- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- Out-of-control driver smashes into Hawthorn home fence
- Labor leads election polls
- Body found after Mt Helen house fire
- You could be at home right now
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
- Ed Niemiec on Police put on high alert Well done Vic Pol!! more
- Jackie on Police put on high alert I hope both officers, recover well. Feeling very much for them, their families, friends and colleagues. more
- John Thompson on Police put on high alert our brave defenders of law and order once again probabley having to pay a price for just doing their job and what a job they ... more
Hells Angels accused of debt collecting for packaging group
Police say they're aware of claims that bikie gangs and underworld figures are acting as debt collectors.
It is being reported that bikies moved into the industry after the state government last year scrapped the need for debt collectors to be licensed.
The head of bikie gang Taskforce Echo, Superintendent Gerry Ryan, says police would act swiftly - if any evidence emerged.
"That is one of the areas that we identified that was a problem in the past, we don’t see it as a problem currently, but if anyone has got any information we are only too pleased to hear from them" he told 3AW News.
The Herald Sun has reported that Hells Angels Bikies are acting as debt collectors for multibillion dollar packaging group VISY, but the company told the paper that those allegations are false.
HINCH: "I must admit I read the story about Visy and connections to the Hell’s Angels and I thought: No sh*t, Sherlock...Back in 2009 Richard Pratt was linked to a convicted drug trafficker and the founder of a chapter of the Hell’s Angels bikie gang."
Gee how stupid do you think we are police work together with the scum angels cause you can't trust either one of them their both into dirty work and corruption how dumb are the hells angels they recruit lebanese which are dumb and stupid too angels must be desperate lebos love showing off and ratt on eachother when the going gets tough so goes to show how unprofessional the cops and so called angels are there should be no such thing as bikies in our day and age if you can't sell drugs why are bikies legalJohn Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:20 PM
The average punter would read this story and think,no.no not Visy they donate freely to worthy causes,etc.However, why else would one spread around vast amounts of philantrophic dollars if not to "Launder" one's namejgl Melb Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:36 AM
Lots of companies get sick of dealing with deadbeats and sell off their debts to people who use 'less than subtle' methods to retrieve the money. If you think you owe a couple of dollars to the plumber or the local hardware store you're probably very, very wrong.Mylene Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:20 AM
Send them to Canberra, maybe they can stop all the waste, squandering ,from all our politicians.janet p Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Collecting debt is only one thing that Visy used the Hells Angels for. They used them to intimidate workers that threatened striking as well as collecting large amounts of outstanding cash, not only from the Footscray markets but some large customers.fred celco Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:00 AM
If this story has even a slight ring of truth to it, what a sick state of affairs Victoria has become, literally. Look at how the authorities are fighting drug cartels in South America. And let's face it, these so-called "clubs" are just that, drug cartels. Nothing more, nothing less.
We must use ANY and ALL appropriate force available to us to respond to this epidemic of Filth and Scum to crush them once and for all.Jason Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:41 AM