- Live: 2014 Victorian election coverage
- VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick Samantha
- 'He was a precocious talent'
- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Geoff on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... With society up to its boots in politics and living in its own little world, this is what is really important. While we ... more
- Jennifer Williams on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I think that puppy knows she is there for a very special reason. Four tissues later and I'm still going. Such a sad story, ... more
- LisaJ on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Well done Neil and 3AW. Such a nice story after yesterdays news. more
- Helen on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I'm sure Pixie will bring a lot of joy to Samantha, Ashley and the family at this difficult time for them all.Kind thoughts ... more
- andy on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... hope young pixie gives samantha a distaction from the other things going onthe 3 aw community has restored my faith in ... more
- carol on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Driving while crying! kept looking across to see if I was not the only one, then a guy rang in and said he was doing exactly ... more
- paul on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Hi Neil I've just watched the video of pixie being delivered. I have tears rolling you are a legend!!! Christmas WISHES to ... more
- Heather on Phillip Hughes dead at 25 May the clouds wrap him in a blanket of love and the moon kiss him goodnight! Rest in peace young man! Much love to his ... more
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
‘Kew Dancing Man’ passes away
Eastern Suburbs icon Robin Madden, better known as ‘The Kew Dancing Man’, has sadly passed away.
Robin, who could regularly be seen grooving on a corner of the Kew Junction, became a local legend with his high kicks, big hand waves and eccentric dancing techniques.
‘The Kew Dancing Man’ would regularly take up his spot on the corner where passers-by would toot and wave in support of the lovable local, cheering up many a red-light wait.
Robin told the Herald Sun in 2007 that he danced because ‘it makes me happy’
‘People blow their horns at me and the coppers put their sirens on for me. They know me pretty well around here - I've been in Kew all my life’ Robin said.
Prague House in Cotham Road, where Robin lived for almost 10 years, say Robin passed away on Saturday at the age 67 after a battle with cancer.
He will be missed.
You can leave your tributes to Robin below.
If you're driving through Kew Junction today make sure you send out a 'toot' for the 'Kew Dancing Man'. RIP Robin: bit.ly/L1PKgW— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) June 1, 2012
The dancing man was a icon and always made our day brighter when stuck in traffic or running late... I'm sure he is dancing his way too them pearly gates... Rip buddyBus driver Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 9:35 AM
Left the area over 20 years ago but carry fond memories of our chats on the tram and bus and your days as the bike man. Your gentle nature and zest for life was an inspiration. Rest in peace Robin, you made the world a better place.Lee Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 7:07 AM
I think the pub should rename itself THE DANCING MANKimberley Clemens Monday 4 June, 2012 - 4:24 PM
How about a neon dancing man above the pub at Kew junction as a lasting tribute to Robin. It would become folklore just like the skipping girl and a great story for the agesPaul Stevens Monday 4 June, 2012 - 11:57 AM
Our neighborhood will never be the same without you Robin. Thanks for the lovely happy memories. This world really needs more people like you in it and it is amazing the impact you have had on many peoples lives by simply smiling and dancing. I'll continue to 'toot'.... Thankyou!Harley Sunday 3 June, 2012 - 11:37 PM
RIP Robin. Seeing you dance always brought a smile. Getting to know you and the joy dancing brought you will not be forgotten. There should be more like you in this world.
A commemorative statue is definately in order.Bex Sunday 3 June, 2012 - 8:43 PM