- Report: Man confesses to killing Bung
- Man launches petition to reel in violent ticket inspectors
- ASADA fines Dogs
- 3AW finishes 2013 with superb result
- Introducing Melbourne's newest baby elephant
- Baby Daniel 'gagged, tied, kept in a cupboard'
- Murder suspect in dispute over plaster work, courts hears
- Police hunting beach thieves
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- William Griffin on Man launches petition to reel in ... Daniel get a grip in your world everyone has rights but you forget about responsibilities and respect for authority and ... more
- Teyem on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Back when it was Metcard, we paid for our ticket and used it for the day and threw it out.. Correct?Now with Myki, aswell as ... more
- mandy on Two murdered with kids in the house Nobody knows whether these people were innocent until its been investigated Kath and the article never mentioned what you ... more
- Kath on Two murdered with kids in the house Oh my God. Please tell me you did not put "domestic violence" in inverted commas when talking about the slaughter of two ... more
- marcel on Sign of the times? its common in Box Hill and Glen Waverley to see real estate agents advertising properties in Mandarin(chinese). My mother ... more
- Janet P on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What a disgusting low life. more
- Fat Controller on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Come on people itâ??s been around long enough by now I would have thought the constant whining would have subsided by now. ... more
- Roger on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Stupid system. I used my Myki the other day and noticed it had expired a month before (just after I previously used it)No ... more
- Sonya on Myki confusion forces closure of ... What I dont understand is why Myki passes expire? and why the complicated process of transferring credit from the old pass ... more
- Big Al on Myki confusion forces closure of ... This is like a really bad marriage. How long do you hang onto the disaster? At what point do you let go? I would suggest the ... more
- Joseph Logan on Two murdered with kids in the house I am just wondering if a FamIly Law Court decision had anything to do with this this " domestic violence"? Like, one man ... more
- john_at on Having issues streaming 3AW? www.australianliveradio.com provides a trouble-free steam of 3AW using Windows Media Player more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Was it $100K 'dead' or alive, or is this just a bleating somebody trying to evade justice yet again?Knowing our 'justice' ... more
- Gary on Myki confusion forces closure of ... MYKI was always a job for the boys and a way to milk the system for mates. When once I raised a question about long lunches ... more
- Auto Repair Tempe on Holden recalls 50,000 imported cars Driving holden barina is really amazing if we don't find any technical problem. I have bought 2009 holden barina since long ... more
- Peggy on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene.How long do we have to put up with you?A truly great man has died. Many could learn from him. more
- It's So Simple on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just cut your losses now. Re-instate conductors and staff at every station. Install cameras for extra security. I am 120% ... more
- Joyfull on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Sadly, he will probably be treated quite well here in our jail. This country looks after criminals far better than our own ... more
- Rod on Myki confusion forces closure of ... My car had to be serviced so was forced onto public transport. Had a charged Myki ticket in my wallet which was purchased at ... more
- Gazza on Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage ... 6 years what a sick joke...... more
Man injured during attempted armed robbery in Epping
A 57-year-old man has been injured during an attempted armed robbery in Epping.
Police say a man approached the victim in the shopping centre car park on Cooper Street around 11:45AM and asked for a cigarette.
The victim obliged but as he went to reach for the cigarette the perpetrator made a further demand for money.
When the victim refused, the man then assaulted the victim with a 'razor-like instrument' causing a cut to the face.
The man rode off in an easterly direction, heading towards High Street, on a black bike with a distinctive high bike seat.
The offender is described as being Caucasian and aged in his 20s, with brown hair and a strong New Zealand accent.
He was wearing a dark jacket.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has further information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or www.crimestoppers.com.au.
MAP: Cooper Street, Epping
FIJI: The Department of Foreign Affairs has confirmed an Australian teenager has died in Fiji overnight. There are reports the 17 year old Queensland boy was in the country for schoolies celebrations.