- Thousands remember on Anzac Day
- Dismay as weather presenter Jane Bunn retires
- Computer systems to cost Australians billions
- Buddy smashes girlfriend's car
- Anger over domestic violence billboard
- Family hold silent vigil for murdered mum
- ALP changes: Shorten distances Labor from unions
- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kenof Euroa on Dismay as weather presenter Jane Bunn ... Noooooooooooooooooo!!!! more
- Josh on Computer systems to cost Australians ... If the repair bill is really $1.5 Billion to fix then its probably time to upgrade. Also curious if that cost also includes ... more
- John on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Texting? more
- Kaz on Computer systems to cost Australians ... Neil, on current performance the govt will not spend any money on needy people only take away as in pensioners. 12bn $ on ... more
- Canberra Observer on Computer systems to cost Australians ... Australians should be very worried at what the ALP has done to this country and where its internal operation is now under ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Just another day in the life of 3AW's "heroes". Another role model for our kids the station will be championing and ... more
- Mark on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Buddy's insurance premium next year is going to take a good hit out of his million dollar salary. more
- Janet P on Family hold silent vigil for murdered ... Remove the word Domestic.Violence is Violence. Our justice system is a JOKE more
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
Horror crash on Northern Highway
UPDATE: A horror crash in Melbourne's north has claimed a young man's life and left three other teenagers fighting for their lives.
It's understood their car collided with a truck on the Northern Highway at Broadford at around 2pm on Tuesday afternoon.
The male driver, in his early 20s, died at the scene and his three passengers suffered critical injuries.
Gabrielle Deaganhart from Ambulance Victoria says the teenagers, one aged 17 and the other two 18, have horrific injuries.
EARLIER: Southbound traffic on the Northern Highway is at a standstill after a fatal crash in Broadford which killed the driver and critically injured three others.
Police were called to the scene just after 2pm when a car and a truck collided.
It's believed one passenger is still trapped in the car, another is unconscious and the third has multiple fractures.
Northbound traffic is being diverted onto Broadford and Kilmore road.
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Neil Mitchell on Twitter
- Derryn Hinch on Twitter
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Tom Elliott on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Yvette Gray on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy on Twitter
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Denis O'Kane on Twitter
- Alexandra Factor on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Justin Smith on Twitter
- Nicole Denton on Twitter
- Shannon Reid on Twitter
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Seb Costello on Twitter
- Ben Wise on Twitter
MC, i agree,have taken a L2P course run by Vic roads, am now a mentor for teens who need to rake up 100hrs of driving practice. One of my points of view at time of course, we should make it mandatory for all teens to be personelly involved with car accident people. The response was they tried it but showed no results,, i asked how long did the program run for,,,, oh not long was the answer,, Vic rds thought it would not work,,, i said well they spend millions on adds and they dont bloody work,,, so bring in compulsory involment, to logical for the fools who waste our money on useless adds.janet p Monday 10 October, 2011 - 4:18 PM
@sahrita. How dare he? Pick up this mornings newspaper and take a look. Two people driven their cars into trees - one dead and one seriously injured. Six car pile up on the freeway this morning. And your solution to this carnage? Lets do nothing so we don't upset people. I and a lot of people do not want to be sharing the roads with these people. We need more people to say enough of this because too many idiots think they have a right to drive anyway they wish. If this upsets you, too bad.Brian Monday 10 October, 2011 - 10:29 AM
How dare you peter jeffries, who do you think you are. These victims all have families that love them and are hurting beyond belief. You dont know what caused this horrific accident and your comment is worth nothing.sahrita Sunday 9 October, 2011 - 11:43 PM
Well said Peter. 90 Australians die in a terrorism incident in Bali and look at the fallout. Since then over 10,000 people have died on our roads and whats changed? Where is the public outrage?James Friday 7 October, 2011 - 8:21 PM
Thank you Steve,well said i am the mother of 1 of these boys,it is a TRAGIC ACCIDENT.None of our lives will ever be the same,and NOTHING can change that FACTmother Friday 7 October, 2011 - 2:18 PM
M.C Holman - Well said!wendy Wednesday 5 October, 2011 - 2:35 PM