- 'Thrill killer' Hemming jailed
- Homegrown terror risks by numbers
- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
Horror crash on Northern Highway
UPDATE: A horror crash in Melbourne's north has claimed a young man's life and left three other teenagers fighting for their lives.
It's understood their car collided with a truck on the Northern Highway at Broadford at around 2pm on Tuesday afternoon.
The male driver, in his early 20s, died at the scene and his three passengers suffered critical injuries.
Gabrielle Deaganhart from Ambulance Victoria says the teenagers, one aged 17 and the other two 18, have horrific injuries.
EARLIER: Southbound traffic on the Northern Highway is at a standstill after a fatal crash in Broadford which killed the driver and critically injured three others.
Police were called to the scene just after 2pm when a car and a truck collided.
It's believed one passenger is still trapped in the car, another is unconscious and the third has multiple fractures.
Northbound traffic is being diverted onto Broadford and Kilmore road.
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Neil Mitchell on Twitter
- Derryn Hinch on Twitter
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Tom Elliott on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Yvette Gray on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy on Twitter
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Denis O'Kane on Twitter
- Alexandra Factor on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Justin Smith on Twitter
- Nicole Denton on Twitter
- Shannon Reid on Twitter
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Seb Costello on Twitter
- Ben Wise on Twitter
MC, i agree,have taken a L2P course run by Vic roads, am now a mentor for teens who need to rake up 100hrs of driving practice. One of my points of view at time of course, we should make it mandatory for all teens to be personelly involved with car accident people. The response was they tried it but showed no results,, i asked how long did the program run for,,,, oh not long was the answer,, Vic rds thought it would not work,,, i said well they spend millions on adds and they dont bloody work,,, so bring in compulsory involment, to logical for the fools who waste our money on useless adds.janet p Monday 10 October, 2011 - 4:18 PM
@sahrita. How dare he? Pick up this mornings newspaper and take a look. Two people driven their cars into trees - one dead and one seriously injured. Six car pile up on the freeway this morning. And your solution to this carnage? Lets do nothing so we don't upset people. I and a lot of people do not want to be sharing the roads with these people. We need more people to say enough of this because too many idiots think they have a right to drive anyway they wish. If this upsets you, too bad.Brian Monday 10 October, 2011 - 10:29 AM
How dare you peter jeffries, who do you think you are. These victims all have families that love them and are hurting beyond belief. You dont know what caused this horrific accident and your comment is worth nothing.sahrita Sunday 9 October, 2011 - 11:43 PM
Well said Peter. 90 Australians die in a terrorism incident in Bali and look at the fallout. Since then over 10,000 people have died on our roads and whats changed? Where is the public outrage?James Friday 7 October, 2011 - 8:21 PM
Thank you Steve,well said i am the mother of 1 of these boys,it is a TRAGIC ACCIDENT.None of our lives will ever be the same,and NOTHING can change that FACTmother Friday 7 October, 2011 - 2:18 PM
M.C Holman - Well said!wendy Wednesday 5 October, 2011 - 2:35 PM