- Serious head injuries in Hazelwood Power Station fall
- Footscray train station stabbing
- One person trapped after army base tank collision
- Craig Thomson MP faces 19 extra charges
- Essendon footballer in hospital after alleged stabbing
- Top five Melbourne cycling danger spots revealed
- Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing dog amongst rubble
- Tornado death toll revised to 24, including nine children
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Rod Evans on One person trapped after army base tank ... Best wishes to the boys injured in the service of their country. more
- Who's Paying??? on Craig Thomson MP faces 19 extra charges I've never ever known of a court case to drag on for so many years. Are we the taxpayer paying his bills? more
- Jillian on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Another stabbing in the community, but if this case is going to toughen up our legal finding's on stabbing cases then I ... more
- Jillian on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... If only dog's could talk! God bless the both of you. more
- mandy on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... Something good came out of something so bad. Amazing how that little dog survived. more
- Gerard on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Assistant Commissioner Robert Hill is yet again 'over the hill'.I take it he wants to make his job even easier than it ... more
- KNOW-ALL COPPER on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... ANOTHER CASE OF A GEN X COP, SUSS AT THAT, TALKING DOWN TO THE GENERATION BELOW HIM.NOTHING IS NEW HERE. THIS AGE GROUP X ... more
- Pj on Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay ... Rudd changed his mind? Like he did on the Spill leaving his mates high and dry? Note for us: Lets not give him an ... more
- Greg on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... And this fool was in charge of young AFL players futures.What a role model,not more
- Greg on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... What a huge con the .05 system is.It tells people you can drink & drive but not over that limit.Why not have a zero limit ... more
- Sarah on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... As a current green P-plater with no desire to ever drive after having even one drink, this doesn't bother me at all... If it ... more
- mylene on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... The Nanny State lives!! more
- Jillian on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... How about having a number plate H for hoon or D for drink driver. Let these unstable driver's be known to the motorist on ... more
- robynne on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... I would say till 21,also they should have defencive driving classes at school! more
- stuart on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Why not increase P plate age by 1 year every second year and closely monitor accident results. Evidenced based rules/law ... more
- Joseph Richmond on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... So, why a big Deal? Ugly is still ugly, right? more
- Harry Brown on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Question is was the baby Ugly or not?If it was then what's the fuss? more
- bushiepete on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... wow most nsw rugby players are ugly and have no necks i guess the babys the same ?? dident see it at least i will sleep ... more
- Jan on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... I probably only watch a couple of hours of TV in a week now, programming is absolute garbage, I loathe every so called ... more
- Sinbad on Narre Warren homes damaged after Ford ... Dg, it was widely reported in numerous media outlets that the victims were "known to police". 1 + 1 usually equals 2 mate! more
Latest poll a 'nail in the coffin'
The Gillard Government says it's taking no notice of opinion polls because the public isn't interested in them.
There's fresh leadership speculation on the back of the latest poll which shows Labor's primary vote has slipped to 31 percent and Tony Abbott as the preferred Prime Minister.
Neil Mitchell said this poll is the 'nail in the coffin' for Gillard and it just shows her misogyny speech late last year was a desperate measure.
"That absurd attack that Abbott is a misogynist didn't work. The public is too smart for that. You can accuse him of many things, but being a misogynist isn't one of them," Neil said.
3AW Federal Canberra Reporter Michael Pachi said even if Labor switches to Kevin Rudd, it won't be enough to win the September election.
"I think Rudd knows that too, deep down he's enjoying his role as a bit of a stirrer and that's all he'll be," Pachi said.
Meanwhile, MP Craig Emerson, one of Gillard's staunchest supporters, told reporters this morning Gillard 'will be competitive at the election,' a far cry from the confidence he displayed only a few months ago.
"What happened to 'will win?' It sounds as though Emerson has already given up on her."
PLAY: Michael Pachi from the 3AW Canberra Bureau
GRAHAM RICHARDSON: Former Labor Powerbroker Graham Richardson has told Neil Mitchell Julia Gillard's legacy could become the 'near destruction of modern labor.' "It could take up to 15 years for the party to recover from this," he said.
400K a year Mylene? Did Julia arrive on a boat under her watch?Graham T Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 4:51 PM
That is desperate to stay in Western Sydney. Reminds me of the pathetic attempt from Aussie Ball with GWS (gotta be the worst name or a sports team in the world, hey look Aussie Ball is finally mentioned in the same sentence as the world).Matt - proudly Un-Australian Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 2:24 PM
Mylene: Therein lies the problem. You and your socialist lefty mates think that is ok, but you are too thick to realise that we will be paying for her and her stuff ups for years.Milton Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 12:40 PM
Mylene, Gazza, Marco, and to all your pinko comrades, Sour grapes, you had your go and as per usual totally stuffed it up yet again.Paul Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:46 AM
Gillard with glasses ??hope she has re vision mirrors on them watching her back.Sooner the better.???IAN Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:09 AM
Thats the funniest thing ive ever read, Gillard not concerned about polls, she was banging doors down, to see the latest results. She must be well & truly cooked, from all the heat coming out of the kitchen.janetp Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:08 AM