- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
'It opens the door for Rudd'
LATEST: Former Labor powerbroker Graham Richardson says Julia Gillard should have known 'it was a dumb thing to do' to appear on the Four Corners episode on Monday night, which focused on the political coup which saw her take power.
"It sure looked like it to me," said Mr Richardson when asked by Neil Mitchell whether Julia Gillard lied when asked on the program whether she knew an acceptance speech was being drafted by her staff two weeks before she became Prime Minister.
On the ABC program, Ms Gillard failed to answer the question directly on three occasions.
Ms Gillard publicly denied she had any intention of replacing former leader Kevin Rudd at the time this speech was alleged to have been worked on.
Meanwhile, Mr Richardson says while Mr Rudd 'doesn't have the numbers' to topple the Prime Minister on a comeback challenge right now, the Four Corners interview would have 'shaken a few out of the tree'.
*Scroll down to hear the Prime Minister fail to answer a very simple question and what Neil Mitchell thinks Julia Gillard's attitude is doing to her credibility*
UPDATE: Prime Minister Julia Gillard maintains she did not direct her staff to draft an acceptance speech weeks before she toppled Kevin Rudd as leader.
It was revealed on Four Corners that the speech was drafted about a fortnight before she sought a ballot from her colleagues for the Prime Ministership.
But Ms Gillard has once again denied the allegations, during an interview on the ABC.
The Prime Minister constantly denied in public in the days leading up to her taking over as leader she had any intention of replacing Mr Rudd.
Meanwhile, Tony Abbott has taken the lead over Julia Gillard as Australia's preferred Prime Minister.
The latest Newspoll shows Mr Abbott is ahead by 40 per cent to 37 per cent for Ms Gillard.
The Coalition holds a 10-point lead over Labor (55 to 45 per cent) two-party preferred.
EARLIER: There are fresh allegations Julia Gillard knew about a planned leadership coup against Kevin Rudd, at least two weeks before it happened.
Just days before the take-over in June 201, Ms Gillard told reporters she had no intention of becoming Prime Minister.
However, it's now alleged her staff drafted her acceptance speech a fortnight before the coup.
Ms Gillard has not denied that claim, telling the ABC she never held any animosity towards Mr Rudd.
PLAY: Neil Mitchell says Julia Gillard's credibility is gone
HINCH BLOG: "No wonder the Gillard camp is jittery. Kevin Rudd just won't go away and a by-election in his seat could mean curtains for the lot of them." What good would leadership change achieve, Hinch asks.
Great Julia!! Charge a carbon tax. Are you charging the Logging industry who seem to have "open go" on destroying our forests. With every tree that is cut down carbon is released into the air. Our forests are our best carbon sink that we have but this is gradually being destroyed.Bev Penrose Thursday 23 February, 2012 - 10:51 AM
Disgraceful the behaviour of the Labour party....Julia bringing the country to it's knees, and Rudd only interested in himself....I don't think they will be voted in next election..sheryl Monday 20 February, 2012 - 5:07 PM
the comments now take so long to be published it wont be long before the task is moved offshore.garry Thursday 16 February, 2012 - 11:31 PM
What sort of role model is Jilia Gillard. Lies, Spin and more lies and spin. She is blatantly dishonest in her behaviour, and such, a discredible person who we do not want respesenting the highest post in the country.wilson Wednesday 15 February, 2012 - 4:09 PM
garry, your a goon sport!Peter B Wednesday 15 February, 2012 - 3:01 PM
Ah yes Gary @9.41pm, lets all start beating the work choices drum again??? So we should all accept the lies, broken promises and deals, and tolerate massive wasting of our money just to avoid work choices so you can kick a ball on Saturdays?? Work choices was about ensuring we remain competitive globally with manufacturing, and now we are not and the jobs are going OS. So don't worry Gary soon enough you can kick a ball on Tuesdays as you wont have a job with even base rates.Dean Wednesday 15 February, 2012 - 12:47 PM