- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- Police swarm on Bandidos club in murder investigation
- Council caught dumping waste
- Hughes in critical condition
- Woman swallowed by sinkhole
- Special pup for family's last Christmas
- Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
- Dennis on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... Apparantly Edihad is supplying food and drink to people affected by the fire. I hope they're not charging football prices. more
- Chris on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... With all the media and fire fighters the dock lands population must have doubled last night. more
- Chris on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Any smart person would have put a new seat on $20 at bunnings and when they leave put the broken one back on. more
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
Melbourne braces as Myki takes over
A Melbourne hostel is bracing for an influx of public transport fines as the system moves from Metcard to Myki.
From tomorrow Myki will be the only option with no disposable one-off tickets being sold.
Melbourne accommodation providers say they already receive public transport fines as tourists refuse to buy MYKI cards.
Manager of the Elephant Backpacker Hostel Cara Wileman says visitors shun MYKI cards because they're too expensive and complex.
"They (hostel guests) will ask how the system works and I'll explain that they need to buy a card, they have put money on and they have to actually pay to get the card," she told 3AW News.
"A lot of the time they will actually opt not to purchase it because it's too difficult and they don't have a lot of money because they are travelling,"
"We probably get 3 or 4 (fines) every two days or so" she said.
Don't worry fellers; once Myki has killed off tourism, city business and the public transport system; no doubt Labor will be back in power so we can properly hold them to account.David T. Monday 31 December, 2012 - 4:22 PM
Nothing wrong with having a loaner hostel Myki card with an upfront deposit and getting the guest to pay after the event when the travel cost details come online.
The ticket isn't issued to an individual, is it? It doesn't matter who pays for the fare as long as it is paid, does it?
Lazy whining and can't be bothered to keep account of a plastic card on temporary loan. Please don't make it hard for the rest of the community.Solmon's Sword Monday 31 December, 2012 - 1:33 PM
It's to bloody expensive for tourists. I bring my family of five from abroad to Melbourne, I have to buy 5 of these cards that I will use once. That's $100 spent before I even pay for a fare. It's a scam targeting tourists and a severe blight on Melbourne as a tourist friendly destination. We will spend our tourist dollars in the other cities.Rattana Kaewmuang - Chiangmai Thailand Monday 31 December, 2012 - 10:30 AM
I am a pensioner and live in Mulwala, NSW and travel by train to Melbourne at least five times a year in order to shop and to see matinees of any stage shows which interest me. I used to be able to get free city travel on trams and trains with my train fare. I have looked to see if this is continuing, but can find no information. If not then I am quite apprehensive about traveling around the city on public transport. How do I know how much my travel in the city will cost? How much money is going to be wasted by topping up my MYKI card with more than is needed?
Myki is expensive for Australian pensioners as only Victorian Seniors are eligible for an initial free MYKI card.Gabrielle Graham Monday 31 December, 2012 - 9:21 AM
Labor incompetent morons created the mess>!!Steve Friday 28 December, 2012 - 7:56 PM
ted the toff slammed myki from day one and didnt let up untill the day he became premier.(there will be no myki under the liberal goverment i lead).we can thank ted for a joke of a ticketing system.its the liberal way...........garry Friday 28 December, 2012 - 6:24 PM