- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- Laverton home goes up in flames
- William and Kate avoid Melbourne on royal tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
Hells Angels accused of debt collecting for packaging group
Police say they're aware of claims that bikie gangs and underworld figures are acting as debt collectors.
It is being reported that bikies moved into the industry after the state government last year scrapped the need for debt collectors to be licensed.
The head of bikie gang Taskforce Echo, Superintendent Gerry Ryan, says police would act swiftly - if any evidence emerged.
"That is one of the areas that we identified that was a problem in the past, we don’t see it as a problem currently, but if anyone has got any information we are only too pleased to hear from them" he told 3AW News.
The Herald Sun has reported that Hells Angels Bikies are acting as debt collectors for multibillion dollar packaging group VISY, but the company told the paper that those allegations are false.
HINCH: "I must admit I read the story about Visy and connections to the Hell’s Angels and I thought: No sh*t, Sherlock...Back in 2009 Richard Pratt was linked to a convicted drug trafficker and the founder of a chapter of the Hell’s Angels bikie gang."
Gee how stupid do you think we are police work together with the scum angels cause you can't trust either one of them their both into dirty work and corruption how dumb are the hells angels they recruit lebanese which are dumb and stupid too angels must be desperate lebos love showing off and ratt on eachother when the going gets tough so goes to show how unprofessional the cops and so called angels are there should be no such thing as bikies in our day and age if you can't sell drugs why are bikies legalJohn Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:20 PM
The average punter would read this story and think,no.no not Visy they donate freely to worthy causes,etc.However, why else would one spread around vast amounts of philantrophic dollars if not to "Launder" one's namejgl Melb Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:36 AM
Lots of companies get sick of dealing with deadbeats and sell off their debts to people who use 'less than subtle' methods to retrieve the money. If you think you owe a couple of dollars to the plumber or the local hardware store you're probably very, very wrong.Mylene Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:20 AM
Send them to Canberra, maybe they can stop all the waste, squandering ,from all our politicians.janet p Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Collecting debt is only one thing that Visy used the Hells Angels for. They used them to intimidate workers that threatened striking as well as collecting large amounts of outstanding cash, not only from the Footscray markets but some large customers.fred celco Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:00 AM
If this story has even a slight ring of truth to it, what a sick state of affairs Victoria has become, literally. Look at how the authorities are fighting drug cartels in South America. And let's face it, these so-called "clubs" are just that, drug cartels. Nothing more, nothing less.
We must use ANY and ALL appropriate force available to us to respond to this epidemic of Filth and Scum to crush them once and for all.Jason Monday 14 May, 2012 - 9:41 AM