- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Reward offered for information on Grandmother's murder
- Western Bulldogs dump cheer squad
- 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': Puneet
- Victoria shivers through coldest December day in seven years
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Simon on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just part of the legacy of Steve Bracks! I miss being able to ride a tram occasionally but its too damn difficult. I hope ... more
- Carole Campisano on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Puneet is only concerned about his own welfare right now,it's all about him.He hasn't considered the poor victim's ... more
- jason on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 A great man who can now rest in peace. As for Mylene, you really are a weird miserable thing. more
- jason on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Another ripper Labor project which was estimated at $400,000 yet turned out to be the world's most expensive ticketing sytem ... more
- Christine on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... I totally agree with Trent's comments. This person has a nerve carrying on about how he thinks he will be treated, when he ... more
- Lukew on Myki confusion forces closure of ... I am not surprised. Myki confusion is reducing the number of people using public transport, especially casual users and ... more
- Gloss on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 You must all know by now that mylene never misses an opportunity to slag off at Tony and the Libs. Yes a true lefty with a ... more
- Steve on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This gutless coward will be treated for what he is a hit and run driver and when there is a fatality he deserves to do time ... more
- Mark on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Oh Mylene - what a cuddly witty little lefty you are. Your lack of decency and judgement knows no boundaries. more
- trent on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... He won't be treated as a terrorist. He'll be treated as what he is - a coward and a reckless, worthless, uncaring killer. more
- Craig on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This man needs to take responsibility and face what he did... more
- JamesD on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Just watched Mitchell's interview with Nelson - have to say I was surprised he was chosen to do it but he performed well more
- William Griffin on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene never let a solemn moment like the death of Nelson Mandela to say something silly. The people have spoken wether we ... more
- William Griffin on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What you do you not get Puneet you pleaded guilty to a crime now you are to be held to account you scream I am be treated ... more
- mylene on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Ironic we hear about the death of guy who united South Africa while Neil 'interviews' the man who's divided Australia. ;) more
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
- Janet Saunders on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am sick of the 3aw dropping out all the time, I changed to chrome, but no better. I think I need to change radio stations, ... more
- Mick on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs Joyce has gone from trimming QANTAS to destroying it. It seems he is hell bent on making it fail. He is ruining one of the ... more
- Peter on Having issues streaming 3AW? Since you have updated the streaming side to 3AW I can no longer listen at work :( I can not change any browser settings as ... more
- Aria Judilla on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs These job cuts are brought to you by Qantas management. The same management who recently begged shareholders for extra money ... more
Patti: "I didn't think Bert would make it'
Patti Newton has admitted she didn't think Bert would survive major heart surgery.
The 74-year old TV icon was released from hospital yesterday following a quadruple bypass last month.
Patti has told Neil Mitchell there were real worries about whether he would survive the operation.
"I didn't think he was going to make it because he's already had a couple of heart attacks," Patti said with a noticeably hoarse voice.
"He kept telling me before the surgery 'I've had a great life, and I know you're in a good place, we'll be ok," she said.
Patti said Bert's serious case of pneumonia last June made him face his mortality in a way she's never seen before.
"His lungs were not that great because of his bout of pneumonia. Thank God there were lots of good people looking after him and thanks to them he pulled through.
"I've lost my voice, I've been under so much stress, but I'm fine now, we're thrilled to have Bert home," she said.
PLAY: Patti Newton with Neil Mitchell
I'm just glad his rug is also ok. Did they give that a spruce up while Bert was laid up?Matt - proudly Un-Australian Monday 10 December, 2012 - 9:32 AM
Iam over all the ego attention seeking Newtons>Steve Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Bert, you are a true icon.Iam 68 and you have made me laugh for most of my life. I truly wish you the best of health and to Patti. You have both been a true inspiration and have bought joy to many. Just being Bert and Patti, we need you around for a long time to come. Get well soonChris Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 7:54 AM
What else would Patti say after all she is a drama queen whats next the musical??Steve Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 2:55 AM
Didn't know Bert actually had a heart. I am sure Patti is thrilled that Bert is home and Mathew is not home.Ivan@kinnane Friday 7 December, 2012 - 3:21 PM
Bert /Bert / Retire,and live rest of your life with your loved ones. Forget the "EGO"IAN Friday 7 December, 2012 - 3:20 PM