- Full James Hird statement
- Woman arrested over racist train assault
- Detective of the Year, Wayne Cheeseman, with Ross, John and Sly
- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Milton on Full James Hird statement Essendon can't sack Hird for choosing to pursue his legal rights. Go for it James. more
- acetrim on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US Why do people who come come back from Ebola infested places go into quarantine we quarantine plants and animals more
- Linda on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US How hard would it be to quarantine people coming in from affected countries for a couple of weeks? Inconvenient yes, but ... more
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
Opinion poll shows Gillard holds election-winning lead
A new opinion poll has defied all other surveys, showing the Gillard Government now holds an election-winning lead over the Coalition.
The latest Morgan Poll reveals Labor is five points ahead of the Opposition after preferences.
Support for the Gillard Government is now at 52 per cent, compared to the Coalition on 47 per cent.
This is the highest lead for the Government in two years.
The face-to-face survey follows and intense couple of weeks in federal parliament as the union fraud scandal and Peter Slipper affair played out.
But the Morgan research defies other opinion polls which show while the Gillard Government has improved its standing, the Coalition is still poised to easily win the next election.
Neil, wonder would you mind commenting on page 8 of AFN (Gillard's loop:.. paragraphs - the four at end of article by Professor Twomey. Thanks for programme.valerie a poulton Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 10:08 AM
What a load of rubbish! From way behind to way in front - without doing a thing?
Yeah, sure - about time the polls revealed their participants - no credibility in this.
Gillard and labor add define 'sycophant'!
Filthy liars and now the press is playing a support role. There are some 'other' nice words for thatap Wednesday 30 January, 2013 - 10:59 AM
Best news I've heard in ages. Just goes to show that 'You can fool all the people some of the time and fool some of the people all the time - but you can't fool all of the people all of the time'!Marg Ludowyk Tuesday 15 January, 2013 - 10:47 PM
Well how about this clown Morgan what a tosser,I have never been asked and there would be plenty of others out there too,as they all say there is only one poll that counts so what are we waiting for?bring it on Gillard so we can throw you and your union mob OUT>!!Steve Tuesday 15 January, 2013 - 7:58 PM
It seems that folk are finally getting bored with negative, sexist ranting. I am not in love with Julia Gillard. She has made mistakes, but only those who have not are qualified to cast the first stone.Peter Daughtry Tuesday 15 January, 2013 - 7:09 PM
How does neither sound?
Both sides have been spreading fear and hate while stealing from this country a great future.Earth Tuesday 15 January, 2013 - 7:08 PM