- Bombers battered in court
- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Willow on Bombers battered in court About time, justice at last. A lesson to players for the future, do not take part in experiments just because your Club and ... more
- Aria Judillaa on Bombers battered in court Sorry Hird, but when people start challenging the validity of an investigation it's pretty obvious they have something to ... more
- Iain on Bombers battered in court I wonder if Essendon get it know..Justice Middleton is well respected and agrees they have a case to answer. Essendon: take ... more
- Stephen on Bombers battered in court Time to move on and draw a line under this by all sides. The evidence is not there or this would have been put to bed by ... more
- IBARKER on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Great result for the Person that had his Boards Stolen. more
- RFor on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... LOVE IT !!!Like the other one a few weeks ago- Pollys Questn. Suspect, he says no not me, shows his brothers I.D. - Pollys ... more
- Jodie O'Donovan on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Sounds like the bloke who robbed my house while I was across the road at work, watching him. My husband ran to the house to ... more
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
Melbourne braces as Myki takes over
A Melbourne hostel is bracing for an influx of public transport fines as the system moves from Metcard to Myki.
From tomorrow Myki will be the only option with no disposable one-off tickets being sold.
Melbourne accommodation providers say they already receive public transport fines as tourists refuse to buy MYKI cards.
Manager of the Elephant Backpacker Hostel Cara Wileman says visitors shun MYKI cards because they're too expensive and complex.
"They (hostel guests) will ask how the system works and I'll explain that they need to buy a card, they have put money on and they have to actually pay to get the card," she told 3AW News.
"A lot of the time they will actually opt not to purchase it because it's too difficult and they don't have a lot of money because they are travelling,"
"We probably get 3 or 4 (fines) every two days or so" she said.
Don't worry fellers; once Myki has killed off tourism, city business and the public transport system; no doubt Labor will be back in power so we can properly hold them to account.David T. Monday 31 December, 2012 - 4:22 PM
Nothing wrong with having a loaner hostel Myki card with an upfront deposit and getting the guest to pay after the event when the travel cost details come online.
The ticket isn't issued to an individual, is it? It doesn't matter who pays for the fare as long as it is paid, does it?
Lazy whining and can't be bothered to keep account of a plastic card on temporary loan. Please don't make it hard for the rest of the community.Solmon's Sword Monday 31 December, 2012 - 1:33 PM
It's to bloody expensive for tourists. I bring my family of five from abroad to Melbourne, I have to buy 5 of these cards that I will use once. That's $100 spent before I even pay for a fare. It's a scam targeting tourists and a severe blight on Melbourne as a tourist friendly destination. We will spend our tourist dollars in the other cities.Rattana Kaewmuang - Chiangmai Thailand Monday 31 December, 2012 - 10:30 AM
I am a pensioner and live in Mulwala, NSW and travel by train to Melbourne at least five times a year in order to shop and to see matinees of any stage shows which interest me. I used to be able to get free city travel on trams and trains with my train fare. I have looked to see if this is continuing, but can find no information. If not then I am quite apprehensive about traveling around the city on public transport. How do I know how much my travel in the city will cost? How much money is going to be wasted by topping up my MYKI card with more than is needed?
Myki is expensive for Australian pensioners as only Victorian Seniors are eligible for an initial free MYKI card.Gabrielle Graham Monday 31 December, 2012 - 9:21 AM
Labor incompetent morons created the mess>!!Steve Friday 28 December, 2012 - 7:56 PM
ted the toff slammed myki from day one and didnt let up untill the day he became premier.(there will be no myki under the liberal goverment i lead).we can thank ted for a joke of a ticketing system.its the liberal way...........garry Friday 28 December, 2012 - 6:24 PM