- Breakfast in Glasgow: Ross and John's day of food
- Abbott softens talk on Russia
- Australian to face charges over Commonwealth Games village fight
- Drive-by shooting in Springvale South
- Carlton player Simon White charged by police
- Social media trails show ISIS link to Melbourne schools
- Ross and John in Glasgow: Heritage Day
- Robert Doyle: 'It's a mess, a gigantic error'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on On the road with Patty the poet cabbie Pat Mullaney now thats a good scots name??? more
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
One dead and teenager fighting for life after single-car smash
Several young people have been left injured in separate car smashes across the State overnight.
A single-vehicle smash in western Victoria this morning has left one person dead and a teenager fighting for their life.
Police said a car was travelling on Mount Baimbridge Road at Hamilton at around 3:00am when the driver lost control and rolled the vehicle a number of times before it stopped against a power pole.
The survivor of the smash, a 19-year-old man, has been flown to Melbourne with critical head injures and fractures.
The Victoria Police Major Collision Investigation Unit is heading to the scene.
The death brings the state's road toll to 261 - eight fewer than for the same time last year.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au.
On the Mornington Peninsula, an unlicenced 17-year-old girl was behind the wheel of a car when it smashed into a pole, leaving three occupants seriously injured.
Police are investigating whether alcohol was a factor in the Campsie Court in Somers crash which occurred at around 4:30am.
The driver and two men have been taken to hospital with serious injuries, while an 18-year-old woman escaped with minor injuries.
A 22-year-old man will be flown to Melbourne with serious chest injuries. A 17-year-old girl has been taken to Frankston Hospital with serious head, neck, back and internal injuries. And a 21-year-old man has been taken to the Alfred Hospital in a serious condition.
In Moonee Ponds, a couple has been forced to relocate after a car ran through their property's fence and into a common wall between two terrace houses on Margaret Street.
A gas metre was also damaged, and MFB crews spent five hours securing the properties. No one was injured.
Police have issued the driver, a man in his 20s, a penalty notice for failing to give way.
No sympathy from me on these crashes, and if alcohol is involved, hope they are arrested charged. Ken Lay or his Deputy, no doubt , will say as Police chiefs have been saying for deades - " the message is just not getting through". Wrong! The message is loud and clear - "you can drink and drive dangerously, and no Magistrate or judge will penalize you harshly, or even penalize you according to the law" - message us as clear as crystal.Joe Logan Friday 7 December, 2012 - 9:29 AM