- Fires threaten the North East
- Bus driver headbutted in ugly attack
- Siege gunman had a gun licence
- Guy announces new shadow cabinet
- 'A cowardly way of getting back'
- $6m drug ring smashed in suburban raids
- Possible bomb threat in Canberra
- Muslim leader's 'copycat' fear
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Lukew on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Certain amount of boot in mouth there Colin more
- Craig on Bus driver headbutted in ugly attack What happened to the Barriers to protect drivers that where going to be put in the bus's back in February!!???? more
- PJ on Fires threaten the North East And whats Andrews doing? Still showing how brave he is walking up and down Burke Street? more
- Auguste Rodin on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Listen Colin, you don't know Mitchell either, he zoomed back from wherever like a robber's dog! I would have bet a lot of ... more
- Auguste Rodin on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Very sad the whole affair. I wonder why it was necessary to fire so many rounds during the final stages, they only had one ... more
- Benny on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege I have actually Colin, and I've seen him on seven news too. I also know that Neil Mitchell is a very well respected ... more
- Jim on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege To our beautiful fellow Australians we have lost in very tragic circumstances , our hearts are with you ... To our brothers ... more
- acetrim on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege the people to blame are ones who let this lunatic into the country when we complained you called us all racist the had the ... more
- Ekrem Fuldagli on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Dear Community and friends, As Chairman of our association I would like to offer our heartfelt condolences to the family and ... more
- Mckenna_pj@hotmail.com on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Nick McCallum should be the holiday relief for Jon Faine not Neil Mitchell lol more
- Colin Lacivita on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege You were right Benny Neil Mitchell is back! But I was not wrong to say Nick McCallum is doing a fantastic job replacing ... more
- Caz on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege OMG.I had to go into media lock down yesterday.The ammount of times they showed the woman running towards the police in ... more
- Mandy on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege I am again dissapointed in finding out this thing was out on bail he was and is a severe threat to Aust and now all this ... more
- Jane on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege We all knew Neil would be in tomorrow! Don't know why as Nick is perfectly able to cover this tragic story..it makes him ... more
- Gloria on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Well Benny you were right, we all know that Neil loves to cover the big stories. The judiciary has a lot to answer to as why ... more
- Jane on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege The judiciary has a lot to answer for in allowing him bail for his alleged crimes and so does our laws in not allowing ... more
- Sinbad on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Would you like cream or ice-cream with your humble pie Colin? more
- Jane on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Two hostages dead. So very tragic and heartbreaking. One vermin exterminated. more
- Colin Lacivita on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Listen Benny you know nothing about Neil Mitchell he is overseas on his Christmas holiday break.Nick McCallum is doing a ... more
- Tex Morton on Is this the promise Victorians want ... It was always the vocal minority's that didn't want it. Who really wants gridlock. You can't end a 6 lane freeway at a set ... more
Mother and son charged over murder of NSW police officer
A mother and son have been charged over the death of a Sydney police officer killed in the line of duty yesterday afternoon.
NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione has paid tribute to Senior Detective Inspector Bryson Anderson, describing him as an 'excellent officer and a damn good bloke'.
Detective Inspector Bryson Anderson, 45, was killed in an axe attack in Sydney's north west while responding to a domestic dispute on Thursday afternoon.
The father of three was part of a police response to a neighbourhood dispute at a rural property in Scheyville Rd, Oakville, about 2:00pm on Thursday.
It's understood Detective Anderson was seriously injured when he was separated from a number of other officers and struck in the back of the head with an axe.
He was treated at the scene by paramedics around 4.15pm, but later died at Hawkesbury Hospital.
Speaking outside the hospital on Thursday night, Police Commissioner Scipione said the police force had lost 'one of its finest officers'.
He described Detective Anderson as a widely respected veteran of the force who came from a police family.
A 19-year-old man and a 42-year-old woman believed to be his mother were arrested at the scene. Murder charges have since been laid.
Scott Webber from the Police Association has told Stuart Bocking the dangers they face - is in the back of their minds everyday.
I have thought this through very carefully. I note mandatory life imprisonment is now the standard 'punishment' for a mongrel/s who murder a police officer. It is now time for that mandatory sentence to be up-graded. I want nothing less than mandatory death penalty for this time of crime - with no appeal rights at all! Fight fire with damned double fire is the recipe here!Samuel Kyrikos Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 8:10 PM
Capital punishment should be manditory for cop killers>.Steve Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 3:18 AM
One Suspended sentence coming up.... wait a moment, maybe not, this was a law man... jail time for the accused in this one.Mark Friday 7 December, 2012 - 6:24 PM
I trust the pair of ferals responsible will receive the now mandatory life prison sentence for the murder of this revered police officer simply doing his job for the people of NSW.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 7 December, 2012 - 2:43 PM
Maybe the danger is the fact that they have deluded themselves for so long,too long, that they cannot be controlled..Well dirty linen has a habit of coming dirtier if the stains are not washed out.It just another process in the so called squeaky uncritizable copper HAVING TO FINALLY EAT HUMBLE PIE and publicly acknowledge they are not the sun shining out of their a......ebloated egos Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:02 PM
Another case of gen x authoritarianism.He had no need to presume control.in fact he aggravated it....THE SITUATION AND WHY IS THE REPORTING OF THIS DELAYED.?absolute foolish stupidity Friday 7 December, 2012 - 11:10 AM