- Thousands remember on Anzac Day
- Dismay as weather presenter Jane Bunn retires
- Computer systems to cost Australians billions
- Buddy smashes girlfriend's car
- Anger over domestic violence billboard
- Family hold silent vigil for murdered mum
- ALP changes: Shorten distances Labor from unions
- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kenof Euroa on Dismay as weather presenter Jane Bunn ... Noooooooooooooooooo!!!! more
- Josh on Computer systems to cost Australians ... If the repair bill is really $1.5 Billion to fix then its probably time to upgrade. Also curious if that cost also includes ... more
- John on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Texting? more
- Kaz on Computer systems to cost Australians ... Neil, on current performance the govt will not spend any money on needy people only take away as in pensioners. 12bn $ on ... more
- Canberra Observer on Computer systems to cost Australians ... Australians should be very worried at what the ALP has done to this country and where its internal operation is now under ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Just another day in the life of 3AW's "heroes". Another role model for our kids the station will be championing and ... more
- Mark on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Buddy's insurance premium next year is going to take a good hit out of his million dollar salary. more
- Janet P on Family hold silent vigil for murdered ... Remove the word Domestic.Violence is Violence. Our justice system is a JOKE more
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
Melbourne braces as Myki takes over
A Melbourne hostel is bracing for an influx of public transport fines as the system moves from Metcard to Myki.
From tomorrow Myki will be the only option with no disposable one-off tickets being sold.
Melbourne accommodation providers say they already receive public transport fines as tourists refuse to buy MYKI cards.
Manager of the Elephant Backpacker Hostel Cara Wileman says visitors shun MYKI cards because they're too expensive and complex.
"They (hostel guests) will ask how the system works and I'll explain that they need to buy a card, they have put money on and they have to actually pay to get the card," she told 3AW News.
"A lot of the time they will actually opt not to purchase it because it's too difficult and they don't have a lot of money because they are travelling,"
"We probably get 3 or 4 (fines) every two days or so" she said.
Don't worry fellers; once Myki has killed off tourism, city business and the public transport system; no doubt Labor will be back in power so we can properly hold them to account.David T. Monday 31 December, 2012 - 4:22 PM
Nothing wrong with having a loaner hostel Myki card with an upfront deposit and getting the guest to pay after the event when the travel cost details come online.
The ticket isn't issued to an individual, is it? It doesn't matter who pays for the fare as long as it is paid, does it?
Lazy whining and can't be bothered to keep account of a plastic card on temporary loan. Please don't make it hard for the rest of the community.Solmon's Sword Monday 31 December, 2012 - 1:33 PM
It's to bloody expensive for tourists. I bring my family of five from abroad to Melbourne, I have to buy 5 of these cards that I will use once. That's $100 spent before I even pay for a fare. It's a scam targeting tourists and a severe blight on Melbourne as a tourist friendly destination. We will spend our tourist dollars in the other cities.Rattana Kaewmuang - Chiangmai Thailand Monday 31 December, 2012 - 10:30 AM
I am a pensioner and live in Mulwala, NSW and travel by train to Melbourne at least five times a year in order to shop and to see matinees of any stage shows which interest me. I used to be able to get free city travel on trams and trains with my train fare. I have looked to see if this is continuing, but can find no information. If not then I am quite apprehensive about traveling around the city on public transport. How do I know how much my travel in the city will cost? How much money is going to be wasted by topping up my MYKI card with more than is needed?
Myki is expensive for Australian pensioners as only Victorian Seniors are eligible for an initial free MYKI card.Gabrielle Graham Monday 31 December, 2012 - 9:21 AM
Labor incompetent morons created the mess>!!Steve Friday 28 December, 2012 - 7:56 PM
ted the toff slammed myki from day one and didnt let up untill the day he became premier.(there will be no myki under the liberal goverment i lead).we can thank ted for a joke of a ticketing system.its the liberal way...........garry Friday 28 December, 2012 - 6:24 PM