- Victoria shivers through coldest December day in seven years
- Cricket Australia apologises for insensitive tweet
- Qantas to cut 1000 jobs
- Future of Heidelberg BMX track still in doubt
- 338 PSO fines wrongly issued
- Gold Coast Suns sack Campbell Brown
- Breakfast farewells Mal Walden
- Young hoon performs burnouts in front of cops
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
- Janet Saunders on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am sick of the 3aw dropping out all the time, I changed to chrome, but no better. I think I need to change radio stations, ... more
- Mick on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs Joyce has gone from trimming QANTAS to destroying it. It seems he is hell bent on making it fail. He is ruining one of the ... more
- Peter on Having issues streaming 3AW? Since you have updated the streaming side to 3AW I can no longer listen at work :( I can not change any browser settings as ... more
- Aria Judilla on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs These job cuts are brought to you by Qantas management. The same management who recently begged shareholders for extra money ... more
- paula wilcox on Cricket Australia apologises for ... Why have that Piers Morgan have any credibility. If he sets foot in England he will be charged with fraud for faking ... more
- paula wilcox on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs I am really sick of that CEO that they imported from Ireland. Send him back and fine him to give to the workers he has ... more
- Sinbad on Cricket Australia apologises for ... Same as Afro-American rappers using the 'N' word, same as an Italian calling another Italian a wog......Is this still racist ... more
- Blake on Cricket Australia apologises for ... yeah...not racist. more
- bretho on Cricket Australia apologises for ... Since when has it ever been racist for 4 Indians to dress up as Indians? I understand if it was 4 white people but this is ... more
- John on Cricket Australia apologises for ... I hope the person responsible for this tweet is removed from his position immediately. Very distasteful indeed. Does anyone ... more
- Lukew on Cricket Australia apologises for ... I would like to know what is racist about it? more
- simon on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am a Melburnian currently living in Cebu City Philippines. I am able (sometimes) to get audio but the studio video feed ... more
- Karly on Council calls off BMX track demolition I support Heath and his mates.similar thing happened to my boys in belgrave south. Every time the kids built a bike track ... more
- Pradman on Young hoon performs burnouts in front ... ....and he's allowed to vote more
- LynetteOZ on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden The consummate professional! You'll be missed Mal. Thanks for bringing us the news with a dash of humour where appropriate. more
- John on Having issues streaming 3AW? I run FireFox on win 7 and on Linux Mint FireFox. Install VLC. Shockwave and jvanjvan@plugins (latest levels)and it will all ... more
- Kirk on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden Well done on a great career mal, you were the one that go me interested in watching the news in my early teens in 1996, i ... more
- fiona on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden What a lovely man mal waldon is .lovely to see such emotion on the show tonight, wouldn't we all love to loved and ... more
- Gazza on Young hoon performs burnouts in front ... Surely the revenue cameras will stop this behaviour...... more
McDonalds staff and customers thwart armed hold-up
LISTEN BELOW: LISTEN: 3AW Reporter Yvette Gray speaks with a McDonald's employee who helped to restrain the bandit (He wished to remain anonymous)
McDonalds customers and staff have tackled a masked gunman during an attempted hold up at the Mulgrave restaurant this morning.
The masked bandit entered the store, at the intersection of Wellington and Springvale Roads just before 1 this morning demanding cash and ordered the two customers to hand over their wallets.
As the man tried to take the cash from the till he was tackled to the ground.
The five men restrained the man until police arrived 10 minutes later.
A 20-year-old Heatherton man has been charged with three counts of armed robbery.
He has been remanded in custody and will appear in front of the Melbourne Magistrates Court this morning.
UPDATE: The Neil Mitchell Program have reported that within the last year, 6 McDonald's have been the target of violent attacks on staff including robberies and bashings of young staff.
March 14 - Sydenham - Armed robbery
August 3 - Mt Waverley - Armed robbery
August 10 - South Melbourne - assault on staff member
August 15 - CBD - Assault on staff member
September 19 - Morwell - Violent robbery with a meat clever
IMAGE:The McDonald's Restaurant in Mulgrave this morning (Yvette Gray)
STREET VIEW: Corner of Wellington and Springvale Roads
Good to hear all the anti American sentiment on air today, lets blame maccas because their restaurant is open, hello.....there are businesses open everywhere in suburbs at night and they also get targeted by scum, a quick fix, close everything at 6pm...get real peoplemike f Monday 12 November, 2012 - 6:52 PM
Why is everybody blaming macdonalds and other retailers for these robberies. I lot of these robbers are doing this to get money for drugs. I am afraid that a lot of the younger generation (not all of them) dont seem to want to work, dont have any respect for their parents grandparents ( I am one) and any other authority.
and it will only get worsecarole Monday 12 November, 2012 - 1:04 PM
Excellent news. Good work people. Ironic though, because it's usually the Maccas staff who try and rob me. Tip, don't give them a $50 note or higher, because they'll pretend it was a $20.Jason Monday 12 November, 2012 - 9:42 AM
Outstanding! Big Macs, Quarterpounders and Super-size French Fries are the way to power, vigilantism and good health. Now Ted, let's get your super tough train bouncers onto Maccas.Ivan@kinnane Monday 12 November, 2012 - 8:54 AM
He should get a hamburger with the lot now. No fries with that.Jayson Monday 12 November, 2012 - 8:32 AM