- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Opposition continues to attack PM over 'slush fund' document
Prime Minister Julia Gillard is expected to face another onslaught of questions over the Union slush fund on the final sitting day of the year.
The Australian reports documents from an internal investigation from Ms Gillard's former law firm prove she had more of a role in setting up an association which was later used as a slush fund.
The Prime Minister has again denied any wrong-doing.
Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop told Neil Mitchell that Prime Minister needs to answer to the allegations honestly.
"These just aren’t wild allegations these are actual legitimate questions going to breaches of the law,"
"What really disturbs me is that she has stone walled at every step of the way" Ms Bishop told Neil Mitchell.
Former Victorian Premier Jeff Kennett says these latest revelations call for a judicial inquiry.
"I am going to suggest here and now that the Prime Minister and the leader of the opposition ought to appoint a judge to hold a quick judicial inquiry in a matter of weeks," Kennett told Neil Mitchell.
"That person should be given the powers to subpoena people and documents and to resolve the issue one way or the other.
"This issue has stopped the government from governing at a critical time when it needs to govern."
@Matt and Annie King posting here - we simply do not support Gillard because she cannot handle the truth. Don't you people realise by now that she is nothing but a rotten damned liar, an obstinate person that is way way out of her depth. Thankfully, Slater and Gordon, Solicitors woke up to her but it seems the die hard labor party boofheads cannot discern a liar from a truthful person. Amen.Luigi T Cassimatis B.Ec Monday 14 January, 2013 - 8:18 PM
@ Alex - yes I agree wholeheartedly. This is the same hopeless, liar Gillard who has utterly stuffed our revered beautiful country Australia! She claims Mr Abbott cannot handle her so called 'capable women' in her now defunct labor party and cabinet. None are capable. Each is a damned anti-man fool - including Madame Milne with her disgusting comments recently about 'old white men'! Just bugger off please Gillard and take each of your communist damned comrades and your minders with you you rotten liar and proven fool of a woman!Rakesh A Aduk Friday 14 December, 2012 - 7:48 PM
@Henry posting here - an excellent comment. It even surpasses one recently made by our esteemed 2GB broadcaster, Mr Alan Jones where he deservedly postulated that....."Gillard should be placed in a chaff bag and thrown out to sea." In either case, she deserves to be shafted sooner rather than later. It is raw communism being thrust upon us here by her in my professional view!Samuel Kyrikos Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 1:28 PM
@Alex of Altona = please don't worry lady. Madame Jul-liar Eileen Gillard is not in my view an Australian. She is a ten pound pommy who migrated to our country with whoever gave birth to her I understand. She should have never, ever entered politics. We need a much more diligent entry system not only to this country but to these no hopers entering politics here.Jonathon L Benson Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 8:44 PM
come on david.makes no difference,any slightly intelligent person could never vote for a person who was put on the spot and failed so miserably.it was embarrassing.....garry Friday 30 November, 2012 - 11:07 PM
@ David posting here. This inveterate liar, Jul=liar Eileen Gillard cannot discern truth - in fact she would not know the meaning of the word! She is a proven liar i.e. with the carbon dioxide taxation rort aided and abetted by the boofhead Wayne Swan. The pair of them should have never, ever entered politics. Why! They cannot handle the truth the rotten bastards.Samuel J James Friday 30 November, 2012 - 9:30 PM