- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- Police swarm on Bandidos club in murder investigation
- Council caught dumping waste
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
- Dennis on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... Apparantly Edihad is supplying food and drink to people affected by the fire. I hope they're not charging football prices. more
- Chris on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... With all the media and fire fighters the dock lands population must have doubled last night. more
- Chris on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Any smart person would have put a new seat on $20 at bunnings and when they leave put the broken one back on. more
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
Lort Smith Hospital needs your help
An iconic Melbourne institution needs some help and to help all you have to do is pay your bill.
The Lort Smith Animal Hospital is owed 4-million dollars in unpaid bills over ten years and they're launching a recovery program to recoup the money.
CEO Liz Walker joined Neil Mitchell in the studio this morning with her mischievous pooch Macca.
Macca is one of many dogs whose owner had to give up for adoption because of high veterinarian bills. Three weeks ago Macca underwent life-saving liver surgery that his owner could not afford.
"Macca wants you to know that every dollar we recoup means we can help more dogs like him," Liz Walker said.
NEIL MITCHELL: Time to hit the kick for animals in Victoria.
A Victorian institution is struggling.
It does great work, does a lot of it for nothing.
But it is now owed around $4 million going back as far as ten years, owed $4 million by 10,000 people.
If you are one of those people, try to pay something.
If you care about animals, and believe it or not i do, we have to do something about this.
NEIL you and Macca looked so cute together, I think you should adopt him.....Kell Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 10:45 AM
I hope these people get many donations, they are wonderful compassionate people, the fact that they trust people to do the right thing and pay off the treatment they have provided, is a wonderful help to people and their pets, shame some people got their animals treated and stopped paying the bill. this makes it hard for people who need this sort of help again. and what a beautiful dog Macca is, I hope he gets a loving forever home. Please donate if you can afford to do so, a very worthy cause.Victoria Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 3:58 PM
I sympathise with Liz and The Lord Smith Hospital, I have previously given donations to them as I despise the RSPCA who only do anything if they are going to get publicity from it. I know this firsthand as twice we have called them re injured animals, not ours, and they didn't want to know about it. But this does highlight just how prohibitively expensive it is to have your animals treated by a vet.Willow Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 11:32 AM