- Bombers battered in court
- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Willow on Bombers battered in court About time, justice at last. A lesson to players for the future, do not take part in experiments just because your Club and ... more
- Aria Judillaa on Bombers battered in court Sorry Hird, but when people start challenging the validity of an investigation it's pretty obvious they have something to ... more
- Iain on Bombers battered in court I wonder if Essendon get it know..Justice Middleton is well respected and agrees they have a case to answer. Essendon: take ... more
- Stephen on Bombers battered in court Time to move on and draw a line under this by all sides. The evidence is not there or this would have been put to bed by ... more
- IBARKER on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Great result for the Person that had his Boards Stolen. more
- RFor on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... LOVE IT !!!Like the other one a few weeks ago- Pollys Questn. Suspect, he says no not me, shows his brothers I.D. - Pollys ... more
- Jodie O'Donovan on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Sounds like the bloke who robbed my house while I was across the road at work, watching him. My husband ran to the house to ... more
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
MP criticised for politicising Australia Day
A local Member of Parliament has come under criticism for holding a political fundraiser on Australia Day.
The invite, which was sent mainly to Liberal Party supporters, asks recipients to 'Join them in celebrating Australia Day with all funds going to support the re-election of Hon Bruce Billson' with a large Australian Flag in the background.
Should Australia Day be used for political fundraising? Comment below
3AW Morning Host Justin Smith said fundraisers were a political reality, but the timing and Australian insignia raises questions.
"Bruce Billson is an MP and Greg Hunt is involved in this as well, he’s the member of Flinders, and they are both still members of Parliament. Surely there is something better they could be doing on Australia day than asking people for money" Justin Smith told his listeners.
Lifetime Australia Day Ambassador Dr Hugh Wirth said the event was bordering on unethical.
"You don’t celebrate Australia Day by raising money for a local MP," he said.
"I’m outraged. It’s completely unethical to do what they’ve done.
"If the electorate wants to run a fundraiser to re-elect a local politician but don’t do it in the name of Australia Day and what Australia Day means to people."
TO ALL YOU VOTERS THAT HAVE THE "BALLS" TO SAY YOU VOTED LABOR AT THE LAST ELECTION. HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME.??.GET A LIFE AND GET RID OF "JULIAR".IAN Saturday 29 December, 2012 - 1:36 PM
What do people expect from the Liberal party, they only care about money & helping their rich mates, even if it means exploiting Australia Day. Also Justin is going to be in trouble, you can't have a go at Mitchell's party without repercussions.Marco Friday 28 December, 2012 - 7:56 AM
@Matt against everything Aussie, why would you care what anyone does on Australia Day as surely you would not observe it in any way, shape or form? You are truly a most obnoxious person, I could think of more adjectives that would suit you and your anti-Australian comments but won't lower myself to your rotten level. Ditto to @Peter Hillster.Proud Australian Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 6:40 PM
@Matt; Bearing in mind that there were a number of countries in the 1700's and 1800's that were looking to add to their influence by adding "new" lands to their colonies; which would you prefer to have settled/colonised Australia: France? Spain? Germany? Russia? Japan? China? England? The fact is that "Invasion" was going to happen; it was only a question of who was going to do it.David T. Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 5:49 PM
So what?? The sooner the Libs get back in power the sooner we will have a responsible government this is important to Australia,old Hugh Wirth should stay in his cage>!!Steve Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 2:17 PM
Couldn't agree more with Peter Hillster, the day had been hijacked by drunken bogans draped in Aussie flags walking around snearing at anyone who isn't Anglo. It's become a racist day, which is probably befitting as the day celebrates an invasion & subsequent massacre of a ancient culture.Matt - proudly Un-Australian Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 1:20 PM