- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Katter candidates make homophobic slurs
IMAGE: National Party candidate Bernard Gaynor
Queensland Federal MP Bob Katter is under fire after two candidates from his Australian Party made homophobic slurs.
Victorian candidate Tess Corbett stepped down from candidacy Thursday afternoon after saying she wanted gay people banned from teaching in kindergartens just like pedophiles.
Meanwhile, Queensland Senate nominee Bernard Gaynor has been suspended after using Twitter to claim he wouldn't want a gay person to teach his children.
"I would not let a gay person teach my child and really what we are talking about here is the right of a parent to have discretion over who teaches their children," Gaynor told Justin Smith.
"It is a very big responsibility to educate a child, and anyone who thinks that a parent should not have the right to choose who teaches their child I think is entering into very dangerous territory."
In an interesting twist, a caller claiming to be Mr. Gaynor's Aunt told Justin Smith she has a daughter who is both gay and a teacher.
"Now I wasn't going to call but I have been thinking that he has made such offensive and outrageous comments that I couldn't let this opportunity go by considering that he is actually my nephew."
"I haven't seen Bernie since he was quite young, but I think if you are going to come out with comments that are this offensive and outrageous, you are going to have to cop the flack that is going to come back," she said.
Parents should have discretion over who teaches their children#auspol— Bernard Gaynor (@BernardGaynor) January 23, 2013
Was this a publicity stunt ?
To what end ?
The world around these people has changed dramatically -
And guess what, they have not noticed.
Too busy I suppose.
In the political arena one needs to be alert & aware. It's not good enough to say "oh I was to busy & I did not notice" OR "I live in the past"
Australia need politicians of tomorrow for tomorrow to lead this nation to success.
New Blood !R Davis Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 6:22 PM
Relax you and Mylene are allowed to be "ignorant and tunnel visioned"Milton Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 6:53 PM
I don't think it is appropriate for a Mr Humphries type of person prancing around the classroom saying, Ã?'m free" in front of our children, what benefit is that to kids?Enoch Powell Monday 28 January, 2013 - 5:20 PM
And so here we go again, When are scientific specialist in this field going to come out, exuse the pun,and educate people once and for all about chromosones. Because there are, unfortunately, quite a few dumb bastards out there who dont understand why some of us are straight and some of us are gay.leemob Monday 28 January, 2013 - 2:26 PM
If you can't stand the heat go back to your closet mylene>!Steve Monday 28 January, 2013 - 12:16 PM
@Jonesy. I resemble that remark :pmylene Monday 28 January, 2013 - 11:15 AM