- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Truck sinks into Prahran road
- 'He's been a huge success'
- Where has it gone wrong for Qantas?
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- I found the experience so deeply unsettling
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
Legal wrangle over Sportsbet ad
On Friday Sportsbet was contrite.
But it has been revealed the betting agency tried to fight against Victorian Government demands to get rid of a "grubby" outdoor advertisement.
The rugby ad with the slogan "Rooting for the Wallabies" depicting a wallaby mounting a lion in British colours painted on land near Melbourne Airport is being removed today.
Planning Minister Matthew Guy spanked Sportsbet on the Neil Mitchell program and demanded the ad be "ploughed in" within "four or five hours" on Friday.
A Sportsbet spokesman replied: "If we're told to plough it in, we'll plough it in."
But not before a legal battle, it appears.
Environment Minister Ryan Smith said the removal has taken longer than the government wanted.
"We hoped we could deal with the organisation in good faith," Mr Smith said.
"Unfortunately they got some lawyers involved, which tends to prolong things a little bit.
"But I'm glad to say just a few days later we are in the process of getting rid of it.
"The work to get rid of it started at eight o'clock this morning.
"It was just a very poor judgment in taste and common sense and I've very appalled about it."
LISTEN: Hear Matthew Guy deliver his scathing on-air spanking last week.
this roo is only doing what the govt has done to this country.bushiepete Wednesday 26 June, 2013 - 4:18 PM
How much did 3aw get to promote this advert? no one would have seen it until your presstitutes couldnt wait to show us.It is just another example of our moronic bogun Kulture.kelvin stace Wednesday 26 June, 2013 - 9:35 AM
Just maybe there are other matters we could be talking about. Such as the new cancer drug that should be on the PBS.titch Wednesday 26 June, 2013 - 8:55 AM