- Rumour File: AFL faces legal fight with union and Record reporters
- Aussie MH17 investigators in the line of fire
- Breakfast in Glasgow: Ross and John's day of food
- Abbott softens talk on Russia
- Australian to face charges over Commonwealth Games village fight
- Drive-by shooting in Springvale South
- Carlton player Simon White charged by police
- Social media trails show ISIS link to Melbourne schools
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on On the road with Patty the poet cabbie Pat Mullaney now thats a good scots name??? more
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
Lort Smith Hospital needs your help
An iconic Melbourne institution needs some help and to help all you have to do is pay your bill.
The Lort Smith Animal Hospital is owed 4-million dollars in unpaid bills over ten years and they're launching a recovery program to recoup the money.
CEO Liz Walker joined Neil Mitchell in the studio this morning with her mischievous pooch Macca.
Macca is one of many dogs whose owner had to give up for adoption because of high veterinarian bills. Three weeks ago Macca underwent life-saving liver surgery that his owner could not afford.
"Macca wants you to know that every dollar we recoup means we can help more dogs like him," Liz Walker said.
NEIL MITCHELL: Time to hit the kick for animals in Victoria.
A Victorian institution is struggling.
It does great work, does a lot of it for nothing.
But it is now owed around $4 million going back as far as ten years, owed $4 million by 10,000 people.
If you are one of those people, try to pay something.
If you care about animals, and believe it or not i do, we have to do something about this.
NEIL you and Macca looked so cute together, I think you should adopt him.....Kell Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 10:45 AM
I hope these people get many donations, they are wonderful compassionate people, the fact that they trust people to do the right thing and pay off the treatment they have provided, is a wonderful help to people and their pets, shame some people got their animals treated and stopped paying the bill. this makes it hard for people who need this sort of help again. and what a beautiful dog Macca is, I hope he gets a loving forever home. Please donate if you can afford to do so, a very worthy cause.Victoria Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 3:58 PM
I sympathise with Liz and The Lord Smith Hospital, I have previously given donations to them as I despise the RSPCA who only do anything if they are going to get publicity from it. I know this firsthand as twice we have called them re injured animals, not ours, and they didn't want to know about it. But this does highlight just how prohibitively expensive it is to have your animals treated by a vet.Willow Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 11:32 AM