- Man arrested after home invasion
- Hird to play no part at Essendon in 2014
- Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations against Labor
- Queen photobombs Comm Games selfie
- One dead, four trapped after Great Ocean Road tourist bus crash
- Video: Bike smashes into car on Clarendon St
- Earthquake hits Greenvale, Epping, Lalor and Roxburgh Park
- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
No leadership change, PM says
As speculation continues Kevin Rudd will challenge Julia Gillard for the leadership, the Prime Minister has received some encouraging results in the latest polling.
Ms Gillard leads Tony Abbott 48% to 46% as the preferred Prime Minister in the latest Age/Nielsen poll.
*Scroll down for Neil Mitchell's say*
Labor's primary vote has also risen 4 points to 33% and Ms Gillard's approval is up 5 points to 40%.
The Age reports the government has improved its two-party vote by 4 points to 47% but trails the Coalition (53%).
The Coalition would win an election held now on a swing of about 3%, the newspaper says.
However, despite the improving figures the Age/Nielsen poll indicates more than one in two voters - 57%, down 4 points since October - prefer Kevin Rudd as leader compared with 35%, up 5 points, who favour Ms Gillard.
The PM is only marginally ahead of Mr Rudd among Labor voters. Nearly a quarter (23%) of the Rudd supporters say, however, that the party should stick with Ms Gillard, in the poll of 1,400 taken from Thursday to Saturday.
In an interview aired on Channel 7 on Sunday night the Prime Minister said she will lead the ALP to the 2013 election, which she believes the government will win.
3AW WEBSITE POLL (ON OUR HOME PAGE):
If Kevin Rudd challenges for the ALP leadership, who would you prefer to emerge as leader?
Julia Gillard OR Kevin Rudd
PLAY: Neil Mitchell discusses the Prime Minister's interview
HINCH BLOG: "No wonder the Gillard camp is jittery. Kevin Rudd just won't go away and a by-election in his seat could mean curtains for the lot of them." What good would leadership change achieve, Hinch asks.
HINCH BLOG: On the surface, The Greens have never been so strong. But as Sally Neighbour points out in today’s issue of The Monthly: The Australian Democrats were powerful with the balance of power in the Senate and now not one of them is left.
VIDEO: Simon Crean has taken a swipe at former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, saying one of the reasons he lost the leadership is that he was not a team player. Watch Neil Mitchell's hard-hitting editorial and listen to Simon Crean.
MONDAY: Neil Mitchell says a senior Labor minister recently told him Julia Gillard 'has got a talent for the stuff-up .. when everything seems to be going well for her she somehow manages to blow it'. More details here.
HAVE YOUR SAY: The Prime Minister is standing by decision to back away from a deal on poker machine reforms, saying there is no point to parliament engaging in political argy-bargy over the issue. Neil Mitchell came out swinging at the PM this morning. Listen here.
Get rid of this rubbish and bring back Simon Crean.
Simon Crean for PM!!
Simon has the maturity needed for the top job. Julia and Kevin are never going to stop bickering for long enough to get the attention back on running our country.Anne Monday 20 February, 2012 - 9:47 AM
Fully agree with Another Proud Aussie @ Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 8:42 AM on the huge, extravagant waste that AusAID pours down the drain. Most of it is ineffective or serves non-humanitarian purposes anyway. The Auditor-Generalâ??s staunch criticisms of AusAID over these past years is strong proof of AusAID incompetence and corruption. Of course weasel word Rudd denies and covers up.
The Auditor General has continued to criticize AusAIDâ??s high costs and incompetence, especially in contracting out. It seems to have become a mates affair, with little scrutiny in contracting.
Rudd - how did Australia get its embassy in Phnom Penh? Please explain to the families violently evicted by police and military those paid by Keth Meng (ANZ Royal Bank.)
Rudd please explain about those evicted without compensation from the AusAID funded railway line project from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville.
Look at the huge waste spent on the Bali boy and the over-engineered engagement of Ambassador Moriarty .Jake Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 5:36 PM
The people do NOT want JuLIAR but we certainly do NOT want the $billion dollar man & do NOT support his quest to the UN as Ruler of the World.
The $Billions of taxpayers money Rudd is sending in Aid to impress the UN is disgusting.
The hundreds of millions of taxpayer funds Rudd is spending wining & dining UN & EU officials jet setting around the world 1st class for this delusional grandiose self serving dictator.
The people are NOT bloody conned by this pretender with the fake grin & the imbecile who calls us folks.
The same bloke who was the right hand man of Goss who was at the centre of the Heiner Affair, with the shredding of critical evidence in the rape of a child in State care & a political cover up, should have stopped him years ago.
The same pretender who tried to dupe the people with $900 cheques, $billions for BER, Pink Batts, Moral BS of the Century SCAM & SCAM Mining Tax.
The $230 Billion Dollars in debt we are in costing $100 million a day, which will take a decade or more to pay back.
Rudd was the instigator of the dismantling of our border security & instead of having 4 people remaining in detention we have had over 14,000 unidentified unauthorised illegal Middle Eastern Muslims arrive by boat & allowed entry to gain welfare, permanent residency, use our courts & bring thousands more with family reunion scams.
This is now costing $3Billion Dollars & they still will NOT stop the boats, reopen the Rudd/Gillard dismantled Nauru & issue only Temporary Protection Visas to stop the pull factors.
Neither Rudd or JuLIAR can be trusted just like the dire entire LIEbor Party!Another Proud Aussie Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 8:42 AM
THIS COUNTRYS A MESS.BRING BACK KEVIN RUDD FOR PM.ASH Monday 6 February, 2012 - 8:18 PM
Labor (read Gillard) is trying to find some marketable reason for the largest amount of criticism they have ever experienced. Doing the "poor me, you're mean because I'm a woman" bit is insulting to the Australian public and the Australian press. It will get Labor nowhere, and the "Greens"; they are desperate for her to retain control. Without Gillard, the Greens are out.David T. Monday 6 February, 2012 - 6:27 PM
Mylene, I thought your radio's dial was "glued" to MTV/MFG/MSG or whatever. How do you know everything Mitchell and Hinch have to say?David T. Monday 6 February, 2012 - 4:08 PM