- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- A letter from the chaos
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Mother-of-the-bride searching for lost rings
A mother has sent out an urgent plea for assistance after losing her daughter and soon to be son-in-law's wedding and engagement rings on the way to the wedding.
Mother-of-the-bride Leanne Nolan says the rings were left in the back of a taxi in the city on Saturday night.
Leanne and her sister boarded the cab near the Mercure Hotel in Swanston Street around 6pm for the short trip to the Aquarium in Flinders Street.
"My sister and I were in the back seat and were getting tangled up in our outfits and my sister put the rings down,"
"When we got out she didn’t have them and we rang the cab companies and put an alert out and whatever but we haven’t heard anything" Leanne told Neil Mitchell.
The pair then had the unenviable task of informing the bride of the loss.
"She's standing there and she’s saying 'I want my ring, where's my ring'",
"It was horrible" Leanne said.
The brides wedding and engagement rings were in a small gold ring box and the grooms wedding ring was in a blue ring box.
Both boxes were in the same plastic sandwich bag.
If you know someone who might have found the rings or have any information as to their location please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 96 900 693.
IMAGE: Rings similar to those that were lost on Saturday (supplied)
It's the love they show for each other that will survive a long marriage, not the rings they where on their fingure. I am sure there are a lot of people who have accidently lost their wedding rings, but still have remained faithful to each other.Jillian Monday 22 October, 2012 - 3:09 PM