- Victoria shivers through coldest December day in seven years
- Cricket Australia apologises for insensitive tweet
- Qantas to cut 1000 jobs
- Future of Heidelberg BMX track still in doubt
- 338 PSO fines wrongly issued
- Gold Coast Suns sack Campbell Brown
- Breakfast farewells Mal Walden
- Young hoon performs burnouts in front of cops
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
- Janet Saunders on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am sick of the 3aw dropping out all the time, I changed to chrome, but no better. I think I need to change radio stations, ... more
- Mick on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs Joyce has gone from trimming QANTAS to destroying it. It seems he is hell bent on making it fail. He is ruining one of the ... more
- Peter on Having issues streaming 3AW? Since you have updated the streaming side to 3AW I can no longer listen at work :( I can not change any browser settings as ... more
- Aria Judilla on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs These job cuts are brought to you by Qantas management. The same management who recently begged shareholders for extra money ... more
- paula wilcox on Cricket Australia apologises for ... Why have that Piers Morgan have any credibility. If he sets foot in England he will be charged with fraud for faking ... more
- paula wilcox on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs I am really sick of that CEO that they imported from Ireland. Send him back and fine him to give to the workers he has ... more
- Sinbad on Cricket Australia apologises for ... Same as Afro-American rappers using the 'N' word, same as an Italian calling another Italian a wog......Is this still racist ... more
- Blake on Cricket Australia apologises for ... yeah...not racist. more
- bretho on Cricket Australia apologises for ... Since when has it ever been racist for 4 Indians to dress up as Indians? I understand if it was 4 white people but this is ... more
- John on Cricket Australia apologises for ... I hope the person responsible for this tweet is removed from his position immediately. Very distasteful indeed. Does anyone ... more
- Lukew on Cricket Australia apologises for ... I would like to know what is racist about it? more
- simon on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am a Melburnian currently living in Cebu City Philippines. I am able (sometimes) to get audio but the studio video feed ... more
- Karly on Council calls off BMX track demolition I support Heath and his mates.similar thing happened to my boys in belgrave south. Every time the kids built a bike track ... more
- Pradman on Young hoon performs burnouts in front ... ....and he's allowed to vote more
- LynetteOZ on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden The consummate professional! You'll be missed Mal. Thanks for bringing us the news with a dash of humour where appropriate. more
- John on Having issues streaming 3AW? I run FireFox on win 7 and on Linux Mint FireFox. Install VLC. Shockwave and jvanjvan@plugins (latest levels)and it will all ... more
- Kirk on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden Well done on a great career mal, you were the one that go me interested in watching the news in my early teens in 1996, i ... more
- fiona on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden What a lovely man mal waldon is .lovely to see such emotion on the show tonight, wouldn't we all love to loved and ... more
- Gazza on Young hoon performs burnouts in front ... Surely the revenue cameras will stop this behaviour...... more
Latest poll a 'nail in the coffin'
The Gillard Government says it's taking no notice of opinion polls because the public isn't interested in them.
There's fresh leadership speculation on the back of the latest poll which shows Labor's primary vote has slipped to 31 percent and Tony Abbott as the preferred Prime Minister.
Neil Mitchell said this poll is the 'nail in the coffin' for Gillard and it just shows her misogyny speech late last year was a desperate measure.
"That absurd attack that Abbott is a misogynist didn't work. The public is too smart for that. You can accuse him of many things, but being a misogynist isn't one of them," Neil said.
3AW Federal Canberra Reporter Michael Pachi said even if Labor switches to Kevin Rudd, it won't be enough to win the September election.
"I think Rudd knows that too, deep down he's enjoying his role as a bit of a stirrer and that's all he'll be," Pachi said.
Meanwhile, MP Craig Emerson, one of Gillard's staunchest supporters, told reporters this morning Gillard 'will be competitive at the election,' a far cry from the confidence he displayed only a few months ago.
"What happened to 'will win?' It sounds as though Emerson has already given up on her."
PLAY: Michael Pachi from the 3AW Canberra Bureau
GRAHAM RICHARDSON: Former Labor Powerbroker Graham Richardson has told Neil Mitchell Julia Gillard's legacy could become the 'near destruction of modern labor.' "It could take up to 15 years for the party to recover from this," he said.
400K a year Mylene? Did Julia arrive on a boat under her watch?Graham T Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 4:51 PM
That is desperate to stay in Western Sydney. Reminds me of the pathetic attempt from Aussie Ball with GWS (gotta be the worst name or a sports team in the world, hey look Aussie Ball is finally mentioned in the same sentence as the world).Matt - proudly Un-Australian Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 2:24 PM
Mylene: Therein lies the problem. You and your socialist lefty mates think that is ok, but you are too thick to realise that we will be paying for her and her stuff ups for years.Milton Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 12:40 PM
Mylene, Gazza, Marco, and to all your pinko comrades, Sour grapes, you had your go and as per usual totally stuffed it up yet again.Paul Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:46 AM
Gillard with glasses ??hope she has re vision mirrors on them watching her back.Sooner the better.???IAN Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:09 AM
Thats the funniest thing ive ever read, Gillard not concerned about polls, she was banging doors down, to see the latest results. She must be well & truly cooked, from all the heat coming out of the kitchen.janetp Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:08 AM