- 'Thrill killer' Hemming jailed
- Homegrown terror risks by numbers
- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
'Playing politics with lives'
The Prime Minister's conceded the collapse of the Malaysia people swap deal will see more boats and asylum seekers coming to Australia.
Ms Gillard has accused the Opposition of playing politics with lives by blocking amendments to the Migration Act, which she wanted to use to resurrect the Malaysia swap deal.
The PM says the Opposition could have blood on their hands.
Meanwhile, Tony Abbott is refusing to take the blame for the government's decision to abandon the offshore processing of asylum seekers.
Mr Abbott says if the government's serious about offshore processing, they could have it tomorrow by accepting the opposition's amendments.
PLAY: Marion Le, refugee advocate says Gillard needs to start realistically addressing the issue of asylum seekers
BLOG: "This is one of the only issues being debated in this country at the moment where cost is not relevant. Human life all of a sudden is not worth much." Have your say on the ramifications of the Malaysia swap plan being scuttled.
Check out our latest Tweets via http://twitter.com/3aw693.
WAYS TO CONTACT US:
TALKBACK LINE: 96 900 693 or 13 13 32 if outside Melbourne
VIA EMAIL: The 3AW Contact Us Page
EMAIL US PHOTOS: email@example.com
FACEBOOK PAGES: "3AW Radio - Melbourne's Own", "3AW Breakfast", "3AW Football", "Official 3AW Nightline Bruce and Phil" and "The Weekend Break with Tom Elliott".
iPHONE APP: Launched on October 10! (download it here)
TEAR Up the UN agreement, we dont want them here.janet p Monday 17 October, 2011 - 3:38 PM
some of you people should look at the advice from the department of immigration and other agencies who deal with boat arrivals and who again today have repeated that reopening Nauru will not be a deterrent to boat arrivals. instead of being stuck in partisan political positions it would help if people would inform themselves a bit better on this issue. See story today: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/immigration/cost-revealed-of-failed-malaysia-solution/story-fn9hm1gu-1226168592893diana Monday 17 October, 2011 - 3:12 PM
Gillard is "not" right, please stop because you don't even realise how stupid you sound.
Read other people's posts and you might get it since obviously you don't get what I have written.Peggy Monday 17 October, 2011 - 1:09 PM
Blame Abbot all you like. But to the rusted on Labor fools here, did Nauru processing of asylum seekers stop the boats? A simple yes or no thanks.JR Monday 17 October, 2011 - 1:02 PM
For your information, Peggy, "Tony" is now the one who is supporting Bob Brown, not Gillard. Do you support off shore processing or not? You cannot say "yes and no" like Abbott. You either do or do not. Abbott will be standing shoulder to shoulder with Bob Brown in voting against Gillard's Malaysia solution to turn back the boats, so don't tell me Abbott is better for Australia than Gillard. Fair's fair, when the illegals start flooding in you cannot blame Gillard for this one - not this time. She has done her best to stop it. You should learn to judge by results, Peggy not words.Gillard is Still Right! Monday 17 October, 2011 - 12:40 PM
Gillard is right?????What land are you living in or what are you "SMOKING".IAN BARKER Monday 17 October, 2011 - 10:11 AM