- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Reward offered for information on Grandmother's murder
- Western Bulldogs dump cheer squad
- 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': Puneet
- Victoria shivers through coldest December day in seven years
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Simon on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just part of the legacy of Steve Bracks! I miss being able to ride a tram occasionally but its too damn difficult. I hope ... more
- Carole Campisano on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Puneet is only concerned about his own welfare right now,it's all about him.He hasn't considered the poor victim's ... more
- jason on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 A great man who can now rest in peace. As for Mylene, you really are a weird miserable thing. more
- jason on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Another ripper Labor project which was estimated at $400,000 yet turned out to be the world's most expensive ticketing sytem ... more
- Christine on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... I totally agree with Trent's comments. This person has a nerve carrying on about how he thinks he will be treated, when he ... more
- Lukew on Myki confusion forces closure of ... I am not surprised. Myki confusion is reducing the number of people using public transport, especially casual users and ... more
- Gloss on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 You must all know by now that mylene never misses an opportunity to slag off at Tony and the Libs. Yes a true lefty with a ... more
- Steve on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This gutless coward will be treated for what he is a hit and run driver and when there is a fatality he deserves to do time ... more
- Mark on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Oh Mylene - what a cuddly witty little lefty you are. Your lack of decency and judgement knows no boundaries. more
- trent on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... He won't be treated as a terrorist. He'll be treated as what he is - a coward and a reckless, worthless, uncaring killer. more
- Craig on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This man needs to take responsibility and face what he did... more
- JamesD on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Just watched Mitchell's interview with Nelson - have to say I was surprised he was chosen to do it but he performed well more
- William Griffin on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene never let a solemn moment like the death of Nelson Mandela to say something silly. The people have spoken wether we ... more
- William Griffin on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What you do you not get Puneet you pleaded guilty to a crime now you are to be held to account you scream I am be treated ... more
- mylene on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Ironic we hear about the death of guy who united South Africa while Neil 'interviews' the man who's divided Australia. ;) more
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
- Janet Saunders on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am sick of the 3aw dropping out all the time, I changed to chrome, but no better. I think I need to change radio stations, ... more
- Mick on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs Joyce has gone from trimming QANTAS to destroying it. It seems he is hell bent on making it fail. He is ruining one of the ... more
- Peter on Having issues streaming 3AW? Since you have updated the streaming side to 3AW I can no longer listen at work :( I can not change any browser settings as ... more
- Aria Judilla on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs These job cuts are brought to you by Qantas management. The same management who recently begged shareholders for extra money ... more
Lort Smith Hospital needs your help
An iconic Melbourne institution needs some help and to help all you have to do is pay your bill.
The Lort Smith Animal Hospital is owed 4-million dollars in unpaid bills over ten years and they're launching a recovery program to recoup the money.
CEO Liz Walker joined Neil Mitchell in the studio this morning with her mischievous pooch Macca.
Macca is one of many dogs whose owner had to give up for adoption because of high veterinarian bills. Three weeks ago Macca underwent life-saving liver surgery that his owner could not afford.
"Macca wants you to know that every dollar we recoup means we can help more dogs like him," Liz Walker said.
NEIL MITCHELL: Time to hit the kick for animals in Victoria.
A Victorian institution is struggling.
It does great work, does a lot of it for nothing.
But it is now owed around $4 million going back as far as ten years, owed $4 million by 10,000 people.
If you are one of those people, try to pay something.
If you care about animals, and believe it or not i do, we have to do something about this.
NEIL you and Macca looked so cute together, I think you should adopt him.....Kell Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 10:45 AM
I hope these people get many donations, they are wonderful compassionate people, the fact that they trust people to do the right thing and pay off the treatment they have provided, is a wonderful help to people and their pets, shame some people got their animals treated and stopped paying the bill. this makes it hard for people who need this sort of help again. and what a beautiful dog Macca is, I hope he gets a loving forever home. Please donate if you can afford to do so, a very worthy cause.Victoria Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 3:58 PM
I sympathise with Liz and The Lord Smith Hospital, I have previously given donations to them as I despise the RSPCA who only do anything if they are going to get publicity from it. I know this firsthand as twice we have called them re injured animals, not ours, and they didn't want to know about it. But this does highlight just how prohibitively expensive it is to have your animals treated by a vet.Willow Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 11:32 AM