- Woman arrested over racist train assault
- Detective of the Year, Wayne Cheeseman, with Ross, John and Sly
- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- Out-of-control driver smashes into Hawthorn home fence
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- acetrim on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US Why do people who come come back from Ebola infested places go into quarantine we quarantine plants and animals more
- Linda on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US How hard would it be to quarantine people coming in from affected countries for a couple of weeks? Inconvenient yes, but ... more
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
- Ed Niemiec on Police put on high alert Well done Vic Pol!! more
McDonalds staff and customers thwart armed hold-up
LISTEN BELOW: LISTEN: 3AW Reporter Yvette Gray speaks with a McDonald's employee who helped to restrain the bandit (He wished to remain anonymous)
McDonalds customers and staff have tackled a masked gunman during an attempted hold up at the Mulgrave restaurant this morning.
The masked bandit entered the store, at the intersection of Wellington and Springvale Roads just before 1 this morning demanding cash and ordered the two customers to hand over their wallets.
As the man tried to take the cash from the till he was tackled to the ground.
The five men restrained the man until police arrived 10 minutes later.
A 20-year-old Heatherton man has been charged with three counts of armed robbery.
He has been remanded in custody and will appear in front of the Melbourne Magistrates Court this morning.
UPDATE: The Neil Mitchell Program have reported that within the last year, 6 McDonald's have been the target of violent attacks on staff including robberies and bashings of young staff.
March 14 - Sydenham - Armed robbery
August 3 - Mt Waverley - Armed robbery
August 10 - South Melbourne - assault on staff member
August 15 - CBD - Assault on staff member
September 19 - Morwell - Violent robbery with a meat clever
IMAGE:The McDonald's Restaurant in Mulgrave this morning (Yvette Gray)
STREET VIEW: Corner of Wellington and Springvale Roads
Good to hear all the anti American sentiment on air today, lets blame maccas because their restaurant is open, hello.....there are businesses open everywhere in suburbs at night and they also get targeted by scum, a quick fix, close everything at 6pm...get real peoplemike f Monday 12 November, 2012 - 6:52 PM
Why is everybody blaming macdonalds and other retailers for these robberies. I lot of these robbers are doing this to get money for drugs. I am afraid that a lot of the younger generation (not all of them) dont seem to want to work, dont have any respect for their parents grandparents ( I am one) and any other authority.
and it will only get worsecarole Monday 12 November, 2012 - 1:04 PM
Excellent news. Good work people. Ironic though, because it's usually the Maccas staff who try and rob me. Tip, don't give them a $50 note or higher, because they'll pretend it was a $20.Jason Monday 12 November, 2012 - 9:42 AM
Outstanding! Big Macs, Quarterpounders and Super-size French Fries are the way to power, vigilantism and good health. Now Ted, let's get your super tough train bouncers onto Maccas.Ivan@kinnane Monday 12 November, 2012 - 8:54 AM
He should get a hamburger with the lot now. No fries with that.Jayson Monday 12 November, 2012 - 8:32 AM