- Bombers battered in court
- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Willow on Bombers battered in court About time, justice at last. A lesson to players for the future, do not take part in experiments just because your Club and ... more
- Aria Judillaa on Bombers battered in court Sorry Hird, but when people start challenging the validity of an investigation it's pretty obvious they have something to ... more
- Iain on Bombers battered in court I wonder if Essendon get it know..Justice Middleton is well respected and agrees they have a case to answer. Essendon: take ... more
- Stephen on Bombers battered in court Time to move on and draw a line under this by all sides. The evidence is not there or this would have been put to bed by ... more
- IBARKER on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Great result for the Person that had his Boards Stolen. more
- RFor on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... LOVE IT !!!Like the other one a few weeks ago- Pollys Questn. Suspect, he says no not me, shows his brothers I.D. - Pollys ... more
- Jodie O'Donovan on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Sounds like the bloke who robbed my house while I was across the road at work, watching him. My husband ran to the house to ... more
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
'Kentucky Fried' Julia Gillard menu a 'private joke': creator
CONTENT WARNING: This article contains language which some people may find offensive
The owner of the restaurant where the fundraising function for Liberal National Party candidate Mal Brough was held, now made infamous for the 'Moroccan Quail' denigrating the Prime Minister, says he created the menu as a 'private joke'.
Liberal National Party candidate Mal Brough condemned the menu which offensively mocked the Prime Minister.
Under the item ‘Moroccan Quail’, the menu reads: ‘Julia Gillard Kentucky Fried Quail - Small Breasts, Huge Thighs & A Big Red Box'.
Mr Brough said the menu was made by a person who was not a party member who was now 'deeply apologetic'.
Joe Richards, owner of Richards and Richards restaurant where the $1000-a-head function was held said none of the menus were distributed on the tables or in the restaurant.
"I created a mock menu myself as a light-hearted joke, however as I said I never produced them for public distribution," Mr Richard's letter, released by the Liberal National party, said.
"It is so unfortunate that an in-house joke between myself and my son has caused you great problems and embarrassment."
Liberal Party leader Tony Abbott joined Mr Brough's condemnations, saying: "I think that we should all be bigger and better than that."
"Whether it's a tacky, scattilogical menu out of the front of a Liberal Party event; Whether it's squalid jokes told at union conference dinners with ministers present.
"Whatever it is, I think we should be better than that."
Earlier, Neil Mitchell said if the ‘offensive’ and ‘absurd’ menu was proven to have been used at a Liberal Party function, the party needed to act immediately.
“If it has anything to do with the Liberal Party, they need to deal with the people who did it and they need to issue a full, immediate, abject apology,” he said.
“We don't need an election campaign diverted by gender wars with that sort of nonsense.
“Or for that matter, the Prime Minister going on about women being discriminated against.”
The measure of a robust democracy is how well the citizens and their leaders can have a laugh at themselves without fear of recrimination.
The thought police are so distracting and threatening.
Lighten up and focus on things that really matter, such as the future of the country.Solomons' Sword Saturday 15 June, 2013 - 5:45 PM
Julia Gillard is going to be remembered as the biggest joke, I wish she would stop with the bullshit. I work with a lot of lady at work and they say I wish she would shut up. please PM make this a clean election, I hope you get the message at the election, we hate YOU. we need more women like Gail Kelly from Wespac NOW theres a PM who we could trusted.steve Friday 14 June, 2013 - 8:43 PM
The fact that this is looked at as a joke shows me what a warped sense of humour these guys have and have not really grown up I would expect this from maybe school age kids but this is grown men who should know better. I am not a julia backer I just feel that this form of humour is degrading whether it be pointed towards males or females Grow up guysP.O. Friday 14 June, 2013 - 11:40 AM
So Steve...why do you want to upset the feminist Labor voters? Do they not have a righ to a voice when they feel injustices are being committed?Leisha Young Friday 14 June, 2013 - 8:43 AM
Ahhh yes, just another example of how provincial and backward Australia appears to the rest of the world and the usual bunch of misogynists (male and female), defending it.Leisha Young Friday 14 June, 2013 - 8:37 AM
The action of these people making jokes or derogatory comments of PM in menus,verbal or other are those small thinkers and un-achievers. Totally un professional and menial mentalities I certainly would not use their services let alone forward my vote to let them run this Country. Big thinkers just do not engage in this mediocre behaviour.Small people indeed.Dominic Friday 14 June, 2013 - 5:22 AM