- Bargain Bun Ta with Ela Carte
- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Hells Angels accused of debt collecting for packaging group
Police say they're aware of claims that bikie gangs and underworld figures are acting as debt collectors.
It is being reported that bikies moved into the industry after the state government last year scrapped the need for debt collectors to be licensed.
The head of bikie gang Taskforce Echo, Superintendent Gerry Ryan, says police would act swiftly - if any evidence emerged.
"That is one of the areas that we identified that was a problem in the past, we don’t see it as a problem currently, but if anyone has got any information we are only too pleased to hear from them" he told 3AW News.
The Herald Sun has reported that Hells Angels Bikies are acting as debt collectors for multibillion dollar packaging group VISY, but the company told the paper that those allegations are false.
HINCH: "I must admit I read the story about Visy and connections to the Hell’s Angels and I thought: No sh*t, Sherlock...Back in 2009 Richard Pratt was linked to a convicted drug trafficker and the founder of a chapter of the Hell’s Angels bikie gang."
Gee how stupid do you think we are police work together with the scum angels cause you can't trust either one of them their both into dirty work and corruption how dumb are the hells angels they recruit lebanese which are dumb and stupid too angels must be desperate lebos love showing off and ratt on eachother when the going gets tough so goes to show how unprofessional the cops and so called angels are there should be no such thing as bikies in our day and age if you can't sell drugs why are bikies legalJohn Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:20 PM
The average punter would read this story and think,no.no not Visy they donate freely to worthy causes,etc.However, why else would one spread around vast amounts of philantrophic dollars if not to "Launder" one's namejgl Melb Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:36 AM
Lots of companies get sick of dealing with deadbeats and sell off their debts to people who use 'less than subtle' methods to retrieve the money. If you think you owe a couple of dollars to the plumber or the local hardware store you're probably very, very wrong.Mylene Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:20 AM
Send them to Canberra, maybe they can stop all the waste, squandering ,from all our politicians.janet p Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Collecting debt is only one thing that Visy used the Hells Angels for. They used them to intimidate workers that threatened striking as well as collecting large amounts of outstanding cash, not only from the Footscray markets but some large customers.fred celco Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:00 AM
If this story has even a slight ring of truth to it, what a sick state of affairs Victoria has become, literally. Look at how the authorities are fighting drug cartels in South America. And let's face it, these so-called "clubs" are just that, drug cartels. Nothing more, nothing less.
We must use ANY and ALL appropriate force available to us to respond to this epidemic of Filth and Scum to crush them once and for all.Jason Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:41 AM