- VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick Samantha
- 'He was a precocious talent'
- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Geoff on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... With society up to its boots in politics and living in its own little world, this is what is really important. While we ... more
- Jennifer Williams on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I think that puppy knows she is there for a very special reason. Four tissues later and I'm still going. Such a sad story, ... more
- LisaJ on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Well done Neil and 3AW. Such a nice story after yesterdays news. more
- Helen on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I'm sure Pixie will bring a lot of joy to Samantha, Ashley and the family at this difficult time for them all.Kind thoughts ... more
- andy on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... hope young pixie gives samantha a distaction from the other things going onthe 3 aw community has restored my faith in ... more
- carol on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Driving while crying! kept looking across to see if I was not the only one, then a guy rang in and said he was doing exactly ... more
- paul on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Hi Neil I've just watched the video of pixie being delivered. I have tears rolling you are a legend!!! Christmas WISHES to ... more
- Heather on Phillip Hughes dead at 25 May the clouds wrap him in a blanket of love and the moon kiss him goodnight! Rest in peace young man! Much love to his ... more
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
Hells Angels accused of debt collecting for packaging group
Police say they're aware of claims that bikie gangs and underworld figures are acting as debt collectors.
It is being reported that bikies moved into the industry after the state government last year scrapped the need for debt collectors to be licensed.
The head of bikie gang Taskforce Echo, Superintendent Gerry Ryan, says police would act swiftly - if any evidence emerged.
"That is one of the areas that we identified that was a problem in the past, we don’t see it as a problem currently, but if anyone has got any information we are only too pleased to hear from them" he told 3AW News.
The Herald Sun has reported that Hells Angels Bikies are acting as debt collectors for multibillion dollar packaging group VISY, but the company told the paper that those allegations are false.
HINCH: "I must admit I read the story about Visy and connections to the Hell’s Angels and I thought: No sh*t, Sherlock...Back in 2009 Richard Pratt was linked to a convicted drug trafficker and the founder of a chapter of the Hell’s Angels bikie gang."
Gee how stupid do you think we are police work together with the scum angels cause you can't trust either one of them their both into dirty work and corruption how dumb are the hells angels they recruit lebanese which are dumb and stupid too angels must be desperate lebos love showing off and ratt on eachother when the going gets tough so goes to show how unprofessional the cops and so called angels are there should be no such thing as bikies in our day and age if you can't sell drugs why are bikies legalJohn Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:20 PM
The average punter would read this story and think,no.no not Visy they donate freely to worthy causes,etc.However, why else would one spread around vast amounts of philantrophic dollars if not to "Launder" one's namejgl Melb Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:36 AM
Lots of companies get sick of dealing with deadbeats and sell off their debts to people who use 'less than subtle' methods to retrieve the money. If you think you owe a couple of dollars to the plumber or the local hardware store you're probably very, very wrong.Mylene Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:20 AM
Send them to Canberra, maybe they can stop all the waste, squandering ,from all our politicians.janet p Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Collecting debt is only one thing that Visy used the Hells Angels for. They used them to intimidate workers that threatened striking as well as collecting large amounts of outstanding cash, not only from the Footscray markets but some large customers.fred celco Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:00 AM
If this story has even a slight ring of truth to it, what a sick state of affairs Victoria has become, literally. Look at how the authorities are fighting drug cartels in South America. And let's face it, these so-called "clubs" are just that, drug cartels. Nothing more, nothing less.
We must use ANY and ALL appropriate force available to us to respond to this epidemic of Filth and Scum to crush them once and for all.Jason Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:41 AM