- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- Laverton home goes up in flames
- William and Kate avoid Melbourne on royal tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
Katter candidates make homophobic slurs
IMAGE: National Party candidate Bernard Gaynor
Queensland Federal MP Bob Katter is under fire after two candidates from his Australian Party made homophobic slurs.
Victorian candidate Tess Corbett stepped down from candidacy Thursday afternoon after saying she wanted gay people banned from teaching in kindergartens just like pedophiles.
Meanwhile, Queensland Senate nominee Bernard Gaynor has been suspended after using Twitter to claim he wouldn't want a gay person to teach his children.
"I would not let a gay person teach my child and really what we are talking about here is the right of a parent to have discretion over who teaches their children," Gaynor told Justin Smith.
"It is a very big responsibility to educate a child, and anyone who thinks that a parent should not have the right to choose who teaches their child I think is entering into very dangerous territory."
In an interesting twist, a caller claiming to be Mr. Gaynor's Aunt told Justin Smith she has a daughter who is both gay and a teacher.
"Now I wasn't going to call but I have been thinking that he has made such offensive and outrageous comments that I couldn't let this opportunity go by considering that he is actually my nephew."
"I haven't seen Bernie since he was quite young, but I think if you are going to come out with comments that are this offensive and outrageous, you are going to have to cop the flack that is going to come back," she said.
Parents should have discretion over who teaches their children#auspol— Bernard Gaynor (@BernardGaynor) January 23, 2013
Was this a publicity stunt ?
To what end ?
The world around these people has changed dramatically -
And guess what, they have not noticed.
Too busy I suppose.
In the political arena one needs to be alert & aware. It's not good enough to say "oh I was to busy & I did not notice" OR "I live in the past"
Australia need politicians of tomorrow for tomorrow to lead this nation to success.
New Blood !R Davis Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 6:22 PM
Relax you and Mylene are allowed to be "ignorant and tunnel visioned"Milton Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 6:53 PM
I don't think it is appropriate for a Mr Humphries type of person prancing around the classroom saying, Ã?'m free" in front of our children, what benefit is that to kids?Enoch Powell Monday 28 January, 2013 - 5:20 PM
And so here we go again, When are scientific specialist in this field going to come out, exuse the pun,and educate people once and for all about chromosones. Because there are, unfortunately, quite a few dumb bastards out there who dont understand why some of us are straight and some of us are gay.leemob Monday 28 January, 2013 - 2:26 PM
If you can't stand the heat go back to your closet mylene>!Steve Monday 28 January, 2013 - 12:16 PM
@Jonesy. I resemble that remark :pmylene Monday 28 January, 2013 - 11:15 AM