- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- Laverton home goes up in flames
- William and Kate avoid Melbourne on royal tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
Legal wrangle over Sportsbet ad
On Friday Sportsbet was contrite.
But it has been revealed the betting agency tried to fight against Victorian Government demands to get rid of a "grubby" outdoor advertisement.
The rugby ad with the slogan "Rooting for the Wallabies" depicting a wallaby mounting a lion in British colours painted on land near Melbourne Airport is being removed today.
Planning Minister Matthew Guy spanked Sportsbet on the Neil Mitchell program and demanded the ad be "ploughed in" within "four or five hours" on Friday.
A Sportsbet spokesman replied: "If we're told to plough it in, we'll plough it in."
But not before a legal battle, it appears.
Environment Minister Ryan Smith said the removal has taken longer than the government wanted.
"We hoped we could deal with the organisation in good faith," Mr Smith said.
"Unfortunately they got some lawyers involved, which tends to prolong things a little bit.
"But I'm glad to say just a few days later we are in the process of getting rid of it.
"The work to get rid of it started at eight o'clock this morning.
"It was just a very poor judgment in taste and common sense and I've very appalled about it."
LISTEN: Hear Matthew Guy deliver his scathing on-air spanking last week.
this roo is only doing what the govt has done to this country.bushiepete Wednesday 26 June, 2013 - 4:18 PM
How much did 3aw get to promote this advert? no one would have seen it until your presstitutes couldnt wait to show us.It is just another example of our moronic bogun Kulture.kelvin stace Wednesday 26 June, 2013 - 9:35 AM
Just maybe there are other matters we could be talking about. Such as the new cancer drug that should be on the PBS.titch Wednesday 26 June, 2013 - 8:55 AM