- Drive-by shooting in Springvale South
- Carlton player Simon White charged by police
- Social media trails show ISIS link to Melbourne schools
- Ross and John in Glasgow: Heritage Day
- Robert Doyle: 'It's a mess, a gigantic error'
- Sex attacker assaults girl, 16
- Jim Schembri reviews: Hercules 3D, Mrs Browns Boys D'Movie and more
- 'Heads must roll, or the voters will roll you'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on On the road with Patty the poet cabbie Pat Mullaney now thats a good scots name??? more
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
‘Kew Dancing Man’ passes away
Eastern Suburbs icon Robin Madden, better known as ‘The Kew Dancing Man’, has sadly passed away.
Robin, who could regularly be seen grooving on a corner of the Kew Junction, became a local legend with his high kicks, big hand waves and eccentric dancing techniques.
‘The Kew Dancing Man’ would regularly take up his spot on the corner where passers-by would toot and wave in support of the lovable local, cheering up many a red-light wait.
Robin told the Herald Sun in 2007 that he danced because ‘it makes me happy’
‘People blow their horns at me and the coppers put their sirens on for me. They know me pretty well around here - I've been in Kew all my life’ Robin said.
Prague House in Cotham Road, where Robin lived for almost 10 years, say Robin passed away on Saturday at the age 67 after a battle with cancer.
He will be missed.
You can leave your tributes to Robin below.
If you're driving through Kew Junction today make sure you send out a 'toot' for the 'Kew Dancing Man'. RIP Robin: bit.ly/L1PKgW— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) June 1, 2012
The dancing man was a icon and always made our day brighter when stuck in traffic or running late... I'm sure he is dancing his way too them pearly gates... Rip buddyBus driver Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 9:35 AM
Left the area over 20 years ago but carry fond memories of our chats on the tram and bus and your days as the bike man. Your gentle nature and zest for life was an inspiration. Rest in peace Robin, you made the world a better place.Lee Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 7:07 AM
I think the pub should rename itself THE DANCING MANKimberley Clemens Monday 4 June, 2012 - 4:24 PM
How about a neon dancing man above the pub at Kew junction as a lasting tribute to Robin. It would become folklore just like the skipping girl and a great story for the agesPaul Stevens Monday 4 June, 2012 - 11:57 AM
Our neighborhood will never be the same without you Robin. Thanks for the lovely happy memories. This world really needs more people like you in it and it is amazing the impact you have had on many peoples lives by simply smiling and dancing. I'll continue to 'toot'.... Thankyou!Harley Sunday 3 June, 2012 - 11:37 PM
RIP Robin. Seeing you dance always brought a smile. Getting to know you and the joy dancing brought you will not be forgotten. There should be more like you in this world.
A commemorative statue is definately in order.Bex Sunday 3 June, 2012 - 8:43 PM