- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Eddie McGuire should quit: Jeff Kennett
- Bomb threat: School given all-clear
- Burnley Tunnel closed: Lucky escape in Monash truck fire
- Softened stance on sexting teens
- 'G, that's rough: Tigers unhappy
- Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no standing zone
- One dead in Tarneit crash
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
- iain on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' More political interference is not what is required here. We need allegations of doping heard and either cleared or ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' This is a waste of taxpayers money the courts have more urgent cases to deal with. more
- Sid on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Guilty as sin but not an iota of evidence or positive test to support these claims?Everyone has a problem saying the Bombers ... more
- Christine on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' For people who actively listen, and have no agenda, Paul Little has conducted himself impeccably throughout this drawn-out ... more
- Nigel on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' No Mr Little, the whole community hasn't got deal fatigue, it's sick and tired of Essendonâ?¢ trying to stall/block ... more
Jill Meagher crime scene photo shown to public
Jill Meagher's parents have told a senior homicide detective they have no problem with one of her crime scene photos being used in a public presentation.
Police Association secretary Greg Davies said Victoria Police issued an apology without talking to Detective Sen-Sgt Ron Iddles, who used the photo of the semi-naked body of Ms Meagher while addressing a fundraiser in Bendigo.
Mr Davies says Det. Sen-Sgt Iddles called Ms Meagher's family yesterday to personally apologise, but was told it was unnecessary.
WATCH: Greg Davies defends Ron Iddles
“The bigger issue is violence against women and the murder of women,” Mr Davies told Neil Mitchell.
“Once it was put in context to them and once they had spoken to Ron, unlike most other people involved in this, they were quite satisfied with what he’s done and were encouraging of his efforts to try and make a difference.”
Detective Sen-Sgt Rod Iddles was speaking at a Prostate Cancer Foundation fundraiser in Bendigo last Friday when the photograph of Ms Meagher was shown on a large screen.
The Herald Sun claims the image, taken during the investigation into the rape and murder of Ms Meagher, left many in the 400-strong crowd distressed.
Victoria Police has banned public presentations until new protocols are developed.
AUDIO SLIDESHOW: Remembering Jill, one year on
FULL STATEMENT FROM ACTING DEP. COMMISSIONER STEPHEN FONTANA
This was an unfortunate error of judgement and my sincere apologies are extended to Jill's family, friends, the community, and in particular, to her husband Tom.
With immediate effect, Victoria Police has banned all further public presentations on operational matters until some appropriate protocols have been developed.
Snr Sgt Ron Iddles has been one of Victoria Police's most dedicated and hard working detectives for more than 30 years.
Few wearing the uniform have been more committed and loyal in their service of the community.
I am saddened that a speech he delivered in good faith - at a charity fundraiser - will have caused further emotional anguish for the family.
There is an obsession from the media to talk about this crime perhaps because she was working in the media about time she was allowed to rest in peace, murder crimes against other women haven't received the same hype>!Steve Saturday 30 November, 2013 - 4:26 PM
You can always tell when Neil's having a slow news days. He harps & harps on "stuff".Trish Saturday 30 November, 2013 - 7:47 AM
I'm sick of hearing about Jill Meagher as if she is the only female this has happened too. MOVE ON!yeh Friday 29 November, 2013 - 2:38 PM
Had to laugh, apparently the Herald Sun having realised that absolutely no one is offended, has now dragged out the mother-in-law! Give it a rest Herald Sun, NO ONE IS OFFENDED EXCEPT YOU AND NEIL MITCHELL!Linda Friday 29 November, 2013 - 1:35 PM
It has occurred to me that if Sgt Iddles was doing the wrong thing by showing a photo of a victim of a crime to help build community awareness of the need to speak up, then the TAC & Vic Police, SES et al must also be doing the wrong thing with graphic images of motor vehicle accidents & victims and putting wrecked cars in the middle of the city. Surely this is exactly the same thing.Graham Friday 29 November, 2013 - 11:35 AM
Dead bodies were shown at the Walkley Awards presentation last night and broadcast on the ABC. Havent heard any outrage about that?Ron Friday 29 November, 2013 - 10:46 AM