- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- I found the experience so deeply unsettling
- 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives'
- $400k fire at iconic St Kilda restaurant
- $350k gone in brazen copper heist
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
Latest poll a 'nail in the coffin'
The Gillard Government says it's taking no notice of opinion polls because the public isn't interested in them.
There's fresh leadership speculation on the back of the latest poll which shows Labor's primary vote has slipped to 31 percent and Tony Abbott as the preferred Prime Minister.
Neil Mitchell said this poll is the 'nail in the coffin' for Gillard and it just shows her misogyny speech late last year was a desperate measure.
"That absurd attack that Abbott is a misogynist didn't work. The public is too smart for that. You can accuse him of many things, but being a misogynist isn't one of them," Neil said.
3AW Federal Canberra Reporter Michael Pachi said even if Labor switches to Kevin Rudd, it won't be enough to win the September election.
"I think Rudd knows that too, deep down he's enjoying his role as a bit of a stirrer and that's all he'll be," Pachi said.
Meanwhile, MP Craig Emerson, one of Gillard's staunchest supporters, told reporters this morning Gillard 'will be competitive at the election,' a far cry from the confidence he displayed only a few months ago.
"What happened to 'will win?' It sounds as though Emerson has already given up on her."
PLAY: Michael Pachi from the 3AW Canberra Bureau
GRAHAM RICHARDSON: Former Labor Powerbroker Graham Richardson has told Neil Mitchell Julia Gillard's legacy could become the 'near destruction of modern labor.' "It could take up to 15 years for the party to recover from this," he said.
400K a year Mylene? Did Julia arrive on a boat under her watch?Graham T Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 4:51 PM
That is desperate to stay in Western Sydney. Reminds me of the pathetic attempt from Aussie Ball with GWS (gotta be the worst name or a sports team in the world, hey look Aussie Ball is finally mentioned in the same sentence as the world).Matt - proudly Un-Australian Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 2:24 PM
Mylene: Therein lies the problem. You and your socialist lefty mates think that is ok, but you are too thick to realise that we will be paying for her and her stuff ups for years.Milton Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 12:40 PM
Mylene, Gazza, Marco, and to all your pinko comrades, Sour grapes, you had your go and as per usual totally stuffed it up yet again.Paul Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:46 AM
Gillard with glasses ??hope she has re vision mirrors on them watching her back.Sooner the better.???IAN Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:09 AM
Thats the funniest thing ive ever read, Gillard not concerned about polls, she was banging doors down, to see the latest results. She must be well & truly cooked, from all the heat coming out of the kitchen.janetp Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:08 AM