- Full James Hird statement
- Woman arrested over racist train assault
- Detective of the Year, Wayne Cheeseman, with Ross, John and Sly
- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Milton on Full James Hird statement Essendon can't sack Hird for choosing to pursue his legal rights. Go for it James. more
- acetrim on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US Why do people who come come back from Ebola infested places go into quarantine we quarantine plants and animals more
- Linda on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US How hard would it be to quarantine people coming in from affected countries for a couple of weeks? Inconvenient yes, but ... more
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
Miscommunication between Police leads to major search for kayaker
A snapper-fishing kayaker who was forced to abandon his vessel amid poor conditions at Hampton Beach last night has told how miscommunication between Police lead to a major search.
PJ Wardle, 39, of Cheltenham, told Justin Smith that officers from Sandringham Police station were present at Hampton Beach when he swam 800 metres ashore after being forced to abandon his kayak.
However the message was not passed onto Water Police, who together with the Air Wing launched a major search after the yellow, single-person kayak washed up 100 metres from Hampton Life Saving Club at around 7am. Fishing gear was also located on the beach last night.
Mr Wardle, who is ex-navy, said his kayak was forced under the water by the two-metre waves, prompting him to inflate his life jacket and swim to shore.
"I made my way back into the shore. The Sandringham Police, they were there, and they asked me did I want to have an ambulance (attend)," he told Justin Smith.
"A little bit of miscommunication between a couple of people, and that's what happens.
"It ends up costing the state, I'm guessing."
Mr Wardle said his experience proved the value of wearing a life jacket.
"If you're going to go out, wear your life jacket. That's the important thing; that's pretty much what got me back," he said.
Victoria Police thanked 3AW after it was established the owner of a yellow, single-person kayak found washed up on Hampton Beach was safe and well.
It's understood the owner of the kayak was contacted by people who heard the alert on the Justin Smith program.
- with Michelle Zydower
No sinbad, you dont need not certifiable help but an optometrist as to your rose coloured view of vic police ethics or rather their lack of ethics .Never mind there always still time for you to learn and see the world...as it really is. Serious trouble behind the scenes.. that may appear as a concealed assisted stategy to gain funding for a foothold like the upgrading of the coast guard facilities on jetty road.ehh Seriously drongo you and your keyboard dupicate like mick whose longest trip would be to the outhouse where he now lives.Naive, gullible and dictatorial seems to sum up your insight.Keep an eye out for the icac blue letter that may arrive,won't you!Another blind woodbe Mr.Doolittle Sunday 13 January, 2013 - 11:28 AM
ahh shinpads, they tell you have left 3aw and are now working at coles as a filler
As to a psychological thriller that would be karl alexander your twin..eh woodbe copper and of course mick the gullible clod
who is more of a protestant than a mick.Check the next door neighbour mick.he's a bit worried about you frothing at the mouth over the keyboard.Aah such is a wife or is it a lifemud its not mud its the trooth Saturday 12 January, 2013 - 11:16 AM
What rubbish are you taking? What does this have to do with power and ego when they were out looking for someone who they thought could have been in serious trouble.
Is the tin foil hat too tight today?mick Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 11:28 PM
Fortunately no-one got lost in the search using Victoria's crap maps courtesy of DSE Land Victoria still all at sea from the jacoby legacy.TF of LV Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 8:05 PM
To "put fat cop blah blah"....who in the community is "talking about their out of control ego"!....except of course you, as you seem to have an inherent, bordering on certifiable dislike of Vic Pol? At least this was a happy outcome despite some error in communication. Not exactly a reason to throw mud I wouldn't have thought....then again I don't need psychological help!Sinbad Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 12:41 PM
What next cctv ..what a big beat up.Next, we will have armed gurds on beaches...
Have the vic police gone mad or are they so determined to increase their power and prescence.No wonder the community is talking about their out of control ego!Put the fat cop on beach duty Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 11:57 AM