- Bargain Bun Ta with Ela Carte
- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Greg Davies' moustache targeted?
Police have been put on notice that it's time to clean up their act.
New grooming regulations are being enforced and facial hair, alternative haircuts, tattoos and body piercings will be targeted.
The Acting Chief Commisioner Ken Lay says young police are behind the push.
Meanwhile, police are taking their fight for better pay to the footy field.
A special ad will run on the scoreboard at games this weekend focusing on the job police do at games, keeping the peace and how they've been shortchanged by the government.
Greg Davies from the Police Association says he has no qualms putting the Premier's email address up on the screen so footy fans can contact him directly.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
I feel more confident if a policman has a moustache.tom broster Saturday 18 February, 2012 - 6:14 PM
In my opinion, a uniform is meant to be the same for all. That's why it's called a uniform.
If people want to wear turbans, scarves or anything else then they are out of uniform. I don't care if they claim it's their religious garb.
If we allow exemptions then it's no longer a uniform so all should just come in free dress.
If you allow a veil or a turban they you must allow a kilt. Maybe a burqa can make an appearace too.
We are supposed to respect that uniform but if it keeps changing from one member to the next, which one do we respect?
Must admit, the moustache on this man looks like it belongs in the 19th century but each to their own.
As long as facial hair is neat and doesn't prevent from doing his job then we should allow it.Peggy Friday 19 August, 2011 - 12:27 PM
Mr Lay, how can you discriminate against your own police force.
If someone for religous/cultural reasons wants to wear a beard or have facial tattoos, they would be allowed.
Religious belief is a choice, I choose not to be strongly religious. I also CHOOSE to have a beard.
It hasn't effected my ability to perform my job at all.
Disgruntled member.Brett Friday 19 August, 2011 - 11:30 AM
If there is an issue with a members personal grooming and appearance, deal with that individual. Neatly trimmed beards and moustaches in no way effect a police officers ability to do the job. Tattoos are now common with the younger generation.
If we want a representative police force from within the community then you cannont target these issues. Neat dress and appearance and a professional attitude is more important.Brett Friday 19 August, 2011 - 11:26 AM
People with facial hair are always hiding something. It's been proven. No more short and hairy coppers :pMylene Friday 19 August, 2011 - 9:22 AM
Davies looked like a Rodent crawled up his nose.IAN BARKER Thursday 18 August, 2011 - 4:18 PM