- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- Laverton home goes up in flames
- William and Kate avoid Melbourne on royal tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
'Marzipan' the Astor Theatre Cat dies
If you've ever been to the famous Astor Theatre on Chapel Street in St Kilda, you would've undoubtedly seen a friendly calico cat wandering around the cinema.
Sadly, the feline known as 'Marzipan' passed away last week at the age of 21.
Tom Elliott spoke to Tara Judah, assistant to the Manager of the Astor, who said Marzipan was loved by both cinema staff and theatre-goers alike.
"It's been a really difficult week for all of us at the Astor. She's was suffering illness so it wasn't unexpected but still very hard to deal with."
Marzipan was found by staff 20 years ago and when nobody claimed her, the cinema became her home.
"She was found under a truck on Chapel Street by one of our projectionists. We took her back to the Theatre, she liked it so she just stayed."
A resident cat has always been a fixture at the Astor. Before Marzipan, the Astor Cat was named 'Magenta'.
"Nobody can remember the last time there wasn't a cat here," Ms Judah said.
"At least we can say Magenta will always be here in spirit, if not physically."
PLAY: Tara Judah, assistant to the Manager of the Astor
Farewell to Marzipan
We will never forget you Marzipan. R.I.P
ChrisChis Wednesday 10 April, 2013 - 4:27 PM
Tony, Others may be interested. Feel free to start your own radio show if you don't like the content.James Sunday 31 March, 2013 - 8:43 PM
The Tom Elliot show just goes from strength to strength doesn't it. If he is not interviewing his dad, he running stories about dead cats.Tony Tuesday 26 March, 2013 - 11:17 AM
Wow 21 she was obviously cared for by kind people.mandy Tuesday 26 March, 2013 - 9:58 AM
Farewell to Marzipan, mascot and resident of the Astor Theatre. Just as the greats of cinema from times long ago continue to live on the silver screen of the Astor , so too in spirit shall Marzipan forever be part of this most wonderful theatre.
Marzipan, we shall remember and love you always!Mark Tuesday 26 March, 2013 - 3:01 AM