- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- I found the experience so deeply unsettling
- 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives'
- $400k fire at iconic St Kilda restaurant
- $350k gone in brazen copper heist
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
Man bashed with hammer
A man is fighting for his life in hospital after he was bashed in the head with a hammer during a home invasion in Gippsland overnight.
The 42-year-old victim managed to alert neighbours in Moe before he was flown to The Alfred hospital in a critical condition.
A Victoria Police spokesman said the man was at a home in Dinwoodie Drive with family and friends when a man knocked on the door about 10pm.
An argument broke out between the pair before the visitor opened the unlocked security door and went inside.
He allegedly got out a hammer and started hitting the victim around the head with the weapon.
The police spokesman said the victim escaped from the house and sought refuge with neighbours, who called emergency services.
Police arrived a short time later and arrested a 45-year-old Morwell man, who is being questioned by police.
MORE ROAD RAGE: A former Australian motorcycle champion has been the victim of a road-rage incident in Melbourne's outer south-east. Andrew Pitt tells Neil Mitchell the shocking story here. Listen and have your say.
That's all good in theory, but I'd have security fears in my mind always if I knew everyone had a shotgun stored away in their homes.Shinzu Yujiaki Thursday 9 February, 2012 - 9:50 AM
When will the government give us the means to protect ourselves in our own homes? Do they really think Triple-0 would've saved this man? Man come to door wanting to flog you with a hammer. home owner produces shotgun - probably doesnt even NEED to shoot. Argument over.Leigh Wednesday 8 February, 2012 - 12:12 PM