- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- Out-of-control driver smashes into Hawthorn home fence
- Labor leads election polls
- Body found after Mt Helen house fire
- You could be at home right now
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
- Ed Niemiec on Police put on high alert Well done Vic Pol!! more
- Jackie on Police put on high alert I hope both officers, recover well. Feeling very much for them, their families, friends and colleagues. more
- John Thompson on Police put on high alert our brave defenders of law and order once again probabley having to pay a price for just doing their job and what a job they ... more
Katter candidates make homophobic slurs
IMAGE: National Party candidate Bernard Gaynor
Queensland Federal MP Bob Katter is under fire after two candidates from his Australian Party made homophobic slurs.
Victorian candidate Tess Corbett stepped down from candidacy Thursday afternoon after saying she wanted gay people banned from teaching in kindergartens just like pedophiles.
Meanwhile, Queensland Senate nominee Bernard Gaynor has been suspended after using Twitter to claim he wouldn't want a gay person to teach his children.
"I would not let a gay person teach my child and really what we are talking about here is the right of a parent to have discretion over who teaches their children," Gaynor told Justin Smith.
"It is a very big responsibility to educate a child, and anyone who thinks that a parent should not have the right to choose who teaches their child I think is entering into very dangerous territory."
In an interesting twist, a caller claiming to be Mr. Gaynor's Aunt told Justin Smith she has a daughter who is both gay and a teacher.
"Now I wasn't going to call but I have been thinking that he has made such offensive and outrageous comments that I couldn't let this opportunity go by considering that he is actually my nephew."
"I haven't seen Bernie since he was quite young, but I think if you are going to come out with comments that are this offensive and outrageous, you are going to have to cop the flack that is going to come back," she said.
Parents should have discretion over who teaches their children#auspol— Bernard Gaynor (@BernardGaynor) January 23, 2013
Was this a publicity stunt ?
To what end ?
The world around these people has changed dramatically -
And guess what, they have not noticed.
Too busy I suppose.
In the political arena one needs to be alert & aware. It's not good enough to say "oh I was to busy & I did not notice" OR "I live in the past"
Australia need politicians of tomorrow for tomorrow to lead this nation to success.
New Blood !R Davis Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 6:22 PM
Relax you and Mylene are allowed to be "ignorant and tunnel visioned"Milton Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 6:53 PM
I don't think it is appropriate for a Mr Humphries type of person prancing around the classroom saying, Ã?'m free" in front of our children, what benefit is that to kids?Enoch Powell Monday 28 January, 2013 - 5:20 PM
And so here we go again, When are scientific specialist in this field going to come out, exuse the pun,and educate people once and for all about chromosones. Because there are, unfortunately, quite a few dumb bastards out there who dont understand why some of us are straight and some of us are gay.leemob Monday 28 January, 2013 - 2:26 PM
If you can't stand the heat go back to your closet mylene>!Steve Monday 28 January, 2013 - 12:16 PM
@Jonesy. I resemble that remark :pmylene Monday 28 January, 2013 - 11:15 AM