- Multi-car crash on Princes Highway
- Siege at Barwon Prison
- Dramatic resuce after Port Phillip boat collision
- Clive Palmer spits the dummy
- Body found in burning car
- No costings, but Dan's the man in tight debate
- Milne welcome back at St Kilda
- Injured cyclist's painful ambo wait
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
- Jester4212 on New-age helmet design Is this the answer to more accountable cyclists? No. This will make it more dangerous for cyclists. You can guarantee ... more
- Lynne on New-age helmet design Hi Neil,I think this is a great idea not just for riders but other road and footpath users too! All too often as a ... more
- Colin Lacivita on New-age helmet design Good Idea especially with the rego on the back.I wish I thought of it. more
- Gabriel on New-age helmet design This looks ridiculous. And that clear visor looks like it could end up lodged in your eyes. more
- Miracle Rescue on Miracle rescue for trapped man Separate trucks and cars more
- Stephen on Miracle rescue for trapped man Surprised this doesn't happen more often to be honest. BRAKING DISTANCE between vehicles is just not observed by Melbourne ... more
- jgl Melb on Balme returns to Pies How much compensation will this cost Ed ? more
- Jester4212 on Two Melbourne Cup horses dead And what about the pain the animal had to endure up until this point? more
- Sinbad on Two Melbourne Cup horses dead People collapse and die in marathons on a fairly frequent basis and we don't hear the outcry, wringing of hands, tears and ... more
- bushiepete on 78yo spends 2 hours having spasms on ... yes there were a lot of happy people who had drugs, grog,to much fun time and need to be baby sat by the police and ambos.. ... more
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
'Playing politics with lives'
The Prime Minister's conceded the collapse of the Malaysia people swap deal will see more boats and asylum seekers coming to Australia.
Ms Gillard has accused the Opposition of playing politics with lives by blocking amendments to the Migration Act, which she wanted to use to resurrect the Malaysia swap deal.
The PM says the Opposition could have blood on their hands.
Meanwhile, Tony Abbott is refusing to take the blame for the government's decision to abandon the offshore processing of asylum seekers.
Mr Abbott says if the government's serious about offshore processing, they could have it tomorrow by accepting the opposition's amendments.
PLAY: Marion Le, refugee advocate says Gillard needs to start realistically addressing the issue of asylum seekers
BLOG: "This is one of the only issues being debated in this country at the moment where cost is not relevant. Human life all of a sudden is not worth much." Have your say on the ramifications of the Malaysia swap plan being scuttled.
Check out our latest Tweets via http://twitter.com/3aw693.
WAYS TO CONTACT US:
TALKBACK LINE: 96 900 693 or 13 13 32 if outside Melbourne
VIA EMAIL: The 3AW Contact Us Page
EMAIL US PHOTOS: email@example.com
FACEBOOK PAGES: "3AW Radio - Melbourne's Own", "3AW Breakfast", "3AW Football", "Official 3AW Nightline Bruce and Phil" and "The Weekend Break with Tom Elliott".
iPHONE APP: Launched on October 10! (download it here)
TEAR Up the UN agreement, we dont want them here.janet p Monday 17 October, 2011 - 3:38 PM
some of you people should look at the advice from the department of immigration and other agencies who deal with boat arrivals and who again today have repeated that reopening Nauru will not be a deterrent to boat arrivals. instead of being stuck in partisan political positions it would help if people would inform themselves a bit better on this issue. See story today: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/immigration/cost-revealed-of-failed-malaysia-solution/story-fn9hm1gu-1226168592893diana Monday 17 October, 2011 - 3:12 PM
Gillard is "not" right, please stop because you don't even realise how stupid you sound.
Read other people's posts and you might get it since obviously you don't get what I have written.Peggy Monday 17 October, 2011 - 1:09 PM
Blame Abbot all you like. But to the rusted on Labor fools here, did Nauru processing of asylum seekers stop the boats? A simple yes or no thanks.JR Monday 17 October, 2011 - 1:02 PM
For your information, Peggy, "Tony" is now the one who is supporting Bob Brown, not Gillard. Do you support off shore processing or not? You cannot say "yes and no" like Abbott. You either do or do not. Abbott will be standing shoulder to shoulder with Bob Brown in voting against Gillard's Malaysia solution to turn back the boats, so don't tell me Abbott is better for Australia than Gillard. Fair's fair, when the illegals start flooding in you cannot blame Gillard for this one - not this time. She has done her best to stop it. You should learn to judge by results, Peggy not words.Gillard is Still Right! Monday 17 October, 2011 - 12:40 PM
Gillard is right?????What land are you living in or what are you "SMOKING".IAN BARKER Monday 17 October, 2011 - 10:11 AM