- Bombers battered in court
- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Willow on Bombers battered in court About time, justice at last. A lesson to players for the future, do not take part in experiments just because your Club and ... more
- Aria Judillaa on Bombers battered in court Sorry Hird, but when people start challenging the validity of an investigation it's pretty obvious they have something to ... more
- Iain on Bombers battered in court I wonder if Essendon get it know..Justice Middleton is well respected and agrees they have a case to answer. Essendon: take ... more
- Stephen on Bombers battered in court Time to move on and draw a line under this by all sides. The evidence is not there or this would have been put to bed by ... more
- IBARKER on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Great result for the Person that had his Boards Stolen. more
- RFor on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... LOVE IT !!!Like the other one a few weeks ago- Pollys Questn. Suspect, he says no not me, shows his brothers I.D. - Pollys ... more
- Jodie O'Donovan on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Sounds like the bloke who robbed my house while I was across the road at work, watching him. My husband ran to the house to ... more
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
Mother and son charged over murder of NSW police officer
A mother and son have been charged over the death of a Sydney police officer killed in the line of duty yesterday afternoon.
NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione has paid tribute to Senior Detective Inspector Bryson Anderson, describing him as an 'excellent officer and a damn good bloke'.
Detective Inspector Bryson Anderson, 45, was killed in an axe attack in Sydney's north west while responding to a domestic dispute on Thursday afternoon.
The father of three was part of a police response to a neighbourhood dispute at a rural property in Scheyville Rd, Oakville, about 2:00pm on Thursday.
It's understood Detective Anderson was seriously injured when he was separated from a number of other officers and struck in the back of the head with an axe.
He was treated at the scene by paramedics around 4.15pm, but later died at Hawkesbury Hospital.
Speaking outside the hospital on Thursday night, Police Commissioner Scipione said the police force had lost 'one of its finest officers'.
He described Detective Anderson as a widely respected veteran of the force who came from a police family.
A 19-year-old man and a 42-year-old woman believed to be his mother were arrested at the scene. Murder charges have since been laid.
Scott Webber from the Police Association has told Stuart Bocking the dangers they face - is in the back of their minds everyday.
I have thought this through very carefully. I note mandatory life imprisonment is now the standard 'punishment' for a mongrel/s who murder a police officer. It is now time for that mandatory sentence to be up-graded. I want nothing less than mandatory death penalty for this time of crime - with no appeal rights at all! Fight fire with damned double fire is the recipe here!Samuel Kyrikos Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 8:10 PM
Capital punishment should be manditory for cop killers>.Steve Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 3:18 AM
One Suspended sentence coming up.... wait a moment, maybe not, this was a law man... jail time for the accused in this one.Mark Friday 7 December, 2012 - 6:24 PM
I trust the pair of ferals responsible will receive the now mandatory life prison sentence for the murder of this revered police officer simply doing his job for the people of NSW.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 7 December, 2012 - 2:43 PM
Maybe the danger is the fact that they have deluded themselves for so long,too long, that they cannot be controlled..Well dirty linen has a habit of coming dirtier if the stains are not washed out.It just another process in the so called squeaky uncritizable copper HAVING TO FINALLY EAT HUMBLE PIE and publicly acknowledge they are not the sun shining out of their a......ebloated egos Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:02 PM
Another case of gen x authoritarianism.He had no need to presume control.in fact he aggravated it....THE SITUATION AND WHY IS THE REPORTING OF THIS DELAYED.?absolute foolish stupidity Friday 7 December, 2012 - 11:10 AM