- Teenager stabbed amid armed hold up at Ashwood bottle shop
- Two men charged with eight counts of rape
- Rumour as tweet: NSW Waratahs' embarrassing post
- London: Two more suspects arrested following brutal beheading
- Elderly assault victim passes away
- Witness appeal following CBD hit-run
- Hazel Hawke passes away
- Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: Forbes
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mandy on Hazel Hawke passes away A strong and talented woman I admired her views. more
- Joybells on Hazel Hawke passes away Hazel Hawke was such a lady, well respected and loved & will be greatly missed.She truly was a gr8 Australian. more
- Anita Elkington on Hazel Hawke passes away A truly beautiful wonderful woman , so sad , more
- Matt - proudly Un-Australian on Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: ... Get real, she doesn't even like her own children, what sort of woman is that??? Money over your own kids, that is evil. more
- Schtang on Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: ... Gina Rinehart is only powerful due to her money - Julia Gillard is powerful due to her intelligence & integrity. more
- Tim Whiteside on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Hi Guys, I've been listening to the ABC for a lifetime but really had enough of Red Symonds who ,so self-obsessed ... more
- Rod Evans on One person trapped after army base tank ... Best wishes to the boys injured in the service of their country. more
- Who's Paying??? on Craig Thomson MP faces 19 extra charges I've never ever known of a court case to drag on for so many years. Are we the taxpayer paying his bills? more
- Jillian on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Another stabbing in the community, but if this case is going to toughen up our legal finding's on stabbing cases then I ... more
- Jillian on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... If only dog's could talk! God bless the both of you. more
- mandy on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... Something good came out of something so bad. Amazing how that little dog survived. more
- Gerard on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Assistant Commissioner Robert Hill is yet again 'over the hill'.I take it he wants to make his job even easier than it ... more
- KNOW-ALL COPPER on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... ANOTHER CASE OF A GEN X COP, SUSS AT THAT, TALKING DOWN TO THE GENERATION BELOW HIM.NOTHING IS NEW HERE. THIS AGE GROUP X ... more
- Pj on Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay ... Rudd changed his mind? Like he did on the Spill leaving his mates high and dry? Note for us: Lets not give him an ... more
- Greg on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... And this fool was in charge of young AFL players futures.What a role model,not more
- Greg on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... What a huge con the .05 system is.It tells people you can drink & drive but not over that limit.Why not have a zero limit ... more
- Sarah on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... As a current green P-plater with no desire to ever drive after having even one drink, this doesn't bother me at all... If it ... more
- mylene on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... The Nanny State lives!! more
- Jillian on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... How about having a number plate H for hoon or D for drink driver. Let these unstable driver's be known to the motorist on ... more
- robynne on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... I would say till 21,also they should have defencive driving classes at school! more
Liam Jurrah surrenders to police
UPDATE: Troubled former Melbourne player Liam Jurrah has handed himself into police a day after a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Without confirming Jurrah's identity, police said a 24-year-old man reported to police on Wednesday.
Media reports said Jurrah had attended the Elizabeth police station with his lawyer.
TUESDAY: A South Australian Magistrate has issued an arrest warrant for former Melbourne Demon Liam Jurrah.
The 24-year-old failed to appear in court today where he was due to face charges including assault and drink driving.
Two hours after his scheduled appearance time, the magistrate issued a warrant for his arrest, ruling police bail should be excluded.
The Port Adelaide Football club issued a statement just after 4PM, saying that Jurrah needs to focus on his life outside of football.
"It appears that complex circumstances in Jurrah's life away from football have prevented him from making the commitment required by the club.
"Port Adelaide has been genuine in its desire to help and has attempted to maintain dialogue with Liam over recent months, but it is clear that he now needs to focus entirely on the matters he is dealing with in his personal life."
Breaking: Warrant out for Liam Jurrah's arrest. Police bail excluded. He didn't show at Adelaide court today on charges of assault and DUI— Corey Norris (@coreynorris9) February 5, 2013
Liam is one very troubled person and I really think he needs to focus on his life outside football first. Knocking him and saying "Good" like one illiterate person is not going to help him. He needs help, I just hope he can turn his life around. Good luck Liam.Gary Thursday 7 February, 2013 - 9:10 AM
Another awesome talent down the pipes. Here's hoping Jurrah can turn things around. As a mature player his skills would / could potentially be amazingLocal Fat Kid Wednesday 6 February, 2013 - 3:31 PM
@Ozzie Pete Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 1:48 PM He is no longer associated with the Melb F.C so not thier concern wither he turns up or not.Ben Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 2:58 PM
GoodGazza Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 2:04 PM
It does make you wonder how a well known/popular sports person can fail to appear in court.
Surely the football club/support staff would have known of this court date and ensured that Liam attended.
It just makes you wonderOzzie Pete Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 1:48 PM