- VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick Samantha
- 'He was a precocious talent'
- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Geoff on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... With society up to its boots in politics and living in its own little world, this is what is really important. While we ... more
- Jennifer Williams on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I think that puppy knows she is there for a very special reason. Four tissues later and I'm still going. Such a sad story, ... more
- LisaJ on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Well done Neil and 3AW. Such a nice story after yesterdays news. more
- Helen on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I'm sure Pixie will bring a lot of joy to Samantha, Ashley and the family at this difficult time for them all.Kind thoughts ... more
- andy on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... hope young pixie gives samantha a distaction from the other things going onthe 3 aw community has restored my faith in ... more
- carol on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Driving while crying! kept looking across to see if I was not the only one, then a guy rang in and said he was doing exactly ... more
- paul on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Hi Neil I've just watched the video of pixie being delivered. I have tears rolling you are a legend!!! Christmas WISHES to ... more
- Heather on Phillip Hughes dead at 25 May the clouds wrap him in a blanket of love and the moon kiss him goodnight! Rest in peace young man! Much love to his ... more
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
Police blame Apple Maps for leaving users stranded
Police are 'extremely concerned' at a malfunction in Apple Maps where users who are looking for Mildura are being sent 70 kilometres away to the middle of a national park.
Local Police have been called to assist distressed motorists who have become stranded within the Murray-Sunset National Park after following directions on their iPhone.
Police say they have conducted tests which confirm the mapping systems puts Mildura in the middle of Park, approximately 70km away from Mildura's actual location.
In a statement, Police said they are extremely concerned as 'there is no water supply within the Park and temperatures can reach as high as 46 degrees, making this a potentially life threatening issue'.
Speaking with Nick McCallum, Victoria Police Inspector Simon Clemence said he was aware of six vehicles which had been stranded in Murray-Sunset National Park.
"We had one guy that got out of mobile phone range, he got bogged and he actually had to walk back into mobile phone range," he said.
"That took him 24 hours and then he rang us and we came and rescued him."
Police have advised anyone travelling to Mildura or other locations within Victoria should rely on other forms of mapping until this matter is rectified.
Inspector Clemence said attempts had been made to contact Apple, via both their media and technical teams, and they were awaiting a response on the issue.
IMAGE: The malfunction (Victoria Police)
LISTEN: Victoria Police Inspector Simon Clemence speaks with Nick McCallum:
What is wrong with the good old reliable road map? Not the first time these Sat-Navs have given drivers the wrong route>..Steve Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 12:11 PM
I have TOM TOM app on my iPhone and it's accurate and works fine.hawkeye Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 11:15 AM
Everybody knows the iPhone was manufactured in the Northern Hemisphere, hence you need to hold it upside down to get accurate GPS readings!
This app will be the beginning of the end for Apple. Yes it may take a year or so to fold, but the rot has set in. It may be worth putting money on who will fall the furthest - Apple or Nokia.Solomon's Sword Monday 10 December, 2012 - 11:45 PM
Anyone using maps from the DSE Spatial Info unit formerly under Land Victoria know just how dreadful and unreliable its mapping is. Let's just get used to it.Ivan@kinnane Monday 10 December, 2012 - 11:01 PM
Mildura is far from remote (OK a long way away but not remote) and no matter which way you come from is heavily sign posted, unless you deliberately go off the beaten track looking for adventure 'cos that is what you will getting. If you intend to travel in the desert regions, and yes that whole region is a desert, then you should be planning your trek with great care not relying on positioning devices or coming across water 'cos there ain't any there.Ex Sunraysia resident. Monday 10 December, 2012 - 6:57 PM
Well, if you're stupid enough to use and rely on apple Maps, you deserve everything you get. Hey, I have an idea. How about using an old fashioned paper map or the pages in the Melway that show state roads? It might just work. Or, I know that this sounds silly, but you could always just read the signs on the road. If the road sign says Mildura 70, and Apple maps say that you're there, which would you believe? The police resources should be better used in catching criminals going 3 km/h over the limit and truck drivers who forgot to sign a log book page two months ago. Someone needs to put a sign up at the state forest advising any idiot who is using an iphone that Mildura is 70 ks up the road. If they still end up lost, leave them there. Charles Darwin will take care of them.Dan from Wheelers Hill Monday 10 December, 2012 - 3:32 PM