- Tornado rips through Oklahoma City
- Senior cop calls for young drivers to stay on P-Plate up to age of 25
- Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay marriage
- Man deliberately struck in shocking hit-run
- 'Better late than never': Archbishop
- Pair found guilty over Brunswick panel beaters defensive homicide
- Bag snatcher targets blind woman in Keysborough
- Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving with suspended licence
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... What a huge con the .05 system is.It tells people you can drink & drive but not over that limit.Why not have a zero limit ... more
- Sarah on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... As a current green P-plater with no desire to ever drive after having even one drink, this doesn't bother me at all... If it ... more
- mylene on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... The Nanny State lives!! more
- Jillian on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... How about having a number plate H for hoon or D for drink driver. Let these unstable driver's be known to the motorist on ... more
- robynne on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... I would say till 21,also they should have defencive driving classes at school! more
- stuart on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Why not increase P plate age by 1 year every second year and closely monitor accident results. Evidenced based rules/law ... more
- Jenny on Bag snatcher targets blind woman in ... Welcome to the new Australia! We are on our way down under the lowest of the lowest. We are so full of ourselves and the ... more
- Trent on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... get over it ! they never called the baby ugly ! the nrl footy show is much better tv then our afl footy show !@ if this is ... more
- IAN on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... If I was the NRL Show I would tell the parents to have a good look at themselves and take a COLD shower. more
- JamesD on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... The Footy Show in Melbourne and Sydney is a disgrace. Newman for years has behaved so poorly with his humiliation of people ... more
- jgl Melb on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... Despite any and all efforts to the contrary, an idiot,especially those of the arrogant genre,will never be educated. more
- Peggy on Bag snatcher targets blind woman in ... What a pity that the person witnessing this did not take note of the rego.What sort of a low life would do this? Cowards ... more
- Paddy on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... I can just hear the Judge seeking guidance from the Chief Judge how "ugly" might be determined and after much back and forth ... more
- Willow on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Hang on here, believe it was a friend who sent this to the NRL Footy Sshow. Perhaps the family should be pointing their ire ... more
- Mal on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... That what happens when you put photo's on facebook, it a public forum and anybody who puts anything on it deserves the ... more
- Aria Judilla on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Poor kid has no hope in life anyway - his parents watch the footy show. more
- Robert Rich on Cleveland's Charles Ramsey Songified God Bless You Man more
- linda on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... This is poo TV at its best more
- steve on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... We need a train to go to the airport but city link gets looked after very well wake up victoria more
- Frank on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... TRUCKS GOING THROUGH TRAIN CROSSINGS WHILE THE BOOM GATES ARE DOWN TRUCKS ARE ALLWAYS IN RUSH.. PETROL TANKERS ROLLING OVER ... more
Man bashed with hammer
A man is fighting for his life in hospital after he was bashed in the head with a hammer during a home invasion in Gippsland overnight.
The 42-year-old victim managed to alert neighbours in Moe before he was flown to The Alfred hospital in a critical condition.
A Victoria Police spokesman said the man was at a home in Dinwoodie Drive with family and friends when a man knocked on the door about 10pm.
An argument broke out between the pair before the visitor opened the unlocked security door and went inside.
He allegedly got out a hammer and started hitting the victim around the head with the weapon.
The police spokesman said the victim escaped from the house and sought refuge with neighbours, who called emergency services.
Police arrived a short time later and arrested a 45-year-old Morwell man, who is being questioned by police.
MORE ROAD RAGE: A former Australian motorcycle champion has been the victim of a road-rage incident in Melbourne's outer south-east. Andrew Pitt tells Neil Mitchell the shocking story here. Listen and have your say.
That's all good in theory, but I'd have security fears in my mind always if I knew everyone had a shotgun stored away in their homes.Shinzu Yujiaki Thursday 9 February, 2012 - 9:50 AM
When will the government give us the means to protect ourselves in our own homes? Do they really think Triple-0 would've saved this man? Man come to door wanting to flog you with a hammer. home owner produces shotgun - probably doesnt even NEED to shoot. Argument over.Leigh Wednesday 8 February, 2012 - 12:12 PM