- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North
- Eddie McGuire should quit: Jeff Kennett
- Bomb threat: School given all-clear
- Burnley Tunnel closed: Lucky escape in Monash truck fire
- Softened stance on sexting teens
- 'G, that's rough: Tigers unhappy
- Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no standing zone
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
- iain on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' More political interference is not what is required here. We need allegations of doping heard and either cleared or ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' This is a waste of taxpayers money the courts have more urgent cases to deal with. more
- Sid on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Guilty as sin but not an iota of evidence or positive test to support these claims?Everyone has a problem saying the Bombers ... more
- Christine on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' For people who actively listen, and have no agenda, Paul Little has conducted himself impeccably throughout this drawn-out ... more
- Nigel on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' No Mr Little, the whole community hasn't got deal fatigue, it's sick and tired of Essendonâ?¢ trying to stall/block ... more
Horror crash on Northern Highway
UPDATE: A horror crash in Melbourne's north has claimed a young man's life and left three other teenagers fighting for their lives.
It's understood their car collided with a truck on the Northern Highway at Broadford at around 2pm on Tuesday afternoon.
The male driver, in his early 20s, died at the scene and his three passengers suffered critical injuries.
Gabrielle Deaganhart from Ambulance Victoria says the teenagers, one aged 17 and the other two 18, have horrific injuries.
EARLIER: Southbound traffic on the Northern Highway is at a standstill after a fatal crash in Broadford which killed the driver and critically injured three others.
Police were called to the scene just after 2pm when a car and a truck collided.
It's believed one passenger is still trapped in the car, another is unconscious and the third has multiple fractures.
Northbound traffic is being diverted onto Broadford and Kilmore road.
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Neil Mitchell on Twitter
- Derryn Hinch on Twitter
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Tom Elliott on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Yvette Gray on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy on Twitter
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Denis O'Kane on Twitter
- Alexandra Factor on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Justin Smith on Twitter
- Nicole Denton on Twitter
- Shannon Reid on Twitter
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Seb Costello on Twitter
- Ben Wise on Twitter
MC, i agree,have taken a L2P course run by Vic roads, am now a mentor for teens who need to rake up 100hrs of driving practice. One of my points of view at time of course, we should make it mandatory for all teens to be personelly involved with car accident people. The response was they tried it but showed no results,, i asked how long did the program run for,,,, oh not long was the answer,, Vic rds thought it would not work,,, i said well they spend millions on adds and they dont bloody work,,, so bring in compulsory involment, to logical for the fools who waste our money on useless adds.janet p Monday 10 October, 2011 - 4:18 PM
@sahrita. How dare he? Pick up this mornings newspaper and take a look. Two people driven their cars into trees - one dead and one seriously injured. Six car pile up on the freeway this morning. And your solution to this carnage? Lets do nothing so we don't upset people. I and a lot of people do not want to be sharing the roads with these people. We need more people to say enough of this because too many idiots think they have a right to drive anyway they wish. If this upsets you, too bad.Brian Monday 10 October, 2011 - 10:29 AM
How dare you peter jeffries, who do you think you are. These victims all have families that love them and are hurting beyond belief. You dont know what caused this horrific accident and your comment is worth nothing.sahrita Sunday 9 October, 2011 - 11:43 PM
Well said Peter. 90 Australians die in a terrorism incident in Bali and look at the fallout. Since then over 10,000 people have died on our roads and whats changed? Where is the public outrage?James Friday 7 October, 2011 - 8:21 PM
Thank you Steve,well said i am the mother of 1 of these boys,it is a TRAGIC ACCIDENT.None of our lives will ever be the same,and NOTHING can change that FACTmother Friday 7 October, 2011 - 2:18 PM
M.C Holman - Well said!wendy Wednesday 5 October, 2011 - 2:35 PM
Living in Wallan with sons aged 22 and 20, I'm sure that I can speak on behalf of all parents of kids in that age group, whenever we hear of accidents that involve kids, our heart rates quadruple until we know that our kids are safe. Unfortunately for the parents of those who have lost their lives on our roads, there will never be any form of comfort that will help to ease their pain. Those parents will never get over such a loss. I cannot even begin to imagine what life will be like for them, it is a major life changing situation, one that we can only hope to never have to experience. So how do we fix it? When kids get their "Learner's" they should be forced to go and see car accident victims in hospital, and sit through a course with video clips of family and friends explaining how their lives have been affected by the loss of family members through fatal car accidents, and I really believe that all drivers as soon as they get their "P" plates should go through, and pass, the "defensive driving course" Hoon drivers should have their cars impounded without any warning and if they do it again they should suffer the consequences when their cars get sold with all proceeds going to advertising, victims families or donated to the hospitals. So you see Peter, it's not that we don't like to comment, it's that we all have ideas on how to keep our young ones safe but there is only so much that we can do as individuals. As to my boys, everytime they go out, my words to them are "For the love of everyone that loves you, please be careful."M. C. Holman Wednesday 5 October, 2011 - 12:07 PM
Peter Jeffries,stick to your bike and stay on the bike path provided, and you won't get hurt!How do you know what caused this tragedy?spare a thought for the families involved>!Steve Wednesday 5 October, 2011 - 11:54 AM
Ahh, another day on our roads with the worlds worst drivers. 2 dead and five critical and I am the only one commenting. We just accept this as normal now. Funny how every motorist is a road safety expert yet the only thing they agree on is that slowing down and driving sanely is a stupid idea.Peter Jeffries Wednesday 5 October, 2011 - 7:58 AM