- Vale Hackforth-Jones, mainstay of film and TV
- SMS sparked David Warner's Twitter tirade
- Police search for missing paraglider
- CONTENT WARNING: Man king-hit in by mystery man
- Tony Mokbel loses appeal against drug trafficking conviction
- Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with Neil Mitchell over anti-boxing comments
- Tullamarine traffic chaos set to continue throughout evening peak
- Man in serious condition after gas bottle explosion
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- dan on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... Unfortunately when Neil comes out with 'ban boxing' it waters down what is a fair argument, that there should be more ... more
- David on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Great idea more trains and less trucks on the road. When was the last time you saw train do a delivery to a building site or ... more
- Turkey on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... To many bottom feeders in the road transport game these days. more
- Luke on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Thank God we don't have the East-West Link, otherwise traffic would be backed up on the Eastern as well!!!!!!! more
- Tony on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... What the hell is wrong with this society? Every comment is about blaming someone, blaming the government or winging about ... more
- Mad Rooster on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Checked Vic Roads app at 7.04am (30 mins after accident) and it says traffic on Tulla / Citylink from Brunswick Rd to ... more
- Jillian on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Why do things like this happen during the peak hour on any working day? more
- MAC on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Or your could try catching public transport....UH-no, wait, cant do that, would shrink our tiny manhood to much not to BE IN ... more
- Rumpole on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... More trains and rail freight and less trucks on the road! The 600 people on my train made it to work this morning and i got ... more
- david mccrossan on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Get facts right please. Its not a b double. Its a truck and dog. Used for carting sand gravel etc more
- Harry Brown on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Successive Governments fail to introduce sensible road rules like they have in UK.Trucks are only allowed in left two ... more
- Jim on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... What goes around comes around...speed, tailgating...hospital! more
- Josh on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Bofya: What an irresponsible comment! At least give the investigation a chance to assess the cause of the crash before ... more
- Dan from Wheelers Hill on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... @ Bofya Kinetiks.How about waiting to find out what happened before making stupid comments, you fool. As for 3AW, it's not a ... more
- Brian Tunstead on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Bofya Kinetiks did you witness this crash? If not, what gives you the right to automatically judge and assume the ... more
- Juy Legh on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament I have an autistic grandson. I doubt that he will ever get anything from this scheme. The proof will be in the outcomes, ... more
- Jim on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament She wasn't crying about anything other than how badly defeated she is going to be in September. September too far away! more
- Ben on Victoria's most wanted man, Graham Gene ... Well he has just been tipped off. more
- sara on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament I'm crying too Julia. Please. I'm in agony. Resign. Now. Don't wait until September. Your wonderful government has led me to ... more
- Polly on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament Julia Gillard would cry,lie,and knife you in the back to stay in power...what a piece of work more
McDonalds staff and customers thwart armed hold-up
LISTEN BELOW: LISTEN: 3AW Reporter Yvette Gray speaks with a McDonald's employee who helped to restrain the bandit (He wished to remain anonymous)
McDonalds customers and staff have tackled a masked gunman during an attempted hold up at the Mulgrave restaurant this morning.
The masked bandit entered the store, at the intersection of Wellington and Springvale Roads just before 1 this morning demanding cash and ordered the two customers to hand over their wallets.
As the man tried to take the cash from the till he was tackled to the ground.
The five men restrained the man until police arrived 10 minutes later.
A 20-year-old Heatherton man has been charged with three counts of armed robbery.
He has been remanded in custody and will appear in front of the Melbourne Magistrates Court this morning.
UPDATE: The Neil Mitchell Program have reported that within the last year, 6 McDonald's have been the target of violent attacks on staff including robberies and bashings of young staff.
March 14 - Sydenham - Armed robbery
August 3 - Mt Waverley - Armed robbery
August 10 - South Melbourne - assault on staff member
August 15 - CBD - Assault on staff member
September 19 - Morwell - Violent robbery with a meat clever
IMAGE:The McDonald's Restaurant in Mulgrave this morning (Yvette Gray)
STREET VIEW: Corner of Wellington and Springvale Roads
Good to hear all the anti American sentiment on air today, lets blame maccas because their restaurant is open, hello.....there are businesses open everywhere in suburbs at night and they also get targeted by scum, a quick fix, close everything at 6pm...get real peoplemike f Monday 12 November, 2012 - 6:52 PM
Why is everybody blaming macdonalds and other retailers for these robberies. I lot of these robbers are doing this to get money for drugs. I am afraid that a lot of the younger generation (not all of them) dont seem to want to work, dont have any respect for their parents grandparents ( I am one) and any other authority.
and it will only get worsecarole Monday 12 November, 2012 - 1:04 PM
Excellent news. Good work people. Ironic though, because it's usually the Maccas staff who try and rob me. Tip, don't give them a $50 note or higher, because they'll pretend it was a $20.Jason Monday 12 November, 2012 - 9:42 AM
Outstanding! Big Macs, Quarterpounders and Super-size French Fries are the way to power, vigilantism and good health. Now Ted, let's get your super tough train bouncers onto Maccas.Ivan@kinnane Monday 12 November, 2012 - 8:54 AM
He should get a hamburger with the lot now. No fries with that.Jayson Monday 12 November, 2012 - 8:32 AM