- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- Laverton home goes up in flames
- William and Kate avoid Melbourne on royal tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
Mother-of-the-bride searching for lost rings
A mother has sent out an urgent plea for assistance after losing her daughter and soon to be son-in-law's wedding and engagement rings on the way to the wedding.
Mother-of-the-bride Leanne Nolan says the rings were left in the back of a taxi in the city on Saturday night.
Leanne and her sister boarded the cab near the Mercure Hotel in Swanston Street around 6pm for the short trip to the Aquarium in Flinders Street.
"My sister and I were in the back seat and were getting tangled up in our outfits and my sister put the rings down,"
"When we got out she didn’t have them and we rang the cab companies and put an alert out and whatever but we haven’t heard anything" Leanne told Neil Mitchell.
The pair then had the unenviable task of informing the bride of the loss.
"She's standing there and she’s saying 'I want my ring, where's my ring'",
"It was horrible" Leanne said.
The brides wedding and engagement rings were in a small gold ring box and the grooms wedding ring was in a blue ring box.
Both boxes were in the same plastic sandwich bag.
If you know someone who might have found the rings or have any information as to their location please email email@example.com or call 96 900 693.
IMAGE: Rings similar to those that were lost on Saturday (supplied)
It's the love they show for each other that will survive a long marriage, not the rings they where on their fingure. I am sure there are a lot of people who have accidently lost their wedding rings, but still have remained faithful to each other.Jillian Monday 22 October, 2012 - 3:09 PM