- CONTENT WARNING: Man king-hit in by mystery man
- Tony Mokbel loses appeal against drug trafficking conviction
- Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with Neil Mitchell over anti-boxing comments
- Tullamarine traffic chaos set to continue throughout evening peak
- Man in serious condition after gas bottle explosion
- Stonnington Council asks for police investigation
- Video: Several killed in Texas twisters
- Relatives of man shot dead in alleged attempted robbery appeal for accomplices to come forward
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- dan on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... Unfortunately when Neil comes out with 'ban boxing' it waters down what is a fair argument, that there should be more ... more
- David on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Great idea more trains and less trucks on the road. When was the last time you saw train do a delivery to a building site or ... more
- Turkey on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... To many bottom feeders in the road transport game these days. more
- Luke on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Thank God we don't have the East-West Link, otherwise traffic would be backed up on the Eastern as well!!!!!!! more
- Tony on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... What the hell is wrong with this society? Every comment is about blaming someone, blaming the government or winging about ... more
- Mad Rooster on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Checked Vic Roads app at 7.04am (30 mins after accident) and it says traffic on Tulla / Citylink from Brunswick Rd to ... more
- Jillian on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Why do things like this happen during the peak hour on any working day? more
- MAC on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Or your could try catching public transport....UH-no, wait, cant do that, would shrink our tiny manhood to much not to BE IN ... more
- Rumpole on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... More trains and rail freight and less trucks on the road! The 600 people on my train made it to work this morning and i got ... more
- david mccrossan on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Get facts right please. Its not a b double. Its a truck and dog. Used for carting sand gravel etc more
- Harry Brown on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Successive Governments fail to introduce sensible road rules like they have in UK.Trucks are only allowed in left two ... more
- Jim on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... What goes around comes around...speed, tailgating...hospital! more
- Josh on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Bofya: What an irresponsible comment! At least give the investigation a chance to assess the cause of the crash before ... more
- Dan from Wheelers Hill on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... @ Bofya Kinetiks.How about waiting to find out what happened before making stupid comments, you fool. As for 3AW, it's not a ... more
- Brian Tunstead on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Bofya Kinetiks did you witness this crash? If not, what gives you the right to automatically judge and assume the ... more
- Juy Legh on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament I have an autistic grandson. I doubt that he will ever get anything from this scheme. The proof will be in the outcomes, ... more
- Jim on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament She wasn't crying about anything other than how badly defeated she is going to be in September. September too far away! more
- Ben on Victoria's most wanted man, Graham Gene ... Well he has just been tipped off. more
- sara on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament I'm crying too Julia. Please. I'm in agony. Resign. Now. Don't wait until September. Your wonderful government has led me to ... more
- Polly on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament Julia Gillard would cry,lie,and knife you in the back to stay in power...what a piece of work more
'Playing politics with lives'
The Prime Minister's conceded the collapse of the Malaysia people swap deal will see more boats and asylum seekers coming to Australia.
Ms Gillard has accused the Opposition of playing politics with lives by blocking amendments to the Migration Act, which she wanted to use to resurrect the Malaysia swap deal.
The PM says the Opposition could have blood on their hands.
Meanwhile, Tony Abbott is refusing to take the blame for the government's decision to abandon the offshore processing of asylum seekers.
Mr Abbott says if the government's serious about offshore processing, they could have it tomorrow by accepting the opposition's amendments.
PLAY: Marion Le, refugee advocate says Gillard needs to start realistically addressing the issue of asylum seekers
BLOG: "This is one of the only issues being debated in this country at the moment where cost is not relevant. Human life all of a sudden is not worth much." Have your say on the ramifications of the Malaysia swap plan being scuttled.
Check out our latest Tweets via http://twitter.com/3aw693.
WAYS TO CONTACT US:
TALKBACK LINE: 96 900 693 or 13 13 32 if outside Melbourne
VIA EMAIL: The 3AW Contact Us Page
EMAIL US PHOTOS: email@example.com
FACEBOOK PAGES: "3AW Radio - Melbourne's Own", "3AW Breakfast", "3AW Football", "Official 3AW Nightline Bruce and Phil" and "The Weekend Break with Tom Elliott".
iPHONE APP: Launched on October 10! (download it here)
TEAR Up the UN agreement, we dont want them here.janet p Monday 17 October, 2011 - 3:38 PM
some of you people should look at the advice from the department of immigration and other agencies who deal with boat arrivals and who again today have repeated that reopening Nauru will not be a deterrent to boat arrivals. instead of being stuck in partisan political positions it would help if people would inform themselves a bit better on this issue. See story today: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/immigration/cost-revealed-of-failed-malaysia-solution/story-fn9hm1gu-1226168592893diana Monday 17 October, 2011 - 3:12 PM
Gillard is "not" right, please stop because you don't even realise how stupid you sound.
Read other people's posts and you might get it since obviously you don't get what I have written.Peggy Monday 17 October, 2011 - 1:09 PM
Blame Abbot all you like. But to the rusted on Labor fools here, did Nauru processing of asylum seekers stop the boats? A simple yes or no thanks.JR Monday 17 October, 2011 - 1:02 PM
For your information, Peggy, "Tony" is now the one who is supporting Bob Brown, not Gillard. Do you support off shore processing or not? You cannot say "yes and no" like Abbott. You either do or do not. Abbott will be standing shoulder to shoulder with Bob Brown in voting against Gillard's Malaysia solution to turn back the boats, so don't tell me Abbott is better for Australia than Gillard. Fair's fair, when the illegals start flooding in you cannot blame Gillard for this one - not this time. She has done her best to stop it. You should learn to judge by results, Peggy not words.Gillard is Still Right! Monday 17 October, 2011 - 12:40 PM
Gillard is right?????What land are you living in or what are you "SMOKING".IAN BARKER Monday 17 October, 2011 - 10:11 AM