- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Truck sinks into Prahran road
- 'He's been a huge success'
- Where has it gone wrong for Qantas?
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- I found the experience so deeply unsettling
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
Melbourne braces as Myki takes over
A Melbourne hostel is bracing for an influx of public transport fines as the system moves from Metcard to Myki.
From tomorrow Myki will be the only option with no disposable one-off tickets being sold.
Melbourne accommodation providers say they already receive public transport fines as tourists refuse to buy MYKI cards.
Manager of the Elephant Backpacker Hostel Cara Wileman says visitors shun MYKI cards because they're too expensive and complex.
"They (hostel guests) will ask how the system works and I'll explain that they need to buy a card, they have put money on and they have to actually pay to get the card," she told 3AW News.
"A lot of the time they will actually opt not to purchase it because it's too difficult and they don't have a lot of money because they are travelling,"
"We probably get 3 or 4 (fines) every two days or so" she said.
Don't worry fellers; once Myki has killed off tourism, city business and the public transport system; no doubt Labor will be back in power so we can properly hold them to account.David T. Monday 31 December, 2012 - 4:22 PM
Nothing wrong with having a loaner hostel Myki card with an upfront deposit and getting the guest to pay after the event when the travel cost details come online.
The ticket isn't issued to an individual, is it? It doesn't matter who pays for the fare as long as it is paid, does it?
Lazy whining and can't be bothered to keep account of a plastic card on temporary loan. Please don't make it hard for the rest of the community.Solmon's Sword Monday 31 December, 2012 - 1:33 PM
It's to bloody expensive for tourists. I bring my family of five from abroad to Melbourne, I have to buy 5 of these cards that I will use once. That's $100 spent before I even pay for a fare. It's a scam targeting tourists and a severe blight on Melbourne as a tourist friendly destination. We will spend our tourist dollars in the other cities.Rattana Kaewmuang - Chiangmai Thailand Monday 31 December, 2012 - 10:30 AM
I am a pensioner and live in Mulwala, NSW and travel by train to Melbourne at least five times a year in order to shop and to see matinees of any stage shows which interest me. I used to be able to get free city travel on trams and trains with my train fare. I have looked to see if this is continuing, but can find no information. If not then I am quite apprehensive about traveling around the city on public transport. How do I know how much my travel in the city will cost? How much money is going to be wasted by topping up my MYKI card with more than is needed?
Myki is expensive for Australian pensioners as only Victorian Seniors are eligible for an initial free MYKI card.Gabrielle Graham Monday 31 December, 2012 - 9:21 AM
Labor incompetent morons created the mess>!!Steve Friday 28 December, 2012 - 7:56 PM
ted the toff slammed myki from day one and didnt let up untill the day he became premier.(there will be no myki under the liberal goverment i lead).we can thank ted for a joke of a ticketing system.its the liberal way...........garry Friday 28 December, 2012 - 6:24 PM