- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- Out-of-control driver smashes into Hawthorn home fence
- Labor leads election polls
- Body found after Mt Helen house fire
- You could be at home right now
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
- Ed Niemiec on Police put on high alert Well done Vic Pol!! more
- Jackie on Police put on high alert I hope both officers, recover well. Feeling very much for them, their families, friends and colleagues. more
- John Thompson on Police put on high alert our brave defenders of law and order once again probabley having to pay a price for just doing their job and what a job they ... more
Lort Smith Hospital needs your help
An iconic Melbourne institution needs some help and to help all you have to do is pay your bill.
The Lort Smith Animal Hospital is owed 4-million dollars in unpaid bills over ten years and they're launching a recovery program to recoup the money.
CEO Liz Walker joined Neil Mitchell in the studio this morning with her mischievous pooch Macca.
Macca is one of many dogs whose owner had to give up for adoption because of high veterinarian bills. Three weeks ago Macca underwent life-saving liver surgery that his owner could not afford.
"Macca wants you to know that every dollar we recoup means we can help more dogs like him," Liz Walker said.
NEIL MITCHELL: Time to hit the kick for animals in Victoria.
A Victorian institution is struggling.
It does great work, does a lot of it for nothing.
But it is now owed around $4 million going back as far as ten years, owed $4 million by 10,000 people.
If you are one of those people, try to pay something.
If you care about animals, and believe it or not i do, we have to do something about this.
NEIL you and Macca looked so cute together, I think you should adopt him.....Kell Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 10:45 AM
I hope these people get many donations, they are wonderful compassionate people, the fact that they trust people to do the right thing and pay off the treatment they have provided, is a wonderful help to people and their pets, shame some people got their animals treated and stopped paying the bill. this makes it hard for people who need this sort of help again. and what a beautiful dog Macca is, I hope he gets a loving forever home. Please donate if you can afford to do so, a very worthy cause.Victoria Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 3:58 PM
I sympathise with Liz and The Lord Smith Hospital, I have previously given donations to them as I despise the RSPCA who only do anything if they are going to get publicity from it. I know this firsthand as twice we have called them re injured animals, not ours, and they didn't want to know about it. But this does highlight just how prohibitively expensive it is to have your animals treated by a vet.Willow Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 11:32 AM