- Teenager stabbed amid armed hold up at Ashwood bottle shop
- Two men charged with eight counts of rape
- Rumour as tweet: NSW Waratahs' embarrassing post
- London: Two more suspects arrested following brutal beheading
- Elderly assault victim passes away
- Witness appeal following CBD hit-run
- Hazel Hawke passes away
- Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: Forbes
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mandy on Hazel Hawke passes away A strong and talented woman I admired her views. more
- Joybells on Hazel Hawke passes away Hazel Hawke was such a lady, well respected and loved & will be greatly missed.She truly was a gr8 Australian. more
- Anita Elkington on Hazel Hawke passes away A truly beautiful wonderful woman , so sad , more
- Matt - proudly Un-Australian on Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: ... Get real, she doesn't even like her own children, what sort of woman is that??? Money over your own kids, that is evil. more
- Schtang on Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: ... Gina Rinehart is only powerful due to her money - Julia Gillard is powerful due to her intelligence & integrity. more
- Tim Whiteside on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Hi Guys, I've been listening to the ABC for a lifetime but really had enough of Red Symonds who ,so self-obsessed ... more
- Rod Evans on One person trapped after army base tank ... Best wishes to the boys injured in the service of their country. more
- Who's Paying??? on Craig Thomson MP faces 19 extra charges I've never ever known of a court case to drag on for so many years. Are we the taxpayer paying his bills? more
- Jillian on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Another stabbing in the community, but if this case is going to toughen up our legal finding's on stabbing cases then I ... more
- Jillian on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... If only dog's could talk! God bless the both of you. more
- mandy on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... Something good came out of something so bad. Amazing how that little dog survived. more
- Gerard on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Assistant Commissioner Robert Hill is yet again 'over the hill'.I take it he wants to make his job even easier than it ... more
- KNOW-ALL COPPER on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... ANOTHER CASE OF A GEN X COP, SUSS AT THAT, TALKING DOWN TO THE GENERATION BELOW HIM.NOTHING IS NEW HERE. THIS AGE GROUP X ... more
- Pj on Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay ... Rudd changed his mind? Like he did on the Spill leaving his mates high and dry? Note for us: Lets not give him an ... more
- Greg on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... And this fool was in charge of young AFL players futures.What a role model,not more
- Greg on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... What a huge con the .05 system is.It tells people you can drink & drive but not over that limit.Why not have a zero limit ... more
- Sarah on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... As a current green P-plater with no desire to ever drive after having even one drink, this doesn't bother me at all... If it ... more
- mylene on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... The Nanny State lives!! more
- Jillian on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... How about having a number plate H for hoon or D for drink driver. Let these unstable driver's be known to the motorist on ... more
- robynne on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... I would say till 21,also they should have defencive driving classes at school! more
Person of interest sought over Sarah Cafferkey's death
TUESDAY: A Bacchus Marsh local claims Sarah Cafferkey was seen with the 'person of interest' sought in relation to her murder, Steven James Hunter, 46, the Saturday night after she disappeared.
Elise, a Bacchus Marsh local, told Neil Mitchell she had heard Hunter the man was seen with Ms Cafferkey at a pub on the Saturday night - a day after she first went missing.
"From all the information that I've gathered, someone close to me saw him Saturday night with Sarah at the pub sitting right next to her talking to her and that was the night she went missing," she said.
Police had been urging Hunter man to come forward and speak with them in relation to the 22-year-old Baccus Marsh woman's murder.
Elise said she didn't know Hunter personally, but said she was acquainted with Ms Cafferkey.
"She's just a beautiful person and it's a shock to everyone," she said.
"It has just rocked the whole suburb."
'Suzanne', a mother of one of Ms Cafferkey's friends, told Neil Mitchell the 22-year-old was always polite, well-mannered and always wanted to have a good time.
'Suzanne' said she felt deeply for Ms Cafferkey's mother, with the alleged murder victim being her only child.
"She has nothing, nothing left. Her life is ruined forever. Her baby is gone," she said.
'Suzanne' said her two daughters were frightened and angry their friend had been murdered.
"They just don't understand how something like this happen," she said.
Former Homicide detective and Herald Sun writer Charlie Bezzina told Neil Mitchell Police would look into all known associates of Hunter, a national alert would be issued to all Police forces around the country and to all international departure points. He said if the man had a history of international travel, Interpol would also be notified.
Messages on Sarah Cafferkey's Facebook. (Image: Facebook)
Sarah Cafferkey's body was formally identified as the body found at a Fongeo Drive, Point Cook residence last night.
MONDAY: An autopsy is hoped to determine how a woman, believed to be missing Bacchus Marsh woman Sarah Cafferkey, wound up dead in a Point Cook house.
The Homicide Squad are now investigating the disappearance of missing Sarah Cafferkey.
A warrant was executed early yesterday morning at a residence in Fongeo Drive in Point Cook, which led to the discovery of human remains which are yet to be identified.
The Herald Sun reports the raided house is rented by two men.
Friends were reportedly concerned by threatening messages left on Ms Cafferkey’s Facebook page last week, passing the comments onto Police.
Detective Inspector Michael Roberts told Neil Mitchell Ms Cafferkey's former boyfriend is not a suspect at this stage.
Mr Roberts said it was believed the body found in Point Cook had 'absolutely' met with foul play.
"This is a murder investigation," he said.
Mr Roberts declined to go into the specifics of the investigation, including whether the residents of the Fongeo Drive home had been spoken to by Police, in order to avoiding affecting the case's outcome.
"What we would be asking for is for anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers as soon as they could," he said.
The cause of death is so far unknown with an autopsy currently underway.
Ms Cafferkey’s car was found in Owen Street, Maribyrnong on Tuesday evening, and Police wish to speak to anyone who may have seen her or her car around the area.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit the website at www.crimestoppers.com.au.
FRIDAY: Police confirm the car belonging to missing 22-year-old Sarah Cafferkey has been found in a suburban street in Maribyrnong.
Victoria Police Sergeant Glenn Saw told Derryn Hinch Sarah was not located with the locked vehicle, with her whereabouts still unknown.
"As far as we're aware at this stage, we're unsure of any connect to (Sarah and) that area," he said.
Reports that Sarah saw a friend on Saturday are still unconfirmed with Police.
"The last we know is that she was at home with her mum on Friday," Sergeant Saw said.
"She hasn't returned home since that time."
Sergeant Saw said Sarah suffers from a rare form of asthma which requires medication.
"We're unaware if she has that medication with her at this stage," he said.
Sergeant Saw has appealed to anyone in the Maribyrnong area who may have seen Sarah or who may have sold her asthma medication.
THURSDAY: Concerns are held for the welfare of a young Bacchus Marsh woman who disappeared after a night out last week.
Sarah Cafferkey, 22, was last seen by her family last Friday before heading out with friends.
Ms Cafferky’s silver 2001 Astra sedan with the registration ‘OOHSEZ’ is also missing.
Police said Ms Cafferky has a medical condition which requires medication.
She is described as Caucasian with a fair complexion, 168cm tall, thin build, black shoulder length straight hair with green eyes.
Anyone who sees Sarah or her vehicle is urged to call triple zero (000) .
LISTEN: Police reporter Yvette Gray speaks with Ross and John:
Please note: Any comments deemed to be prejudicial to this case will not be published.
Admiring the dedication you put into your website and in
depth information you offer. It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same out of date rehashed information.
Fantastic read! I've saved your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google
account.easy methods to avoid premature ejaculation Sunday 30 December, 2012 - 8:38 AM