- Marathon hero, hamburger lover
- Peter Slipper found guilty
- Demons sign Paul Roos for another year
- Seal swims to South Yarra
- Police investigate football leg break
- Umpire reverses match-winning goal for 'faked' injury
- Woman badly burned in shocking Ardeer assault
- Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
Greg Davies' moustache targeted?
Police have been put on notice that it's time to clean up their act.
New grooming regulations are being enforced and facial hair, alternative haircuts, tattoos and body piercings will be targeted.
The Acting Chief Commisioner Ken Lay says young police are behind the push.
Meanwhile, police are taking their fight for better pay to the footy field.
A special ad will run on the scoreboard at games this weekend focusing on the job police do at games, keeping the peace and how they've been shortchanged by the government.
Greg Davies from the Police Association says he has no qualms putting the Premier's email address up on the screen so footy fans can contact him directly.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
I feel more confident if a policman has a moustache.tom broster Saturday 18 February, 2012 - 6:14 PM
In my opinion, a uniform is meant to be the same for all. That's why it's called a uniform.
If people want to wear turbans, scarves or anything else then they are out of uniform. I don't care if they claim it's their religious garb.
If we allow exemptions then it's no longer a uniform so all should just come in free dress.
If you allow a veil or a turban they you must allow a kilt. Maybe a burqa can make an appearace too.
We are supposed to respect that uniform but if it keeps changing from one member to the next, which one do we respect?
Must admit, the moustache on this man looks like it belongs in the 19th century but each to their own.
As long as facial hair is neat and doesn't prevent from doing his job then we should allow it.Peggy Friday 19 August, 2011 - 12:27 PM
Mr Lay, how can you discriminate against your own police force.
If someone for religous/cultural reasons wants to wear a beard or have facial tattoos, they would be allowed.
Religious belief is a choice, I choose not to be strongly religious. I also CHOOSE to have a beard.
It hasn't effected my ability to perform my job at all.
Disgruntled member.Brett Friday 19 August, 2011 - 11:30 AM
If there is an issue with a members personal grooming and appearance, deal with that individual. Neatly trimmed beards and moustaches in no way effect a police officers ability to do the job. Tattoos are now common with the younger generation.
If we want a representative police force from within the community then you cannont target these issues. Neat dress and appearance and a professional attitude is more important.Brett Friday 19 August, 2011 - 11:26 AM
People with facial hair are always hiding something. It's been proven. No more short and hairy coppers :pMylene Friday 19 August, 2011 - 9:22 AM
Davies looked like a Rodent crawled up his nose.IAN BARKER Thursday 18 August, 2011 - 4:18 PM