- 'Thrill killer' Hemming jailed
- Homegrown terror risks by numbers
- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
Opposition continues to attack PM over 'slush fund' document
Prime Minister Julia Gillard is expected to face another onslaught of questions over the Union slush fund on the final sitting day of the year.
The Australian reports documents from an internal investigation from Ms Gillard's former law firm prove she had more of a role in setting up an association which was later used as a slush fund.
The Prime Minister has again denied any wrong-doing.
Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop told Neil Mitchell that Prime Minister needs to answer to the allegations honestly.
"These just aren’t wild allegations these are actual legitimate questions going to breaches of the law,"
"What really disturbs me is that she has stone walled at every step of the way" Ms Bishop told Neil Mitchell.
Former Victorian Premier Jeff Kennett says these latest revelations call for a judicial inquiry.
"I am going to suggest here and now that the Prime Minister and the leader of the opposition ought to appoint a judge to hold a quick judicial inquiry in a matter of weeks," Kennett told Neil Mitchell.
"That person should be given the powers to subpoena people and documents and to resolve the issue one way or the other.
"This issue has stopped the government from governing at a critical time when it needs to govern."
@Matt and Annie King posting here - we simply do not support Gillard because she cannot handle the truth. Don't you people realise by now that she is nothing but a rotten damned liar, an obstinate person that is way way out of her depth. Thankfully, Slater and Gordon, Solicitors woke up to her but it seems the die hard labor party boofheads cannot discern a liar from a truthful person. Amen.Luigi T Cassimatis B.Ec Monday 14 January, 2013 - 8:18 PM
@ Alex - yes I agree wholeheartedly. This is the same hopeless, liar Gillard who has utterly stuffed our revered beautiful country Australia! She claims Mr Abbott cannot handle her so called 'capable women' in her now defunct labor party and cabinet. None are capable. Each is a damned anti-man fool - including Madame Milne with her disgusting comments recently about 'old white men'! Just bugger off please Gillard and take each of your communist damned comrades and your minders with you you rotten liar and proven fool of a woman!Rakesh A Aduk Friday 14 December, 2012 - 7:48 PM
@Henry posting here - an excellent comment. It even surpasses one recently made by our esteemed 2GB broadcaster, Mr Alan Jones where he deservedly postulated that....."Gillard should be placed in a chaff bag and thrown out to sea." In either case, she deserves to be shafted sooner rather than later. It is raw communism being thrust upon us here by her in my professional view!Samuel Kyrikos Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 1:28 PM
@Alex of Altona = please don't worry lady. Madame Jul-liar Eileen Gillard is not in my view an Australian. She is a ten pound pommy who migrated to our country with whoever gave birth to her I understand. She should have never, ever entered politics. We need a much more diligent entry system not only to this country but to these no hopers entering politics here.Jonathon L Benson Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 8:44 PM
come on david.makes no difference,any slightly intelligent person could never vote for a person who was put on the spot and failed so miserably.it was embarrassing.....garry Friday 30 November, 2012 - 11:07 PM
@ David posting here. This inveterate liar, Jul=liar Eileen Gillard cannot discern truth - in fact she would not know the meaning of the word! She is a proven liar i.e. with the carbon dioxide taxation rort aided and abetted by the boofhead Wayne Swan. The pair of them should have never, ever entered politics. Why! They cannot handle the truth the rotten bastards.Samuel J James Friday 30 November, 2012 - 9:30 PM