- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
'Playing politics with lives'
The Prime Minister's conceded the collapse of the Malaysia people swap deal will see more boats and asylum seekers coming to Australia.
Ms Gillard has accused the Opposition of playing politics with lives by blocking amendments to the Migration Act, which she wanted to use to resurrect the Malaysia swap deal.
The PM says the Opposition could have blood on their hands.
Meanwhile, Tony Abbott is refusing to take the blame for the government's decision to abandon the offshore processing of asylum seekers.
Mr Abbott says if the government's serious about offshore processing, they could have it tomorrow by accepting the opposition's amendments.
PLAY: Marion Le, refugee advocate says Gillard needs to start realistically addressing the issue of asylum seekers
BLOG: "This is one of the only issues being debated in this country at the moment where cost is not relevant. Human life all of a sudden is not worth much." Have your say on the ramifications of the Malaysia swap plan being scuttled.
Check out our latest Tweets via http://twitter.com/3aw693.
WAYS TO CONTACT US:
TALKBACK LINE: 96 900 693 or 13 13 32 if outside Melbourne
VIA EMAIL: The 3AW Contact Us Page
EMAIL US PHOTOS: firstname.lastname@example.org
FACEBOOK PAGES: "3AW Radio - Melbourne's Own", "3AW Breakfast", "3AW Football", "Official 3AW Nightline Bruce and Phil" and "The Weekend Break with Tom Elliott".
iPHONE APP: Launched on October 10! (download it here)
TEAR Up the UN agreement, we dont want them here.janet p Monday 17 October, 2011 - 3:38 PM
some of you people should look at the advice from the department of immigration and other agencies who deal with boat arrivals and who again today have repeated that reopening Nauru will not be a deterrent to boat arrivals. instead of being stuck in partisan political positions it would help if people would inform themselves a bit better on this issue. See story today: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/immigration/cost-revealed-of-failed-malaysia-solution/story-fn9hm1gu-1226168592893diana Monday 17 October, 2011 - 3:12 PM
Gillard is "not" right, please stop because you don't even realise how stupid you sound.
Read other people's posts and you might get it since obviously you don't get what I have written.Peggy Monday 17 October, 2011 - 1:09 PM
Blame Abbot all you like. But to the rusted on Labor fools here, did Nauru processing of asylum seekers stop the boats? A simple yes or no thanks.JR Monday 17 October, 2011 - 1:02 PM
For your information, Peggy, "Tony" is now the one who is supporting Bob Brown, not Gillard. Do you support off shore processing or not? You cannot say "yes and no" like Abbott. You either do or do not. Abbott will be standing shoulder to shoulder with Bob Brown in voting against Gillard's Malaysia solution to turn back the boats, so don't tell me Abbott is better for Australia than Gillard. Fair's fair, when the illegals start flooding in you cannot blame Gillard for this one - not this time. She has done her best to stop it. You should learn to judge by results, Peggy not words.Gillard is Still Right! Monday 17 October, 2011 - 12:40 PM
Gillard is right?????What land are you living in or what are you "SMOKING".IAN BARKER Monday 17 October, 2011 - 10:11 AM