- Social media trails show ISIS link to Melbourne schools
- Ross and John in Glasgow: Heritage Day
- Robert Doyle: 'It's a mess, a gigantic error'
- Sex attacker assaults girl, 16
- Jim Schembri reviews: Hercules 3D, Mrs Browns Boys D'Movie and more
- 'Heads must roll, or the voters will roll you'
- On the road with Patty the poet cabbie
- Marathon hero, hamburger lover
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on On the road with Patty the poet cabbie Pat Mullaney now thats a good scots name??? more
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
Man donates $3000 to Erin's charity
The story of a brave 5 year old girl who fought and won her battle with cancer has inspired a generous donation.
Erin Toomey had chemotherapy every day for two-and-and-half years to beat her non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, taking her last treatment at the weekend.
Her school, Holy Trinity Primary at Eltham North, threw a celebration yesterday.
Kevin has told Neill Mitchell he was so moved he drove across Melbourne to present a $3000 cheque to the cancer charity Challenge through Erin's mother, Kathy.
Neil Mitchell arranged an on-air chat between Kathy and Kevin just before 9AM Tuesday morning
MONDAY: Erin Toomey has finally ended chemotherapy treatments and her classmates at Holy Trinity Primary school are celebrating and raising funds for her cause this morning.
"We've got face painters, fairies, you name it we've got it," Principal Vince Bumpstead told Neil Mitchell about the heartwarming event.
Program Reporter Seb Costello said the response has been so strong that 'Yellow Day' might just become an annual fundraiser for children affected by cancer.
LAST WEEK: A 5-year-old Eltham North Girl who has been enduring daily chemotherapy for over 2 years finally finishes her treatment this weekend.
Erin Toomey was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma when she was 3 and has been receiving constant treatment ever since.
“She has just maintained that positive attitude and I suppose it is just all she has known, so she has just handled it and embraced it really well” Erin’s mother Kathy told Neil Mitchell.
LISTEN BELOW: Erin and her mother Kathy chat to Neil Mitchell.
To mark this very special occasion Erin's school mates at Holy Trinity Primary School in Eltham North are organising a celebration and a fundraiser.
On Monday the students at the School will all wear Yellow to help build awareness and raise funds for ‘Challenge’ who provide much needed support for children affected by cancer.
Neil Mitchell has asked for your help in providing anything 'yellow' to make the day as special as it can be.
If you have any ideas or can help out email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beautiful story about prep girl who has had chemo for over 2yrs straight. Now it's over and the school throwing party. @3AW693— Justin Smith (@JustinSmith3AW) May 21, 2012
LISTEN: Erin and her mother Kathy speak to Neil Mitchell.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
RIP SHAUN: Our deepest condolences to the family of courageous teenager Shaun Wilson Miller who has passed away after battling a chronic heart condition. Neil Mitchell spoke to Shaun's Father, Cameron Miller, this morning.
Thank-you to everyone who helped this wonderful day. I was a part of the organising committee which was run by a selected group of Grade 5's. It was such a wonderful day to be a part of.
EthanEthan Rozanic Tuesday 10 December, 2013 - 5:37 PM
To all the generous listeners of 3AW that donated to Erin's special day and Challenge. We express our sincere gratitude. It was a day our family and the Holy Trinity community will remember forever.Kathy and Guy Wednesday 30 May, 2012 - 11:24 PM
Congratulations to all the children and families at HT! A great celebration was had by all. We hope you had the time of your life, Erin!Jackie Monday 28 May, 2012 - 7:11 PM
What a gorgeous little princess Erin is and what a brave young warrior Shaun is.The Beautiful Children Monday 28 May, 2012 - 3:49 PM
It was so fantastic to be a part of the "Yellow Day" fundraiser at Holy Trinity today. The spirit couldn't be damped by the weather. Students every where a buzz in yellow. Film crew from various media raising awareness for the need to maintain funds for organisations like Challenge who do so much for children with cancer, their families and siblings.
A day, also used as a remberance to those families who have unfortunately not experienced success in beating cancer.
Well done Toomey Family - a happy day!!!Melissa Gatt Monday 28 May, 2012 - 3:20 PM
I Have Friends Who Go To Holy Trinty And Who Have Told Me About Erin And I Hope She Is Happy And Safe Now! Love Sacred Heart Netball Club (SHNC)
Love You Erin - Stay Safe And Strong <3Grace Friday 25 May, 2012 - 8:09 PM