- 'Thrill killer' Hemming jailed
- Homegrown terror risks by numbers
- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
'Kentucky Fried' Julia Gillard menu a 'private joke': creator
CONTENT WARNING: This article contains language which some people may find offensive
The owner of the restaurant where the fundraising function for Liberal National Party candidate Mal Brough was held, now made infamous for the 'Moroccan Quail' denigrating the Prime Minister, says he created the menu as a 'private joke'.
Liberal National Party candidate Mal Brough condemned the menu which offensively mocked the Prime Minister.
Under the item ‘Moroccan Quail’, the menu reads: ‘Julia Gillard Kentucky Fried Quail - Small Breasts, Huge Thighs & A Big Red Box'.
Mr Brough said the menu was made by a person who was not a party member who was now 'deeply apologetic'.
Joe Richards, owner of Richards and Richards restaurant where the $1000-a-head function was held said none of the menus were distributed on the tables or in the restaurant.
"I created a mock menu myself as a light-hearted joke, however as I said I never produced them for public distribution," Mr Richard's letter, released by the Liberal National party, said.
"It is so unfortunate that an in-house joke between myself and my son has caused you great problems and embarrassment."
Liberal Party leader Tony Abbott joined Mr Brough's condemnations, saying: "I think that we should all be bigger and better than that."
"Whether it's a tacky, scattilogical menu out of the front of a Liberal Party event; Whether it's squalid jokes told at union conference dinners with ministers present.
"Whatever it is, I think we should be better than that."
Earlier, Neil Mitchell said if the ‘offensive’ and ‘absurd’ menu was proven to have been used at a Liberal Party function, the party needed to act immediately.
“If it has anything to do with the Liberal Party, they need to deal with the people who did it and they need to issue a full, immediate, abject apology,” he said.
“We don't need an election campaign diverted by gender wars with that sort of nonsense.
“Or for that matter, the Prime Minister going on about women being discriminated against.”
The measure of a robust democracy is how well the citizens and their leaders can have a laugh at themselves without fear of recrimination.
The thought police are so distracting and threatening.
Lighten up and focus on things that really matter, such as the future of the country.Solomons' Sword Saturday 15 June, 2013 - 5:45 PM
Julia Gillard is going to be remembered as the biggest joke, I wish she would stop with the bullshit. I work with a lot of lady at work and they say I wish she would shut up. please PM make this a clean election, I hope you get the message at the election, we hate YOU. we need more women like Gail Kelly from Wespac NOW theres a PM who we could trusted.steve Friday 14 June, 2013 - 8:43 PM
The fact that this is looked at as a joke shows me what a warped sense of humour these guys have and have not really grown up I would expect this from maybe school age kids but this is grown men who should know better. I am not a julia backer I just feel that this form of humour is degrading whether it be pointed towards males or females Grow up guysP.O. Friday 14 June, 2013 - 11:40 AM
So Steve...why do you want to upset the feminist Labor voters? Do they not have a righ to a voice when they feel injustices are being committed?Leisha Young Friday 14 June, 2013 - 8:43 AM
Ahhh yes, just another example of how provincial and backward Australia appears to the rest of the world and the usual bunch of misogynists (male and female), defending it.Leisha Young Friday 14 June, 2013 - 8:37 AM
The action of these people making jokes or derogatory comments of PM in menus,verbal or other are those small thinkers and un-achievers. Totally un professional and menial mentalities I certainly would not use their services let alone forward my vote to let them run this Country. Big thinkers just do not engage in this mediocre behaviour.Small people indeed.Dominic Friday 14 June, 2013 - 5:22 AM