- Introducing Melbourne's newest baby elephant
- Baby Daniel 'gagged, tied, kept in a cupboard'
- Murder suspect in dispute over plaster work, courts hears
- Police hunting beach thieves
- Video: Shark in Port Phillip Bay?
- One killed in Wimmera Hwy smash
- 3AW fast-tracks historic Ashes coverage
- 'Livelihood' stolen while family slept
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mandy on Two murdered with kids in the house Nobody knows whether these people were innocent until its been investigated Kath and the article never mentioned what you ... more
- Kath on Two murdered with kids in the house Oh my God. Please tell me you did not put "domestic violence" in inverted commas when talking about the slaughter of two ... more
- marcel on Sign of the times? its common in Box Hill and Glen Waverley to see real estate agents advertising properties in Mandarin(chinese). My mother ... more
- Janet P on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What a disgusting low life. more
- Fat Controller on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Come on people itâ??s been around long enough by now I would have thought the constant whining would have subsided by now. ... more
- Roger on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Stupid system. I used my Myki the other day and noticed it had expired a month before (just after I previously used it)No ... more
- Sonya on Myki confusion forces closure of ... What I dont understand is why Myki passes expire? and why the complicated process of transferring credit from the old pass ... more
- Big Al on Myki confusion forces closure of ... This is like a really bad marriage. How long do you hang onto the disaster? At what point do you let go? I would suggest the ... more
- Joseph Logan on Two murdered with kids in the house I am just wondering if a FamIly Law Court decision had anything to do with this this " domestic violence"? Like, one man ... more
- john_at on Having issues streaming 3AW? www.australianliveradio.com provides a trouble-free steam of 3AW using Windows Media Player more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Was it $100K 'dead' or alive, or is this just a bleating somebody trying to evade justice yet again?Knowing our 'justice' ... more
- Gary on Myki confusion forces closure of ... MYKI was always a job for the boys and a way to milk the system for mates. When once I raised a question about long lunches ... more
- Auto Repair Tempe on Holden recalls 50,000 imported cars Driving holden barina is really amazing if we don't find any technical problem. I have bought 2009 holden barina since long ... more
- Peggy on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene.How long do we have to put up with you?A truly great man has died. Many could learn from him. more
- It's So Simple on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just cut your losses now. Re-instate conductors and staff at every station. Install cameras for extra security. I am 120% ... more
- Joyfull on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Sadly, he will probably be treated quite well here in our jail. This country looks after criminals far better than our own ... more
- Rod on Myki confusion forces closure of ... My car had to be serviced so was forced onto public transport. Had a charged Myki ticket in my wallet which was purchased at ... more
- Gazza on Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage ... 6 years what a sick joke...... more
- nik on Myki confusion forces closure of ... MET CARD was the best go JEFF KENNET Neil pressure the state government to make myki take daily tickets more
- Keith A Tudor on Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage ... I trust this mongrel dog gets floggings in gaol! However, he will probably be a "protected animal' in there - sadly. more
Liam Jurrah surrenders to police
UPDATE: Troubled former Melbourne player Liam Jurrah has handed himself into police a day after a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Without confirming Jurrah's identity, police said a 24-year-old man reported to police on Wednesday.
Media reports said Jurrah had attended the Elizabeth police station with his lawyer.
TUESDAY: A South Australian Magistrate has issued an arrest warrant for former Melbourne Demon Liam Jurrah.
The 24-year-old failed to appear in court today where he was due to face charges including assault and drink driving.
Two hours after his scheduled appearance time, the magistrate issued a warrant for his arrest, ruling police bail should be excluded.
The Port Adelaide Football club issued a statement just after 4PM, saying that Jurrah needs to focus on his life outside of football.
"It appears that complex circumstances in Jurrah's life away from football have prevented him from making the commitment required by the club.
"Port Adelaide has been genuine in its desire to help and has attempted to maintain dialogue with Liam over recent months, but it is clear that he now needs to focus entirely on the matters he is dealing with in his personal life."
Breaking: Warrant out for Liam Jurrah's arrest. Police bail excluded. He didn't show at Adelaide court today on charges of assault and DUI— Corey Norris (@coreynorris9) February 5, 2013
Liam is one very troubled person and I really think he needs to focus on his life outside football first. Knocking him and saying "Good" like one illiterate person is not going to help him. He needs help, I just hope he can turn his life around. Good luck Liam.Gary Thursday 7 February, 2013 - 9:10 AM
Another awesome talent down the pipes. Here's hoping Jurrah can turn things around. As a mature player his skills would / could potentially be amazingLocal Fat Kid Wednesday 6 February, 2013 - 3:31 PM
@Ozzie Pete Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 1:48 PM He is no longer associated with the Melb F.C so not thier concern wither he turns up or not.Ben Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 2:58 PM
GoodGazza Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 2:04 PM
It does make you wonder how a well known/popular sports person can fail to appear in court.
Surely the football club/support staff would have known of this court date and ensured that Liam attended.
It just makes you wonderOzzie Pete Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 1:48 PM