- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- 'G, that's rough: Tigers unhappy
- Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no standing zone
- One dead in Tarneit crash
- Postal pong leaves workers ill
- Armed bandit flees with Sunbury United cash
- Man fights for life after Dandenong car crash
- Police hunt injured thief
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
- iain on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' More political interference is not what is required here. We need allegations of doping heard and either cleared or ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' This is a waste of taxpayers money the courts have more urgent cases to deal with. more
- Sid on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Guilty as sin but not an iota of evidence or positive test to support these claims?Everyone has a problem saying the Bombers ... more
- Christine on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' For people who actively listen, and have no agenda, Paul Little has conducted himself impeccably throughout this drawn-out ... more
- Nigel on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' No Mr Little, the whole community hasn't got deal fatigue, it's sick and tired of Essendonâ?¢ trying to stall/block ... more
'Playing politics with lives'
The Prime Minister's conceded the collapse of the Malaysia people swap deal will see more boats and asylum seekers coming to Australia.
Ms Gillard has accused the Opposition of playing politics with lives by blocking amendments to the Migration Act, which she wanted to use to resurrect the Malaysia swap deal.
The PM says the Opposition could have blood on their hands.
Meanwhile, Tony Abbott is refusing to take the blame for the government's decision to abandon the offshore processing of asylum seekers.
Mr Abbott says if the government's serious about offshore processing, they could have it tomorrow by accepting the opposition's amendments.
PLAY: Marion Le, refugee advocate says Gillard needs to start realistically addressing the issue of asylum seekers
BLOG: "This is one of the only issues being debated in this country at the moment where cost is not relevant. Human life all of a sudden is not worth much." Have your say on the ramifications of the Malaysia swap plan being scuttled.
Check out our latest Tweets via http://twitter.com/3aw693.
WAYS TO CONTACT US:
TALKBACK LINE: 96 900 693 or 13 13 32 if outside Melbourne
VIA EMAIL: The 3AW Contact Us Page
EMAIL US PHOTOS: firstname.lastname@example.org
FACEBOOK PAGES: "3AW Radio - Melbourne's Own", "3AW Breakfast", "3AW Football", "Official 3AW Nightline Bruce and Phil" and "The Weekend Break with Tom Elliott".
iPHONE APP: Launched on October 10! (download it here)
TEAR Up the UN agreement, we dont want them here.janet p Monday 17 October, 2011 - 3:38 PM
some of you people should look at the advice from the department of immigration and other agencies who deal with boat arrivals and who again today have repeated that reopening Nauru will not be a deterrent to boat arrivals. instead of being stuck in partisan political positions it would help if people would inform themselves a bit better on this issue. See story today: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/immigration/cost-revealed-of-failed-malaysia-solution/story-fn9hm1gu-1226168592893diana Monday 17 October, 2011 - 3:12 PM
Gillard is "not" right, please stop because you don't even realise how stupid you sound.
Read other people's posts and you might get it since obviously you don't get what I have written.Peggy Monday 17 October, 2011 - 1:09 PM
Blame Abbot all you like. But to the rusted on Labor fools here, did Nauru processing of asylum seekers stop the boats? A simple yes or no thanks.JR Monday 17 October, 2011 - 1:02 PM
For your information, Peggy, "Tony" is now the one who is supporting Bob Brown, not Gillard. Do you support off shore processing or not? You cannot say "yes and no" like Abbott. You either do or do not. Abbott will be standing shoulder to shoulder with Bob Brown in voting against Gillard's Malaysia solution to turn back the boats, so don't tell me Abbott is better for Australia than Gillard. Fair's fair, when the illegals start flooding in you cannot blame Gillard for this one - not this time. She has done her best to stop it. You should learn to judge by results, Peggy not words.Gillard is Still Right! Monday 17 October, 2011 - 12:40 PM
Gillard is right?????What land are you living in or what are you "SMOKING".IAN BARKER Monday 17 October, 2011 - 10:11 AM