- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Katter candidates make homophobic slurs
IMAGE: National Party candidate Bernard Gaynor
Queensland Federal MP Bob Katter is under fire after two candidates from his Australian Party made homophobic slurs.
Victorian candidate Tess Corbett stepped down from candidacy Thursday afternoon after saying she wanted gay people banned from teaching in kindergartens just like pedophiles.
Meanwhile, Queensland Senate nominee Bernard Gaynor has been suspended after using Twitter to claim he wouldn't want a gay person to teach his children.
"I would not let a gay person teach my child and really what we are talking about here is the right of a parent to have discretion over who teaches their children," Gaynor told Justin Smith.
"It is a very big responsibility to educate a child, and anyone who thinks that a parent should not have the right to choose who teaches their child I think is entering into very dangerous territory."
In an interesting twist, a caller claiming to be Mr. Gaynor's Aunt told Justin Smith she has a daughter who is both gay and a teacher.
"Now I wasn't going to call but I have been thinking that he has made such offensive and outrageous comments that I couldn't let this opportunity go by considering that he is actually my nephew."
"I haven't seen Bernie since he was quite young, but I think if you are going to come out with comments that are this offensive and outrageous, you are going to have to cop the flack that is going to come back," she said.
Parents should have discretion over who teaches their children#auspol— Bernard Gaynor (@BernardGaynor) January 23, 2013
Was this a publicity stunt ?
To what end ?
The world around these people has changed dramatically -
And guess what, they have not noticed.
Too busy I suppose.
In the political arena one needs to be alert & aware. It's not good enough to say "oh I was to busy & I did not notice" OR "I live in the past"
Australia need politicians of tomorrow for tomorrow to lead this nation to success.
New Blood !R Davis Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 6:22 PM
Relax you and Mylene are allowed to be "ignorant and tunnel visioned"Milton Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 6:53 PM
I don't think it is appropriate for a Mr Humphries type of person prancing around the classroom saying, Ã?'m free" in front of our children, what benefit is that to kids?Enoch Powell Monday 28 January, 2013 - 5:20 PM
And so here we go again, When are scientific specialist in this field going to come out, exuse the pun,and educate people once and for all about chromosones. Because there are, unfortunately, quite a few dumb bastards out there who dont understand why some of us are straight and some of us are gay.leemob Monday 28 January, 2013 - 2:26 PM
If you can't stand the heat go back to your closet mylene>!Steve Monday 28 January, 2013 - 12:16 PM
@Jonesy. I resemble that remark :pmylene Monday 28 January, 2013 - 11:15 AM