- Truck smoulders on EastLink
- Gough Whitlam dead at 98
- Luke wasn't scared of his father
- 'We've got to get through to these irresponsible thugs'
- Wildlife sanctuary saved
- Salvos attacked by ice users
- Masters of their craft
- Man found dead in old nursing home
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mandi on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 These shall not be forgotten years.I will never forget that powerful speech an aussie icon laid to rest. more
- Gloss on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Al Black, I agree. Whitlam was arrogant and self-centred and deserved to be sacked over the Khemlani Affair, which he ... more
- Iain on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Yes Gough was a significant figure in Australian history but more, much more, than that..he was a decent and generous man. A ... more
- shane on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Gough Whitlam was one of the greatest Labor Primeministers of all time, Gough could see 20 in front of him, his most ... more
- Al Black on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Gough Whitlam's government was so bad it had to be sacked, and his legacy was to inspire Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard to ... more
- Phil on Teachers, students to protest together Its amazing the schools are encouraging their students to protest against 'children in the detention' but can't offer a ... more
- Bernadette on Teachers, students to protest together Catholic Teachings regarding Social Justice are very clearly set out, that ALL people regardless of who they are should at ... more
- Parent on Teachers, students to protest together A fantastic opportunity for young men to analyse & discuss the abhorrent detention of children who have a strong likelihood ... more
- Jack on Teachers, students to protest together I'm a student at st Bernard's college. Yesterday as protest was one that was derived from our colleges faith as Christians, ... more
- Turn it up on Teachers, students to protest together To everyone here commenting that this is disgusting and wrong and the students did not have a decision in the matter, Turn ... more
- Lina johns on Teachers, students to protest together Nice to see that we have young people in our community who have a heart and truly believe in humanity (children should not ... more
- Michael on Teachers, students to protest together I was a student at St Bernards.I couldn't be more proud. Well done boys and well done Tony. All you people having a whinge ... more
- Pedro on Teachers, students to protest together As a parent of a former 2014 St Bernard's College student, I congratulate Mr Paatsch on taking this leadership for the young ... more
- Sue on Teachers, students to protest together Disgusting that school teachers are allowed to infect our children with their views. more
- IBARKER on Teachers, students to protest together There is only one person that should their mouths and hands taped,that should be the TEACHER. more
- Flash on Teachers, students to protest together Brain washing, and the media doesn't. For your information and if you read the articles. Its completely option. I love ... more
- student on Teachers, students to protest together I am a student of the school in question and I can confidently say most of the opinions presented on this site are ... more
- jenny on Teachers, students to protest together when I was a kid at school my opinion was neither asked for or even valued. the issue of children in detention is so ... more
- Gloria on Teachers, students to protest together So typical of Catholic teaching, brainwash kids whilst they're young! more
- damien O'Neil on Teachers, students to protest together This bloke woukld have to be a member of the greens?? Doesn't have a clue and he is charge of teaching 1,400 students. God ... more
Opposition continues to attack PM over 'slush fund' document
Prime Minister Julia Gillard is expected to face another onslaught of questions over the Union slush fund on the final sitting day of the year.
The Australian reports documents from an internal investigation from Ms Gillard's former law firm prove she had more of a role in setting up an association which was later used as a slush fund.
The Prime Minister has again denied any wrong-doing.
Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop told Neil Mitchell that Prime Minister needs to answer to the allegations honestly.
"These just aren’t wild allegations these are actual legitimate questions going to breaches of the law,"
"What really disturbs me is that she has stone walled at every step of the way" Ms Bishop told Neil Mitchell.
Former Victorian Premier Jeff Kennett says these latest revelations call for a judicial inquiry.
"I am going to suggest here and now that the Prime Minister and the leader of the opposition ought to appoint a judge to hold a quick judicial inquiry in a matter of weeks," Kennett told Neil Mitchell.
"That person should be given the powers to subpoena people and documents and to resolve the issue one way or the other.
"This issue has stopped the government from governing at a critical time when it needs to govern."
@Matt and Annie King posting here - we simply do not support Gillard because she cannot handle the truth. Don't you people realise by now that she is nothing but a rotten damned liar, an obstinate person that is way way out of her depth. Thankfully, Slater and Gordon, Solicitors woke up to her but it seems the die hard labor party boofheads cannot discern a liar from a truthful person. Amen.Luigi T Cassimatis B.Ec Monday 14 January, 2013 - 8:18 PM
@ Alex - yes I agree wholeheartedly. This is the same hopeless, liar Gillard who has utterly stuffed our revered beautiful country Australia! She claims Mr Abbott cannot handle her so called 'capable women' in her now defunct labor party and cabinet. None are capable. Each is a damned anti-man fool - including Madame Milne with her disgusting comments recently about 'old white men'! Just bugger off please Gillard and take each of your communist damned comrades and your minders with you you rotten liar and proven fool of a woman!Rakesh A Aduk Friday 14 December, 2012 - 7:48 PM
@Henry posting here - an excellent comment. It even surpasses one recently made by our esteemed 2GB broadcaster, Mr Alan Jones where he deservedly postulated that....."Gillard should be placed in a chaff bag and thrown out to sea." In either case, she deserves to be shafted sooner rather than later. It is raw communism being thrust upon us here by her in my professional view!Samuel Kyrikos Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 1:28 PM
@Alex of Altona = please don't worry lady. Madame Jul-liar Eileen Gillard is not in my view an Australian. She is a ten pound pommy who migrated to our country with whoever gave birth to her I understand. She should have never, ever entered politics. We need a much more diligent entry system not only to this country but to these no hopers entering politics here.Jonathon L Benson Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 8:44 PM
come on david.makes no difference,any slightly intelligent person could never vote for a person who was put on the spot and failed so miserably.it was embarrassing.....garry Friday 30 November, 2012 - 11:07 PM
@ David posting here. This inveterate liar, Jul=liar Eileen Gillard cannot discern truth - in fact she would not know the meaning of the word! She is a proven liar i.e. with the carbon dioxide taxation rort aided and abetted by the boofhead Wayne Swan. The pair of them should have never, ever entered politics. Why! They cannot handle the truth the rotten bastards.Samuel J James Friday 30 November, 2012 - 9:30 PM