- Pedestrian killed on the West Gate Fwy
- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Truck sinks into Prahran road
- 'He's been a huge success'
- Where has it gone wrong for Qantas?
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
Men admit to domestic violence
*Scroll down to hear men who committed acts of domestic violence tell their stories to Neil Mitchell*
Figures released today reveal women are safer on the streets than in their homes, with one in three women falling victim to an act of violence in their lifetime.
White Ribbon Day encourages Australians to speak out against violence towards women.
Chair of White Ribbon, Andrew O'Keefe, says despite aggressive men being in the minority, we all need to model positive behaviour.
LISTEN: Neil Mitchell spoke with two callers who admitted to perpetrating violence against women
John Drake, you are right. Women inflict violence at men too and I think for the men it's harder to report because of the stigma of being beaten by a woman.
All violence must stop and all bullies must be treated harshly, whether they are male or female.
Alcohol or drugs must never be used as an excuse.
If you have a alcohol problem or a drug problem and don't want to deal with it then you will have to deal with the law.
It's not the victim's fault that their partner has a problem.Peggy Friday 25 November, 2011 - 7:05 PM
It is a widely held myth that women are ALWAYS the victims and men are ALWAYS the perpetrators. Stats show that domestics are actually about 60% female victim, 40% male victim. Alcohol is usually a major factor.John Drake Friday 25 November, 2011 - 4:41 PM
Personally even one case of domestic violence is too many and I think it would warrant such a campaign. If anyone has any doubts as to the existence of domestic violence spend just one night on call with Boronia Police and I'd bet you'd change your mind.Richard Friday 25 November, 2011 - 3:09 PM
What can be done to encourage women to tell when they are being abused? How do we get rid of all this shame?
I know some women are too frightened to talk about it because they've been told of the consequences if they talk.
One thing I know would help and that is for these women to have confidence in our police and judicial system. Until we get through to our judges that they must not treat this lightly and any breach of court orders will be punished severely, we cannot expect the victims to open up. They are too scared and for a good reason.
Police must respond to calls from the women fast and be willing to arrest the men who are responsible.
Enemy of the people, that is why we don't hear about domestic violece as much as we should. Women are scared and yes in some cases ashamed. They have been made to feel that it's all their fault and their self esteem is taken away from them.
I know it's not your fault personally, but a bit of understanding would help. So much going on behind closed doors that we don't know about and we need to be prepared for.Peggy Friday 25 November, 2011 - 3:09 PM
Enemy of the People, do you genuinely doubt there are high levels of domestic violence, the tone of your comments sound as though you are very bitter & angry, what upsets you so about this issueJan Friday 25 November, 2011 - 3:00 PM
I don't condone domestic violence,but spare a thought for some of the blokes who get food and anything else within reach thrown at them,two sides to everything.Mexican Friday 25 November, 2011 - 2:59 PM