- Truck smoulders on EastLink
- Gough Whitlam dead at 98
- Luke wasn't scared of his father
- 'We've got to get through to these irresponsible thugs'
- Wildlife sanctuary saved
- Salvos attacked by ice users
- Masters of their craft
- Man found dead in old nursing home
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mandi on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 These shall not be forgotten years.I will never forget that powerful speech an aussie icon laid to rest. more
- Gloss on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Al Black, I agree. Whitlam was arrogant and self-centred and deserved to be sacked over the Khemlani Affair, which he ... more
- Iain on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Yes Gough was a significant figure in Australian history but more, much more, than that..he was a decent and generous man. A ... more
- shane on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Gough Whitlam was one of the greatest Labor Primeministers of all time, Gough could see 20 in front of him, his most ... more
- Al Black on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Gough Whitlam's government was so bad it had to be sacked, and his legacy was to inspire Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard to ... more
- Phil on Teachers, students to protest together Its amazing the schools are encouraging their students to protest against 'children in the detention' but can't offer a ... more
- Bernadette on Teachers, students to protest together Catholic Teachings regarding Social Justice are very clearly set out, that ALL people regardless of who they are should at ... more
- Parent on Teachers, students to protest together A fantastic opportunity for young men to analyse & discuss the abhorrent detention of children who have a strong likelihood ... more
- Jack on Teachers, students to protest together I'm a student at st Bernard's college. Yesterday as protest was one that was derived from our colleges faith as Christians, ... more
- Turn it up on Teachers, students to protest together To everyone here commenting that this is disgusting and wrong and the students did not have a decision in the matter, Turn ... more
- Lina johns on Teachers, students to protest together Nice to see that we have young people in our community who have a heart and truly believe in humanity (children should not ... more
- Michael on Teachers, students to protest together I was a student at St Bernards.I couldn't be more proud. Well done boys and well done Tony. All you people having a whinge ... more
- Pedro on Teachers, students to protest together As a parent of a former 2014 St Bernard's College student, I congratulate Mr Paatsch on taking this leadership for the young ... more
- Sue on Teachers, students to protest together Disgusting that school teachers are allowed to infect our children with their views. more
- IBARKER on Teachers, students to protest together There is only one person that should their mouths and hands taped,that should be the TEACHER. more
- Flash on Teachers, students to protest together Brain washing, and the media doesn't. For your information and if you read the articles. Its completely option. I love ... more
- student on Teachers, students to protest together I am a student of the school in question and I can confidently say most of the opinions presented on this site are ... more
- jenny on Teachers, students to protest together when I was a kid at school my opinion was neither asked for or even valued. the issue of children in detention is so ... more
- Gloria on Teachers, students to protest together So typical of Catholic teaching, brainwash kids whilst they're young! more
- damien O'Neil on Teachers, students to protest together This bloke woukld have to be a member of the greens?? Doesn't have a clue and he is charge of teaching 1,400 students. God ... more
McDonalds staff and customers thwart armed hold-up
LISTEN BELOW: LISTEN: 3AW Reporter Yvette Gray speaks with a McDonald's employee who helped to restrain the bandit (He wished to remain anonymous)
McDonalds customers and staff have tackled a masked gunman during an attempted hold up at the Mulgrave restaurant this morning.
The masked bandit entered the store, at the intersection of Wellington and Springvale Roads just before 1 this morning demanding cash and ordered the two customers to hand over their wallets.
As the man tried to take the cash from the till he was tackled to the ground.
The five men restrained the man until police arrived 10 minutes later.
A 20-year-old Heatherton man has been charged with three counts of armed robbery.
He has been remanded in custody and will appear in front of the Melbourne Magistrates Court this morning.
UPDATE: The Neil Mitchell Program have reported that within the last year, 6 McDonald's have been the target of violent attacks on staff including robberies and bashings of young staff.
March 14 - Sydenham - Armed robbery
August 3 - Mt Waverley - Armed robbery
August 10 - South Melbourne - assault on staff member
August 15 - CBD - Assault on staff member
September 19 - Morwell - Violent robbery with a meat clever
IMAGE:The McDonald's Restaurant in Mulgrave this morning (Yvette Gray)
STREET VIEW: Corner of Wellington and Springvale Roads
Good to hear all the anti American sentiment on air today, lets blame maccas because their restaurant is open, hello.....there are businesses open everywhere in suburbs at night and they also get targeted by scum, a quick fix, close everything at 6pm...get real peoplemike f Monday 12 November, 2012 - 6:52 PM
Why is everybody blaming macdonalds and other retailers for these robberies. I lot of these robbers are doing this to get money for drugs. I am afraid that a lot of the younger generation (not all of them) dont seem to want to work, dont have any respect for their parents grandparents ( I am one) and any other authority.
and it will only get worsecarole Monday 12 November, 2012 - 1:04 PM
Excellent news. Good work people. Ironic though, because it's usually the Maccas staff who try and rob me. Tip, don't give them a $50 note or higher, because they'll pretend it was a $20.Jason Monday 12 November, 2012 - 9:42 AM
Outstanding! Big Macs, Quarterpounders and Super-size French Fries are the way to power, vigilantism and good health. Now Ted, let's get your super tough train bouncers onto Maccas.Ivan@kinnane Monday 12 November, 2012 - 8:54 AM
He should get a hamburger with the lot now. No fries with that.Jayson Monday 12 November, 2012 - 8:32 AM