- Demons sign Paul Roos for another year
- Seal swims to South Yarra
- Police investigate football leg break
- Umpire reverses match-winning goal for 'faked' injury
- Woman badly burned in shocking Ardeer assault
- Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow
- Man arrested after home invasion
- Hird to play no part at Essendon in 2014
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
MP criticised for politicising Australia Day
A local Member of Parliament has come under criticism for holding a political fundraiser on Australia Day.
The invite, which was sent mainly to Liberal Party supporters, asks recipients to 'Join them in celebrating Australia Day with all funds going to support the re-election of Hon Bruce Billson' with a large Australian Flag in the background.
Should Australia Day be used for political fundraising? Comment below
3AW Morning Host Justin Smith said fundraisers were a political reality, but the timing and Australian insignia raises questions.
"Bruce Billson is an MP and Greg Hunt is involved in this as well, he’s the member of Flinders, and they are both still members of Parliament. Surely there is something better they could be doing on Australia day than asking people for money" Justin Smith told his listeners.
Lifetime Australia Day Ambassador Dr Hugh Wirth said the event was bordering on unethical.
"You don’t celebrate Australia Day by raising money for a local MP," he said.
"I’m outraged. It’s completely unethical to do what they’ve done.
"If the electorate wants to run a fundraiser to re-elect a local politician but don’t do it in the name of Australia Day and what Australia Day means to people."
TO ALL YOU VOTERS THAT HAVE THE "BALLS" TO SAY YOU VOTED LABOR AT THE LAST ELECTION. HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME.??.GET A LIFE AND GET RID OF "JULIAR".IAN Saturday 29 December, 2012 - 1:36 PM
What do people expect from the Liberal party, they only care about money & helping their rich mates, even if it means exploiting Australia Day. Also Justin is going to be in trouble, you can't have a go at Mitchell's party without repercussions.Marco Friday 28 December, 2012 - 7:56 AM
@Matt against everything Aussie, why would you care what anyone does on Australia Day as surely you would not observe it in any way, shape or form? You are truly a most obnoxious person, I could think of more adjectives that would suit you and your anti-Australian comments but won't lower myself to your rotten level. Ditto to @Peter Hillster.Proud Australian Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 6:40 PM
@Matt; Bearing in mind that there were a number of countries in the 1700's and 1800's that were looking to add to their influence by adding "new" lands to their colonies; which would you prefer to have settled/colonised Australia: France? Spain? Germany? Russia? Japan? China? England? The fact is that "Invasion" was going to happen; it was only a question of who was going to do it.David T. Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 5:49 PM
So what?? The sooner the Libs get back in power the sooner we will have a responsible government this is important to Australia,old Hugh Wirth should stay in his cage>!!Steve Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 2:17 PM
Couldn't agree more with Peter Hillster, the day had been hijacked by drunken bogans draped in Aussie flags walking around snearing at anyone who isn't Anglo. It's become a racist day, which is probably befitting as the day celebrates an invasion & subsequent massacre of a ancient culture.Matt - proudly Un-Australian Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 1:20 PM