- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- Police swarm on Bandidos club in murder investigation
- Council caught dumping waste
- Hughes in critical condition
- Woman swallowed by sinkhole
- Special pup for family's last Christmas
- Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
- Dennis on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... Apparantly Edihad is supplying food and drink to people affected by the fire. I hope they're not charging football prices. more
- Chris on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... With all the media and fire fighters the dock lands population must have doubled last night. more
- Chris on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Any smart person would have put a new seat on $20 at bunnings and when they leave put the broken one back on. more
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
Mother and son charged over murder of NSW police officer
A mother and son have been charged over the death of a Sydney police officer killed in the line of duty yesterday afternoon.
NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione has paid tribute to Senior Detective Inspector Bryson Anderson, describing him as an 'excellent officer and a damn good bloke'.
Detective Inspector Bryson Anderson, 45, was killed in an axe attack in Sydney's north west while responding to a domestic dispute on Thursday afternoon.
The father of three was part of a police response to a neighbourhood dispute at a rural property in Scheyville Rd, Oakville, about 2:00pm on Thursday.
It's understood Detective Anderson was seriously injured when he was separated from a number of other officers and struck in the back of the head with an axe.
He was treated at the scene by paramedics around 4.15pm, but later died at Hawkesbury Hospital.
Speaking outside the hospital on Thursday night, Police Commissioner Scipione said the police force had lost 'one of its finest officers'.
He described Detective Anderson as a widely respected veteran of the force who came from a police family.
A 19-year-old man and a 42-year-old woman believed to be his mother were arrested at the scene. Murder charges have since been laid.
Scott Webber from the Police Association has told Stuart Bocking the dangers they face - is in the back of their minds everyday.
I have thought this through very carefully. I note mandatory life imprisonment is now the standard 'punishment' for a mongrel/s who murder a police officer. It is now time for that mandatory sentence to be up-graded. I want nothing less than mandatory death penalty for this time of crime - with no appeal rights at all! Fight fire with damned double fire is the recipe here!Samuel Kyrikos Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 8:10 PM
Capital punishment should be manditory for cop killers>.Steve Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 3:18 AM
One Suspended sentence coming up.... wait a moment, maybe not, this was a law man... jail time for the accused in this one.Mark Friday 7 December, 2012 - 6:24 PM
I trust the pair of ferals responsible will receive the now mandatory life prison sentence for the murder of this revered police officer simply doing his job for the people of NSW.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 7 December, 2012 - 2:43 PM
Maybe the danger is the fact that they have deluded themselves for so long,too long, that they cannot be controlled..Well dirty linen has a habit of coming dirtier if the stains are not washed out.It just another process in the so called squeaky uncritizable copper HAVING TO FINALLY EAT HUMBLE PIE and publicly acknowledge they are not the sun shining out of their a......ebloated egos Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:02 PM
Another case of gen x authoritarianism.He had no need to presume control.in fact he aggravated it....THE SITUATION AND WHY IS THE REPORTING OF THIS DELAYED.?absolute foolish stupidity Friday 7 December, 2012 - 11:10 AM