- Abbott softens talk on Russia
- Australian to face charges over Commonwealth Games village fight
- Drive-by shooting in Springvale South
- Carlton player Simon White charged by police
- Social media trails show ISIS link to Melbourne schools
- Ross and John in Glasgow: Heritage Day
- Robert Doyle: 'It's a mess, a gigantic error'
- Sex attacker assaults girl, 16
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on On the road with Patty the poet cabbie Pat Mullaney now thats a good scots name??? more
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
Liam Jurrah surrenders to police
UPDATE: Troubled former Melbourne player Liam Jurrah has handed himself into police a day after a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Without confirming Jurrah's identity, police said a 24-year-old man reported to police on Wednesday.
Media reports said Jurrah had attended the Elizabeth police station with his lawyer.
TUESDAY: A South Australian Magistrate has issued an arrest warrant for former Melbourne Demon Liam Jurrah.
The 24-year-old failed to appear in court today where he was due to face charges including assault and drink driving.
Two hours after his scheduled appearance time, the magistrate issued a warrant for his arrest, ruling police bail should be excluded.
The Port Adelaide Football club issued a statement just after 4PM, saying that Jurrah needs to focus on his life outside of football.
"It appears that complex circumstances in Jurrah's life away from football have prevented him from making the commitment required by the club.
"Port Adelaide has been genuine in its desire to help and has attempted to maintain dialogue with Liam over recent months, but it is clear that he now needs to focus entirely on the matters he is dealing with in his personal life."
Breaking: Warrant out for Liam Jurrah's arrest. Police bail excluded. He didn't show at Adelaide court today on charges of assault and DUI— Corey Norris (@coreynorris9) February 5, 2013
Liam is one very troubled person and I really think he needs to focus on his life outside football first. Knocking him and saying "Good" like one illiterate person is not going to help him. He needs help, I just hope he can turn his life around. Good luck Liam.Gary Thursday 7 February, 2013 - 9:10 AM
Another awesome talent down the pipes. Here's hoping Jurrah can turn things around. As a mature player his skills would / could potentially be amazingLocal Fat Kid Wednesday 6 February, 2013 - 3:31 PM
@Ozzie Pete Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 1:48 PM He is no longer associated with the Melb F.C so not thier concern wither he turns up or not.Ben Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 2:58 PM
GoodGazza Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 2:04 PM
It does make you wonder how a well known/popular sports person can fail to appear in court.
Surely the football club/support staff would have known of this court date and ensured that Liam attended.
It just makes you wonderOzzie Pete Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 1:48 PM