- 'Heads must roll, or the voters will roll you'
- On the road with Patty the poet cabbie
- Marathon hero, hamburger lover
- Peter Slipper found guilty
- Demons sign Paul Roos for another year
- Seal swims to South Yarra
- Police investigate football leg break
- Umpire reverses match-winning goal for 'faked' injury
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
Patti: "I didn't think Bert would make it'
Patti Newton has admitted she didn't think Bert would survive major heart surgery.
The 74-year old TV icon was released from hospital yesterday following a quadruple bypass last month.
Patti has told Neil Mitchell there were real worries about whether he would survive the operation.
"I didn't think he was going to make it because he's already had a couple of heart attacks," Patti said with a noticeably hoarse voice.
"He kept telling me before the surgery 'I've had a great life, and I know you're in a good place, we'll be ok," she said.
Patti said Bert's serious case of pneumonia last June made him face his mortality in a way she's never seen before.
"His lungs were not that great because of his bout of pneumonia. Thank God there were lots of good people looking after him and thanks to them he pulled through.
"I've lost my voice, I've been under so much stress, but I'm fine now, we're thrilled to have Bert home," she said.
PLAY: Patti Newton with Neil Mitchell
I'm just glad his rug is also ok. Did they give that a spruce up while Bert was laid up?Matt - proudly Un-Australian Monday 10 December, 2012 - 9:32 AM
Iam over all the ego attention seeking Newtons>Steve Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Bert, you are a true icon.Iam 68 and you have made me laugh for most of my life. I truly wish you the best of health and to Patti. You have both been a true inspiration and have bought joy to many. Just being Bert and Patti, we need you around for a long time to come. Get well soonChris Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 7:54 AM
What else would Patti say after all she is a drama queen whats next the musical??Steve Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 2:55 AM
Didn't know Bert actually had a heart. I am sure Patti is thrilled that Bert is home and Mathew is not home.Ivan@kinnane Friday 7 December, 2012 - 3:21 PM
Bert /Bert / Retire,and live rest of your life with your loved ones. Forget the "EGO"IAN Friday 7 December, 2012 - 3:20 PM