- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- A letter from the chaos
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Melbourne braces as Myki takes over
A Melbourne hostel is bracing for an influx of public transport fines as the system moves from Metcard to Myki.
From tomorrow Myki will be the only option with no disposable one-off tickets being sold.
Melbourne accommodation providers say they already receive public transport fines as tourists refuse to buy MYKI cards.
Manager of the Elephant Backpacker Hostel Cara Wileman says visitors shun MYKI cards because they're too expensive and complex.
"They (hostel guests) will ask how the system works and I'll explain that they need to buy a card, they have put money on and they have to actually pay to get the card," she told 3AW News.
"A lot of the time they will actually opt not to purchase it because it's too difficult and they don't have a lot of money because they are travelling,"
"We probably get 3 or 4 (fines) every two days or so" she said.
Don't worry fellers; once Myki has killed off tourism, city business and the public transport system; no doubt Labor will be back in power so we can properly hold them to account.David T. Monday 31 December, 2012 - 4:22 PM
Nothing wrong with having a loaner hostel Myki card with an upfront deposit and getting the guest to pay after the event when the travel cost details come online.
The ticket isn't issued to an individual, is it? It doesn't matter who pays for the fare as long as it is paid, does it?
Lazy whining and can't be bothered to keep account of a plastic card on temporary loan. Please don't make it hard for the rest of the community.Solmon's Sword Monday 31 December, 2012 - 1:33 PM
It's to bloody expensive for tourists. I bring my family of five from abroad to Melbourne, I have to buy 5 of these cards that I will use once. That's $100 spent before I even pay for a fare. It's a scam targeting tourists and a severe blight on Melbourne as a tourist friendly destination. We will spend our tourist dollars in the other cities.Rattana Kaewmuang - Chiangmai Thailand Monday 31 December, 2012 - 10:30 AM
I am a pensioner and live in Mulwala, NSW and travel by train to Melbourne at least five times a year in order to shop and to see matinees of any stage shows which interest me. I used to be able to get free city travel on trams and trains with my train fare. I have looked to see if this is continuing, but can find no information. If not then I am quite apprehensive about traveling around the city on public transport. How do I know how much my travel in the city will cost? How much money is going to be wasted by topping up my MYKI card with more than is needed?
Myki is expensive for Australian pensioners as only Victorian Seniors are eligible for an initial free MYKI card.Gabrielle Graham Monday 31 December, 2012 - 9:21 AM
Labor incompetent morons created the mess>!!Steve Friday 28 December, 2012 - 7:56 PM
ted the toff slammed myki from day one and didnt let up untill the day he became premier.(there will be no myki under the liberal goverment i lead).we can thank ted for a joke of a ticketing system.its the liberal way...........garry Friday 28 December, 2012 - 6:24 PM