- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- A letter from the chaos
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Person of interest sought over Sarah Cafferkey's death
TUESDAY: A Bacchus Marsh local claims Sarah Cafferkey was seen with the 'person of interest' sought in relation to her murder, Steven James Hunter, 46, the Saturday night after she disappeared.
Elise, a Bacchus Marsh local, told Neil Mitchell she had heard Hunter the man was seen with Ms Cafferkey at a pub on the Saturday night - a day after she first went missing.
"From all the information that I've gathered, someone close to me saw him Saturday night with Sarah at the pub sitting right next to her talking to her and that was the night she went missing," she said.
Police had been urging Hunter man to come forward and speak with them in relation to the 22-year-old Baccus Marsh woman's murder.
Elise said she didn't know Hunter personally, but said she was acquainted with Ms Cafferkey.
"She's just a beautiful person and it's a shock to everyone," she said.
"It has just rocked the whole suburb."
'Suzanne', a mother of one of Ms Cafferkey's friends, told Neil Mitchell the 22-year-old was always polite, well-mannered and always wanted to have a good time.
'Suzanne' said she felt deeply for Ms Cafferkey's mother, with the alleged murder victim being her only child.
"She has nothing, nothing left. Her life is ruined forever. Her baby is gone," she said.
'Suzanne' said her two daughters were frightened and angry their friend had been murdered.
"They just don't understand how something like this happen," she said.
Former Homicide detective and Herald Sun writer Charlie Bezzina told Neil Mitchell Police would look into all known associates of Hunter, a national alert would be issued to all Police forces around the country and to all international departure points. He said if the man had a history of international travel, Interpol would also be notified.
Messages on Sarah Cafferkey's Facebook. (Image: Facebook)
Sarah Cafferkey's body was formally identified as the body found at a Fongeo Drive, Point Cook residence last night.
MONDAY: An autopsy is hoped to determine how a woman, believed to be missing Bacchus Marsh woman Sarah Cafferkey, wound up dead in a Point Cook house.
The Homicide Squad are now investigating the disappearance of missing Sarah Cafferkey.
A warrant was executed early yesterday morning at a residence in Fongeo Drive in Point Cook, which led to the discovery of human remains which are yet to be identified.
The Herald Sun reports the raided house is rented by two men.
Friends were reportedly concerned by threatening messages left on Ms Cafferkey’s Facebook page last week, passing the comments onto Police.
Detective Inspector Michael Roberts told Neil Mitchell Ms Cafferkey's former boyfriend is not a suspect at this stage.
Mr Roberts said it was believed the body found in Point Cook had 'absolutely' met with foul play.
"This is a murder investigation," he said.
Mr Roberts declined to go into the specifics of the investigation, including whether the residents of the Fongeo Drive home had been spoken to by Police, in order to avoiding affecting the case's outcome.
"What we would be asking for is for anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers as soon as they could," he said.
The cause of death is so far unknown with an autopsy currently underway.
Ms Cafferkey’s car was found in Owen Street, Maribyrnong on Tuesday evening, and Police wish to speak to anyone who may have seen her or her car around the area.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit the website at www.crimestoppers.com.au.
FRIDAY: Police confirm the car belonging to missing 22-year-old Sarah Cafferkey has been found in a suburban street in Maribyrnong.
Victoria Police Sergeant Glenn Saw told Derryn Hinch Sarah was not located with the locked vehicle, with her whereabouts still unknown.
"As far as we're aware at this stage, we're unsure of any connect to (Sarah and) that area," he said.
Reports that Sarah saw a friend on Saturday are still unconfirmed with Police.
"The last we know is that she was at home with her mum on Friday," Sergeant Saw said.
"She hasn't returned home since that time."
Sergeant Saw said Sarah suffers from a rare form of asthma which requires medication.
"We're unaware if she has that medication with her at this stage," he said.
Sergeant Saw has appealed to anyone in the Maribyrnong area who may have seen Sarah or who may have sold her asthma medication.
THURSDAY: Concerns are held for the welfare of a young Bacchus Marsh woman who disappeared after a night out last week.
Sarah Cafferkey, 22, was last seen by her family last Friday before heading out with friends.
Ms Cafferky’s silver 2001 Astra sedan with the registration ‘OOHSEZ’ is also missing.
Police said Ms Cafferky has a medical condition which requires medication.
She is described as Caucasian with a fair complexion, 168cm tall, thin build, black shoulder length straight hair with green eyes.
Anyone who sees Sarah or her vehicle is urged to call triple zero (000) .
LISTEN: Police reporter Yvette Gray speaks with Ross and John:
Please note: Any comments deemed to be prejudicial to this case will not be published.
Admiring the dedication you put into your website and in
depth information you offer. It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same out of date rehashed information.
Fantastic read! I've saved your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google
account.easy methods to avoid premature ejaculation Sunday 30 December, 2012 - 8:38 AM