- 'Thrill killer' Hemming jailed
- Homegrown terror risks by numbers
- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
Massive graffiti tribute to Jill Meagher
A giant graffiti mural has been sprayed onto the wall of the Forum Theatre in the CBD in memory of Jill Meagher.
The mural stretches 20 metres down Hosier lane and reads Rest In Peace Jill.
An unknown artist worked on the graffiti late yesterday.
A City Council spokesperson says Council will make a decision on whether it will be painted over at a later date.
IMAGE: The Graffiti in Hosier Lane (Twitter: @aideenblackwood)
MAP: Hosier Lane, CBD
Hoiser Lane was a forever evolving artwork.. you couldnt walk down there without seeing something new.. but now that huge tribute has erased all of that as well as any possibilty for someone to add their peice to that wall, imagine the outrage.. i'm not saying her death wasn't tragic but this mural is far too muchsarah - street art admirer and contributer Friday 12 October, 2012 - 10:19 AM
Denise you've got it wrong the guy doing the graffitti isn't breaking the law he is allowed to it is a graffitti wall take it easy.mandy Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 8:01 AM
Firstly Denise relax, Hosier Lane is a designated legal graffiti area so he won't be charged with anything :p
Colin the graffiti landscape in the lane, like everywhere else, is ever changing and not defined by perceived rules of taste. Things get written over all the time it's how it goes. If you'd been down there recently you'd know the majority of stuff up is rubbish. It's a far cry from how it was a few years ago.
Good on him for doing it.mick Monday 1 October, 2012 - 11:44 PM
With all due respects people need to settle down now with the flowers it just goes to show in Australia its a peace protest if it was the middle east there would be anarchy and chaos in the streets I'm not in the mood for peace.mandy Monday 1 October, 2012 - 7:42 PM
Tanya rasises a good point. A girl went missing in Kew at the same time as Jill and no one gave a shit.Harveyd Monday 1 October, 2012 - 6:55 PM
@ Tanya & Denise don't you know that you have to show more sympathy to those who the media tell you to, you can only mourn for Jill & the Aussie Ball guy who died in Vegas, probably due to booze or drugs or possibly both. Forget about the kids starving in Africa, or the women & children killed in war by our county to get more oil for the USA, it's only these 2 you may mourn until the media tells you who's next.Matt -proudly Un-Australian Monday 1 October, 2012 - 5:12 PM