- One dead, four trapped after Great Ocean Road tourist bus crash
- Video: Bike smashes into car on Clarendon St
- Earthquake hits Greenvale, Epping, Lalor and Roxburgh Park
- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- Childcare system 'nonsense'
- Paul Dale, Rodney Collins excused from giving evidence
- Fog to cause Melbourne Airport delays
- Scissor bandit can't open cash till
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
- Marlene Gow on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' I wonder how Malthouse would've reacted if some other football identity spoke in that manner to his own daughter those few ... more
- kim on Victorian town's HIV scare Re the Dr Lester interview. It was said earlier in the morning - somewhere between 530 & 630 that the health professional ... more
- Faye on Young Aussies gored in bull run GO BULLS !! more
- Kevin on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' Good manners and decency cost nothing and go such a long way. Mick simply needs to be nice to people, it's not ... more
- Mark Ellison on Victorian town's HIV scare How does "coming into contact" with an HIV infected person, carry a risk? I presume the Health Professional isn't providing ... more
- Matt on Fans ripped-off by Tyson 'Meet & Greet' That is why I picked up the iron, him in the spa. more
- Amanda on Ice town: Victorian region's ... I know of a group of users in Neerim Sth. Folks should take a more loving stance on the unfortunate statement the journalist ... more
Leslie Camilleri pleads guilty to Prue Bird murder
The Bega Schoolgirl killer Leslie Camilleri has pleaded guilty to the 1992 murder of Glenroy teenager Prue Bird.
IMAGE: Prue Bird
The 13-year-old hasn't been seen since she disappeared from her Glenroy home in February 1992.
Camilleri's lawyer has told a number of court hearings her client admitted the murder but not in the circumstances police alleged.
Camilleri is already serving life without parole for repeatedly raping then murdering Bega schoolgirls Lauren Barry and Nichole Collins in October 1997 in a crime the Court of Appeal described as undoubtedly one of the worst examples of murder to be found in this state.
Pre-sentence submissions will be heard next year.
EASTERN SUBURBS: Detectives are investigating whether a serial sex pest targeting women in Melbourne's eastern suburbs has struck a ninth time. A 27-year-old woman has contacted police claiming she was indecently assaulted by a man in Camberwell.
Gee wiz didn't it take a long time 2 decades to sort this one out theres got to be something seriously wrong with the judicial system not good enough Punch and Judy of the Australian courts very backward it wouldn't happen in America.poptart Monday 10 December, 2012 - 9:01 PM
Its taken 20 yrs to finally get the answer that everyone involved knew anyway is there a way the prison officers can withdraw food on the quiet so he can starve to death. Its just a suggestion!mandy Monday 10 December, 2012 - 4:33 PM
I hope, when this bastard's time comes around, that he dies slowly, suffers horribly and is in abject agony until he draws his last breath!Sinbad Monday 10 December, 2012 - 3:30 PM