- Policeman in hospital after hit-run ram
- CFMEU's Grocon blockade unlawful: Supreme Court
- AFL footballer's stalker 'hacked Facebook', organised 'orgy'
- Teenager stabbed amid armed hold up at Ashwood bottle shop
- Two men charged with eight counts of rape
- Rumour as tweet: NSW Waratahs' embarrassing post
- London: Two more suspects arrested following brutal beheading
- Elderly assault victim passes away
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- sneha on High school grades aren't everything im an asian and im a good student, im not amazing but i am usually getting above average scores around 80+. i may be asian ... more
- fay silk on Two men charged with eight counts of ... 1. bring back hanging for rape.2. if these poor women had access to guns and the training to use them then they would be ... more
- fay silk on Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: ... Its hard to think how many would come to Gina's funeral and how many thousands will come to Hazel Hawkes! one is a selfish ... more
- fay silk on CFMEU's Grocon blockade unlawful: ... What a surprise! Not. The so called law courts would always rule against workers right to protest organize and withdraw ... more
- sad but so what?! on Hazel Hawke passes away What is she famous for? Being the ex-wife of Bob Hawke. That's it! Why is the media making such a big deal? Is this going to ... more
- Jean on London: Two more suspects arrested ... Words fail me as to how anyone could do such a cowardly and barbaric act to another human being. Its beyond belief that ... more
- sandra on Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: ... intelligence and INTEGRITY thats a bit rich more
- Rich on Teenager stabbed amid armed hold up at ... Not to detract from the fact that the kid is recovering in hospital but why is there a 17 year old working in a liquor store? more
- mylene on Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: ... Shouldn't there be some kind of disclosure about how much of Fairfax Ms Rinehart holds? It's the only poll I've ever ready ... more
- Peggy on London: Two more suspects arrested ... Every time I think about this it truly disturbs me. This was so horrible that it's hard to accept that a human can do this. ... more
- Monica on London: Two more suspects arrested ... Tragic story and for what? He died in the name allah to display peace and tolerance. Are we really ready to embrace this? more
- James Shaw on Providing incentive is the key to ... TomYour arrogance these last few weeks has been astounding. Tonight, 23 May, you had the audacity to claim you were not ... more
- geert on Terror in London: UK soldier hacked to ... anyone remember geert wilders in australia 6 months ago i believe he was warning us about exactly this, wake up australia!!! more
- Matt - proudly Un-Australian on Jon Anderson rates the 'Four Kings': ... Hagler is my all time favourite boxer & I tried to copy him when I fought, except I wasn't a southpaw. Ray Leonard was the ... more
- Gazza on Hazel Hawke passes away A legend of the workers for the workers.RIP Hazel........ more
- mandy on Hazel Hawke passes away A strong and talented woman I admired her views. more
- mandy on Terror in London: UK soldier hacked to ... What a disgrace an innocent man slaughtered with the blood dripping from that monsters murderous hands they should have been ... more
- Rob on Terror in London: UK soldier hacked to ... What a weird video. At 17 seconds a lady is walking straight up to him and then it is edited by some one. Then at the end, ... more
- Name & Shame on Elderly man fighting for life, police ... How dare this low life force this elderly couple of the road and ruin what little time they have left on this earth. more
- Not Welcome Here on Terror in London: UK soldier hacked to ... If these murderers and all those who have such a hatred for the country they live in, why not go back to their ... more
One dead and teenager fighting for life after single-car smash
Several young people have been left injured in separate car smashes across the State overnight.
A single-vehicle smash in western Victoria this morning has left one person dead and a teenager fighting for their life.
Police said a car was travelling on Mount Baimbridge Road at Hamilton at around 3:00am when the driver lost control and rolled the vehicle a number of times before it stopped against a power pole.
The survivor of the smash, a 19-year-old man, has been flown to Melbourne with critical head injures and fractures.
The Victoria Police Major Collision Investigation Unit is heading to the scene.
The death brings the state's road toll to 261 - eight fewer than for the same time last year.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au.
On the Mornington Peninsula, an unlicenced 17-year-old girl was behind the wheel of a car when it smashed into a pole, leaving three occupants seriously injured.
Police are investigating whether alcohol was a factor in the Campsie Court in Somers crash which occurred at around 4:30am.
The driver and two men have been taken to hospital with serious injuries, while an 18-year-old woman escaped with minor injuries.
A 22-year-old man will be flown to Melbourne with serious chest injuries. A 17-year-old girl has been taken to Frankston Hospital with serious head, neck, back and internal injuries. And a 21-year-old man has been taken to the Alfred Hospital in a serious condition.
In Moonee Ponds, a couple has been forced to relocate after a car ran through their property's fence and into a common wall between two terrace houses on Margaret Street.
A gas metre was also damaged, and MFB crews spent five hours securing the properties. No one was injured.
Police have issued the driver, a man in his 20s, a penalty notice for failing to give way.
No sympathy from me on these crashes, and if alcohol is involved, hope they are arrested charged. Ken Lay or his Deputy, no doubt , will say as Police chiefs have been saying for deades - " the message is just not getting through". Wrong! The message is loud and clear - "you can drink and drive dangerously, and no Magistrate or judge will penalize you harshly, or even penalize you according to the law" - message us as clear as crystal.Joe Logan Friday 7 December, 2012 - 9:29 AM