- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- Australian troops land in Middle East for 'mission - not war'
- Girl, 11, flees windowless van
- Woman killed in Cranbourne horse fall
- Burnt body discovered along train tracks
- Man critical after one-car Hampton smash
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
- Sue Hughes on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Such inconsiderate behaviour from so-called adults. I suspect these people have just moved in and couldn't care less about ... more
- Kathy on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... What happened to consideration and common sense mr and mrsÂ cubbins? I hope your made to pay to clean up your ... more
- Rick on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Simple solution as the neighbor who had their roller door blocked.Nissan Patrol + 4000kg snap strap.Rip it right off the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... This is crazy no one should own a lane way. Maybe in 1887 there was no lane way and it was a dirt horse trail. For once I am ... more
- Johnno on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Solicitor's and barrister's rubbing their hands over another prolonged adverse possession case. more
- Rob Jackson on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... How ridiculous...people are so stupid. Why would you put a roller door in that spot unless you were just trying to ... more
- Peter on Does Collingwood still want Lumumba? The best thing Collingwood could do would be to get rid of this clown! Too precious and full of his own importance! more
- jgl Melb on Does Collingwood still want Lumumba? When,not if,he walks out he'll do so in an upright manner.The chip on each shoulder will take care of that. more
Opposition continues to attack PM over 'slush fund' document
Prime Minister Julia Gillard is expected to face another onslaught of questions over the Union slush fund on the final sitting day of the year.
The Australian reports documents from an internal investigation from Ms Gillard's former law firm prove she had more of a role in setting up an association which was later used as a slush fund.
The Prime Minister has again denied any wrong-doing.
Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop told Neil Mitchell that Prime Minister needs to answer to the allegations honestly.
"These just aren’t wild allegations these are actual legitimate questions going to breaches of the law,"
"What really disturbs me is that she has stone walled at every step of the way" Ms Bishop told Neil Mitchell.
Former Victorian Premier Jeff Kennett says these latest revelations call for a judicial inquiry.
"I am going to suggest here and now that the Prime Minister and the leader of the opposition ought to appoint a judge to hold a quick judicial inquiry in a matter of weeks," Kennett told Neil Mitchell.
"That person should be given the powers to subpoena people and documents and to resolve the issue one way or the other.
"This issue has stopped the government from governing at a critical time when it needs to govern."
@Matt and Annie King posting here - we simply do not support Gillard because she cannot handle the truth. Don't you people realise by now that she is nothing but a rotten damned liar, an obstinate person that is way way out of her depth. Thankfully, Slater and Gordon, Solicitors woke up to her but it seems the die hard labor party boofheads cannot discern a liar from a truthful person. Amen.Luigi T Cassimatis B.Ec Monday 14 January, 2013 - 8:18 PM
@ Alex - yes I agree wholeheartedly. This is the same hopeless, liar Gillard who has utterly stuffed our revered beautiful country Australia! She claims Mr Abbott cannot handle her so called 'capable women' in her now defunct labor party and cabinet. None are capable. Each is a damned anti-man fool - including Madame Milne with her disgusting comments recently about 'old white men'! Just bugger off please Gillard and take each of your communist damned comrades and your minders with you you rotten liar and proven fool of a woman!Rakesh A Aduk Friday 14 December, 2012 - 7:48 PM
@Henry posting here - an excellent comment. It even surpasses one recently made by our esteemed 2GB broadcaster, Mr Alan Jones where he deservedly postulated that....."Gillard should be placed in a chaff bag and thrown out to sea." In either case, she deserves to be shafted sooner rather than later. It is raw communism being thrust upon us here by her in my professional view!Samuel Kyrikos Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 1:28 PM
@Alex of Altona = please don't worry lady. Madame Jul-liar Eileen Gillard is not in my view an Australian. She is a ten pound pommy who migrated to our country with whoever gave birth to her I understand. She should have never, ever entered politics. We need a much more diligent entry system not only to this country but to these no hopers entering politics here.Jonathon L Benson Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 8:44 PM
come on david.makes no difference,any slightly intelligent person could never vote for a person who was put on the spot and failed so miserably.it was embarrassing.....garry Friday 30 November, 2012 - 11:07 PM
@ David posting here. This inveterate liar, Jul=liar Eileen Gillard cannot discern truth - in fact she would not know the meaning of the word! She is a proven liar i.e. with the carbon dioxide taxation rort aided and abetted by the boofhead Wayne Swan. The pair of them should have never, ever entered politics. Why! They cannot handle the truth the rotten bastards.Samuel J James Friday 30 November, 2012 - 9:30 PM