- Earthquake hits Greenvale, Epping, Lalor and Roxburgh Park
- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- Childcare system 'nonsense'
- Paul Dale, Rodney Collins excused from giving evidence
- Fog to cause Melbourne Airport delays
- Scissor bandit can't open cash till
- Government workers cashed in on cosy deals, IBAC hears
- 'Bring them home': Government calls for action
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
- Marlene Gow on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' I wonder how Malthouse would've reacted if some other football identity spoke in that manner to his own daughter those few ... more
- kim on Victorian town's HIV scare Re the Dr Lester interview. It was said earlier in the morning - somewhere between 530 & 630 that the health professional ... more
- Faye on Young Aussies gored in bull run GO BULLS !! more
- Kevin on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' Good manners and decency cost nothing and go such a long way. Mick simply needs to be nice to people, it's not ... more
- Mark Ellison on Victorian town's HIV scare How does "coming into contact" with an HIV infected person, carry a risk? I presume the Health Professional isn't providing ... more
- Matt on Fans ripped-off by Tyson 'Meet & Greet' That is why I picked up the iron, him in the spa. more
- Amanda on Ice town: Victorian region's ... I know of a group of users in Neerim Sth. Folks should take a more loving stance on the unfortunate statement the journalist ... more
Miscommunication between Police leads to major search for kayaker
A snapper-fishing kayaker who was forced to abandon his vessel amid poor conditions at Hampton Beach last night has told how miscommunication between Police lead to a major search.
PJ Wardle, 39, of Cheltenham, told Justin Smith that officers from Sandringham Police station were present at Hampton Beach when he swam 800 metres ashore after being forced to abandon his kayak.
However the message was not passed onto Water Police, who together with the Air Wing launched a major search after the yellow, single-person kayak washed up 100 metres from Hampton Life Saving Club at around 7am. Fishing gear was also located on the beach last night.
Mr Wardle, who is ex-navy, said his kayak was forced under the water by the two-metre waves, prompting him to inflate his life jacket and swim to shore.
"I made my way back into the shore. The Sandringham Police, they were there, and they asked me did I want to have an ambulance (attend)," he told Justin Smith.
"A little bit of miscommunication between a couple of people, and that's what happens.
"It ends up costing the state, I'm guessing."
Mr Wardle said his experience proved the value of wearing a life jacket.
"If you're going to go out, wear your life jacket. That's the important thing; that's pretty much what got me back," he said.
Victoria Police thanked 3AW after it was established the owner of a yellow, single-person kayak found washed up on Hampton Beach was safe and well.
It's understood the owner of the kayak was contacted by people who heard the alert on the Justin Smith program.
- with Michelle Zydower
No sinbad, you dont need not certifiable help but an optometrist as to your rose coloured view of vic police ethics or rather their lack of ethics .Never mind there always still time for you to learn and see the world...as it really is. Serious trouble behind the scenes.. that may appear as a concealed assisted stategy to gain funding for a foothold like the upgrading of the coast guard facilities on jetty road.ehh Seriously drongo you and your keyboard dupicate like mick whose longest trip would be to the outhouse where he now lives.Naive, gullible and dictatorial seems to sum up your insight.Keep an eye out for the icac blue letter that may arrive,won't you!Another blind woodbe Mr.Doolittle Sunday 13 January, 2013 - 11:28 AM
ahh shinpads, they tell you have left 3aw and are now working at coles as a filler
As to a psychological thriller that would be karl alexander your twin..eh woodbe copper and of course mick the gullible clod
who is more of a protestant than a mick.Check the next door neighbour mick.he's a bit worried about you frothing at the mouth over the keyboard.Aah such is a wife or is it a lifemud its not mud its the trooth Saturday 12 January, 2013 - 11:16 AM
What rubbish are you taking? What does this have to do with power and ego when they were out looking for someone who they thought could have been in serious trouble.
Is the tin foil hat too tight today?mick Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 11:28 PM
Fortunately no-one got lost in the search using Victoria's crap maps courtesy of DSE Land Victoria still all at sea from the jacoby legacy.TF of LV Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 8:05 PM
To "put fat cop blah blah"....who in the community is "talking about their out of control ego"!....except of course you, as you seem to have an inherent, bordering on certifiable dislike of Vic Pol? At least this was a happy outcome despite some error in communication. Not exactly a reason to throw mud I wouldn't have thought....then again I don't need psychological help!Sinbad Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 12:41 PM
What next cctv ..what a big beat up.Next, we will have armed gurds on beaches...
Have the vic police gone mad or are they so determined to increase their power and prescence.No wonder the community is talking about their out of control ego!Put the fat cop on beach duty Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 11:57 AM