- Truck smoulders on Eastlink
- Gough Whitlam dead at 98
- Luke wasn't scared of his father
- 'We've got to get through to these irresponsible thugs'
- Wildlife sanctuary saved
- Salvos attacked by ice users
- Masters of their craft
- Man found dead in old nursing home
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Al Black on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Gough Whitlam's government was so bad it had to be sacked, and his legacy was to inspire Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard to ... more
- Phil on Teachers, students to protest together Its amazing the schools are encouraging their students to protest against 'children in the detention' but can't offer a ... more
- Bernadette on Teachers, students to protest together Catholic Teachings regarding Social Justice are very clearly set out, that ALL people regardless of who they are should at ... more
- Parent on Teachers, students to protest together A fantastic opportunity for young men to analyse & discuss the abhorrent detention of children who have a strong likelihood ... more
- Jack on Teachers, students to protest together I'm a student at st Bernard's college. Yesterday as protest was one that was derived from our colleges faith as Christians, ... more
- Turn it up on Teachers, students to protest together To everyone here commenting that this is disgusting and wrong and the students did not have a decision in the matter, Turn ... more
- Lina johns on Teachers, students to protest together Nice to see that we have young people in our community who have a heart and truly believe in humanity (children should not ... more
- Michael on Teachers, students to protest together I was a student at St Bernards.I couldn't be more proud. Well done boys and well done Tony. All you people having a whinge ... more
- Pedro on Teachers, students to protest together As a parent of a former 2014 St Bernard's College student, I congratulate Mr Paatsch on taking this leadership for the young ... more
- Sue on Teachers, students to protest together Disgusting that school teachers are allowed to infect our children with their views. more
- IBARKER on Teachers, students to protest together There is only one person that should their mouths and hands taped,that should be the TEACHER. more
- Flash on Teachers, students to protest together Brain washing, and the media doesn't. For your information and if you read the articles. Its completely option. I love ... more
- student on Teachers, students to protest together I am a student of the school in question and I can confidently say most of the opinions presented on this site are ... more
- jenny on Teachers, students to protest together when I was a kid at school my opinion was neither asked for or even valued. the issue of children in detention is so ... more
- Gloria on Teachers, students to protest together So typical of Catholic teaching, brainwash kids whilst they're young! more
- damien O'Neil on Teachers, students to protest together This bloke woukld have to be a member of the greens?? Doesn't have a clue and he is charge of teaching 1,400 students. God ... more
- Sarah on Teachers, students to protest together My son attends the school, we have had NO information, permission forms etc sent home, that said he want be going...doesn't ... more
- brad on Teachers, students to protest together You are all oblivious to the actual meaning of this protest. It is about social justice and simply not about politicising ... more
- Gazza on Teachers, students to protest together I would prefer if they were protesting against cuts to education and WORKCHOICES. more
- Elli on Teachers, students to protest together Peggy, you must not have been near a school for a while. Politics is most definitely a subject (a stand alone subject)in ... more
Latest poll a 'nail in the coffin'
The Gillard Government says it's taking no notice of opinion polls because the public isn't interested in them.
There's fresh leadership speculation on the back of the latest poll which shows Labor's primary vote has slipped to 31 percent and Tony Abbott as the preferred Prime Minister.
Neil Mitchell said this poll is the 'nail in the coffin' for Gillard and it just shows her misogyny speech late last year was a desperate measure.
"That absurd attack that Abbott is a misogynist didn't work. The public is too smart for that. You can accuse him of many things, but being a misogynist isn't one of them," Neil said.
3AW Federal Canberra Reporter Michael Pachi said even if Labor switches to Kevin Rudd, it won't be enough to win the September election.
"I think Rudd knows that too, deep down he's enjoying his role as a bit of a stirrer and that's all he'll be," Pachi said.
Meanwhile, MP Craig Emerson, one of Gillard's staunchest supporters, told reporters this morning Gillard 'will be competitive at the election,' a far cry from the confidence he displayed only a few months ago.
"What happened to 'will win?' It sounds as though Emerson has already given up on her."
PLAY: Michael Pachi from the 3AW Canberra Bureau
GRAHAM RICHARDSON: Former Labor Powerbroker Graham Richardson has told Neil Mitchell Julia Gillard's legacy could become the 'near destruction of modern labor.' "It could take up to 15 years for the party to recover from this," he said.
400K a year Mylene? Did Julia arrive on a boat under her watch?Graham T Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 4:51 PM
That is desperate to stay in Western Sydney. Reminds me of the pathetic attempt from Aussie Ball with GWS (gotta be the worst name or a sports team in the world, hey look Aussie Ball is finally mentioned in the same sentence as the world).Matt - proudly Un-Australian Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 2:24 PM
Mylene: Therein lies the problem. You and your socialist lefty mates think that is ok, but you are too thick to realise that we will be paying for her and her stuff ups for years.Milton Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 12:40 PM
Mylene, Gazza, Marco, and to all your pinko comrades, Sour grapes, you had your go and as per usual totally stuffed it up yet again.Paul Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:46 AM
Gillard with glasses ??hope she has re vision mirrors on them watching her back.Sooner the better.???IAN Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:09 AM
Thats the funniest thing ive ever read, Gillard not concerned about polls, she was banging doors down, to see the latest results. She must be well & truly cooked, from all the heat coming out of the kitchen.janetp Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:08 AM