- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Eddie McGuire should quit: Jeff Kennett
- Bomb threat: School given all-clear
- Burnley Tunnel closed: Lucky escape in Monash truck fire
- Softened stance on sexting teens
- 'G, that's rough: Tigers unhappy
- Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no standing zone
- One dead in Tarneit crash
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
- iain on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' More political interference is not what is required here. We need allegations of doping heard and either cleared or ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' This is a waste of taxpayers money the courts have more urgent cases to deal with. more
- Sid on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Guilty as sin but not an iota of evidence or positive test to support these claims?Everyone has a problem saying the Bombers ... more
- Christine on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' For people who actively listen, and have no agenda, Paul Little has conducted himself impeccably throughout this drawn-out ... more
- Nigel on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' No Mr Little, the whole community hasn't got deal fatigue, it's sick and tired of Essendonâ?¢ trying to stall/block ... more
Miscommunication between Police leads to major search for kayaker
A snapper-fishing kayaker who was forced to abandon his vessel amid poor conditions at Hampton Beach last night has told how miscommunication between Police lead to a major search.
PJ Wardle, 39, of Cheltenham, told Justin Smith that officers from Sandringham Police station were present at Hampton Beach when he swam 800 metres ashore after being forced to abandon his kayak.
However the message was not passed onto Water Police, who together with the Air Wing launched a major search after the yellow, single-person kayak washed up 100 metres from Hampton Life Saving Club at around 7am. Fishing gear was also located on the beach last night.
Mr Wardle, who is ex-navy, said his kayak was forced under the water by the two-metre waves, prompting him to inflate his life jacket and swim to shore.
"I made my way back into the shore. The Sandringham Police, they were there, and they asked me did I want to have an ambulance (attend)," he told Justin Smith.
"A little bit of miscommunication between a couple of people, and that's what happens.
"It ends up costing the state, I'm guessing."
Mr Wardle said his experience proved the value of wearing a life jacket.
"If you're going to go out, wear your life jacket. That's the important thing; that's pretty much what got me back," he said.
Victoria Police thanked 3AW after it was established the owner of a yellow, single-person kayak found washed up on Hampton Beach was safe and well.
It's understood the owner of the kayak was contacted by people who heard the alert on the Justin Smith program.
- with Michelle Zydower
No sinbad, you dont need not certifiable help but an optometrist as to your rose coloured view of vic police ethics or rather their lack of ethics .Never mind there always still time for you to learn and see the world...as it really is. Serious trouble behind the scenes.. that may appear as a concealed assisted stategy to gain funding for a foothold like the upgrading of the coast guard facilities on jetty road.ehh Seriously drongo you and your keyboard dupicate like mick whose longest trip would be to the outhouse where he now lives.Naive, gullible and dictatorial seems to sum up your insight.Keep an eye out for the icac blue letter that may arrive,won't you!Another blind woodbe Mr.Doolittle Sunday 13 January, 2013 - 11:28 AM
ahh shinpads, they tell you have left 3aw and are now working at coles as a filler
As to a psychological thriller that would be karl alexander your twin..eh woodbe copper and of course mick the gullible clod
who is more of a protestant than a mick.Check the next door neighbour mick.he's a bit worried about you frothing at the mouth over the keyboard.Aah such is a wife or is it a lifemud its not mud its the trooth Saturday 12 January, 2013 - 11:16 AM
What rubbish are you taking? What does this have to do with power and ego when they were out looking for someone who they thought could have been in serious trouble.
Is the tin foil hat too tight today?mick Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 11:28 PM
Fortunately no-one got lost in the search using Victoria's crap maps courtesy of DSE Land Victoria still all at sea from the jacoby legacy.TF of LV Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 8:05 PM
To "put fat cop blah blah"....who in the community is "talking about their out of control ego"!....except of course you, as you seem to have an inherent, bordering on certifiable dislike of Vic Pol? At least this was a happy outcome despite some error in communication. Not exactly a reason to throw mud I wouldn't have thought....then again I don't need psychological help!Sinbad Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 12:41 PM
What next cctv ..what a big beat up.Next, we will have armed gurds on beaches...
Have the vic police gone mad or are they so determined to increase their power and prescence.No wonder the community is talking about their out of control ego!Put the fat cop on beach duty Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 11:57 AM