- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Man charged over smart meter shock
An electrician has been charged over the installation of a smart meter which caused a woman to receive an electric shock.
The woman from Highett sufferred the shock when she tried to water her garden in March last year.
Energy Safe Victoria Director, Paul Fearon, says the man faces up to $30,000 in fines for the faulty work.
The matter is listed for mention in the Melbourne Magistrates Court in March.
PLAY: Paul Fearon speaks to Neil Mitchell about the case
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
col, ted said he'd look into stopping smart meters. With $1 billion already wasted, I'm not sure it was viable really. Just face it, this was another Labor disaster. End of story.jason Wednesday 22 February, 2012 - 2:11 PM
smart meters should be stopped, it is plain to see they are a fire hazard, does someone have to die before Mr Baillieu relizes this, there is nothing wrong with the meters we have now.mark Wednesday 22 February, 2012 - 10:43 AM
I work at Jemena and have if 6 smart meter catching on fire and one of them given out toxic fume nothing has been done about it's all been swept under the carpetJemena Wednesday 22 February, 2012 - 9:15 AM
The smart meters they are pushing onto people, after a single death or even incident, should of been stopped and put under full review.Unknown Wednesday 1 February, 2012 - 8:15 PM
Why wasn't Derryn screaming about this guy not being named??Mylene Tuesday 31 January, 2012 - 8:11 PM
A house fire at Northcote last weekend as a result of a smart meter installation, as covered by the ABC, have you noted how many fires of late causes unknown, I see a cover up, why cant we insist installation is done by an A Grade Electrician. this is suppose to be a Democracy it is a disgrace.vickie forster Tuesday 31 January, 2012 - 7:28 PM