- Woman, 73, stabbed in violent break-in
- Tornado rips through Oklahoma City
- Senior cop calls for young drivers to stay on P-Plate up to age of 25
- Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay marriage
- Man deliberately struck in shocking hit-run
- 'Better late than never': Archbishop
- Pair found guilty over Brunswick panel beaters defensive homicide
- Bag snatcher targets blind woman in Keysborough
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gerard on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Assistant Commissioner Robert Hill is yet again 'over the hill'.I take it he wants to make his job even easier than it ... more
- KNOW-ALL COPPER on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... ANOTHER CASE OF A GEN X COP, SUSS AT THAT, TALKING DOWN TO THE GENERATION BELOW HIM.NOTHING IS NEW HERE. THIS AGE GROUP X ... more
- Pj on Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay ... Rudd changed his mind? Like he did on the Spill leaving his mates high and dry? Note for us: Lets not give him an ... more
- Greg on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... And this fool was in charge of young AFL players futures.What a role model,not more
- Greg on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... What a huge con the .05 system is.It tells people you can drink & drive but not over that limit.Why not have a zero limit ... more
- Sarah on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... As a current green P-plater with no desire to ever drive after having even one drink, this doesn't bother me at all... If it ... more
- mylene on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... The Nanny State lives!! more
- Jillian on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... How about having a number plate H for hoon or D for drink driver. Let these unstable driver's be known to the motorist on ... more
- robynne on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... I would say till 21,also they should have defencive driving classes at school! more
- stuart on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Why not increase P plate age by 1 year every second year and closely monitor accident results. Evidenced based rules/law ... more
- Joseph Richmond on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... So, why a big Deal? Ugly is still ugly, right? more
- Harry Brown on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Question is was the baby Ugly or not?If it was then what's the fuss? more
- bushiepete on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... wow most nsw rugby players are ugly and have no necks i guess the babys the same ?? dident see it at least i will sleep ... more
- Jan on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... I probably only watch a couple of hours of TV in a week now, programming is absolute garbage, I loathe every so called ... more
- Sinbad on Narre Warren homes damaged after Ford ... Dg, it was widely reported in numerous media outlets that the victims were "known to police". 1 + 1 usually equals 2 mate! more
- mandy on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... The parents need to have a go at whoever sent it and why and JAMES it was the NRL it has nothing to do with channel 9 Melb ... more
- Jenny on Bag snatcher targets blind woman in ... Welcome to the new Australia! We are on our way down under the lowest of the lowest. We are so full of ourselves and the ... more
- Trent on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... get over it ! they never called the baby ugly ! the nrl footy show is much better tv then our afl footy show !@ if this is ... more
- IAN on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... If I was the NRL Show I would tell the parents to have a good look at themselves and take a COLD shower. more
- JamesD on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... The Footy Show in Melbourne and Sydney is a disgrace. Newman for years has behaved so poorly with his humiliation of people ... more
Iconic Aussie show Prisoner 'reimagined'
A reimagined version of the iconic Australian TV series Prisoner is set to launch on Australian screens in coming months.
Wentworth began filming in Melbourne last year with a cast including Danielle Cormack (Underbelly Razor, Rake), Nicole Da Silva (Rush, East West 101) and and Kate Atkinson (Offspring, Rush).
3AW Entertainment reporter Peter Ford had a sneak peak at the series and says it is much more realistic than its often over-the-top predecessor.
"You've almost got to go in with an open mind. It's not a prequel, it's not a sequel, it seems to be set in the modern day," Peter told Ross and John.
"Many of the names will be very familiar to you but you've almost got to put out of your mind the pre-conceived ideas about those characters,"
"It is actually very realistic and very full on with the language and the sex scenes, so it is obviously a lot grittier than the old Prisoner" he said.
The 10-part series will be shown on Foxtel's SoHo channel.
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
No one's that remembers the original series is still alive so they can take as many liberties as they like. ;)mylene Friday 1 March, 2013 - 8:49 AM
Why do they have to show disrespect to the old characters by using the same name? How can I possibly watch the new show hearing names like Lizzie Birdsworth and Doreen and no think of the old characters? Its plain stupid. Plus its disrespectful to the old actors. They should have used all new names.Ric Flair Thursday 28 February, 2013 - 3:25 PM