- Hazel Hawke passes away
- Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: Forbes
- Jon Anderson rates the 'Four Kings': Duran, Hagler, Hearns & Leonard
- Mother's tears and pain over son's fatal accident
- Peter Slipper MP formally charged with fraud
- Charges could be laid over Swanston Street wall collapse: court told
- Operation Unification: Police across country target illegal firearms
- Elderly man fighting for life, police hunt truck driver
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tim Whiteside on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Hi Guys, I've been listening to the ABC for a lifetime but really had enough of Red Symonds who ,so self-obsessed ... more
- Rod Evans on One person trapped after army base tank ... Best wishes to the boys injured in the service of their country. more
- Who's Paying??? on Craig Thomson MP faces 19 extra charges I've never ever known of a court case to drag on for so many years. Are we the taxpayer paying his bills? more
- Jillian on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Another stabbing in the community, but if this case is going to toughen up our legal finding's on stabbing cases then I ... more
- Jillian on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... If only dog's could talk! God bless the both of you. more
- mandy on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... Something good came out of something so bad. Amazing how that little dog survived. more
- Gerard on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Assistant Commissioner Robert Hill is yet again 'over the hill'.I take it he wants to make his job even easier than it ... more
- KNOW-ALL COPPER on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... ANOTHER CASE OF A GEN X COP, SUSS AT THAT, TALKING DOWN TO THE GENERATION BELOW HIM.NOTHING IS NEW HERE. THIS AGE GROUP X ... more
- Pj on Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay ... Rudd changed his mind? Like he did on the Spill leaving his mates high and dry? Note for us: Lets not give him an ... more
- Greg on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... And this fool was in charge of young AFL players futures.What a role model,not more
- Greg on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... What a huge con the .05 system is.It tells people you can drink & drive but not over that limit.Why not have a zero limit ... more
- Sarah on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... As a current green P-plater with no desire to ever drive after having even one drink, this doesn't bother me at all... If it ... more
- mylene on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... The Nanny State lives!! more
- Jillian on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... How about having a number plate H for hoon or D for drink driver. Let these unstable driver's be known to the motorist on ... more
- robynne on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... I would say till 21,also they should have defencive driving classes at school! more
- stuart on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Why not increase P plate age by 1 year every second year and closely monitor accident results. Evidenced based rules/law ... more
- Joseph Richmond on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... So, why a big Deal? Ugly is still ugly, right? more
- Harry Brown on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Question is was the baby Ugly or not?If it was then what's the fuss? more
- bushiepete on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... wow most nsw rugby players are ugly and have no necks i guess the babys the same ?? dident see it at least i will sleep ... more
- Jan on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... I probably only watch a couple of hours of TV in a week now, programming is absolute garbage, I loathe every so called ... more
‘Kew Dancing Man’ passes away
Eastern Suburbs icon Robin Madden, better known as ‘The Kew Dancing Man’, has sadly passed away.
Robin, who could regularly be seen grooving on a corner of the Kew Junction, became a local legend with his high kicks, big hand waves and eccentric dancing techniques.
‘The Kew Dancing Man’ would regularly take up his spot on the corner where passers-by would toot and wave in support of the lovable local, cheering up many a red-light wait.
Robin told the Herald Sun in 2007 that he danced because ‘it makes me happy’
‘People blow their horns at me and the coppers put their sirens on for me. They know me pretty well around here - I've been in Kew all my life’ Robin said.
Prague House in Cotham Road, where Robin lived for almost 10 years, say Robin passed away on Saturday at the age 67 after a battle with cancer.
He will be missed.
You can leave your tributes to Robin below.
If you're driving through Kew Junction today make sure you send out a 'toot' for the 'Kew Dancing Man'. RIP Robin: bit.ly/L1PKgW— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) June 1, 2012
The dancing man was a icon and always made our day brighter when stuck in traffic or running late... I'm sure he is dancing his way too them pearly gates... Rip buddyBus driver Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 9:35 AM
Left the area over 20 years ago but carry fond memories of our chats on the tram and bus and your days as the bike man. Your gentle nature and zest for life was an inspiration. Rest in peace Robin, you made the world a better place.Lee Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 7:07 AM
I think the pub should rename itself THE DANCING MANKimberley Clemens Monday 4 June, 2012 - 4:24 PM
How about a neon dancing man above the pub at Kew junction as a lasting tribute to Robin. It would become folklore just like the skipping girl and a great story for the agesPaul Stevens Monday 4 June, 2012 - 11:57 AM
Our neighborhood will never be the same without you Robin. Thanks for the lovely happy memories. This world really needs more people like you in it and it is amazing the impact you have had on many peoples lives by simply smiling and dancing. I'll continue to 'toot'.... Thankyou!Harley Sunday 3 June, 2012 - 11:37 PM
RIP Robin. Seeing you dance always brought a smile. Getting to know you and the joy dancing brought you will not be forgotten. There should be more like you in this world.
A commemorative statue is definately in order.Bex Sunday 3 June, 2012 - 8:43 PM