- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Reward offered for information on Grandmother's murder
- Western Bulldogs dump cheer squad
- 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': Puneet
- Victoria shivers through coldest December day in seven years
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Simon on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just part of the legacy of Steve Bracks! I miss being able to ride a tram occasionally but its too damn difficult. I hope ... more
- Carole Campisano on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Puneet is only concerned about his own welfare right now,it's all about him.He hasn't considered the poor victim's ... more
- jason on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 A great man who can now rest in peace. As for Mylene, you really are a weird miserable thing. more
- jason on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Another ripper Labor project which was estimated at $400,000 yet turned out to be the world's most expensive ticketing sytem ... more
- Christine on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... I totally agree with Trent's comments. This person has a nerve carrying on about how he thinks he will be treated, when he ... more
- Lukew on Myki confusion forces closure of ... I am not surprised. Myki confusion is reducing the number of people using public transport, especially casual users and ... more
- Gloss on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 You must all know by now that mylene never misses an opportunity to slag off at Tony and the Libs. Yes a true lefty with a ... more
- Steve on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This gutless coward will be treated for what he is a hit and run driver and when there is a fatality he deserves to do time ... more
- Mark on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Oh Mylene - what a cuddly witty little lefty you are. Your lack of decency and judgement knows no boundaries. more
- trent on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... He won't be treated as a terrorist. He'll be treated as what he is - a coward and a reckless, worthless, uncaring killer. more
- Craig on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This man needs to take responsibility and face what he did... more
- JamesD on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Just watched Mitchell's interview with Nelson - have to say I was surprised he was chosen to do it but he performed well more
- William Griffin on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene never let a solemn moment like the death of Nelson Mandela to say something silly. The people have spoken wether we ... more
- William Griffin on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What you do you not get Puneet you pleaded guilty to a crime now you are to be held to account you scream I am be treated ... more
- mylene on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Ironic we hear about the death of guy who united South Africa while Neil 'interviews' the man who's divided Australia. ;) more
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
- Janet Saunders on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am sick of the 3aw dropping out all the time, I changed to chrome, but no better. I think I need to change radio stations, ... more
- Mick on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs Joyce has gone from trimming QANTAS to destroying it. It seems he is hell bent on making it fail. He is ruining one of the ... more
- Peter on Having issues streaming 3AW? Since you have updated the streaming side to 3AW I can no longer listen at work :( I can not change any browser settings as ... more
- Aria Judilla on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs These job cuts are brought to you by Qantas management. The same management who recently begged shareholders for extra money ... more
Miscommunication between Police leads to major search for kayaker
A snapper-fishing kayaker who was forced to abandon his vessel amid poor conditions at Hampton Beach last night has told how miscommunication between Police lead to a major search.
PJ Wardle, 39, of Cheltenham, told Justin Smith that officers from Sandringham Police station were present at Hampton Beach when he swam 800 metres ashore after being forced to abandon his kayak.
However the message was not passed onto Water Police, who together with the Air Wing launched a major search after the yellow, single-person kayak washed up 100 metres from Hampton Life Saving Club at around 7am. Fishing gear was also located on the beach last night.
Mr Wardle, who is ex-navy, said his kayak was forced under the water by the two-metre waves, prompting him to inflate his life jacket and swim to shore.
"I made my way back into the shore. The Sandringham Police, they were there, and they asked me did I want to have an ambulance (attend)," he told Justin Smith.
"A little bit of miscommunication between a couple of people, and that's what happens.
"It ends up costing the state, I'm guessing."
Mr Wardle said his experience proved the value of wearing a life jacket.
"If you're going to go out, wear your life jacket. That's the important thing; that's pretty much what got me back," he said.
Victoria Police thanked 3AW after it was established the owner of a yellow, single-person kayak found washed up on Hampton Beach was safe and well.
It's understood the owner of the kayak was contacted by people who heard the alert on the Justin Smith program.
- with Michelle Zydower
No sinbad, you dont need not certifiable help but an optometrist as to your rose coloured view of vic police ethics or rather their lack of ethics .Never mind there always still time for you to learn and see the world...as it really is. Serious trouble behind the scenes.. that may appear as a concealed assisted stategy to gain funding for a foothold like the upgrading of the coast guard facilities on jetty road.ehh Seriously drongo you and your keyboard dupicate like mick whose longest trip would be to the outhouse where he now lives.Naive, gullible and dictatorial seems to sum up your insight.Keep an eye out for the icac blue letter that may arrive,won't you!Another blind woodbe Mr.Doolittle Sunday 13 January, 2013 - 11:28 AM
ahh shinpads, they tell you have left 3aw and are now working at coles as a filler
As to a psychological thriller that would be karl alexander your twin..eh woodbe copper and of course mick the gullible clod
who is more of a protestant than a mick.Check the next door neighbour mick.he's a bit worried about you frothing at the mouth over the keyboard.Aah such is a wife or is it a lifemud its not mud its the trooth Saturday 12 January, 2013 - 11:16 AM
What rubbish are you taking? What does this have to do with power and ego when they were out looking for someone who they thought could have been in serious trouble.
Is the tin foil hat too tight today?mick Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 11:28 PM
Fortunately no-one got lost in the search using Victoria's crap maps courtesy of DSE Land Victoria still all at sea from the jacoby legacy.TF of LV Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 8:05 PM
To "put fat cop blah blah"....who in the community is "talking about their out of control ego"!....except of course you, as you seem to have an inherent, bordering on certifiable dislike of Vic Pol? At least this was a happy outcome despite some error in communication. Not exactly a reason to throw mud I wouldn't have thought....then again I don't need psychological help!Sinbad Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 12:41 PM
What next cctv ..what a big beat up.Next, we will have armed gurds on beaches...
Have the vic police gone mad or are they so determined to increase their power and prescence.No wonder the community is talking about their out of control ego!Put the fat cop on beach duty Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 11:57 AM