- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
'Marzipan' the Astor Theatre Cat dies
If you've ever been to the famous Astor Theatre on Chapel Street in St Kilda, you would've undoubtedly seen a friendly calico cat wandering around the cinema.
Sadly, the feline known as 'Marzipan' passed away last week at the age of 21.
Tom Elliott spoke to Tara Judah, assistant to the Manager of the Astor, who said Marzipan was loved by both cinema staff and theatre-goers alike.
"It's been a really difficult week for all of us at the Astor. She's was suffering illness so it wasn't unexpected but still very hard to deal with."
Marzipan was found by staff 20 years ago and when nobody claimed her, the cinema became her home.
"She was found under a truck on Chapel Street by one of our projectionists. We took her back to the Theatre, she liked it so she just stayed."
A resident cat has always been a fixture at the Astor. Before Marzipan, the Astor Cat was named 'Magenta'.
"Nobody can remember the last time there wasn't a cat here," Ms Judah said.
"At least we can say Magenta will always be here in spirit, if not physically."
PLAY: Tara Judah, assistant to the Manager of the Astor
Farewell to Marzipan
We will never forget you Marzipan. R.I.P
ChrisChis Wednesday 10 April, 2013 - 4:27 PM
Tony, Others may be interested. Feel free to start your own radio show if you don't like the content.James Sunday 31 March, 2013 - 8:43 PM
The Tom Elliot show just goes from strength to strength doesn't it. If he is not interviewing his dad, he running stories about dead cats.Tony Tuesday 26 March, 2013 - 11:17 AM
Wow 21 she was obviously cared for by kind people.mandy Tuesday 26 March, 2013 - 9:58 AM
Farewell to Marzipan, mascot and resident of the Astor Theatre. Just as the greats of cinema from times long ago continue to live on the silver screen of the Astor , so too in spirit shall Marzipan forever be part of this most wonderful theatre.
Marzipan, we shall remember and love you always!Mark Tuesday 26 March, 2013 - 3:01 AM