- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Reward offered for information on Grandmother's murder
- Western Bulldogs dump cheer squad
- 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': Puneet
- Victoria shivers through coldest December day in seven years
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Simon on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just part of the legacy of Steve Bracks! I miss being able to ride a tram occasionally but its too damn difficult. I hope ... more
- Carole Campisano on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Puneet is only concerned about his own welfare right now,it's all about him.He hasn't considered the poor victim's ... more
- jason on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 A great man who can now rest in peace. As for Mylene, you really are a weird miserable thing. more
- jason on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Another ripper Labor project which was estimated at $400,000 yet turned out to be the world's most expensive ticketing sytem ... more
- Christine on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... I totally agree with Trent's comments. This person has a nerve carrying on about how he thinks he will be treated, when he ... more
- Lukew on Myki confusion forces closure of ... I am not surprised. Myki confusion is reducing the number of people using public transport, especially casual users and ... more
- Gloss on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 You must all know by now that mylene never misses an opportunity to slag off at Tony and the Libs. Yes a true lefty with a ... more
- Steve on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This gutless coward will be treated for what he is a hit and run driver and when there is a fatality he deserves to do time ... more
- Mark on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Oh Mylene - what a cuddly witty little lefty you are. Your lack of decency and judgement knows no boundaries. more
- trent on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... He won't be treated as a terrorist. He'll be treated as what he is - a coward and a reckless, worthless, uncaring killer. more
- Craig on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This man needs to take responsibility and face what he did... more
- JamesD on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Just watched Mitchell's interview with Nelson - have to say I was surprised he was chosen to do it but he performed well more
- William Griffin on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene never let a solemn moment like the death of Nelson Mandela to say something silly. The people have spoken wether we ... more
- William Griffin on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What you do you not get Puneet you pleaded guilty to a crime now you are to be held to account you scream I am be treated ... more
- mylene on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Ironic we hear about the death of guy who united South Africa while Neil 'interviews' the man who's divided Australia. ;) more
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
- Janet Saunders on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am sick of the 3aw dropping out all the time, I changed to chrome, but no better. I think I need to change radio stations, ... more
- Mick on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs Joyce has gone from trimming QANTAS to destroying it. It seems he is hell bent on making it fail. He is ruining one of the ... more
- Peter on Having issues streaming 3AW? Since you have updated the streaming side to 3AW I can no longer listen at work :( I can not change any browser settings as ... more
- Aria Judilla on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs These job cuts are brought to you by Qantas management. The same management who recently begged shareholders for extra money ... more
Man donates $3000 to Erin's charity
The story of a brave 5 year old girl who fought and won her battle with cancer has inspired a generous donation.
Erin Toomey had chemotherapy every day for two-and-and-half years to beat her non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, taking her last treatment at the weekend.
Her school, Holy Trinity Primary at Eltham North, threw a celebration yesterday.
Kevin has told Neill Mitchell he was so moved he drove across Melbourne to present a $3000 cheque to the cancer charity Challenge through Erin's mother, Kathy.
Neil Mitchell arranged an on-air chat between Kathy and Kevin just before 9AM Tuesday morning
MONDAY: Erin Toomey has finally ended chemotherapy treatments and her classmates at Holy Trinity Primary school are celebrating and raising funds for her cause this morning.
"We've got face painters, fairies, you name it we've got it," Principal Vince Bumpstead told Neil Mitchell about the heartwarming event.
Program Reporter Seb Costello said the response has been so strong that 'Yellow Day' might just become an annual fundraiser for children affected by cancer.
LAST WEEK: A 5-year-old Eltham North Girl who has been enduring daily chemotherapy for over 2 years finally finishes her treatment this weekend.
Erin Toomey was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma when she was 3 and has been receiving constant treatment ever since.
“She has just maintained that positive attitude and I suppose it is just all she has known, so she has just handled it and embraced it really well” Erin’s mother Kathy told Neil Mitchell.
LISTEN BELOW: Erin and her mother Kathy chat to Neil Mitchell.
To mark this very special occasion Erin's school mates at Holy Trinity Primary School in Eltham North are organising a celebration and a fundraiser.
On Monday the students at the School will all wear Yellow to help build awareness and raise funds for ‘Challenge’ who provide much needed support for children affected by cancer.
Neil Mitchell has asked for your help in providing anything 'yellow' to make the day as special as it can be.
If you have any ideas or can help out email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beautiful story about prep girl who has had chemo for over 2yrs straight. Now it's over and the school throwing party. @3AW693— Justin Smith (@JustinSmith3AW) May 21, 2012
LISTEN: Erin and her mother Kathy speak to Neil Mitchell.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
RIP SHAUN: Our deepest condolences to the family of courageous teenager Shaun Wilson Miller who has passed away after battling a chronic heart condition. Neil Mitchell spoke to Shaun's Father, Cameron Miller, this morning.
To all the generous listeners of 3AW that donated to Erin's special day and Challenge. We express our sincere gratitude. It was a day our family and the Holy Trinity community will remember forever.Kathy and Guy Wednesday 30 May, 2012 - 11:24 PM
Congratulations to all the children and families at HT! A great celebration was had by all. We hope you had the time of your life, Erin!Jackie Monday 28 May, 2012 - 7:11 PM
What a gorgeous little princess Erin is and what a brave young warrior Shaun is.The Beautiful Children Monday 28 May, 2012 - 3:49 PM
It was so fantastic to be a part of the "Yellow Day" fundraiser at Holy Trinity today. The spirit couldn't be damped by the weather. Students every where a buzz in yellow. Film crew from various media raising awareness for the need to maintain funds for organisations like Challenge who do so much for children with cancer, their families and siblings.
A day, also used as a remberance to those families who have unfortunately not experienced success in beating cancer.
Well done Toomey Family - a happy day!!!Melissa Gatt Monday 28 May, 2012 - 3:20 PM
I Have Friends Who Go To Holy Trinty And Who Have Told Me About Erin And I Hope She Is Happy And Safe Now! Love Sacred Heart Netball Club (SHNC)
Love You Erin - Stay Safe And Strong <3Grace Friday 25 May, 2012 - 8:09 PM
i go to school with Erin and i am so happy for her and SHE IS SO CUTEnatasha Friday 25 May, 2012 - 5:44 PM