- 'Better late than never': Archbishop
- Pair found guilty over Brunswick panel beaters defensive homicide
- Bag snatcher targets blind woman in Keysborough
- Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving with suspended licence
- Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' baby remark
- Vale Hackforth-Jones, mainstay of film and TV
- SMS sparked David Warner's Twitter tirade
- Police search for missing paraglider
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jenny on Bag snatcher targets blind woman in ... Welcome to the new Australia! We are on our way down under the lowest of the lowest. We are so full of ourselves and the ... more
- Trent on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... get over it ! they never called the baby ugly ! the nrl footy show is much better tv then our afl footy show !@ if this is ... more
- IAN on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... If I was the NRL Show I would tell the parents to have a good look at themselves and take a COLD shower. more
- JamesD on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... The Footy Show in Melbourne and Sydney is a disgrace. Newman for years has behaved so poorly with his humiliation of people ... more
- jgl Melb on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... Despite any and all efforts to the contrary, an idiot,especially those of the arrogant genre,will never be educated. more
- Peggy on Bag snatcher targets blind woman in ... What a pity that the person witnessing this did not take note of the rego.What sort of a low life would do this? Cowards ... more
- Paddy on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... I can just hear the Judge seeking guidance from the Chief Judge how "ugly" might be determined and after much back and forth ... more
- Willow on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Hang on here, believe it was a friend who sent this to the NRL Footy Sshow. Perhaps the family should be pointing their ire ... more
- Mal on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... That what happens when you put photo's on facebook, it a public forum and anybody who puts anything on it deserves the ... more
- Aria Judilla on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Poor kid has no hope in life anyway - his parents watch the footy show. more
- Robert Rich on Cleveland's Charles Ramsey Songified God Bless You Man more
- linda on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... This is poo TV at its best more
- steve on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... We need a train to go to the airport but city link gets looked after very well wake up victoria more
- Frank on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... TRUCKS GOING THROUGH TRAIN CROSSINGS WHILE THE BOOM GATES ARE DOWN TRUCKS ARE ALLWAYS IN RUSH.. PETROL TANKERS ROLLING OVER ... more
- wayne on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... To David 17 may - people have got the a right to make a comment dont call peoples comment stupid..I belive a normal Train ... more
- Mark on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... I wish all us truck drivers get some balls and just stop driving for a week and then you would see all these pathetic ... more
- Rory macneill on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... It's bit like a man debating with a bearded woman. more
- Malcolm Deetlefs on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... As an undersized youth and pushed around, my father took me to a boxing in South Africa. After ten years in the sport I grew ... more
- DavidR on Heartless Clayton thief steals from ... How does a thief know who he is stealing from??? more
- bc on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... dennis got his pay rise should get mighty mick gatto in the ring with napthine with the support of all victorians and sit ... more
Greg Davies' moustache targeted?
Police have been put on notice that it's time to clean up their act.
New grooming regulations are being enforced and facial hair, alternative haircuts, tattoos and body piercings will be targeted.
The Acting Chief Commisioner Ken Lay says young police are behind the push.
Meanwhile, police are taking their fight for better pay to the footy field.
A special ad will run on the scoreboard at games this weekend focusing on the job police do at games, keeping the peace and how they've been shortchanged by the government.
Greg Davies from the Police Association says he has no qualms putting the Premier's email address up on the screen so footy fans can contact him directly.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
I feel more confident if a policman has a moustache.tom broster Saturday 18 February, 2012 - 6:14 PM
In my opinion, a uniform is meant to be the same for all. That's why it's called a uniform.
If people want to wear turbans, scarves or anything else then they are out of uniform. I don't care if they claim it's their religious garb.
If we allow exemptions then it's no longer a uniform so all should just come in free dress.
If you allow a veil or a turban they you must allow a kilt. Maybe a burqa can make an appearace too.
We are supposed to respect that uniform but if it keeps changing from one member to the next, which one do we respect?
Must admit, the moustache on this man looks like it belongs in the 19th century but each to their own.
As long as facial hair is neat and doesn't prevent from doing his job then we should allow it.Peggy Friday 19 August, 2011 - 12:27 PM
Mr Lay, how can you discriminate against your own police force.
If someone for religous/cultural reasons wants to wear a beard or have facial tattoos, they would be allowed.
Religious belief is a choice, I choose not to be strongly religious. I also CHOOSE to have a beard.
It hasn't effected my ability to perform my job at all.
Disgruntled member.Brett Friday 19 August, 2011 - 11:30 AM
If there is an issue with a members personal grooming and appearance, deal with that individual. Neatly trimmed beards and moustaches in no way effect a police officers ability to do the job. Tattoos are now common with the younger generation.
If we want a representative police force from within the community then you cannont target these issues. Neat dress and appearance and a professional attitude is more important.Brett Friday 19 August, 2011 - 11:26 AM
People with facial hair are always hiding something. It's been proven. No more short and hairy coppers :pMylene Friday 19 August, 2011 - 9:22 AM
Davies looked like a Rodent crawled up his nose.IAN BARKER Thursday 18 August, 2011 - 4:18 PM