- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- Childcare system 'nonsense'
- Paul Dale, Rodney Collins excused from giving evidence
- Fog to cause Melbourne Airport delays
- Scissor bandit can't open cash till
- Government workers cashed in on cosy deals, IBAC hears
- 'Bring them home': Government calls for action
- Man killed in Burrumbuttock plane crash
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
- Marlene Gow on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' I wonder how Malthouse would've reacted if some other football identity spoke in that manner to his own daughter those few ... more
- kim on Victorian town's HIV scare Re the Dr Lester interview. It was said earlier in the morning - somewhere between 530 & 630 that the health professional ... more
- Faye on Young Aussies gored in bull run GO BULLS !! more
- Kevin on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' Good manners and decency cost nothing and go such a long way. Mick simply needs to be nice to people, it's not ... more
- Mark Ellison on Victorian town's HIV scare How does "coming into contact" with an HIV infected person, carry a risk? I presume the Health Professional isn't providing ... more
- Matt on Fans ripped-off by Tyson 'Meet & Greet' That is why I picked up the iron, him in the spa. more
- Amanda on Ice town: Victorian region's ... I know of a group of users in Neerim Sth. Folks should take a more loving stance on the unfortunate statement the journalist ... more
Opposition continues to attack PM over 'slush fund' document
Prime Minister Julia Gillard is expected to face another onslaught of questions over the Union slush fund on the final sitting day of the year.
The Australian reports documents from an internal investigation from Ms Gillard's former law firm prove she had more of a role in setting up an association which was later used as a slush fund.
The Prime Minister has again denied any wrong-doing.
Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop told Neil Mitchell that Prime Minister needs to answer to the allegations honestly.
"These just aren’t wild allegations these are actual legitimate questions going to breaches of the law,"
"What really disturbs me is that she has stone walled at every step of the way" Ms Bishop told Neil Mitchell.
Former Victorian Premier Jeff Kennett says these latest revelations call for a judicial inquiry.
"I am going to suggest here and now that the Prime Minister and the leader of the opposition ought to appoint a judge to hold a quick judicial inquiry in a matter of weeks," Kennett told Neil Mitchell.
"That person should be given the powers to subpoena people and documents and to resolve the issue one way or the other.
"This issue has stopped the government from governing at a critical time when it needs to govern."
@Matt and Annie King posting here - we simply do not support Gillard because she cannot handle the truth. Don't you people realise by now that she is nothing but a rotten damned liar, an obstinate person that is way way out of her depth. Thankfully, Slater and Gordon, Solicitors woke up to her but it seems the die hard labor party boofheads cannot discern a liar from a truthful person. Amen.Luigi T Cassimatis B.Ec Monday 14 January, 2013 - 8:18 PM
@ Alex - yes I agree wholeheartedly. This is the same hopeless, liar Gillard who has utterly stuffed our revered beautiful country Australia! She claims Mr Abbott cannot handle her so called 'capable women' in her now defunct labor party and cabinet. None are capable. Each is a damned anti-man fool - including Madame Milne with her disgusting comments recently about 'old white men'! Just bugger off please Gillard and take each of your communist damned comrades and your minders with you you rotten liar and proven fool of a woman!Rakesh A Aduk Friday 14 December, 2012 - 7:48 PM
@Henry posting here - an excellent comment. It even surpasses one recently made by our esteemed 2GB broadcaster, Mr Alan Jones where he deservedly postulated that....."Gillard should be placed in a chaff bag and thrown out to sea." In either case, she deserves to be shafted sooner rather than later. It is raw communism being thrust upon us here by her in my professional view!Samuel Kyrikos Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 1:28 PM
@Alex of Altona = please don't worry lady. Madame Jul-liar Eileen Gillard is not in my view an Australian. She is a ten pound pommy who migrated to our country with whoever gave birth to her I understand. She should have never, ever entered politics. We need a much more diligent entry system not only to this country but to these no hopers entering politics here.Jonathon L Benson Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 8:44 PM
come on david.makes no difference,any slightly intelligent person could never vote for a person who was put on the spot and failed so miserably.it was embarrassing.....garry Friday 30 November, 2012 - 11:07 PM
@ David posting here. This inveterate liar, Jul=liar Eileen Gillard cannot discern truth - in fact she would not know the meaning of the word! She is a proven liar i.e. with the carbon dioxide taxation rort aided and abetted by the boofhead Wayne Swan. The pair of them should have never, ever entered politics. Why! They cannot handle the truth the rotten bastards.Samuel J James Friday 30 November, 2012 - 9:30 PM