- Man arrested after home invasion
- Hird to play no part at Essendon in 2014
- Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations against Labor
- Queen photobombs Comm Games selfie
- One dead, four trapped after Great Ocean Road tourist bus crash
- Video: Bike smashes into car on Clarendon St
- Earthquake hits Greenvale, Epping, Lalor and Roxburgh Park
- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
Ita Buttrose: 'Tony Abbott is not a misogynist'
Ita Buttrose says there are no obvious perks being Australian of the Year, but the honour makes it all worth it.
Speaking with 3AW's Justin Smith, the accomplished journalist and businesswoman said she nearly fell off the stage when Prime Minister Gillard announced the winner last week.
"I see Australian of the Year as a recognition of the work I've done in the community but I also think it provides a platform to talk about things that I think are of concern to other Australians," Buttrose said.
Buttrose has been a long-standing champion of issues relating to aging, particularly dementia. She told Justin she will use her title to campaign for dementia awareness.
"Given the rapidly-increasing caseload of dementia cases, I think we should all invest more time and money into the last 'medical barrier', the brain.
"I remember one woman, a former school teacher who was suffering from the disease; she told me she feels diminished as a person and diminished as a Mother to her two children.
"That moment has always remained in my mind because they were some of the saddest words I've ever heard in my life."
Meanwhile, Buttrose finds herself at odds with the Prime Minister after telling Smith she disagrees with Gillard's views on Opposition leader Tony Abbott.
She says she's worked with Tony Abbott and he is not a misogynist.
Ms Buttrose says many Australian men do have an issue with women, but Tony Abbott is not one of them.
Listen to Ita's interview with Justin below.
PLAY: Ita Buttrose with Justin Smith
Why , Ita should address the poly! By letting them deal with what is important! To the average Australian people! Not on personality poly! Working for the rich!!!!! Cheers ItaPaul boncristiano Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 6:22 PM
Climate change happens ??but no need for a carbon "TAX". It hits everybody.???IAN Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 12:07 PM
I'm relieved that Ita received the award she has worked hard but Jessica Mauboy that must be a mistake surely.mandy Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 9:51 AM
It seems to me the Australian of the year award has become quite frivolous in its choices how on earth does Jessica Mauboy become a finalist for Australian of the year?mandy Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 9:42 AM
Most media support the Conservative Paty, nee Liberal Party, so it's not surprising her remarks are at odds with the Prime Minister's.MELIGIBruce Rogersw Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 9:01 AM
Well done Ita. Your work is amazing. Sorry but Tony has no idea about a lot of things that are important to Australians. His climate change views are so weak, that he is no leader in my eyes.Jen Gottlieb Monday 28 January, 2013 - 8:30 PM