- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- Police swarm on Bandidos club in murder investigation
- Council caught dumping waste
- Hughes in critical condition
- Woman swallowed by sinkhole
- Special pup for family's last Christmas
- Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
- Dennis on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... Apparantly Edihad is supplying food and drink to people affected by the fire. I hope they're not charging football prices. more
- Chris on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... With all the media and fire fighters the dock lands population must have doubled last night. more
- Chris on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Any smart person would have put a new seat on $20 at bunnings and when they leave put the broken one back on. more
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
Massive graffiti tribute to Jill Meagher
A giant graffiti mural has been sprayed onto the wall of the Forum Theatre in the CBD in memory of Jill Meagher.
The mural stretches 20 metres down Hosier lane and reads Rest In Peace Jill.
An unknown artist worked on the graffiti late yesterday.
A City Council spokesperson says Council will make a decision on whether it will be painted over at a later date.
IMAGE: The Graffiti in Hosier Lane (Twitter: @aideenblackwood)
MAP: Hosier Lane, CBD
Hoiser Lane was a forever evolving artwork.. you couldnt walk down there without seeing something new.. but now that huge tribute has erased all of that as well as any possibilty for someone to add their peice to that wall, imagine the outrage.. i'm not saying her death wasn't tragic but this mural is far too muchsarah - street art admirer and contributer Friday 12 October, 2012 - 10:19 AM
Denise you've got it wrong the guy doing the graffitti isn't breaking the law he is allowed to it is a graffitti wall take it easy.mandy Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 8:01 AM
Firstly Denise relax, Hosier Lane is a designated legal graffiti area so he won't be charged with anything :p
Colin the graffiti landscape in the lane, like everywhere else, is ever changing and not defined by perceived rules of taste. Things get written over all the time it's how it goes. If you'd been down there recently you'd know the majority of stuff up is rubbish. It's a far cry from how it was a few years ago.
Good on him for doing it.mick Monday 1 October, 2012 - 11:44 PM
With all due respects people need to settle down now with the flowers it just goes to show in Australia its a peace protest if it was the middle east there would be anarchy and chaos in the streets I'm not in the mood for peace.mandy Monday 1 October, 2012 - 7:42 PM
Tanya rasises a good point. A girl went missing in Kew at the same time as Jill and no one gave a shit.Harveyd Monday 1 October, 2012 - 6:55 PM
@ Tanya & Denise don't you know that you have to show more sympathy to those who the media tell you to, you can only mourn for Jill & the Aussie Ball guy who died in Vegas, probably due to booze or drugs or possibly both. Forget about the kids starving in Africa, or the women & children killed in war by our county to get more oil for the USA, it's only these 2 you may mourn until the media tells you who's next.Matt -proudly Un-Australian Monday 1 October, 2012 - 5:12 PM