- VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick Samantha
- 'He was a precocious talent'
- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Geoff on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... With society up to its boots in politics and living in its own little world, this is what is really important. While we ... more
- Jennifer Williams on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I think that puppy knows she is there for a very special reason. Four tissues later and I'm still going. Such a sad story, ... more
- LisaJ on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Well done Neil and 3AW. Such a nice story after yesterdays news. more
- Helen on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I'm sure Pixie will bring a lot of joy to Samantha, Ashley and the family at this difficult time for them all.Kind thoughts ... more
- andy on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... hope young pixie gives samantha a distaction from the other things going onthe 3 aw community has restored my faith in ... more
- carol on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Driving while crying! kept looking across to see if I was not the only one, then a guy rang in and said he was doing exactly ... more
- paul on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Hi Neil I've just watched the video of pixie being delivered. I have tears rolling you are a legend!!! Christmas WISHES to ... more
- Heather on Phillip Hughes dead at 25 May the clouds wrap him in a blanket of love and the moon kiss him goodnight! Rest in peace young man! Much love to his ... more
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
No leadership change, PM says
As speculation continues Kevin Rudd will challenge Julia Gillard for the leadership, the Prime Minister has received some encouraging results in the latest polling.
Ms Gillard leads Tony Abbott 48% to 46% as the preferred Prime Minister in the latest Age/Nielsen poll.
*Scroll down for Neil Mitchell's say*
Labor's primary vote has also risen 4 points to 33% and Ms Gillard's approval is up 5 points to 40%.
The Age reports the government has improved its two-party vote by 4 points to 47% but trails the Coalition (53%).
The Coalition would win an election held now on a swing of about 3%, the newspaper says.
However, despite the improving figures the Age/Nielsen poll indicates more than one in two voters - 57%, down 4 points since October - prefer Kevin Rudd as leader compared with 35%, up 5 points, who favour Ms Gillard.
The PM is only marginally ahead of Mr Rudd among Labor voters. Nearly a quarter (23%) of the Rudd supporters say, however, that the party should stick with Ms Gillard, in the poll of 1,400 taken from Thursday to Saturday.
In an interview aired on Channel 7 on Sunday night the Prime Minister said she will lead the ALP to the 2013 election, which she believes the government will win.
3AW WEBSITE POLL (ON OUR HOME PAGE):
If Kevin Rudd challenges for the ALP leadership, who would you prefer to emerge as leader?
Julia Gillard OR Kevin Rudd
PLAY: Neil Mitchell discusses the Prime Minister's interview
HINCH BLOG: "No wonder the Gillard camp is jittery. Kevin Rudd just won't go away and a by-election in his seat could mean curtains for the lot of them." What good would leadership change achieve, Hinch asks.
HINCH BLOG: On the surface, The Greens have never been so strong. But as Sally Neighbour points out in today’s issue of The Monthly: The Australian Democrats were powerful with the balance of power in the Senate and now not one of them is left.
VIDEO: Simon Crean has taken a swipe at former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, saying one of the reasons he lost the leadership is that he was not a team player. Watch Neil Mitchell's hard-hitting editorial and listen to Simon Crean.
MONDAY: Neil Mitchell says a senior Labor minister recently told him Julia Gillard 'has got a talent for the stuff-up .. when everything seems to be going well for her she somehow manages to blow it'. More details here.
HAVE YOUR SAY: The Prime Minister is standing by decision to back away from a deal on poker machine reforms, saying there is no point to parliament engaging in political argy-bargy over the issue. Neil Mitchell came out swinging at the PM this morning. Listen here.
Get rid of this rubbish and bring back Simon Crean.
Simon Crean for PM!!
Simon has the maturity needed for the top job. Julia and Kevin are never going to stop bickering for long enough to get the attention back on running our country.Anne Monday 20 February, 2012 - 9:47 AM
Fully agree with Another Proud Aussie @ Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 8:42 AM on the huge, extravagant waste that AusAID pours down the drain. Most of it is ineffective or serves non-humanitarian purposes anyway. The Auditor-Generalâ??s staunch criticisms of AusAID over these past years is strong proof of AusAID incompetence and corruption. Of course weasel word Rudd denies and covers up.
The Auditor General has continued to criticize AusAIDâ??s high costs and incompetence, especially in contracting out. It seems to have become a mates affair, with little scrutiny in contracting.
Rudd - how did Australia get its embassy in Phnom Penh? Please explain to the families violently evicted by police and military those paid by Keth Meng (ANZ Royal Bank.)
Rudd please explain about those evicted without compensation from the AusAID funded railway line project from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville.
Look at the huge waste spent on the Bali boy and the over-engineered engagement of Ambassador Moriarty .Jake Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 5:36 PM
The people do NOT want JuLIAR but we certainly do NOT want the $billion dollar man & do NOT support his quest to the UN as Ruler of the World.
The $Billions of taxpayers money Rudd is sending in Aid to impress the UN is disgusting.
The hundreds of millions of taxpayer funds Rudd is spending wining & dining UN & EU officials jet setting around the world 1st class for this delusional grandiose self serving dictator.
The people are NOT bloody conned by this pretender with the fake grin & the imbecile who calls us folks.
The same bloke who was the right hand man of Goss who was at the centre of the Heiner Affair, with the shredding of critical evidence in the rape of a child in State care & a political cover up, should have stopped him years ago.
The same pretender who tried to dupe the people with $900 cheques, $billions for BER, Pink Batts, Moral BS of the Century SCAM & SCAM Mining Tax.
The $230 Billion Dollars in debt we are in costing $100 million a day, which will take a decade or more to pay back.
Rudd was the instigator of the dismantling of our border security & instead of having 4 people remaining in detention we have had over 14,000 unidentified unauthorised illegal Middle Eastern Muslims arrive by boat & allowed entry to gain welfare, permanent residency, use our courts & bring thousands more with family reunion scams.
This is now costing $3Billion Dollars & they still will NOT stop the boats, reopen the Rudd/Gillard dismantled Nauru & issue only Temporary Protection Visas to stop the pull factors.
Neither Rudd or JuLIAR can be trusted just like the dire entire LIEbor Party!Another Proud Aussie Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 8:42 AM
THIS COUNTRYS A MESS.BRING BACK KEVIN RUDD FOR PM.ASH Monday 6 February, 2012 - 8:18 PM
Labor (read Gillard) is trying to find some marketable reason for the largest amount of criticism they have ever experienced. Doing the "poor me, you're mean because I'm a woman" bit is insulting to the Australian public and the Australian press. It will get Labor nowhere, and the "Greens"; they are desperate for her to retain control. Without Gillard, the Greens are out.David T. Monday 6 February, 2012 - 6:27 PM
Mylene, I thought your radio's dial was "glued" to MTV/MFG/MSG or whatever. How do you know everything Mitchell and Hinch have to say?David T. Monday 6 February, 2012 - 4:08 PM