- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Truck sinks into Prahran road
- 'He's been a huge success'
- Where has it gone wrong for Qantas?
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- I found the experience so deeply unsettling
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
Greg Davies' moustache targeted?
Police have been put on notice that it's time to clean up their act.
New grooming regulations are being enforced and facial hair, alternative haircuts, tattoos and body piercings will be targeted.
The Acting Chief Commisioner Ken Lay says young police are behind the push.
Meanwhile, police are taking their fight for better pay to the footy field.
A special ad will run on the scoreboard at games this weekend focusing on the job police do at games, keeping the peace and how they've been shortchanged by the government.
Greg Davies from the Police Association says he has no qualms putting the Premier's email address up on the screen so footy fans can contact him directly.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
I feel more confident if a policman has a moustache.tom broster Saturday 18 February, 2012 - 6:14 PM
In my opinion, a uniform is meant to be the same for all. That's why it's called a uniform.
If people want to wear turbans, scarves or anything else then they are out of uniform. I don't care if they claim it's their religious garb.
If we allow exemptions then it's no longer a uniform so all should just come in free dress.
If you allow a veil or a turban they you must allow a kilt. Maybe a burqa can make an appearace too.
We are supposed to respect that uniform but if it keeps changing from one member to the next, which one do we respect?
Must admit, the moustache on this man looks like it belongs in the 19th century but each to their own.
As long as facial hair is neat and doesn't prevent from doing his job then we should allow it.Peggy Friday 19 August, 2011 - 12:27 PM
Mr Lay, how can you discriminate against your own police force.
If someone for religous/cultural reasons wants to wear a beard or have facial tattoos, they would be allowed.
Religious belief is a choice, I choose not to be strongly religious. I also CHOOSE to have a beard.
It hasn't effected my ability to perform my job at all.
Disgruntled member.Brett Friday 19 August, 2011 - 11:30 AM
If there is an issue with a members personal grooming and appearance, deal with that individual. Neatly trimmed beards and moustaches in no way effect a police officers ability to do the job. Tattoos are now common with the younger generation.
If we want a representative police force from within the community then you cannont target these issues. Neat dress and appearance and a professional attitude is more important.Brett Friday 19 August, 2011 - 11:26 AM
People with facial hair are always hiding something. It's been proven. No more short and hairy coppers :pMylene Friday 19 August, 2011 - 9:22 AM
Davies looked like a Rodent crawled up his nose.IAN BARKER Thursday 18 August, 2011 - 4:18 PM