- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- Australian troops land in Middle East for 'mission - not war'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
- Sue Hughes on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Such inconsiderate behaviour from so-called adults. I suspect these people have just moved in and couldn't care less about ... more
- Kathy on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... What happened to consideration and common sense mr and mrsÂ cubbins? I hope your made to pay to clean up your ... more
- Rick on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Simple solution as the neighbor who had their roller door blocked.Nissan Patrol + 4000kg snap strap.Rip it right off the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... This is crazy no one should own a lane way. Maybe in 1887 there was no lane way and it was a dirt horse trail. For once I am ... more
- Johnno on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Solicitor's and barrister's rubbing their hands over another prolonged adverse possession case. more
- Rob Jackson on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... How ridiculous...people are so stupid. Why would you put a roller door in that spot unless you were just trying to ... more
- Peter on Does Collingwood still want Lumumba? The best thing Collingwood could do would be to get rid of this clown! Too precious and full of his own importance! more
'Playing politics with lives'
The Prime Minister's conceded the collapse of the Malaysia people swap deal will see more boats and asylum seekers coming to Australia.
Ms Gillard has accused the Opposition of playing politics with lives by blocking amendments to the Migration Act, which she wanted to use to resurrect the Malaysia swap deal.
The PM says the Opposition could have blood on their hands.
Meanwhile, Tony Abbott is refusing to take the blame for the government's decision to abandon the offshore processing of asylum seekers.
Mr Abbott says if the government's serious about offshore processing, they could have it tomorrow by accepting the opposition's amendments.
PLAY: Marion Le, refugee advocate says Gillard needs to start realistically addressing the issue of asylum seekers
BLOG: "This is one of the only issues being debated in this country at the moment where cost is not relevant. Human life all of a sudden is not worth much." Have your say on the ramifications of the Malaysia swap plan being scuttled.
Check out our latest Tweets via http://twitter.com/3aw693.
WAYS TO CONTACT US:
TALKBACK LINE: 96 900 693 or 13 13 32 if outside Melbourne
VIA EMAIL: The 3AW Contact Us Page
EMAIL US PHOTOS: firstname.lastname@example.org
FACEBOOK PAGES: "3AW Radio - Melbourne's Own", "3AW Breakfast", "3AW Football", "Official 3AW Nightline Bruce and Phil" and "The Weekend Break with Tom Elliott".
iPHONE APP: Launched on October 10! (download it here)
TEAR Up the UN agreement, we dont want them here.janet p Monday 17 October, 2011 - 3:38 PM
some of you people should look at the advice from the department of immigration and other agencies who deal with boat arrivals and who again today have repeated that reopening Nauru will not be a deterrent to boat arrivals. instead of being stuck in partisan political positions it would help if people would inform themselves a bit better on this issue. See story today: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/immigration/cost-revealed-of-failed-malaysia-solution/story-fn9hm1gu-1226168592893diana Monday 17 October, 2011 - 3:12 PM
Gillard is "not" right, please stop because you don't even realise how stupid you sound.
Read other people's posts and you might get it since obviously you don't get what I have written.Peggy Monday 17 October, 2011 - 1:09 PM
Blame Abbot all you like. But to the rusted on Labor fools here, did Nauru processing of asylum seekers stop the boats? A simple yes or no thanks.JR Monday 17 October, 2011 - 1:02 PM
For your information, Peggy, "Tony" is now the one who is supporting Bob Brown, not Gillard. Do you support off shore processing or not? You cannot say "yes and no" like Abbott. You either do or do not. Abbott will be standing shoulder to shoulder with Bob Brown in voting against Gillard's Malaysia solution to turn back the boats, so don't tell me Abbott is better for Australia than Gillard. Fair's fair, when the illegals start flooding in you cannot blame Gillard for this one - not this time. She has done her best to stop it. You should learn to judge by results, Peggy not words.Gillard is Still Right! Monday 17 October, 2011 - 12:40 PM
Gillard is right?????What land are you living in or what are you "SMOKING".IAN BARKER Monday 17 October, 2011 - 10:11 AM