- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- Out-of-control driver smashes into Hawthorn home fence
- Labor leads election polls
- Body found after Mt Helen house fire
- You could be at home right now
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
- Ed Niemiec on Police put on high alert Well done Vic Pol!! more
- Jackie on Police put on high alert I hope both officers, recover well. Feeling very much for them, their families, friends and colleagues. more
- John Thompson on Police put on high alert our brave defenders of law and order once again probabley having to pay a price for just doing their job and what a job they ... more
Mother-of-the-bride searching for lost rings
A mother has sent out an urgent plea for assistance after losing her daughter and soon to be son-in-law's wedding and engagement rings on the way to the wedding.
Mother-of-the-bride Leanne Nolan says the rings were left in the back of a taxi in the city on Saturday night.
Leanne and her sister boarded the cab near the Mercure Hotel in Swanston Street around 6pm for the short trip to the Aquarium in Flinders Street.
"My sister and I were in the back seat and were getting tangled up in our outfits and my sister put the rings down,"
"When we got out she didn’t have them and we rang the cab companies and put an alert out and whatever but we haven’t heard anything" Leanne told Neil Mitchell.
The pair then had the unenviable task of informing the bride of the loss.
"She's standing there and she’s saying 'I want my ring, where's my ring'",
"It was horrible" Leanne said.
The brides wedding and engagement rings were in a small gold ring box and the grooms wedding ring was in a blue ring box.
Both boxes were in the same plastic sandwich bag.
If you know someone who might have found the rings or have any information as to their location please email email@example.com or call 96 900 693.
IMAGE: Rings similar to those that were lost on Saturday (supplied)
It's the love they show for each other that will survive a long marriage, not the rings they where on their fingure. I am sure there are a lot of people who have accidently lost their wedding rings, but still have remained faithful to each other.Jillian Monday 22 October, 2012 - 3:09 PM