- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- Laverton home goes up in flames
- William and Kate avoid Melbourne on royal tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
Patti: "I didn't think Bert would make it'
Patti Newton has admitted she didn't think Bert would survive major heart surgery.
The 74-year old TV icon was released from hospital yesterday following a quadruple bypass last month.
Patti has told Neil Mitchell there were real worries about whether he would survive the operation.
"I didn't think he was going to make it because he's already had a couple of heart attacks," Patti said with a noticeably hoarse voice.
"He kept telling me before the surgery 'I've had a great life, and I know you're in a good place, we'll be ok," she said.
Patti said Bert's serious case of pneumonia last June made him face his mortality in a way she's never seen before.
"His lungs were not that great because of his bout of pneumonia. Thank God there were lots of good people looking after him and thanks to them he pulled through.
"I've lost my voice, I've been under so much stress, but I'm fine now, we're thrilled to have Bert home," she said.
PLAY: Patti Newton with Neil Mitchell
I'm just glad his rug is also ok. Did they give that a spruce up while Bert was laid up?Matt - proudly Un-Australian Monday 10 December, 2012 - 9:32 AM
Iam over all the ego attention seeking Newtons>Steve Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Bert, you are a true icon.Iam 68 and you have made me laugh for most of my life. I truly wish you the best of health and to Patti. You have both been a true inspiration and have bought joy to many. Just being Bert and Patti, we need you around for a long time to come. Get well soonChris Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 7:54 AM
What else would Patti say after all she is a drama queen whats next the musical??Steve Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 2:55 AM
Didn't know Bert actually had a heart. I am sure Patti is thrilled that Bert is home and Mathew is not home.Ivan@kinnane Friday 7 December, 2012 - 3:21 PM
Bert /Bert / Retire,and live rest of your life with your loved ones. Forget the "EGO"IAN Friday 7 December, 2012 - 3:20 PM