- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- Laverton home goes up in flames
- William and Kate avoid Melbourne on royal tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
'Playing politics with lives'
The Prime Minister's conceded the collapse of the Malaysia people swap deal will see more boats and asylum seekers coming to Australia.
Ms Gillard has accused the Opposition of playing politics with lives by blocking amendments to the Migration Act, which she wanted to use to resurrect the Malaysia swap deal.
The PM says the Opposition could have blood on their hands.
Meanwhile, Tony Abbott is refusing to take the blame for the government's decision to abandon the offshore processing of asylum seekers.
Mr Abbott says if the government's serious about offshore processing, they could have it tomorrow by accepting the opposition's amendments.
PLAY: Marion Le, refugee advocate says Gillard needs to start realistically addressing the issue of asylum seekers
BLOG: "This is one of the only issues being debated in this country at the moment where cost is not relevant. Human life all of a sudden is not worth much." Have your say on the ramifications of the Malaysia swap plan being scuttled.
Check out our latest Tweets via http://twitter.com/3aw693.
WAYS TO CONTACT US:
TALKBACK LINE: 96 900 693 or 13 13 32 if outside Melbourne
VIA EMAIL: The 3AW Contact Us Page
EMAIL US PHOTOS: firstname.lastname@example.org
FACEBOOK PAGES: "3AW Radio - Melbourne's Own", "3AW Breakfast", "3AW Football", "Official 3AW Nightline Bruce and Phil" and "The Weekend Break with Tom Elliott".
iPHONE APP: Launched on October 10! (download it here)
TEAR Up the UN agreement, we dont want them here.janet p Monday 17 October, 2011 - 3:38 PM
some of you people should look at the advice from the department of immigration and other agencies who deal with boat arrivals and who again today have repeated that reopening Nauru will not be a deterrent to boat arrivals. instead of being stuck in partisan political positions it would help if people would inform themselves a bit better on this issue. See story today: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/immigration/cost-revealed-of-failed-malaysia-solution/story-fn9hm1gu-1226168592893diana Monday 17 October, 2011 - 3:12 PM
Gillard is "not" right, please stop because you don't even realise how stupid you sound.
Read other people's posts and you might get it since obviously you don't get what I have written.Peggy Monday 17 October, 2011 - 1:09 PM
Blame Abbot all you like. But to the rusted on Labor fools here, did Nauru processing of asylum seekers stop the boats? A simple yes or no thanks.JR Monday 17 October, 2011 - 1:02 PM
For your information, Peggy, "Tony" is now the one who is supporting Bob Brown, not Gillard. Do you support off shore processing or not? You cannot say "yes and no" like Abbott. You either do or do not. Abbott will be standing shoulder to shoulder with Bob Brown in voting against Gillard's Malaysia solution to turn back the boats, so don't tell me Abbott is better for Australia than Gillard. Fair's fair, when the illegals start flooding in you cannot blame Gillard for this one - not this time. She has done her best to stop it. You should learn to judge by results, Peggy not words.Gillard is Still Right! Monday 17 October, 2011 - 12:40 PM
Gillard is right?????What land are you living in or what are you "SMOKING".IAN BARKER Monday 17 October, 2011 - 10:11 AM