- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Liam Jurrah surrenders to police
UPDATE: Troubled former Melbourne player Liam Jurrah has handed himself into police a day after a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Without confirming Jurrah's identity, police said a 24-year-old man reported to police on Wednesday.
Media reports said Jurrah had attended the Elizabeth police station with his lawyer.
TUESDAY: A South Australian Magistrate has issued an arrest warrant for former Melbourne Demon Liam Jurrah.
The 24-year-old failed to appear in court today where he was due to face charges including assault and drink driving.
Two hours after his scheduled appearance time, the magistrate issued a warrant for his arrest, ruling police bail should be excluded.
The Port Adelaide Football club issued a statement just after 4PM, saying that Jurrah needs to focus on his life outside of football.
"It appears that complex circumstances in Jurrah's life away from football have prevented him from making the commitment required by the club.
"Port Adelaide has been genuine in its desire to help and has attempted to maintain dialogue with Liam over recent months, but it is clear that he now needs to focus entirely on the matters he is dealing with in his personal life."
Breaking: Warrant out for Liam Jurrah's arrest. Police bail excluded. He didn't show at Adelaide court today on charges of assault and DUI— Corey Norris (@coreynorris9) February 5, 2013
Liam is one very troubled person and I really think he needs to focus on his life outside football first. Knocking him and saying "Good" like one illiterate person is not going to help him. He needs help, I just hope he can turn his life around. Good luck Liam.Gary Thursday 7 February, 2013 - 9:10 AM
Another awesome talent down the pipes. Here's hoping Jurrah can turn things around. As a mature player his skills would / could potentially be amazingLocal Fat Kid Wednesday 6 February, 2013 - 3:31 PM
@Ozzie Pete Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 1:48 PM He is no longer associated with the Melb F.C so not thier concern wither he turns up or not.Ben Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 2:58 PM
GoodGazza Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 2:04 PM
It does make you wonder how a well known/popular sports person can fail to appear in court.
Surely the football club/support staff would have known of this court date and ensured that Liam attended.
It just makes you wonderOzzie Pete Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 1:48 PM