- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- I found the experience so deeply unsettling
- 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives'
- $400k fire at iconic St Kilda restaurant
- $350k gone in brazen copper heist
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
Man charged over smart meter shock
An electrician has been charged over the installation of a smart meter which caused a woman to receive an electric shock.
The woman from Highett sufferred the shock when she tried to water her garden in March last year.
Energy Safe Victoria Director, Paul Fearon, says the man faces up to $30,000 in fines for the faulty work.
The matter is listed for mention in the Melbourne Magistrates Court in March.
PLAY: Paul Fearon speaks to Neil Mitchell about the case
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
col, ted said he'd look into stopping smart meters. With $1 billion already wasted, I'm not sure it was viable really. Just face it, this was another Labor disaster. End of story.jason Wednesday 22 February, 2012 - 2:11 PM
smart meters should be stopped, it is plain to see they are a fire hazard, does someone have to die before Mr Baillieu relizes this, there is nothing wrong with the meters we have now.mark Wednesday 22 February, 2012 - 10:43 AM
I work at Jemena and have if 6 smart meter catching on fire and one of them given out toxic fume nothing has been done about it's all been swept under the carpetJemena Wednesday 22 February, 2012 - 9:15 AM
The smart meters they are pushing onto people, after a single death or even incident, should of been stopped and put under full review.Unknown Wednesday 1 February, 2012 - 8:15 PM
Why wasn't Derryn screaming about this guy not being named??Mylene Tuesday 31 January, 2012 - 8:11 PM
A house fire at Northcote last weekend as a result of a smart meter installation, as covered by the ABC, have you noted how many fires of late causes unknown, I see a cover up, why cant we insist installation is done by an A Grade Electrician. this is suppose to be a Democracy it is a disgrace.vickie forster Tuesday 31 January, 2012 - 7:28 PM