- 'He was a precocious talent'
- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- Police swarm on Bandidos club in murder investigation
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Heather on Phillip Hughes dead at 25 May the clouds wrap him in a blanket of love and the moon kiss him goodnight! Rest in peace young man! Much love to his ... more
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
- Dennis on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... Apparantly Edihad is supplying food and drink to people affected by the fire. I hope they're not charging football prices. more
- Chris on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... With all the media and fire fighters the dock lands population must have doubled last night. more
- Chris on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Any smart person would have put a new seat on $20 at bunnings and when they leave put the broken one back on. more
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
Police descend on street in St Albans
UPDATE: Police are searching for a man wanted over a domestic-related stabbing at St Albans this morning.
Officers surrounded a property amid fears the man had barricaded himself in a house on Grant Street.
The Special Operations Group stormed the property this afternoon, but failed to find any sign of him.
Police are now investigating other leads in the hope of tracking down the alleged offender.
A siege underway in St Albans following a stabbing in Grant St this morning. A man has barricaded himself in a house twitter.com/yvettegray3AW/…— Yvette Gray (@yvettegray3AW) December 7, 2012
EARLIER: A siege has locked down residential streets in St Albans as police try to negotiate with a man inside a house.
Heavily-armed police are at a house in Grant Street negotiating with the man, with several streets in the area cordoned off.
It is unclear if he is armed or has anybody else inside the house with him.
Police say the man has access to weapons, unknown if hostages. Injured man taken to hospital with stab wound to neck twitter.com/yvettegray3AW/…— Yvette Gray (@yvettegray3AW) December 7, 2012
MAP: Grant St, St Albans
View Larger Map
PROTECTIVE OFFICERS: Community Legal centres say Protective Services Officers are bored, poorly trained and are unfairly targeting the mentally ill. In one case, PSOs have fined a teenager with an intellectual disability 13 times in two months.
EASTERN SUBURBS: Detectives are investigating whether a serial sex pest targeting women in Melbourne's eastern suburbs has struck a ninth time. A 27-year-old woman has contacted police claiming she was indecently assaulted by a man in Camberwell.
That's right defame the poor sod by innuendo prior to fitting him up.When will the general public learn that corrupting the law can be done in a myriad of ways such sham raids....locked down,person not in house... Is this adequate policing or just another way to win by fraudulent methodsrobots for sure not humans Friday 7 December, 2012 - 4:46 PM
Obviously these coppers'must come from high places if they are "descending" or does that mean they are still up themselves about social standing and behaviour..oh come on flatfoot... dont get a big head over the fact you have condescend by comimg down to earth(reality).Slide down the ladder from skypilot territory Friday 7 December, 2012 - 4:33 PM
Auss is now 1 of the worst free world countries to live in.janetp Friday 7 December, 2012 - 2:37 PM
Melbourne is becoming the "WESTERN SURBUBS" Like SydneyIAN Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:09 PM