- 'Thrill killer' Hemming jailed
- Homegrown terror risks by numbers
- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
Katter candidates make homophobic slurs
IMAGE: National Party candidate Bernard Gaynor
Queensland Federal MP Bob Katter is under fire after two candidates from his Australian Party made homophobic slurs.
Victorian candidate Tess Corbett stepped down from candidacy Thursday afternoon after saying she wanted gay people banned from teaching in kindergartens just like pedophiles.
Meanwhile, Queensland Senate nominee Bernard Gaynor has been suspended after using Twitter to claim he wouldn't want a gay person to teach his children.
"I would not let a gay person teach my child and really what we are talking about here is the right of a parent to have discretion over who teaches their children," Gaynor told Justin Smith.
"It is a very big responsibility to educate a child, and anyone who thinks that a parent should not have the right to choose who teaches their child I think is entering into very dangerous territory."
In an interesting twist, a caller claiming to be Mr. Gaynor's Aunt told Justin Smith she has a daughter who is both gay and a teacher.
"Now I wasn't going to call but I have been thinking that he has made such offensive and outrageous comments that I couldn't let this opportunity go by considering that he is actually my nephew."
"I haven't seen Bernie since he was quite young, but I think if you are going to come out with comments that are this offensive and outrageous, you are going to have to cop the flack that is going to come back," she said.
Parents should have discretion over who teaches their children#auspol— Bernard Gaynor (@BernardGaynor) January 23, 2013
Was this a publicity stunt ?
To what end ?
The world around these people has changed dramatically -
And guess what, they have not noticed.
Too busy I suppose.
In the political arena one needs to be alert & aware. It's not good enough to say "oh I was to busy & I did not notice" OR "I live in the past"
Australia need politicians of tomorrow for tomorrow to lead this nation to success.
New Blood !R Davis Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 6:22 PM
Relax you and Mylene are allowed to be "ignorant and tunnel visioned"Milton Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 6:53 PM
I don't think it is appropriate for a Mr Humphries type of person prancing around the classroom saying, Ã?'m free" in front of our children, what benefit is that to kids?Enoch Powell Monday 28 January, 2013 - 5:20 PM
And so here we go again, When are scientific specialist in this field going to come out, exuse the pun,and educate people once and for all about chromosones. Because there are, unfortunately, quite a few dumb bastards out there who dont understand why some of us are straight and some of us are gay.leemob Monday 28 January, 2013 - 2:26 PM
If you can't stand the heat go back to your closet mylene>!Steve Monday 28 January, 2013 - 12:16 PM
@Jonesy. I resemble that remark :pmylene Monday 28 January, 2013 - 11:15 AM