- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Mother and son charged over murder of NSW police officer
A mother and son have been charged over the death of a Sydney police officer killed in the line of duty yesterday afternoon.
NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione has paid tribute to Senior Detective Inspector Bryson Anderson, describing him as an 'excellent officer and a damn good bloke'.
Detective Inspector Bryson Anderson, 45, was killed in an axe attack in Sydney's north west while responding to a domestic dispute on Thursday afternoon.
The father of three was part of a police response to a neighbourhood dispute at a rural property in Scheyville Rd, Oakville, about 2:00pm on Thursday.
It's understood Detective Anderson was seriously injured when he was separated from a number of other officers and struck in the back of the head with an axe.
He was treated at the scene by paramedics around 4.15pm, but later died at Hawkesbury Hospital.
Speaking outside the hospital on Thursday night, Police Commissioner Scipione said the police force had lost 'one of its finest officers'.
He described Detective Anderson as a widely respected veteran of the force who came from a police family.
A 19-year-old man and a 42-year-old woman believed to be his mother were arrested at the scene. Murder charges have since been laid.
Scott Webber from the Police Association has told Stuart Bocking the dangers they face - is in the back of their minds everyday.
I have thought this through very carefully. I note mandatory life imprisonment is now the standard 'punishment' for a mongrel/s who murder a police officer. It is now time for that mandatory sentence to be up-graded. I want nothing less than mandatory death penalty for this time of crime - with no appeal rights at all! Fight fire with damned double fire is the recipe here!Samuel Kyrikos Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 8:10 PM
Capital punishment should be manditory for cop killers>.Steve Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 3:18 AM
One Suspended sentence coming up.... wait a moment, maybe not, this was a law man... jail time for the accused in this one.Mark Friday 7 December, 2012 - 6:24 PM
I trust the pair of ferals responsible will receive the now mandatory life prison sentence for the murder of this revered police officer simply doing his job for the people of NSW.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 7 December, 2012 - 2:43 PM
Maybe the danger is the fact that they have deluded themselves for so long,too long, that they cannot be controlled..Well dirty linen has a habit of coming dirtier if the stains are not washed out.It just another process in the so called squeaky uncritizable copper HAVING TO FINALLY EAT HUMBLE PIE and publicly acknowledge they are not the sun shining out of their a......ebloated egos Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:02 PM
Another case of gen x authoritarianism.He had no need to presume control.in fact he aggravated it....THE SITUATION AND WHY IS THE REPORTING OF THIS DELAYED.?absolute foolish stupidity Friday 7 December, 2012 - 11:10 AM