- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Miscommunication between Police leads to major search for kayaker
A snapper-fishing kayaker who was forced to abandon his vessel amid poor conditions at Hampton Beach last night has told how miscommunication between Police lead to a major search.
PJ Wardle, 39, of Cheltenham, told Justin Smith that officers from Sandringham Police station were present at Hampton Beach when he swam 800 metres ashore after being forced to abandon his kayak.
However the message was not passed onto Water Police, who together with the Air Wing launched a major search after the yellow, single-person kayak washed up 100 metres from Hampton Life Saving Club at around 7am. Fishing gear was also located on the beach last night.
Mr Wardle, who is ex-navy, said his kayak was forced under the water by the two-metre waves, prompting him to inflate his life jacket and swim to shore.
"I made my way back into the shore. The Sandringham Police, they were there, and they asked me did I want to have an ambulance (attend)," he told Justin Smith.
"A little bit of miscommunication between a couple of people, and that's what happens.
"It ends up costing the state, I'm guessing."
Mr Wardle said his experience proved the value of wearing a life jacket.
"If you're going to go out, wear your life jacket. That's the important thing; that's pretty much what got me back," he said.
Victoria Police thanked 3AW after it was established the owner of a yellow, single-person kayak found washed up on Hampton Beach was safe and well.
It's understood the owner of the kayak was contacted by people who heard the alert on the Justin Smith program.
- with Michelle Zydower
No sinbad, you dont need not certifiable help but an optometrist as to your rose coloured view of vic police ethics or rather their lack of ethics .Never mind there always still time for you to learn and see the world...as it really is. Serious trouble behind the scenes.. that may appear as a concealed assisted stategy to gain funding for a foothold like the upgrading of the coast guard facilities on jetty road.ehh Seriously drongo you and your keyboard dupicate like mick whose longest trip would be to the outhouse where he now lives.Naive, gullible and dictatorial seems to sum up your insight.Keep an eye out for the icac blue letter that may arrive,won't you!Another blind woodbe Mr.Doolittle Sunday 13 January, 2013 - 11:28 AM
ahh shinpads, they tell you have left 3aw and are now working at coles as a filler
As to a psychological thriller that would be karl alexander your twin..eh woodbe copper and of course mick the gullible clod
who is more of a protestant than a mick.Check the next door neighbour mick.he's a bit worried about you frothing at the mouth over the keyboard.Aah such is a wife or is it a lifemud its not mud its the trooth Saturday 12 January, 2013 - 11:16 AM
What rubbish are you taking? What does this have to do with power and ego when they were out looking for someone who they thought could have been in serious trouble.
Is the tin foil hat too tight today?mick Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 11:28 PM
Fortunately no-one got lost in the search using Victoria's crap maps courtesy of DSE Land Victoria still all at sea from the jacoby legacy.TF of LV Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 8:05 PM
To "put fat cop blah blah"....who in the community is "talking about their out of control ego"!....except of course you, as you seem to have an inherent, bordering on certifiable dislike of Vic Pol? At least this was a happy outcome despite some error in communication. Not exactly a reason to throw mud I wouldn't have thought....then again I don't need psychological help!Sinbad Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 12:41 PM
What next cctv ..what a big beat up.Next, we will have armed gurds on beaches...
Have the vic police gone mad or are they so determined to increase their power and prescence.No wonder the community is talking about their out of control ego!Put the fat cop on beach duty Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 11:57 AM