- GWS joins gay marriage debate
- Smoking cops 'not a good look'
- Sly's Policeman of the year award
- Husband's 'brutal' bludgeoning to stop wife moving
- The most powerful selfie ever?
- Bung case not limited to one man: Lay
- Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry assistance
- Concerns for missing 14-year-old
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Shields on ASADA set to charge Bombers: Sly Ahmed Saad has been individually penalised for his indiscretion so when are the Bomber players going to be charged ,Watson ... more
- Sinbad on Sly's Policeman of the year award Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......ahhhh 'fruitloop'....time to fortify the gates, set the alarms and take a double dose of ... more
- Emerald on GWS joins gay marriage debate I don't think anyone coming out in support of marriage equality is playing politics, only homophobes would see it that way. more
- 3am drunken cops on Sly's Policeman of the year award Provocation is no defence in Vic, but cheap drinks at the police club is the square up.Computers can only give you so much ... more
- Peggy on Preston road rage caught on camera But Neil, the ute is registered and it still happened. Isn't paying rego meant to stop this from happening?Bill from ... more
- PH on Smoking cops 'not a good look' I think you mean discreet (secretive) rather than discrete (separate).Let's hope they used an ashtray and didn't illegally ... more
- GIW on GWS joins gay marriage debate I wonder if ALL the players are in accord with this and will they display a rainbow logo on their jumpers? more
- David R on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Is smoking Illegal? No. Then what does it matter? more
- Steve on Sly's Policeman of the year award Must be a mate of slys>.. more
- Steve on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... All manufacturing in this country is on shaky ground because of union demands for high wages who's next to fold up?? more
- C. McDonald on Having issues streaming 3AW? I moved to Daylesford and cannot get 3AW although driving along the Calder to bendigo and then Echuca in my car I can get AW ... more
- Maureen on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... The unions don't get it. They are the reason that manufacturing is doomed in Australia. That, and years of a useless Labor ... more
- Jake on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Lay has presided over the new image of black-shirt gestapo police, so who cares about the smoking. more
- Pradman on Murder suspect in dispute over plaster ... He should have got a job with Mick Gatto; easier than plastering. more
- Give Up on Having issues streaming 3AW? I can't listen or watch 3AW any more - so sad. Will have to stick to the odd hour or two in the car. more
- Pradman on Video: Shark in Port Phillip Bay? There are plenty of bronze whalers seen in the bay every year from Rye to the heads. They clean up the dead seal carcasses. more
- Wayne on Preston road rage caught on camera This footage clearly shows the suction cup of a window mount for the phone so this recording is no more illegal than someone ... more
- nik on Preston road rage caught on camera I'm amazed the pic wasn't photoshopped and the use replaced with a bike! more
- bc on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... ask mud guts hockey to take a pay cut not on your life buddy neil ask hockey how much is it costing the tax payers flying ... more
- double standards for coppers on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Former Victoria Police detective Charlie Bezzina, who has(had) 38 years experience in force, says sometimes internal police ... more
Person of interest sought over Sarah Cafferkey's death
TUESDAY: A Bacchus Marsh local claims Sarah Cafferkey was seen with the 'person of interest' sought in relation to her murder, Steven James Hunter, 46, the Saturday night after she disappeared.
Elise, a Bacchus Marsh local, told Neil Mitchell she had heard Hunter the man was seen with Ms Cafferkey at a pub on the Saturday night - a day after she first went missing.
"From all the information that I've gathered, someone close to me saw him Saturday night with Sarah at the pub sitting right next to her talking to her and that was the night she went missing," she said.
Police had been urging Hunter man to come forward and speak with them in relation to the 22-year-old Baccus Marsh woman's murder.
Elise said she didn't know Hunter personally, but said she was acquainted with Ms Cafferkey.
"She's just a beautiful person and it's a shock to everyone," she said.
"It has just rocked the whole suburb."
'Suzanne', a mother of one of Ms Cafferkey's friends, told Neil Mitchell the 22-year-old was always polite, well-mannered and always wanted to have a good time.
'Suzanne' said she felt deeply for Ms Cafferkey's mother, with the alleged murder victim being her only child.
"She has nothing, nothing left. Her life is ruined forever. Her baby is gone," she said.
'Suzanne' said her two daughters were frightened and angry their friend had been murdered.
"They just don't understand how something like this happen," she said.
Former Homicide detective and Herald Sun writer Charlie Bezzina told Neil Mitchell Police would look into all known associates of Hunter, a national alert would be issued to all Police forces around the country and to all international departure points. He said if the man had a history of international travel, Interpol would also be notified.
Messages on Sarah Cafferkey's Facebook. (Image: Facebook)
Sarah Cafferkey's body was formally identified as the body found at a Fongeo Drive, Point Cook residence last night.
MONDAY: An autopsy is hoped to determine how a woman, believed to be missing Bacchus Marsh woman Sarah Cafferkey, wound up dead in a Point Cook house.
The Homicide Squad are now investigating the disappearance of missing Sarah Cafferkey.
A warrant was executed early yesterday morning at a residence in Fongeo Drive in Point Cook, which led to the discovery of human remains which are yet to be identified.
The Herald Sun reports the raided house is rented by two men.
Friends were reportedly concerned by threatening messages left on Ms Cafferkey’s Facebook page last week, passing the comments onto Police.
Detective Inspector Michael Roberts told Neil Mitchell Ms Cafferkey's former boyfriend is not a suspect at this stage.
Mr Roberts said it was believed the body found in Point Cook had 'absolutely' met with foul play.
"This is a murder investigation," he said.
Mr Roberts declined to go into the specifics of the investigation, including whether the residents of the Fongeo Drive home had been spoken to by Police, in order to avoiding affecting the case's outcome.
"What we would be asking for is for anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers as soon as they could," he said.
The cause of death is so far unknown with an autopsy currently underway.
Ms Cafferkey’s car was found in Owen Street, Maribyrnong on Tuesday evening, and Police wish to speak to anyone who may have seen her or her car around the area.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit the website at www.crimestoppers.com.au.
FRIDAY: Police confirm the car belonging to missing 22-year-old Sarah Cafferkey has been found in a suburban street in Maribyrnong.
Victoria Police Sergeant Glenn Saw told Derryn Hinch Sarah was not located with the locked vehicle, with her whereabouts still unknown.
"As far as we're aware at this stage, we're unsure of any connect to (Sarah and) that area," he said.
Reports that Sarah saw a friend on Saturday are still unconfirmed with Police.
"The last we know is that she was at home with her mum on Friday," Sergeant Saw said.
"She hasn't returned home since that time."
Sergeant Saw said Sarah suffers from a rare form of asthma which requires medication.
"We're unaware if she has that medication with her at this stage," he said.
Sergeant Saw has appealed to anyone in the Maribyrnong area who may have seen Sarah or who may have sold her asthma medication.
THURSDAY: Concerns are held for the welfare of a young Bacchus Marsh woman who disappeared after a night out last week.
Sarah Cafferkey, 22, was last seen by her family last Friday before heading out with friends.
Ms Cafferky’s silver 2001 Astra sedan with the registration ‘OOHSEZ’ is also missing.
Police said Ms Cafferky has a medical condition which requires medication.
She is described as Caucasian with a fair complexion, 168cm tall, thin build, black shoulder length straight hair with green eyes.
Anyone who sees Sarah or her vehicle is urged to call triple zero (000) .
LISTEN: Police reporter Yvette Gray speaks with Ross and John:
Please note: Any comments deemed to be prejudicial to this case will not be published.
Admiring the dedication you put into your website and in
depth information you offer. It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same out of date rehashed information.
Fantastic read! I've saved your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google
account.easy methods to avoid premature ejaculation Sunday 30 December, 2012 - 8:38 AM