- One dead, four trapped after Great Ocean Road tourist bus crash
- Video: Bike smashes into car on Clarendon St
- Earthquake hits Greenvale, Epping, Lalor and Roxburgh Park
- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- Childcare system 'nonsense'
- Paul Dale, Rodney Collins excused from giving evidence
- Fog to cause Melbourne Airport delays
- Scissor bandit can't open cash till
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
- Marlene Gow on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' I wonder how Malthouse would've reacted if some other football identity spoke in that manner to his own daughter those few ... more
- kim on Victorian town's HIV scare Re the Dr Lester interview. It was said earlier in the morning - somewhere between 530 & 630 that the health professional ... more
- Faye on Young Aussies gored in bull run GO BULLS !! more
- Kevin on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' Good manners and decency cost nothing and go such a long way. Mick simply needs to be nice to people, it's not ... more
- Mark Ellison on Victorian town's HIV scare How does "coming into contact" with an HIV infected person, carry a risk? I presume the Health Professional isn't providing ... more
- Matt on Fans ripped-off by Tyson 'Meet & Greet' That is why I picked up the iron, him in the spa. more
- Amanda on Ice town: Victorian region's ... I know of a group of users in Neerim Sth. Folks should take a more loving stance on the unfortunate statement the journalist ... more
McDonalds staff and customers thwart armed hold-up
LISTEN BELOW: LISTEN: 3AW Reporter Yvette Gray speaks with a McDonald's employee who helped to restrain the bandit (He wished to remain anonymous)
McDonalds customers and staff have tackled a masked gunman during an attempted hold up at the Mulgrave restaurant this morning.
The masked bandit entered the store, at the intersection of Wellington and Springvale Roads just before 1 this morning demanding cash and ordered the two customers to hand over their wallets.
As the man tried to take the cash from the till he was tackled to the ground.
The five men restrained the man until police arrived 10 minutes later.
A 20-year-old Heatherton man has been charged with three counts of armed robbery.
He has been remanded in custody and will appear in front of the Melbourne Magistrates Court this morning.
UPDATE: The Neil Mitchell Program have reported that within the last year, 6 McDonald's have been the target of violent attacks on staff including robberies and bashings of young staff.
March 14 - Sydenham - Armed robbery
August 3 - Mt Waverley - Armed robbery
August 10 - South Melbourne - assault on staff member
August 15 - CBD - Assault on staff member
September 19 - Morwell - Violent robbery with a meat clever
IMAGE:The McDonald's Restaurant in Mulgrave this morning (Yvette Gray)
STREET VIEW: Corner of Wellington and Springvale Roads
Good to hear all the anti American sentiment on air today, lets blame maccas because their restaurant is open, hello.....there are businesses open everywhere in suburbs at night and they also get targeted by scum, a quick fix, close everything at 6pm...get real peoplemike f Monday 12 November, 2012 - 6:52 PM
Why is everybody blaming macdonalds and other retailers for these robberies. I lot of these robbers are doing this to get money for drugs. I am afraid that a lot of the younger generation (not all of them) dont seem to want to work, dont have any respect for their parents grandparents ( I am one) and any other authority.
and it will only get worsecarole Monday 12 November, 2012 - 1:04 PM
Excellent news. Good work people. Ironic though, because it's usually the Maccas staff who try and rob me. Tip, don't give them a $50 note or higher, because they'll pretend it was a $20.Jason Monday 12 November, 2012 - 9:42 AM
Outstanding! Big Macs, Quarterpounders and Super-size French Fries are the way to power, vigilantism and good health. Now Ted, let's get your super tough train bouncers onto Maccas.Ivan@kinnane Monday 12 November, 2012 - 8:54 AM
He should get a hamburger with the lot now. No fries with that.Jayson Monday 12 November, 2012 - 8:32 AM