- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- I found the experience so deeply unsettling
- 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives'
- $400k fire at iconic St Kilda restaurant
- $350k gone in brazen copper heist
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
Patti: "I didn't think Bert would make it'
Patti Newton has admitted she didn't think Bert would survive major heart surgery.
The 74-year old TV icon was released from hospital yesterday following a quadruple bypass last month.
Patti has told Neil Mitchell there were real worries about whether he would survive the operation.
"I didn't think he was going to make it because he's already had a couple of heart attacks," Patti said with a noticeably hoarse voice.
"He kept telling me before the surgery 'I've had a great life, and I know you're in a good place, we'll be ok," she said.
Patti said Bert's serious case of pneumonia last June made him face his mortality in a way she's never seen before.
"His lungs were not that great because of his bout of pneumonia. Thank God there were lots of good people looking after him and thanks to them he pulled through.
"I've lost my voice, I've been under so much stress, but I'm fine now, we're thrilled to have Bert home," she said.
PLAY: Patti Newton with Neil Mitchell
I'm just glad his rug is also ok. Did they give that a spruce up while Bert was laid up?Matt - proudly Un-Australian Monday 10 December, 2012 - 9:32 AM
Iam over all the ego attention seeking Newtons>Steve Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Bert, you are a true icon.Iam 68 and you have made me laugh for most of my life. I truly wish you the best of health and to Patti. You have both been a true inspiration and have bought joy to many. Just being Bert and Patti, we need you around for a long time to come. Get well soonChris Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 7:54 AM
What else would Patti say after all she is a drama queen whats next the musical??Steve Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 2:55 AM
Didn't know Bert actually had a heart. I am sure Patti is thrilled that Bert is home and Mathew is not home.Ivan@kinnane Friday 7 December, 2012 - 3:21 PM
Bert /Bert / Retire,and live rest of your life with your loved ones. Forget the "EGO"IAN Friday 7 December, 2012 - 3:20 PM