some fresh black pepper and a little salt on top.
Thinly chop a spring onion, sprinkle that on top of the tomato, take a few leaves of cold COS lettuce and finish off with that.
Slam the other piece of bread on top, slice across the angle and ENJOY!
PLAY: Neil Mitchell and Hoyts Spices pitch in to help