- 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla
- Exactly 7124 worms stolen
- 3AW Breakfast join hunt for stolen boat
- Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer
- Multi-car crash on Princes Highway
- Siege at Barwon Prison
- Dramatic resuce after Port Phillip boat collision
- Clive Palmer spits the dummy
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
- Jester4212 on New-age helmet design Is this the answer to more accountable cyclists? No. This will make it more dangerous for cyclists. You can guarantee ... more
- Lynne on New-age helmet design Hi Neil,I think this is a great idea not just for riders but other road and footpath users too! All too often as a ... more
- Colin Lacivita on New-age helmet design Good Idea especially with the rego on the back.I wish I thought of it. more
- Gabriel on New-age helmet design This looks ridiculous. And that clear visor looks like it could end up lodged in your eyes. more
- Miracle Rescue on Miracle rescue for trapped man Separate trucks and cars more
- Stephen on Miracle rescue for trapped man Surprised this doesn't happen more often to be honest. BRAKING DISTANCE between vehicles is just not observed by Melbourne ... more
- jgl Melb on Balme returns to Pies How much compensation will this cost Ed ? more
- Jester4212 on Two Melbourne Cup horses dead And what about the pain the animal had to endure up until this point? more
- Sinbad on Two Melbourne Cup horses dead People collapse and die in marathons on a fairly frequent basis and we don't hear the outcry, wringing of hands, tears and ... more
- bushiepete on 78yo spends 2 hours having spasms on ... yes there were a lot of happy people who had drugs, grog,to much fun time and need to be baby sat by the police and ambos.. ... more
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
Liam Jurrah surrenders to police
UPDATE: Troubled former Melbourne player Liam Jurrah has handed himself into police a day after a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Without confirming Jurrah's identity, police said a 24-year-old man reported to police on Wednesday.
Media reports said Jurrah had attended the Elizabeth police station with his lawyer.
TUESDAY: A South Australian Magistrate has issued an arrest warrant for former Melbourne Demon Liam Jurrah.
The 24-year-old failed to appear in court today where he was due to face charges including assault and drink driving.
Two hours after his scheduled appearance time, the magistrate issued a warrant for his arrest, ruling police bail should be excluded.
The Port Adelaide Football club issued a statement just after 4PM, saying that Jurrah needs to focus on his life outside of football.
"It appears that complex circumstances in Jurrah's life away from football have prevented him from making the commitment required by the club.
"Port Adelaide has been genuine in its desire to help and has attempted to maintain dialogue with Liam over recent months, but it is clear that he now needs to focus entirely on the matters he is dealing with in his personal life."
Breaking: Warrant out for Liam Jurrah's arrest. Police bail excluded. He didn't show at Adelaide court today on charges of assault and DUI— Corey Norris (@coreynorris9) February 5, 2013
Liam is one very troubled person and I really think he needs to focus on his life outside football first. Knocking him and saying "Good" like one illiterate person is not going to help him. He needs help, I just hope he can turn his life around. Good luck Liam.Gary Thursday 7 February, 2013 - 9:10 AM
Another awesome talent down the pipes. Here's hoping Jurrah can turn things around. As a mature player his skills would / could potentially be amazingLocal Fat Kid Wednesday 6 February, 2013 - 3:31 PM
@Ozzie Pete Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 1:48 PM He is no longer associated with the Melb F.C so not thier concern wither he turns up or not.Ben Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 2:58 PM
GoodGazza Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 2:04 PM
It does make you wonder how a well known/popular sports person can fail to appear in court.
Surely the football club/support staff would have known of this court date and ensured that Liam attended.
It just makes you wonderOzzie Pete Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 1:48 PM