- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Horror crash on Northern Highway
UPDATE: A horror crash in Melbourne's north has claimed a young man's life and left three other teenagers fighting for their lives.
It's understood their car collided with a truck on the Northern Highway at Broadford at around 2pm on Tuesday afternoon.
The male driver, in his early 20s, died at the scene and his three passengers suffered critical injuries.
Gabrielle Deaganhart from Ambulance Victoria says the teenagers, one aged 17 and the other two 18, have horrific injuries.
EARLIER: Southbound traffic on the Northern Highway is at a standstill after a fatal crash in Broadford which killed the driver and critically injured three others.
Police were called to the scene just after 2pm when a car and a truck collided.
It's believed one passenger is still trapped in the car, another is unconscious and the third has multiple fractures.
Northbound traffic is being diverted onto Broadford and Kilmore road.
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Neil Mitchell on Twitter
- Derryn Hinch on Twitter
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Tom Elliott on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Yvette Gray on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy on Twitter
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Denis O'Kane on Twitter
- Alexandra Factor on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Justin Smith on Twitter
- Nicole Denton on Twitter
- Shannon Reid on Twitter
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Seb Costello on Twitter
- Ben Wise on Twitter
MC, i agree,have taken a L2P course run by Vic roads, am now a mentor for teens who need to rake up 100hrs of driving practice. One of my points of view at time of course, we should make it mandatory for all teens to be personelly involved with car accident people. The response was they tried it but showed no results,, i asked how long did the program run for,,,, oh not long was the answer,, Vic rds thought it would not work,,, i said well they spend millions on adds and they dont bloody work,,, so bring in compulsory involment, to logical for the fools who waste our money on useless adds.janet p Monday 10 October, 2011 - 4:18 PM
@sahrita. How dare he? Pick up this mornings newspaper and take a look. Two people driven their cars into trees - one dead and one seriously injured. Six car pile up on the freeway this morning. And your solution to this carnage? Lets do nothing so we don't upset people. I and a lot of people do not want to be sharing the roads with these people. We need more people to say enough of this because too many idiots think they have a right to drive anyway they wish. If this upsets you, too bad.Brian Monday 10 October, 2011 - 10:29 AM
How dare you peter jeffries, who do you think you are. These victims all have families that love them and are hurting beyond belief. You dont know what caused this horrific accident and your comment is worth nothing.sahrita Sunday 9 October, 2011 - 11:43 PM
Well said Peter. 90 Australians die in a terrorism incident in Bali and look at the fallout. Since then over 10,000 people have died on our roads and whats changed? Where is the public outrage?James Friday 7 October, 2011 - 8:21 PM
Thank you Steve,well said i am the mother of 1 of these boys,it is a TRAGIC ACCIDENT.None of our lives will ever be the same,and NOTHING can change that FACTmother Friday 7 October, 2011 - 2:18 PM
M.C Holman - Well said!wendy Wednesday 5 October, 2011 - 2:35 PM