- Rumour File: AFL faces legal fight with union and Record reporters
- Aussie MH17 investigators in the line of fire
- Breakfast in Glasgow: Ross and John's day of food
- Abbott softens talk on Russia
- Australian to face charges over Commonwealth Games village fight
- Drive-by shooting in Springvale South
- Carlton player Simon White charged by police
- Social media trails show ISIS link to Melbourne schools
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on On the road with Patty the poet cabbie Pat Mullaney now thats a good scots name??? more
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
Latest poll a 'nail in the coffin'
The Gillard Government says it's taking no notice of opinion polls because the public isn't interested in them.
There's fresh leadership speculation on the back of the latest poll which shows Labor's primary vote has slipped to 31 percent and Tony Abbott as the preferred Prime Minister.
Neil Mitchell said this poll is the 'nail in the coffin' for Gillard and it just shows her misogyny speech late last year was a desperate measure.
"That absurd attack that Abbott is a misogynist didn't work. The public is too smart for that. You can accuse him of many things, but being a misogynist isn't one of them," Neil said.
3AW Federal Canberra Reporter Michael Pachi said even if Labor switches to Kevin Rudd, it won't be enough to win the September election.
"I think Rudd knows that too, deep down he's enjoying his role as a bit of a stirrer and that's all he'll be," Pachi said.
Meanwhile, MP Craig Emerson, one of Gillard's staunchest supporters, told reporters this morning Gillard 'will be competitive at the election,' a far cry from the confidence he displayed only a few months ago.
"What happened to 'will win?' It sounds as though Emerson has already given up on her."
PLAY: Michael Pachi from the 3AW Canberra Bureau
GRAHAM RICHARDSON: Former Labor Powerbroker Graham Richardson has told Neil Mitchell Julia Gillard's legacy could become the 'near destruction of modern labor.' "It could take up to 15 years for the party to recover from this," he said.
400K a year Mylene? Did Julia arrive on a boat under her watch?Graham T Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 4:51 PM
That is desperate to stay in Western Sydney. Reminds me of the pathetic attempt from Aussie Ball with GWS (gotta be the worst name or a sports team in the world, hey look Aussie Ball is finally mentioned in the same sentence as the world).Matt - proudly Un-Australian Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 2:24 PM
Mylene: Therein lies the problem. You and your socialist lefty mates think that is ok, but you are too thick to realise that we will be paying for her and her stuff ups for years.Milton Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 12:40 PM
Mylene, Gazza, Marco, and to all your pinko comrades, Sour grapes, you had your go and as per usual totally stuffed it up yet again.Paul Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:46 AM
Gillard with glasses ??hope she has re vision mirrors on them watching her back.Sooner the better.???IAN Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:09 AM
Thats the funniest thing ive ever read, Gillard not concerned about polls, she was banging doors down, to see the latest results. She must be well & truly cooked, from all the heat coming out of the kitchen.janetp Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:08 AM