- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Truck sinks into Prahran road
- 'He's been a huge success'
- Where has it gone wrong for Qantas?
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- I found the experience so deeply unsettling
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
MP criticised for politicising Australia Day
A local Member of Parliament has come under criticism for holding a political fundraiser on Australia Day.
The invite, which was sent mainly to Liberal Party supporters, asks recipients to 'Join them in celebrating Australia Day with all funds going to support the re-election of Hon Bruce Billson' with a large Australian Flag in the background.
Should Australia Day be used for political fundraising? Comment below
3AW Morning Host Justin Smith said fundraisers were a political reality, but the timing and Australian insignia raises questions.
"Bruce Billson is an MP and Greg Hunt is involved in this as well, he’s the member of Flinders, and they are both still members of Parliament. Surely there is something better they could be doing on Australia day than asking people for money" Justin Smith told his listeners.
Lifetime Australia Day Ambassador Dr Hugh Wirth said the event was bordering on unethical.
"You don’t celebrate Australia Day by raising money for a local MP," he said.
"I’m outraged. It’s completely unethical to do what they’ve done.
"If the electorate wants to run a fundraiser to re-elect a local politician but don’t do it in the name of Australia Day and what Australia Day means to people."
TO ALL YOU VOTERS THAT HAVE THE "BALLS" TO SAY YOU VOTED LABOR AT THE LAST ELECTION. HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME.??.GET A LIFE AND GET RID OF "JULIAR".IAN Saturday 29 December, 2012 - 1:36 PM
What do people expect from the Liberal party, they only care about money & helping their rich mates, even if it means exploiting Australia Day. Also Justin is going to be in trouble, you can't have a go at Mitchell's party without repercussions.Marco Friday 28 December, 2012 - 7:56 AM
@Matt against everything Aussie, why would you care what anyone does on Australia Day as surely you would not observe it in any way, shape or form? You are truly a most obnoxious person, I could think of more adjectives that would suit you and your anti-Australian comments but won't lower myself to your rotten level. Ditto to @Peter Hillster.Proud Australian Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 6:40 PM
@Matt; Bearing in mind that there were a number of countries in the 1700's and 1800's that were looking to add to their influence by adding "new" lands to their colonies; which would you prefer to have settled/colonised Australia: France? Spain? Germany? Russia? Japan? China? England? The fact is that "Invasion" was going to happen; it was only a question of who was going to do it.David T. Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 5:49 PM
So what?? The sooner the Libs get back in power the sooner we will have a responsible government this is important to Australia,old Hugh Wirth should stay in his cage>!!Steve Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 2:17 PM
Couldn't agree more with Peter Hillster, the day had been hijacked by drunken bogans draped in Aussie flags walking around snearing at anyone who isn't Anglo. It's become a racist day, which is probably befitting as the day celebrates an invasion & subsequent massacre of a ancient culture.Matt - proudly Un-Australian Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 1:20 PM