- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
'Kentucky Fried' Julia Gillard menu a 'private joke': creator
CONTENT WARNING: This article contains language which some people may find offensive
The owner of the restaurant where the fundraising function for Liberal National Party candidate Mal Brough was held, now made infamous for the 'Moroccan Quail' denigrating the Prime Minister, says he created the menu as a 'private joke'.
Liberal National Party candidate Mal Brough condemned the menu which offensively mocked the Prime Minister.
Under the item ‘Moroccan Quail’, the menu reads: ‘Julia Gillard Kentucky Fried Quail - Small Breasts, Huge Thighs & A Big Red Box'.
Mr Brough said the menu was made by a person who was not a party member who was now 'deeply apologetic'.
Joe Richards, owner of Richards and Richards restaurant where the $1000-a-head function was held said none of the menus were distributed on the tables or in the restaurant.
"I created a mock menu myself as a light-hearted joke, however as I said I never produced them for public distribution," Mr Richard's letter, released by the Liberal National party, said.
"It is so unfortunate that an in-house joke between myself and my son has caused you great problems and embarrassment."
Liberal Party leader Tony Abbott joined Mr Brough's condemnations, saying: "I think that we should all be bigger and better than that."
"Whether it's a tacky, scattilogical menu out of the front of a Liberal Party event; Whether it's squalid jokes told at union conference dinners with ministers present.
"Whatever it is, I think we should be better than that."
Earlier, Neil Mitchell said if the ‘offensive’ and ‘absurd’ menu was proven to have been used at a Liberal Party function, the party needed to act immediately.
“If it has anything to do with the Liberal Party, they need to deal with the people who did it and they need to issue a full, immediate, abject apology,” he said.
“We don't need an election campaign diverted by gender wars with that sort of nonsense.
“Or for that matter, the Prime Minister going on about women being discriminated against.”
The measure of a robust democracy is how well the citizens and their leaders can have a laugh at themselves without fear of recrimination.
The thought police are so distracting and threatening.
Lighten up and focus on things that really matter, such as the future of the country.Solomons' Sword Saturday 15 June, 2013 - 5:45 PM
Julia Gillard is going to be remembered as the biggest joke, I wish she would stop with the bullshit. I work with a lot of lady at work and they say I wish she would shut up. please PM make this a clean election, I hope you get the message at the election, we hate YOU. we need more women like Gail Kelly from Wespac NOW theres a PM who we could trusted.steve Friday 14 June, 2013 - 8:43 PM
The fact that this is looked at as a joke shows me what a warped sense of humour these guys have and have not really grown up I would expect this from maybe school age kids but this is grown men who should know better. I am not a julia backer I just feel that this form of humour is degrading whether it be pointed towards males or females Grow up guysP.O. Friday 14 June, 2013 - 11:40 AM
So Steve...why do you want to upset the feminist Labor voters? Do they not have a righ to a voice when they feel injustices are being committed?Leisha Young Friday 14 June, 2013 - 8:43 AM
Ahhh yes, just another example of how provincial and backward Australia appears to the rest of the world and the usual bunch of misogynists (male and female), defending it.Leisha Young Friday 14 June, 2013 - 8:37 AM
The action of these people making jokes or derogatory comments of PM in menus,verbal or other are those small thinkers and un-achievers. Totally un professional and menial mentalities I certainly would not use their services let alone forward my vote to let them run this Country. Big thinkers just do not engage in this mediocre behaviour.Small people indeed.Dominic Friday 14 June, 2013 - 5:22 AM