- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- A letter from the chaos
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Lort Smith Hospital needs your help
An iconic Melbourne institution needs some help and to help all you have to do is pay your bill.
The Lort Smith Animal Hospital is owed 4-million dollars in unpaid bills over ten years and they're launching a recovery program to recoup the money.
CEO Liz Walker joined Neil Mitchell in the studio this morning with her mischievous pooch Macca.
Macca is one of many dogs whose owner had to give up for adoption because of high veterinarian bills. Three weeks ago Macca underwent life-saving liver surgery that his owner could not afford.
"Macca wants you to know that every dollar we recoup means we can help more dogs like him," Liz Walker said.
NEIL MITCHELL: Time to hit the kick for animals in Victoria.
A Victorian institution is struggling.
It does great work, does a lot of it for nothing.
But it is now owed around $4 million going back as far as ten years, owed $4 million by 10,000 people.
If you are one of those people, try to pay something.
If you care about animals, and believe it or not i do, we have to do something about this.
NEIL you and Macca looked so cute together, I think you should adopt him.....Kell Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 10:45 AM
I hope these people get many donations, they are wonderful compassionate people, the fact that they trust people to do the right thing and pay off the treatment they have provided, is a wonderful help to people and their pets, shame some people got their animals treated and stopped paying the bill. this makes it hard for people who need this sort of help again. and what a beautiful dog Macca is, I hope he gets a loving forever home. Please donate if you can afford to do so, a very worthy cause.Victoria Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 3:58 PM
I sympathise with Liz and The Lord Smith Hospital, I have previously given donations to them as I despise the RSPCA who only do anything if they are going to get publicity from it. I know this firsthand as twice we have called them re injured animals, not ours, and they didn't want to know about it. But this does highlight just how prohibitively expensive it is to have your animals treated by a vet.Willow Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 11:32 AM