- Man arrested after home invasion
- Hird to play no part at Essendon in 2014
- Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations against Labor
- Queen photobombs Comm Games selfie
- One dead, four trapped after Great Ocean Road tourist bus crash
- Video: Bike smashes into car on Clarendon St
- Earthquake hits Greenvale, Epping, Lalor and Roxburgh Park
- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
Men admit to domestic violence
*Scroll down to hear men who committed acts of domestic violence tell their stories to Neil Mitchell*
Figures released today reveal women are safer on the streets than in their homes, with one in three women falling victim to an act of violence in their lifetime.
White Ribbon Day encourages Australians to speak out against violence towards women.
Chair of White Ribbon, Andrew O'Keefe, says despite aggressive men being in the minority, we all need to model positive behaviour.
LISTEN: Neil Mitchell spoke with two callers who admitted to perpetrating violence against women
John Drake, you are right. Women inflict violence at men too and I think for the men it's harder to report because of the stigma of being beaten by a woman.
All violence must stop and all bullies must be treated harshly, whether they are male or female.
Alcohol or drugs must never be used as an excuse.
If you have a alcohol problem or a drug problem and don't want to deal with it then you will have to deal with the law.
It's not the victim's fault that their partner has a problem.Peggy Friday 25 November, 2011 - 7:05 PM
It is a widely held myth that women are ALWAYS the victims and men are ALWAYS the perpetrators. Stats show that domestics are actually about 60% female victim, 40% male victim. Alcohol is usually a major factor.John Drake Friday 25 November, 2011 - 4:41 PM
Personally even one case of domestic violence is too many and I think it would warrant such a campaign. If anyone has any doubts as to the existence of domestic violence spend just one night on call with Boronia Police and I'd bet you'd change your mind.Richard Friday 25 November, 2011 - 3:09 PM
What can be done to encourage women to tell when they are being abused? How do we get rid of all this shame?
I know some women are too frightened to talk about it because they've been told of the consequences if they talk.
One thing I know would help and that is for these women to have confidence in our police and judicial system. Until we get through to our judges that they must not treat this lightly and any breach of court orders will be punished severely, we cannot expect the victims to open up. They are too scared and for a good reason.
Police must respond to calls from the women fast and be willing to arrest the men who are responsible.
Enemy of the people, that is why we don't hear about domestic violece as much as we should. Women are scared and yes in some cases ashamed. They have been made to feel that it's all their fault and their self esteem is taken away from them.
I know it's not your fault personally, but a bit of understanding would help. So much going on behind closed doors that we don't know about and we need to be prepared for.Peggy Friday 25 November, 2011 - 3:09 PM
Enemy of the People, do you genuinely doubt there are high levels of domestic violence, the tone of your comments sound as though you are very bitter & angry, what upsets you so about this issueJan Friday 25 November, 2011 - 3:00 PM
I don't condone domestic violence,but spare a thought for some of the blokes who get food and anything else within reach thrown at them,two sides to everything.Mexican Friday 25 November, 2011 - 2:59 PM