- Public transport price rise
- Sports star parents' scary ambo wait
- GWS joins gay marriage debate
- Smoking cops 'not a good look'
- Sly's Policeman of the year award
- Husband's 'brutal' bludgeoning to stop wife moving
- The most powerful selfie ever?
- Bung case not limited to one man: Lay
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Shields on ASADA set to charge Bombers: Sly Ahmed Saad has been individually penalised for his indiscretion so when are the Bomber players going to be charged ,Watson ... more
- Sinbad on Sly's Policeman of the year award Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......ahhhh 'fruitloop'....time to fortify the gates, set the alarms and take a double dose of ... more
- Emerald on GWS joins gay marriage debate I don't think anyone coming out in support of marriage equality is playing politics, only homophobes would see it that way. more
- 3am drunken cops on Sly's Policeman of the year award Provocation is no defence in Vic, but cheap drinks at the police club is the square up.Computers can only give you so much ... more
- Peggy on Preston road rage caught on camera But Neil, the ute is registered and it still happened. Isn't paying rego meant to stop this from happening?Bill from ... more
- PH on Smoking cops 'not a good look' I think you mean discreet (secretive) rather than discrete (separate).Let's hope they used an ashtray and didn't illegally ... more
- GIW on GWS joins gay marriage debate I wonder if ALL the players are in accord with this and will they display a rainbow logo on their jumpers? more
- David R on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Is smoking Illegal? No. Then what does it matter? more
- Steve on Sly's Policeman of the year award Must be a mate of slys>.. more
- Steve on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... All manufacturing in this country is on shaky ground because of union demands for high wages who's next to fold up?? more
- C. McDonald on Having issues streaming 3AW? I moved to Daylesford and cannot get 3AW although driving along the Calder to bendigo and then Echuca in my car I can get AW ... more
- Maureen on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... The unions don't get it. They are the reason that manufacturing is doomed in Australia. That, and years of a useless Labor ... more
- Jake on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Lay has presided over the new image of black-shirt gestapo police, so who cares about the smoking. more
- Pradman on Murder suspect in dispute over plaster ... He should have got a job with Mick Gatto; easier than plastering. more
- Give Up on Having issues streaming 3AW? I can't listen or watch 3AW any more - so sad. Will have to stick to the odd hour or two in the car. more
- Pradman on Video: Shark in Port Phillip Bay? There are plenty of bronze whalers seen in the bay every year from Rye to the heads. They clean up the dead seal carcasses. more
- Wayne on Preston road rage caught on camera This footage clearly shows the suction cup of a window mount for the phone so this recording is no more illegal than someone ... more
- nik on Preston road rage caught on camera I'm amazed the pic wasn't photoshopped and the use replaced with a bike! more
- bc on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... ask mud guts hockey to take a pay cut not on your life buddy neil ask hockey how much is it costing the tax payers flying ... more
- double standards for coppers on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Former Victoria Police detective Charlie Bezzina, who has(had) 38 years experience in force, says sometimes internal police ... more
'Playing politics with lives'
The Prime Minister's conceded the collapse of the Malaysia people swap deal will see more boats and asylum seekers coming to Australia.
Ms Gillard has accused the Opposition of playing politics with lives by blocking amendments to the Migration Act, which she wanted to use to resurrect the Malaysia swap deal.
The PM says the Opposition could have blood on their hands.
Meanwhile, Tony Abbott is refusing to take the blame for the government's decision to abandon the offshore processing of asylum seekers.
Mr Abbott says if the government's serious about offshore processing, they could have it tomorrow by accepting the opposition's amendments.
PLAY: Marion Le, refugee advocate says Gillard needs to start realistically addressing the issue of asylum seekers
BLOG: "This is one of the only issues being debated in this country at the moment where cost is not relevant. Human life all of a sudden is not worth much." Have your say on the ramifications of the Malaysia swap plan being scuttled.
Check out our latest Tweets via http://twitter.com/3aw693.
WAYS TO CONTACT US:
TALKBACK LINE: 96 900 693 or 13 13 32 if outside Melbourne
VIA EMAIL: The 3AW Contact Us Page
EMAIL US PHOTOS: firstname.lastname@example.org
FACEBOOK PAGES: "3AW Radio - Melbourne's Own", "3AW Breakfast", "3AW Football", "Official 3AW Nightline Bruce and Phil" and "The Weekend Break with Tom Elliott".
iPHONE APP: Launched on October 10! (download it here)
TEAR Up the UN agreement, we dont want them here.janet p Monday 17 October, 2011 - 3:38 PM
some of you people should look at the advice from the department of immigration and other agencies who deal with boat arrivals and who again today have repeated that reopening Nauru will not be a deterrent to boat arrivals. instead of being stuck in partisan political positions it would help if people would inform themselves a bit better on this issue. See story today: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/immigration/cost-revealed-of-failed-malaysia-solution/story-fn9hm1gu-1226168592893diana Monday 17 October, 2011 - 3:12 PM
Gillard is "not" right, please stop because you don't even realise how stupid you sound.
Read other people's posts and you might get it since obviously you don't get what I have written.Peggy Monday 17 October, 2011 - 1:09 PM
Blame Abbot all you like. But to the rusted on Labor fools here, did Nauru processing of asylum seekers stop the boats? A simple yes or no thanks.JR Monday 17 October, 2011 - 1:02 PM
For your information, Peggy, "Tony" is now the one who is supporting Bob Brown, not Gillard. Do you support off shore processing or not? You cannot say "yes and no" like Abbott. You either do or do not. Abbott will be standing shoulder to shoulder with Bob Brown in voting against Gillard's Malaysia solution to turn back the boats, so don't tell me Abbott is better for Australia than Gillard. Fair's fair, when the illegals start flooding in you cannot blame Gillard for this one - not this time. She has done her best to stop it. You should learn to judge by results, Peggy not words.Gillard is Still Right! Monday 17 October, 2011 - 12:40 PM
Gillard is right?????What land are you living in or what are you "SMOKING".IAN BARKER Monday 17 October, 2011 - 10:11 AM