- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Massive graffiti tribute to Jill Meagher
A giant graffiti mural has been sprayed onto the wall of the Forum Theatre in the CBD in memory of Jill Meagher.
The mural stretches 20 metres down Hosier lane and reads Rest In Peace Jill.
An unknown artist worked on the graffiti late yesterday.
A City Council spokesperson says Council will make a decision on whether it will be painted over at a later date.
IMAGE: The Graffiti in Hosier Lane (Twitter: @aideenblackwood)
MAP: Hosier Lane, CBD
Hoiser Lane was a forever evolving artwork.. you couldnt walk down there without seeing something new.. but now that huge tribute has erased all of that as well as any possibilty for someone to add their peice to that wall, imagine the outrage.. i'm not saying her death wasn't tragic but this mural is far too muchsarah - street art admirer and contributer Friday 12 October, 2012 - 10:19 AM
Denise you've got it wrong the guy doing the graffitti isn't breaking the law he is allowed to it is a graffitti wall take it easy.mandy Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 8:01 AM
Firstly Denise relax, Hosier Lane is a designated legal graffiti area so he won't be charged with anything :p
Colin the graffiti landscape in the lane, like everywhere else, is ever changing and not defined by perceived rules of taste. Things get written over all the time it's how it goes. If you'd been down there recently you'd know the majority of stuff up is rubbish. It's a far cry from how it was a few years ago.
Good on him for doing it.mick Monday 1 October, 2012 - 11:44 PM
With all due respects people need to settle down now with the flowers it just goes to show in Australia its a peace protest if it was the middle east there would be anarchy and chaos in the streets I'm not in the mood for peace.mandy Monday 1 October, 2012 - 7:42 PM
Tanya rasises a good point. A girl went missing in Kew at the same time as Jill and no one gave a shit.Harveyd Monday 1 October, 2012 - 6:55 PM
@ Tanya & Denise don't you know that you have to show more sympathy to those who the media tell you to, you can only mourn for Jill & the Aussie Ball guy who died in Vegas, probably due to booze or drugs or possibly both. Forget about the kids starving in Africa, or the women & children killed in war by our county to get more oil for the USA, it's only these 2 you may mourn until the media tells you who's next.Matt -proudly Un-Australian Monday 1 October, 2012 - 5:12 PM