- GWS joins gay marriage debate
- Smoking cops 'not a good look'
- Sly's Policeman of the year award
- Husband's 'brutal' bludgeoning to stop wife moving
- The most powerful selfie ever?
- Bung case not limited to one man: Lay
- Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry assistance
- Concerns for missing 14-year-old
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Maureen on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... The unions don't get it. They are the reason that manufacturing is doomed in Australia. That, and years of a useless Labor ... more
- Jake on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Lay has presided over the new image of black-shirt gestapo police, so who cares about the smoking. more
- Pradman on Murder suspect in dispute over plaster ... He should have got a job with Mick Gatto; easier than plastering. more
- Give Up on Having issues streaming 3AW? I can't listen or watch 3AW any more - so sad. Will have to stick to the odd hour or two in the car. more
- Pradman on Video: Shark in Port Phillip Bay? There are plenty of bronze whalers seen in the bay every year from Rye to the heads. They clean up the dead seal carcasses. more
- Wayne on Preston road rage caught on camera This footage clearly shows the suction cup of a window mount for the phone so this recording is no more illegal than someone ... more
- nik on Preston road rage caught on camera I'm amazed the pic wasn't photoshopped and the use replaced with a bike! more
- bc on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... ask mud guts hockey to take a pay cut not on your life buddy neil ask hockey how much is it costing the tax payers flying ... more
- double standards for coppers on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Former Victoria Police detective Charlie Bezzina, who has(had) 38 years experience in force, says sometimes internal police ... more
- wayne on Having issues streaming 3AW? I listen to the ABC because I still cant get any Fairfax Stations at all and the computer is two years old FIX IT more
- bigmoralcopper on Man launches petition to reel in ... Perhaps if this Steve, who by his own admission was employed for over thirty years constant,was made to follow the ... more
- oh dear on GWS joins gay marriage debate what will Gay Western Sydney do next? support climate change legislation and asylum seekers? more
- mandy on Killer whales spotted in Western Port ... Don't tell those rednecks in W.A Peter Glee son,Greg Hunt,and the fisheries minister Troy Buswell they will want them culled ... more
- Will on Face-bong: Online drug market On Neils show today it was mentioned that 5 people had been put in intensive care this week using the fake synthetic ... more
- Steve on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... Why don't the government give all the money that goes to Indonesia to the car industry? charity begins at home or it should ... more
- Steve on Preston road rage caught on camera Morons; like this bloke should lose their license good chance he may have been on drugs the rear number plate is visible so ... more
- Pradman on Preston road rage caught on camera '....she was punched in the face by a cyclist.' after she did an illegal u-turn on Beach Road. more
- Aria Judilla on Preston road rage caught on camera I'm just waiting for all the usual feral drivers to start cheering on the braindead ute driver because the other car ... more
- jgl Melb on The most powerful selfie ever? South Africa can think themselves lucky Dubbya didn't invade the joint looking for WMD. more
- Chris on Man launches petition to reel in ... Typical feral female. more
Mother and son charged over murder of NSW police officer
A mother and son have been charged over the death of a Sydney police officer killed in the line of duty yesterday afternoon.
NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione has paid tribute to Senior Detective Inspector Bryson Anderson, describing him as an 'excellent officer and a damn good bloke'.
Detective Inspector Bryson Anderson, 45, was killed in an axe attack in Sydney's north west while responding to a domestic dispute on Thursday afternoon.
The father of three was part of a police response to a neighbourhood dispute at a rural property in Scheyville Rd, Oakville, about 2:00pm on Thursday.
It's understood Detective Anderson was seriously injured when he was separated from a number of other officers and struck in the back of the head with an axe.
He was treated at the scene by paramedics around 4.15pm, but later died at Hawkesbury Hospital.
Speaking outside the hospital on Thursday night, Police Commissioner Scipione said the police force had lost 'one of its finest officers'.
He described Detective Anderson as a widely respected veteran of the force who came from a police family.
A 19-year-old man and a 42-year-old woman believed to be his mother were arrested at the scene. Murder charges have since been laid.
Scott Webber from the Police Association has told Stuart Bocking the dangers they face - is in the back of their minds everyday.
I have thought this through very carefully. I note mandatory life imprisonment is now the standard 'punishment' for a mongrel/s who murder a police officer. It is now time for that mandatory sentence to be up-graded. I want nothing less than mandatory death penalty for this time of crime - with no appeal rights at all! Fight fire with damned double fire is the recipe here!Samuel Kyrikos Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 8:10 PM
Capital punishment should be manditory for cop killers>.Steve Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 3:18 AM
One Suspended sentence coming up.... wait a moment, maybe not, this was a law man... jail time for the accused in this one.Mark Friday 7 December, 2012 - 6:24 PM
I trust the pair of ferals responsible will receive the now mandatory life prison sentence for the murder of this revered police officer simply doing his job for the people of NSW.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 7 December, 2012 - 2:43 PM
Maybe the danger is the fact that they have deluded themselves for so long,too long, that they cannot be controlled..Well dirty linen has a habit of coming dirtier if the stains are not washed out.It just another process in the so called squeaky uncritizable copper HAVING TO FINALLY EAT HUMBLE PIE and publicly acknowledge they are not the sun shining out of their a......ebloated egos Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:02 PM
Another case of gen x authoritarianism.He had no need to presume control.in fact he aggravated it....THE SITUATION AND WHY IS THE REPORTING OF THIS DELAYED.?absolute foolish stupidity Friday 7 December, 2012 - 11:10 AM