- Pair found guilty over Brunswick panel beaters defensive homicide
- Bag snatcher targets blind woman in Keysborough
- Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving with suspended licence
- Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' baby remark
- Vale Hackforth-Jones, mainstay of film and TV
- SMS sparked David Warner's Twitter tirade
- Police search for missing paraglider
- CONTENT WARNING: Man king-hit in by mystery man
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jenny on Bag snatcher targets blind woman in ... Welcome to the new Australia! We are on our way down under the lowest of the lowest. We are so full of ourselves and the ... more
- Trent on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... get over it ! they never called the baby ugly ! the nrl footy show is much better tv then our afl footy show !@ if this is ... more
- IAN on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... If I was the NRL Show I would tell the parents to have a good look at themselves and take a COLD shower. more
- JamesD on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... The Footy Show in Melbourne and Sydney is a disgrace. Newman for years has behaved so poorly with his humiliation of people ... more
- jgl Melb on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... Despite any and all efforts to the contrary, an idiot,especially those of the arrogant genre,will never be educated. more
- Peggy on Bag snatcher targets blind woman in ... What a pity that the person witnessing this did not take note of the rego.What sort of a low life would do this? Cowards ... more
- Paddy on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... I can just hear the Judge seeking guidance from the Chief Judge how "ugly" might be determined and after much back and forth ... more
- Willow on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Hang on here, believe it was a friend who sent this to the NRL Footy Sshow. Perhaps the family should be pointing their ire ... more
- Mal on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... That what happens when you put photo's on facebook, it a public forum and anybody who puts anything on it deserves the ... more
- Aria Judilla on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Poor kid has no hope in life anyway - his parents watch the footy show. more
- Robert Rich on Cleveland's Charles Ramsey Songified God Bless You Man more
- linda on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... This is poo TV at its best more
- steve on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... We need a train to go to the airport but city link gets looked after very well wake up victoria more
- Frank on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... TRUCKS GOING THROUGH TRAIN CROSSINGS WHILE THE BOOM GATES ARE DOWN TRUCKS ARE ALLWAYS IN RUSH.. PETROL TANKERS ROLLING OVER ... more
- wayne on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... To David 17 may - people have got the a right to make a comment dont call peoples comment stupid..I belive a normal Train ... more
- Mark on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... I wish all us truck drivers get some balls and just stop driving for a week and then you would see all these pathetic ... more
- Rory macneill on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... It's bit like a man debating with a bearded woman. more
- Malcolm Deetlefs on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... As an undersized youth and pushed around, my father took me to a boxing in South Africa. After ten years in the sport I grew ... more
- DavidR on Heartless Clayton thief steals from ... How does a thief know who he is stealing from??? more
- bc on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... dennis got his pay rise should get mighty mick gatto in the ring with napthine with the support of all victorians and sit ... more
Ita Buttrose: 'Tony Abbott is not a misogynist'
Ita Buttrose says there are no obvious perks being Australian of the Year, but the honour makes it all worth it.
Speaking with 3AW's Justin Smith, the accomplished journalist and businesswoman said she nearly fell off the stage when Prime Minister Gillard announced the winner last week.
"I see Australian of the Year as a recognition of the work I've done in the community but I also think it provides a platform to talk about things that I think are of concern to other Australians," Buttrose said.
Buttrose has been a long-standing champion of issues relating to aging, particularly dementia. She told Justin she will use her title to campaign for dementia awareness.
"Given the rapidly-increasing caseload of dementia cases, I think we should all invest more time and money into the last 'medical barrier', the brain.
"I remember one woman, a former school teacher who was suffering from the disease; she told me she feels diminished as a person and diminished as a Mother to her two children.
"That moment has always remained in my mind because they were some of the saddest words I've ever heard in my life."
Meanwhile, Buttrose finds herself at odds with the Prime Minister after telling Smith she disagrees with Gillard's views on Opposition leader Tony Abbott.
She says she's worked with Tony Abbott and he is not a misogynist.
Ms Buttrose says many Australian men do have an issue with women, but Tony Abbott is not one of them.
Listen to Ita's interview with Justin below.
PLAY: Ita Buttrose with Justin Smith
Why , Ita should address the poly! By letting them deal with what is important! To the average Australian people! Not on personality poly! Working for the rich!!!!! Cheers ItaPaul boncristiano Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 6:22 PM
Climate change happens ??but no need for a carbon "TAX". It hits everybody.???IAN Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 12:07 PM
I'm relieved that Ita received the award she has worked hard but Jessica Mauboy that must be a mistake surely.mandy Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 9:51 AM
It seems to me the Australian of the year award has become quite frivolous in its choices how on earth does Jessica Mauboy become a finalist for Australian of the year?mandy Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 9:42 AM
Most media support the Conservative Paty, nee Liberal Party, so it's not surprising her remarks are at odds with the Prime Minister's.MELIGIBruce Rogersw Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 9:01 AM
Well done Ita. Your work is amazing. Sorry but Tony has no idea about a lot of things that are important to Australians. His climate change views are so weak, that he is no leader in my eyes.Jen Gottlieb Monday 28 January, 2013 - 8:30 PM