- Policeman in hospital after hit-run ram
- CFMEU's Grocon blockade unlawful: Supreme Court
- AFL footballer's stalker 'hacked Facebook', organised 'orgy'
- Teenager stabbed amid armed hold up at Ashwood bottle shop
- Two men charged with eight counts of rape
- Rumour as tweet: NSW Waratahs' embarrassing post
- London: Two more suspects arrested following brutal beheading
- Elderly assault victim passes away
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- sneha on High school grades aren't everything im an asian and im a good student, im not amazing but i am usually getting above average scores around 80+. i may be asian ... more
- fay silk on Two men charged with eight counts of ... 1. bring back hanging for rape.2. if these poor women had access to guns and the training to use them then they would be ... more
- fay silk on Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: ... Its hard to think how many would come to Gina's funeral and how many thousands will come to Hazel Hawkes! one is a selfish ... more
- fay silk on CFMEU's Grocon blockade unlawful: ... What a surprise! Not. The so called law courts would always rule against workers right to protest organize and withdraw ... more
- sad but so what?! on Hazel Hawke passes away What is she famous for? Being the ex-wife of Bob Hawke. That's it! Why is the media making such a big deal? Is this going to ... more
- Jean on London: Two more suspects arrested ... Words fail me as to how anyone could do such a cowardly and barbaric act to another human being. Its beyond belief that ... more
- sandra on Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: ... intelligence and INTEGRITY thats a bit rich more
- Rich on Teenager stabbed amid armed hold up at ... Not to detract from the fact that the kid is recovering in hospital but why is there a 17 year old working in a liquor store? more
- mylene on Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: ... Shouldn't there be some kind of disclosure about how much of Fairfax Ms Rinehart holds? It's the only poll I've ever ready ... more
- Peggy on London: Two more suspects arrested ... Every time I think about this it truly disturbs me. This was so horrible that it's hard to accept that a human can do this. ... more
- Monica on London: Two more suspects arrested ... Tragic story and for what? He died in the name allah to display peace and tolerance. Are we really ready to embrace this? more
- James Shaw on Providing incentive is the key to ... TomYour arrogance these last few weeks has been astounding. Tonight, 23 May, you had the audacity to claim you were not ... more
- geert on Terror in London: UK soldier hacked to ... anyone remember geert wilders in australia 6 months ago i believe he was warning us about exactly this, wake up australia!!! more
- Matt - proudly Un-Australian on Jon Anderson rates the 'Four Kings': ... Hagler is my all time favourite boxer & I tried to copy him when I fought, except I wasn't a southpaw. Ray Leonard was the ... more
- Gazza on Hazel Hawke passes away A legend of the workers for the workers.RIP Hazel........ more
- mandy on Hazel Hawke passes away A strong and talented woman I admired her views. more
- mandy on Terror in London: UK soldier hacked to ... What a disgrace an innocent man slaughtered with the blood dripping from that monsters murderous hands they should have been ... more
- Rob on Terror in London: UK soldier hacked to ... What a weird video. At 17 seconds a lady is walking straight up to him and then it is edited by some one. Then at the end, ... more
- Name & Shame on Elderly man fighting for life, police ... How dare this low life force this elderly couple of the road and ruin what little time they have left on this earth. more
- Not Welcome Here on Terror in London: UK soldier hacked to ... If these murderers and all those who have such a hatred for the country they live in, why not go back to their ... more
Patti: "I didn't think Bert would make it'
Patti Newton has admitted she didn't think Bert would survive major heart surgery.
The 74-year old TV icon was released from hospital yesterday following a quadruple bypass last month.
Patti has told Neil Mitchell there were real worries about whether he would survive the operation.
"I didn't think he was going to make it because he's already had a couple of heart attacks," Patti said with a noticeably hoarse voice.
"He kept telling me before the surgery 'I've had a great life, and I know you're in a good place, we'll be ok," she said.
Patti said Bert's serious case of pneumonia last June made him face his mortality in a way she's never seen before.
"His lungs were not that great because of his bout of pneumonia. Thank God there were lots of good people looking after him and thanks to them he pulled through.
"I've lost my voice, I've been under so much stress, but I'm fine now, we're thrilled to have Bert home," she said.
PLAY: Patti Newton with Neil Mitchell
I'm just glad his rug is also ok. Did they give that a spruce up while Bert was laid up?Matt - proudly Un-Australian Monday 10 December, 2012 - 9:32 AM
Iam over all the ego attention seeking Newtons>Steve Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Bert, you are a true icon.Iam 68 and you have made me laugh for most of my life. I truly wish you the best of health and to Patti. You have both been a true inspiration and have bought joy to many. Just being Bert and Patti, we need you around for a long time to come. Get well soonChris Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 7:54 AM
What else would Patti say after all she is a drama queen whats next the musical??Steve Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 2:55 AM
Didn't know Bert actually had a heart. I am sure Patti is thrilled that Bert is home and Mathew is not home.Ivan@kinnane Friday 7 December, 2012 - 3:21 PM
Bert /Bert / Retire,and live rest of your life with your loved ones. Forget the "EGO"IAN Friday 7 December, 2012 - 3:20 PM