- Public transport price rise
- Sports star parents' scary ambo wait
- GWS joins gay marriage debate
- Smoking cops 'not a good look'
- Sly's Policeman of the year award
- Husband's 'brutal' bludgeoning to stop wife moving
- The most powerful selfie ever?
- Bung case not limited to one man: Lay
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Shields on ASADA set to charge Bombers: Sly Ahmed Saad has been individually penalised for his indiscretion so when are the Bomber players going to be charged ,Watson ... more
- Sinbad on Sly's Policeman of the year award Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......ahhhh 'fruitloop'....time to fortify the gates, set the alarms and take a double dose of ... more
- Emerald on GWS joins gay marriage debate I don't think anyone coming out in support of marriage equality is playing politics, only homophobes would see it that way. more
- 3am drunken cops on Sly's Policeman of the year award Provocation is no defence in Vic, but cheap drinks at the police club is the square up.Computers can only give you so much ... more
- Peggy on Preston road rage caught on camera But Neil, the ute is registered and it still happened. Isn't paying rego meant to stop this from happening?Bill from ... more
- PH on Smoking cops 'not a good look' I think you mean discreet (secretive) rather than discrete (separate).Let's hope they used an ashtray and didn't illegally ... more
- GIW on GWS joins gay marriage debate I wonder if ALL the players are in accord with this and will they display a rainbow logo on their jumpers? more
- David R on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Is smoking Illegal? No. Then what does it matter? more
- Steve on Sly's Policeman of the year award Must be a mate of slys>.. more
- Steve on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... All manufacturing in this country is on shaky ground because of union demands for high wages who's next to fold up?? more
- C. McDonald on Having issues streaming 3AW? I moved to Daylesford and cannot get 3AW although driving along the Calder to bendigo and then Echuca in my car I can get AW ... more
- Maureen on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... The unions don't get it. They are the reason that manufacturing is doomed in Australia. That, and years of a useless Labor ... more
- Jake on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Lay has presided over the new image of black-shirt gestapo police, so who cares about the smoking. more
- Pradman on Murder suspect in dispute over plaster ... He should have got a job with Mick Gatto; easier than plastering. more
- Give Up on Having issues streaming 3AW? I can't listen or watch 3AW any more - so sad. Will have to stick to the odd hour or two in the car. more
- Pradman on Video: Shark in Port Phillip Bay? There are plenty of bronze whalers seen in the bay every year from Rye to the heads. They clean up the dead seal carcasses. more
- Wayne on Preston road rage caught on camera This footage clearly shows the suction cup of a window mount for the phone so this recording is no more illegal than someone ... more
- nik on Preston road rage caught on camera I'm amazed the pic wasn't photoshopped and the use replaced with a bike! more
- bc on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... ask mud guts hockey to take a pay cut not on your life buddy neil ask hockey how much is it costing the tax payers flying ... more
- double standards for coppers on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Former Victoria Police detective Charlie Bezzina, who has(had) 38 years experience in force, says sometimes internal police ... more
Iconic Aussie show Prisoner 'reimagined'
A reimagined version of the iconic Australian TV series Prisoner is set to launch on Australian screens in coming months.
Wentworth began filming in Melbourne last year with a cast including Danielle Cormack (Underbelly Razor, Rake), Nicole Da Silva (Rush, East West 101) and and Kate Atkinson (Offspring, Rush).
3AW Entertainment reporter Peter Ford had a sneak peak at the series and says it is much more realistic than its often over-the-top predecessor.
"You've almost got to go in with an open mind. It's not a prequel, it's not a sequel, it seems to be set in the modern day," Peter told Ross and John.
"Many of the names will be very familiar to you but you've almost got to put out of your mind the pre-conceived ideas about those characters,"
"It is actually very realistic and very full on with the language and the sex scenes, so it is obviously a lot grittier than the old Prisoner" he said.
The 10-part series will be shown on Foxtel's SoHo channel.
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
No one's that remembers the original series is still alive so they can take as many liberties as they like. ;)mylene Friday 1 March, 2013 - 8:49 AM
Why do they have to show disrespect to the old characters by using the same name? How can I possibly watch the new show hearing names like Lizzie Birdsworth and Doreen and no think of the old characters? Its plain stupid. Plus its disrespectful to the old actors. They should have used all new names.Ric Flair Thursday 28 February, 2013 - 3:25 PM