- VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick Samantha
- 'He was a precocious talent'
- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Geoff on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... With society up to its boots in politics and living in its own little world, this is what is really important. While we ... more
- Jennifer Williams on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I think that puppy knows she is there for a very special reason. Four tissues later and I'm still going. Such a sad story, ... more
- LisaJ on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Well done Neil and 3AW. Such a nice story after yesterdays news. more
- Helen on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I'm sure Pixie will bring a lot of joy to Samantha, Ashley and the family at this difficult time for them all.Kind thoughts ... more
- andy on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... hope young pixie gives samantha a distaction from the other things going onthe 3 aw community has restored my faith in ... more
- carol on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Driving while crying! kept looking across to see if I was not the only one, then a guy rang in and said he was doing exactly ... more
- paul on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Hi Neil I've just watched the video of pixie being delivered. I have tears rolling you are a legend!!! Christmas WISHES to ... more
- Heather on Phillip Hughes dead at 25 May the clouds wrap him in a blanket of love and the moon kiss him goodnight! Rest in peace young man! Much love to his ... more
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
Man donates $3000 to Erin's charity
The story of a brave 5 year old girl who fought and won her battle with cancer has inspired a generous donation.
Erin Toomey had chemotherapy every day for two-and-and-half years to beat her non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, taking her last treatment at the weekend.
Her school, Holy Trinity Primary at Eltham North, threw a celebration yesterday.
Kevin has told Neill Mitchell he was so moved he drove across Melbourne to present a $3000 cheque to the cancer charity Challenge through Erin's mother, Kathy.
Neil Mitchell arranged an on-air chat between Kathy and Kevin just before 9AM Tuesday morning
MONDAY: Erin Toomey has finally ended chemotherapy treatments and her classmates at Holy Trinity Primary school are celebrating and raising funds for her cause this morning.
"We've got face painters, fairies, you name it we've got it," Principal Vince Bumpstead told Neil Mitchell about the heartwarming event.
Program Reporter Seb Costello said the response has been so strong that 'Yellow Day' might just become an annual fundraiser for children affected by cancer.
LAST WEEK: A 5-year-old Eltham North Girl who has been enduring daily chemotherapy for over 2 years finally finishes her treatment this weekend.
Erin Toomey was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma when she was 3 and has been receiving constant treatment ever since.
“She has just maintained that positive attitude and I suppose it is just all she has known, so she has just handled it and embraced it really well” Erin’s mother Kathy told Neil Mitchell.
LISTEN BELOW: Erin and her mother Kathy chat to Neil Mitchell.
To mark this very special occasion Erin's school mates at Holy Trinity Primary School in Eltham North are organising a celebration and a fundraiser.
On Monday the students at the School will all wear Yellow to help build awareness and raise funds for ‘Challenge’ who provide much needed support for children affected by cancer.
Neil Mitchell has asked for your help in providing anything 'yellow' to make the day as special as it can be.
If you have any ideas or can help out email email@example.com.
Beautiful story about prep girl who has had chemo for over 2yrs straight. Now it's over and the school throwing party. @3AW693— Justin Smith (@JustinSmith3AW) May 21, 2012
LISTEN: Erin and her mother Kathy speak to Neil Mitchell.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
RIP SHAUN: Our deepest condolences to the family of courageous teenager Shaun Wilson Miller who has passed away after battling a chronic heart condition. Neil Mitchell spoke to Shaun's Father, Cameron Miller, this morning.
Thank-you to everyone who helped this wonderful day. I was a part of the organising committee which was run by a selected group of Grade 5's. It was such a wonderful day to be a part of.
EthanEthan Rozanic Tuesday 10 December, 2013 - 5:37 PM
To all the generous listeners of 3AW that donated to Erin's special day and Challenge. We express our sincere gratitude. It was a day our family and the Holy Trinity community will remember forever.Kathy and Guy Wednesday 30 May, 2012 - 11:24 PM
Congratulations to all the children and families at HT! A great celebration was had by all. We hope you had the time of your life, Erin!Jackie Monday 28 May, 2012 - 7:11 PM
What a gorgeous little princess Erin is and what a brave young warrior Shaun is.The Beautiful Children Monday 28 May, 2012 - 3:49 PM
It was so fantastic to be a part of the "Yellow Day" fundraiser at Holy Trinity today. The spirit couldn't be damped by the weather. Students every where a buzz in yellow. Film crew from various media raising awareness for the need to maintain funds for organisations like Challenge who do so much for children with cancer, their families and siblings.
A day, also used as a remberance to those families who have unfortunately not experienced success in beating cancer.
Well done Toomey Family - a happy day!!!Melissa Gatt Monday 28 May, 2012 - 3:20 PM
I Have Friends Who Go To Holy Trinty And Who Have Told Me About Erin And I Hope She Is Happy And Safe Now! Love Sacred Heart Netball Club (SHNC)
Love You Erin - Stay Safe And Strong <3Grace Friday 25 May, 2012 - 8:09 PM