- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- A letter from the chaos
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Green Moon wins the 2012 Melbourne Cup
The owner of yesterday's Melbourne Cup winner, Lloyd Williams, has told 3AW Breakfast he watched Green Moon's winning race from his property in Macdeon with the television sound turned down.
"I find it easier to watch it without the sound. I think Greg Miles is a great caller, but I prefer to develop my own opinions," he told Ross and John.
Williams claimed his fourth Melbourne Cup yesterday, and said Green Moon returned in 'good order' despite the Melbourne Cup usually taking horses up to 12 months to recover.
"It's a tough race, it takes it out of them," he said.
Williams said he had no ambitions of taking his race-winning fortunes abroad.
"I love Australia, I love Melbourne," he said. "I've always grown up in Melbourne and loved the Melbourne Cup so I'm happy with that."
Williams said that while he was a 'retired punter', he said Green Moon was a 'good each-way chance' going into yesterday's race.
Looking ahead, Williams said his horse 'Fawkner' was a good chance for Saturday's Emirates Stakes.
The Robert Hickmott trained and Lloyd Williams owned six-year-old finished in front of the Gai Waterhouse's Fiorente and English stayer Jakkalberry.
Saturday's Lexus Stakes winner Kellini finished fourth.
Race 7: 2012 Melbourne Cup (Group 1, 3200m)
First: 14 GREEN MOON $22.50, $7.40 (Vic TAB)
Jockey: Brett Prebble. Trainer: Robert Hickmott.
Second: 11 FIORENTE $11.80
Jockey: James McDonald. Trainer: Gai Waterhouse.
Third: 3 JAKKALBERRY $16.00
Jockey: Colm O'Donoghue. Trainer: Marco Botti.
Green Moon wins the 2012 #MelbourneCup— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) November 6, 2012
EARLIER: Today's Melbourne Cup will feature one of the strongest fields ever assembled in the race's 152-year history. The 24-horse field boasts 14 group one winners and 6 Melbourne Cup winning jockeys.
The winners of the past two Cups, Americain and Dunaden are among the favourites, while Red Cadeaux will be out to avenge last year's centimetre loss to Dunaden and Mount Athos has people looking.
But it won't be easy with the French stayer holding a 3-nil record against Red Cadeaux which will also have to overcome the history of barrier 18, from which no horse has ever won a Melbourne Cup.
Maluckyday is considered the best local chance, while Glen Boss will be aboard Lexus Stakes winner Kellini with BOSS seeking his fourth Melbourne Cup to equal the record for the most wins by a jockey.
Bookie Alan Eskander says Dunaden has emerged as top-favorite over the past 24 hours.
Australians are expected to wager as much as half-a-billion dollars today on the Cup.
IMAGE: Last year's photo finish, one of the closest of all time
JOHN BURNS PICKS:
1. Red Cadeaux
ROSS STEVENSON PICKS:
2. Red Cadeaux
Roughie: Galileo's Choice
JUSTIN SMITH PICKS:
3. Red Cadeaux
SEB COSTELLO PICKS:
1. Red Cadeaux
3. My Quest for Peace
We saw the old grey camilla flashing down the outsidebarry Tuesday 6 November, 2012 - 7:00 PM
What happen to the horse Itchy Bum the poor horse must have been scratched?Jillian Tuesday 6 November, 2012 - 11:55 AM
Just as well they don't have the best and fairest medal in horse racing!Jillian Tuesday 6 November, 2012 - 10:35 AM
Lets spare a thought for the thousands of horses who never even make it to the race track ending up as petfood....
Its a sad world where animals are exploited for financial gain.....David Tuesday 6 November, 2012 - 10:27 AM
Leave Damian Oliver alone. "On-going investigation" - got it. Bullying interview by Justin Smith (who is he anyway?) Desperately clawing an angle on today's favorite jockey. Give him his day, you press brats.suzy Tuesday 6 November, 2012 - 8:56 AM