- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- Australian troops land in Middle East for 'mission - not war'
- Girl, 11, flees windowless van
- Woman killed in Cranbourne horse fall
- Burnt body discovered along train tracks
- Man critical after one-car Hampton smash
- Geelong ruckman Dawson Simpson caught drink-driving
- Man found dead in Noble Park
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
- Sue Hughes on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Such inconsiderate behaviour from so-called adults. I suspect these people have just moved in and couldn't care less about ... more
- Kathy on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... What happened to consideration and common sense mr and mrsÂ cubbins? I hope your made to pay to clean up your ... more
- Rick on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Simple solution as the neighbor who had their roller door blocked.Nissan Patrol + 4000kg snap strap.Rip it right off the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... This is crazy no one should own a lane way. Maybe in 1887 there was no lane way and it was a dirt horse trail. For once I am ... more
- Johnno on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Solicitor's and barrister's rubbing their hands over another prolonged adverse possession case. more
- Rob Jackson on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... How ridiculous...people are so stupid. Why would you put a roller door in that spot unless you were just trying to ... more
- Peter on Does Collingwood still want Lumumba? The best thing Collingwood could do would be to get rid of this clown! Too precious and full of his own importance! more
- jgl Melb on Does Collingwood still want Lumumba? When,not if,he walks out he'll do so in an upright manner.The chip on each shoulder will take care of that. more
Hells Angels accused of debt collecting for packaging group
Police say they're aware of claims that bikie gangs and underworld figures are acting as debt collectors.
It is being reported that bikies moved into the industry after the state government last year scrapped the need for debt collectors to be licensed.
The head of bikie gang Taskforce Echo, Superintendent Gerry Ryan, says police would act swiftly - if any evidence emerged.
"That is one of the areas that we identified that was a problem in the past, we don’t see it as a problem currently, but if anyone has got any information we are only too pleased to hear from them" he told 3AW News.
The Herald Sun has reported that Hells Angels Bikies are acting as debt collectors for multibillion dollar packaging group VISY, but the company told the paper that those allegations are false.
HINCH: "I must admit I read the story about Visy and connections to the Hell’s Angels and I thought: No sh*t, Sherlock...Back in 2009 Richard Pratt was linked to a convicted drug trafficker and the founder of a chapter of the Hell’s Angels bikie gang."
Gee how stupid do you think we are police work together with the scum angels cause you can't trust either one of them their both into dirty work and corruption how dumb are the hells angels they recruit lebanese which are dumb and stupid too angels must be desperate lebos love showing off and ratt on eachother when the going gets tough so goes to show how unprofessional the cops and so called angels are there should be no such thing as bikies in our day and age if you can't sell drugs why are bikies legalJohn Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:20 PM
The average punter would read this story and think,no.no not Visy they donate freely to worthy causes,etc.However, why else would one spread around vast amounts of philantrophic dollars if not to "Launder" one's namejgl Melb Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:36 AM
Lots of companies get sick of dealing with deadbeats and sell off their debts to people who use 'less than subtle' methods to retrieve the money. If you think you owe a couple of dollars to the plumber or the local hardware store you're probably very, very wrong.Mylene Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:20 AM
Send them to Canberra, maybe they can stop all the waste, squandering ,from all our politicians.janet p Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Collecting debt is only one thing that Visy used the Hells Angels for. They used them to intimidate workers that threatened striking as well as collecting large amounts of outstanding cash, not only from the Footscray markets but some large customers.fred celco Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:00 AM
If this story has even a slight ring of truth to it, what a sick state of affairs Victoria has become, literally. Look at how the authorities are fighting drug cartels in South America. And let's face it, these so-called "clubs" are just that, drug cartels. Nothing more, nothing less.
We must use ANY and ALL appropriate force available to us to respond to this epidemic of Filth and Scum to crush them once and for all.Jason Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:41 AM