- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- Out-of-control driver smashes into Hawthorn home fence
- Labor leads election polls
- Body found after Mt Helen house fire
- You could be at home right now
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
- Ed Niemiec on Police put on high alert Well done Vic Pol!! more
- Jackie on Police put on high alert I hope both officers, recover well. Feeling very much for them, their families, friends and colleagues. more
- John Thompson on Police put on high alert our brave defenders of law and order once again probabley having to pay a price for just doing their job and what a job they ... more
Greg Davies' moustache targeted?
Police have been put on notice that it's time to clean up their act.
New grooming regulations are being enforced and facial hair, alternative haircuts, tattoos and body piercings will be targeted.
The Acting Chief Commisioner Ken Lay says young police are behind the push.
Meanwhile, police are taking their fight for better pay to the footy field.
A special ad will run on the scoreboard at games this weekend focusing on the job police do at games, keeping the peace and how they've been shortchanged by the government.
Greg Davies from the Police Association says he has no qualms putting the Premier's email address up on the screen so footy fans can contact him directly.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
I feel more confident if a policman has a moustache.tom broster Saturday 18 February, 2012 - 6:14 PM
In my opinion, a uniform is meant to be the same for all. That's why it's called a uniform.
If people want to wear turbans, scarves or anything else then they are out of uniform. I don't care if they claim it's their religious garb.
If we allow exemptions then it's no longer a uniform so all should just come in free dress.
If you allow a veil or a turban they you must allow a kilt. Maybe a burqa can make an appearace too.
We are supposed to respect that uniform but if it keeps changing from one member to the next, which one do we respect?
Must admit, the moustache on this man looks like it belongs in the 19th century but each to their own.
As long as facial hair is neat and doesn't prevent from doing his job then we should allow it.Peggy Friday 19 August, 2011 - 12:27 PM
Mr Lay, how can you discriminate against your own police force.
If someone for religous/cultural reasons wants to wear a beard or have facial tattoos, they would be allowed.
Religious belief is a choice, I choose not to be strongly religious. I also CHOOSE to have a beard.
It hasn't effected my ability to perform my job at all.
Disgruntled member.Brett Friday 19 August, 2011 - 11:30 AM
If there is an issue with a members personal grooming and appearance, deal with that individual. Neatly trimmed beards and moustaches in no way effect a police officers ability to do the job. Tattoos are now common with the younger generation.
If we want a representative police force from within the community then you cannont target these issues. Neat dress and appearance and a professional attitude is more important.Brett Friday 19 August, 2011 - 11:26 AM
People with facial hair are always hiding something. It's been proven. No more short and hairy coppers :pMylene Friday 19 August, 2011 - 9:22 AM
Davies looked like a Rodent crawled up his nose.IAN BARKER Thursday 18 August, 2011 - 4:18 PM