- 338 PSO fines wrongly issued
- Gold Coast Suns sack Campbell Brown
- Breakfast farewells Mal Walden
- Young hoon performs burnouts in front of cops
- Are we all a little bit bogan?
- More than 70 Craig Thomson charges could be dropped: Magistrate
- All charges dropped against MP Geoff Shaw
- Council calls off BMX track demolition
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Pradman on Young hoon performs burnouts in front ... ....and he's allowed to vote more
- LynetteOZ on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden The consummate professional! You'll be missed Mal. Thanks for bringing us the news with a dash of humour where appropriate. more
- John on Having issues streaming 3AW? I run FireFox on win 7 and on Linux Mint FireFox. Install VLC. Shockwave and jvanjvan@plugins (latest levels)and it will all ... more
- Kirk on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden Well done on a great career mal, you were the one that go me interested in watching the news in my early teens in 1996, i ... more
- fiona on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden What a lovely man mal waldon is .lovely to see such emotion on the show tonight, wouldn't we all love to loved and ... more
- Gazza on Young hoon performs burnouts in front ... Surely the revenue cameras will stop this behaviour...... more
- David T. on Having issues streaming 3AW? Oh, and by the way, I was bloody cranky when I sent that message; and I still am. more
- David T. on Young hoon performs burnouts in front ... We complain about idiots like this on sites that have no relevance to them (if they even know they, or we, exist). Many ... more
- David T. on Having issues streaming 3AW? Why the hell should I change my browser. If your "experts" can't handle modern day technology, find someone who can. To tell ... more
- Big Al on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden 'Legend' is a word that is thrown around far to freely by sections of the media. As for me, I have never watched or listened ... more
- Mong on Having issues streaming 3AW? I don't think "use a different browser" is an acceptable response. Sounds like a lazy tech person wrote that, internet ... more
- Mighty Mick on Young hoon performs burnouts in front ... Many say that speed kills the truth is idiots like this guy behind a lethal weapon (car)who have no respect for the law and ... more
- Dave on Having issues streaming 3AW? That seems to have worked!!!! more
- Katrina on Having issues streaming 3AW? Haven't been able to listen to you at work all week, did what you said on your website still having issues! :( more
- Bonk Oh on Young hoon performs burnouts in front ... No way.... He's on drugs!! more
- Flora on 'Radio journalism at its finest' I feel safe with men like Neil around. I dont always agree with him but I trust him.Thanks for the good work Neil. more
- Steve on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden Good riddance Walden is boring. more
- mylene on Having issues streaming 3AW? Ever since the government changed it's been getting harder to access information. Coincidence? Perhaps not. :p more
- William Harcourt on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden Unbelievable. I've been watching this guy since I was a kid. Thanks for the memories, Mal. more
- Shane W on Young hoon performs burnouts in front ... Thick Bogan more
'Kentucky Fried' Julia Gillard menu a 'private joke': creator
CONTENT WARNING: This article contains language which some people may find offensive
The owner of the restaurant where the fundraising function for Liberal National Party candidate Mal Brough was held, now made infamous for the 'Moroccan Quail' denigrating the Prime Minister, says he created the menu as a 'private joke'.
Liberal National Party candidate Mal Brough condemned the menu which offensively mocked the Prime Minister.
Under the item ‘Moroccan Quail’, the menu reads: ‘Julia Gillard Kentucky Fried Quail - Small Breasts, Huge Thighs & A Big Red Box'.
Mr Brough said the menu was made by a person who was not a party member who was now 'deeply apologetic'.
Joe Richards, owner of Richards and Richards restaurant where the $1000-a-head function was held said none of the menus were distributed on the tables or in the restaurant.
"I created a mock menu myself as a light-hearted joke, however as I said I never produced them for public distribution," Mr Richard's letter, released by the Liberal National party, said.
"It is so unfortunate that an in-house joke between myself and my son has caused you great problems and embarrassment."
Liberal Party leader Tony Abbott joined Mr Brough's condemnations, saying: "I think that we should all be bigger and better than that."
"Whether it's a tacky, scattilogical menu out of the front of a Liberal Party event; Whether it's squalid jokes told at union conference dinners with ministers present.
"Whatever it is, I think we should be better than that."
Earlier, Neil Mitchell said if the ‘offensive’ and ‘absurd’ menu was proven to have been used at a Liberal Party function, the party needed to act immediately.
“If it has anything to do with the Liberal Party, they need to deal with the people who did it and they need to issue a full, immediate, abject apology,” he said.
“We don't need an election campaign diverted by gender wars with that sort of nonsense.
“Or for that matter, the Prime Minister going on about women being discriminated against.”
The measure of a robust democracy is how well the citizens and their leaders can have a laugh at themselves without fear of recrimination.
The thought police are so distracting and threatening.
Lighten up and focus on things that really matter, such as the future of the country.Solomons' Sword Saturday 15 June, 2013 - 5:45 PM
Julia Gillard is going to be remembered as the biggest joke, I wish she would stop with the bullshit. I work with a lot of lady at work and they say I wish she would shut up. please PM make this a clean election, I hope you get the message at the election, we hate YOU. we need more women like Gail Kelly from Wespac NOW theres a PM who we could trusted.steve Friday 14 June, 2013 - 8:43 PM
The fact that this is looked at as a joke shows me what a warped sense of humour these guys have and have not really grown up I would expect this from maybe school age kids but this is grown men who should know better. I am not a julia backer I just feel that this form of humour is degrading whether it be pointed towards males or females Grow up guysP.O. Friday 14 June, 2013 - 11:40 AM
So Steve...why do you want to upset the feminist Labor voters? Do they not have a righ to a voice when they feel injustices are being committed?Leisha Young Friday 14 June, 2013 - 8:43 AM
Ahhh yes, just another example of how provincial and backward Australia appears to the rest of the world and the usual bunch of misogynists (male and female), defending it.Leisha Young Friday 14 June, 2013 - 8:37 AM
The action of these people making jokes or derogatory comments of PM in menus,verbal or other are those small thinkers and un-achievers. Totally un professional and menial mentalities I certainly would not use their services let alone forward my vote to let them run this Country. Big thinkers just do not engage in this mediocre behaviour.Small people indeed.Dominic Friday 14 June, 2013 - 5:22 AM