- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Reward offered for information on Grandmother's murder
- Western Bulldogs dump cheer squad
- 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': Puneet
- Victoria shivers through coldest December day in seven years
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Simon on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just part of the legacy of Steve Bracks! I miss being able to ride a tram occasionally but its too damn difficult. I hope ... more
- Carole Campisano on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Puneet is only concerned about his own welfare right now,it's all about him.He hasn't considered the poor victim's ... more
- jason on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 A great man who can now rest in peace. As for Mylene, you really are a weird miserable thing. more
- jason on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Another ripper Labor project which was estimated at $400,000 yet turned out to be the world's most expensive ticketing sytem ... more
- Christine on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... I totally agree with Trent's comments. This person has a nerve carrying on about how he thinks he will be treated, when he ... more
- Lukew on Myki confusion forces closure of ... I am not surprised. Myki confusion is reducing the number of people using public transport, especially casual users and ... more
- Gloss on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 You must all know by now that mylene never misses an opportunity to slag off at Tony and the Libs. Yes a true lefty with a ... more
- Steve on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This gutless coward will be treated for what he is a hit and run driver and when there is a fatality he deserves to do time ... more
- Mark on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Oh Mylene - what a cuddly witty little lefty you are. Your lack of decency and judgement knows no boundaries. more
- trent on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... He won't be treated as a terrorist. He'll be treated as what he is - a coward and a reckless, worthless, uncaring killer. more
- Craig on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This man needs to take responsibility and face what he did... more
- JamesD on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Just watched Mitchell's interview with Nelson - have to say I was surprised he was chosen to do it but he performed well more
- William Griffin on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene never let a solemn moment like the death of Nelson Mandela to say something silly. The people have spoken wether we ... more
- William Griffin on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What you do you not get Puneet you pleaded guilty to a crime now you are to be held to account you scream I am be treated ... more
- mylene on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Ironic we hear about the death of guy who united South Africa while Neil 'interviews' the man who's divided Australia. ;) more
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
- Janet Saunders on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am sick of the 3aw dropping out all the time, I changed to chrome, but no better. I think I need to change radio stations, ... more
- Mick on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs Joyce has gone from trimming QANTAS to destroying it. It seems he is hell bent on making it fail. He is ruining one of the ... more
- Peter on Having issues streaming 3AW? Since you have updated the streaming side to 3AW I can no longer listen at work :( I can not change any browser settings as ... more
- Aria Judilla on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs These job cuts are brought to you by Qantas management. The same management who recently begged shareholders for extra money ... more
One dead and teenager fighting for life after single-car smash
Several young people have been left injured in separate car smashes across the State overnight.
A single-vehicle smash in western Victoria this morning has left one person dead and a teenager fighting for their life.
Police said a car was travelling on Mount Baimbridge Road at Hamilton at around 3:00am when the driver lost control and rolled the vehicle a number of times before it stopped against a power pole.
The survivor of the smash, a 19-year-old man, has been flown to Melbourne with critical head injures and fractures.
The Victoria Police Major Collision Investigation Unit is heading to the scene.
The death brings the state's road toll to 261 - eight fewer than for the same time last year.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au.
On the Mornington Peninsula, an unlicenced 17-year-old girl was behind the wheel of a car when it smashed into a pole, leaving three occupants seriously injured.
Police are investigating whether alcohol was a factor in the Campsie Court in Somers crash which occurred at around 4:30am.
The driver and two men have been taken to hospital with serious injuries, while an 18-year-old woman escaped with minor injuries.
A 22-year-old man will be flown to Melbourne with serious chest injuries. A 17-year-old girl has been taken to Frankston Hospital with serious head, neck, back and internal injuries. And a 21-year-old man has been taken to the Alfred Hospital in a serious condition.
In Moonee Ponds, a couple has been forced to relocate after a car ran through their property's fence and into a common wall between two terrace houses on Margaret Street.
A gas metre was also damaged, and MFB crews spent five hours securing the properties. No one was injured.
Police have issued the driver, a man in his 20s, a penalty notice for failing to give way.
No sympathy from me on these crashes, and if alcohol is involved, hope they are arrested charged. Ken Lay or his Deputy, no doubt , will say as Police chiefs have been saying for deades - " the message is just not getting through". Wrong! The message is loud and clear - "you can drink and drive dangerously, and no Magistrate or judge will penalize you harshly, or even penalize you according to the law" - message us as clear as crystal.Joe Logan Friday 7 December, 2012 - 9:29 AM