- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- Laverton home goes up in flames
- William and Kate avoid Melbourne on royal tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
'Kentucky Fried' Julia Gillard menu a 'private joke': creator
CONTENT WARNING: This article contains language which some people may find offensive
The owner of the restaurant where the fundraising function for Liberal National Party candidate Mal Brough was held, now made infamous for the 'Moroccan Quail' denigrating the Prime Minister, says he created the menu as a 'private joke'.
Liberal National Party candidate Mal Brough condemned the menu which offensively mocked the Prime Minister.
Under the item ‘Moroccan Quail’, the menu reads: ‘Julia Gillard Kentucky Fried Quail - Small Breasts, Huge Thighs & A Big Red Box'.
Mr Brough said the menu was made by a person who was not a party member who was now 'deeply apologetic'.
Joe Richards, owner of Richards and Richards restaurant where the $1000-a-head function was held said none of the menus were distributed on the tables or in the restaurant.
"I created a mock menu myself as a light-hearted joke, however as I said I never produced them for public distribution," Mr Richard's letter, released by the Liberal National party, said.
"It is so unfortunate that an in-house joke between myself and my son has caused you great problems and embarrassment."
Liberal Party leader Tony Abbott joined Mr Brough's condemnations, saying: "I think that we should all be bigger and better than that."
"Whether it's a tacky, scattilogical menu out of the front of a Liberal Party event; Whether it's squalid jokes told at union conference dinners with ministers present.
"Whatever it is, I think we should be better than that."
Earlier, Neil Mitchell said if the ‘offensive’ and ‘absurd’ menu was proven to have been used at a Liberal Party function, the party needed to act immediately.
“If it has anything to do with the Liberal Party, they need to deal with the people who did it and they need to issue a full, immediate, abject apology,” he said.
“We don't need an election campaign diverted by gender wars with that sort of nonsense.
“Or for that matter, the Prime Minister going on about women being discriminated against.”
The measure of a robust democracy is how well the citizens and their leaders can have a laugh at themselves without fear of recrimination.
The thought police are so distracting and threatening.
Lighten up and focus on things that really matter, such as the future of the country.Solomons' Sword Saturday 15 June, 2013 - 5:45 PM
Julia Gillard is going to be remembered as the biggest joke, I wish she would stop with the bullshit. I work with a lot of lady at work and they say I wish she would shut up. please PM make this a clean election, I hope you get the message at the election, we hate YOU. we need more women like Gail Kelly from Wespac NOW theres a PM who we could trusted.steve Friday 14 June, 2013 - 8:43 PM
The fact that this is looked at as a joke shows me what a warped sense of humour these guys have and have not really grown up I would expect this from maybe school age kids but this is grown men who should know better. I am not a julia backer I just feel that this form of humour is degrading whether it be pointed towards males or females Grow up guysP.O. Friday 14 June, 2013 - 11:40 AM
So Steve...why do you want to upset the feminist Labor voters? Do they not have a righ to a voice when they feel injustices are being committed?Leisha Young Friday 14 June, 2013 - 8:43 AM
Ahhh yes, just another example of how provincial and backward Australia appears to the rest of the world and the usual bunch of misogynists (male and female), defending it.Leisha Young Friday 14 June, 2013 - 8:37 AM
The action of these people making jokes or derogatory comments of PM in menus,verbal or other are those small thinkers and un-achievers. Totally un professional and menial mentalities I certainly would not use their services let alone forward my vote to let them run this Country. Big thinkers just do not engage in this mediocre behaviour.Small people indeed.Dominic Friday 14 June, 2013 - 5:22 AM