- Australian to face charges over Commonwealth Games village fight
- Drive-by shooting in Springvale South
- Carlton player Simon White charged by police
- Social media trails show ISIS link to Melbourne schools
- Ross and John in Glasgow: Heritage Day
- Robert Doyle: 'It's a mess, a gigantic error'
- Sex attacker assaults girl, 16
- Jim Schembri reviews: Hercules 3D, Mrs Browns Boys D'Movie and more
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on On the road with Patty the poet cabbie Pat Mullaney now thats a good scots name??? more
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
Horror crash on Northern Highway
UPDATE: A horror crash in Melbourne's north has claimed a young man's life and left three other teenagers fighting for their lives.
It's understood their car collided with a truck on the Northern Highway at Broadford at around 2pm on Tuesday afternoon.
The male driver, in his early 20s, died at the scene and his three passengers suffered critical injuries.
Gabrielle Deaganhart from Ambulance Victoria says the teenagers, one aged 17 and the other two 18, have horrific injuries.
EARLIER: Southbound traffic on the Northern Highway is at a standstill after a fatal crash in Broadford which killed the driver and critically injured three others.
Police were called to the scene just after 2pm when a car and a truck collided.
It's believed one passenger is still trapped in the car, another is unconscious and the third has multiple fractures.
Northbound traffic is being diverted onto Broadford and Kilmore road.
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Neil Mitchell on Twitter
- Derryn Hinch on Twitter
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Tom Elliott on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Yvette Gray on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy on Twitter
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Denis O'Kane on Twitter
- Alexandra Factor on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Justin Smith on Twitter
- Nicole Denton on Twitter
- Shannon Reid on Twitter
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Seb Costello on Twitter
- Ben Wise on Twitter
MC, i agree,have taken a L2P course run by Vic roads, am now a mentor for teens who need to rake up 100hrs of driving practice. One of my points of view at time of course, we should make it mandatory for all teens to be personelly involved with car accident people. The response was they tried it but showed no results,, i asked how long did the program run for,,,, oh not long was the answer,, Vic rds thought it would not work,,, i said well they spend millions on adds and they dont bloody work,,, so bring in compulsory involment, to logical for the fools who waste our money on useless adds.janet p Monday 10 October, 2011 - 4:18 PM
@sahrita. How dare he? Pick up this mornings newspaper and take a look. Two people driven their cars into trees - one dead and one seriously injured. Six car pile up on the freeway this morning. And your solution to this carnage? Lets do nothing so we don't upset people. I and a lot of people do not want to be sharing the roads with these people. We need more people to say enough of this because too many idiots think they have a right to drive anyway they wish. If this upsets you, too bad.Brian Monday 10 October, 2011 - 10:29 AM
How dare you peter jeffries, who do you think you are. These victims all have families that love them and are hurting beyond belief. You dont know what caused this horrific accident and your comment is worth nothing.sahrita Sunday 9 October, 2011 - 11:43 PM
Well said Peter. 90 Australians die in a terrorism incident in Bali and look at the fallout. Since then over 10,000 people have died on our roads and whats changed? Where is the public outrage?James Friday 7 October, 2011 - 8:21 PM
Thank you Steve,well said i am the mother of 1 of these boys,it is a TRAGIC ACCIDENT.None of our lives will ever be the same,and NOTHING can change that FACTmother Friday 7 October, 2011 - 2:18 PM
M.C Holman - Well said!wendy Wednesday 5 October, 2011 - 2:35 PM
Living in Wallan with sons aged 22 and 20, I'm sure that I can speak on behalf of all parents of kids in that age group, whenever we hear of accidents that involve kids, our heart rates quadruple until we know that our kids are safe. Unfortunately for the parents of those who have lost their lives on our roads, there will never be any form of comfort that will help to ease their pain. Those parents will never get over such a loss. I cannot even begin to imagine what life will be like for them, it is a major life changing situation, one that we can only hope to never have to experience. So how do we fix it? When kids get their "Learner's" they should be forced to go and see car accident victims in hospital, and sit through a course with video clips of family and friends explaining how their lives have been affected by the loss of family members through fatal car accidents, and I really believe that all drivers as soon as they get their "P" plates should go through, and pass, the "defensive driving course" Hoon drivers should have their cars impounded without any warning and if they do it again they should suffer the consequences when their cars get sold with all proceeds going to advertising, victims families or donated to the hospitals. So you see Peter, it's not that we don't like to comment, it's that we all have ideas on how to keep our young ones safe but there is only so much that we can do as individuals. As to my boys, everytime they go out, my words to them are "For the love of everyone that loves you, please be careful."M. C. Holman Wednesday 5 October, 2011 - 12:07 PM
Peter Jeffries,stick to your bike and stay on the bike path provided, and you won't get hurt!How do you know what caused this tragedy?spare a thought for the families involved>!Steve Wednesday 5 October, 2011 - 11:54 AM
Ahh, another day on our roads with the worlds worst drivers. 2 dead and five critical and I am the only one commenting. We just accept this as normal now. Funny how every motorist is a road safety expert yet the only thing they agree on is that slowing down and driving sanely is a stupid idea.Peter Jeffries Wednesday 5 October, 2011 - 7:58 AM