- GWS joins gay marriage debate
- Smoking cops 'not a good look'
- Sly's Policeman of the year award
- Husband's 'brutal' bludgeoning to stop wife moving
- The most powerful selfie ever?
- Bung case not limited to one man: Lay
- Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry assistance
- Concerns for missing 14-year-old
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- GIW on GWS joins gay marriage debate I wonder if ALL the players are in accord with this and will they display a rainbow logo on their jumpers? more
- David R on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Is smoking Illegal? No. Then what does it matter? more
- Steve on Sly's Policeman of the year award Must be a mate of slys>.. more
- Steve on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... All manufacturing in this country is on shaky ground because of union demands for high wages who's next to fold up?? more
- C. McDonald on Having issues streaming 3AW? I moved to Daylesford and cannot get 3AW although driving along the Calder to bendigo and then Echuca in my car I can get AW ... more
- Maureen on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... The unions don't get it. They are the reason that manufacturing is doomed in Australia. That, and years of a useless Labor ... more
- Jake on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Lay has presided over the new image of black-shirt gestapo police, so who cares about the smoking. more
- Pradman on Murder suspect in dispute over plaster ... He should have got a job with Mick Gatto; easier than plastering. more
- Give Up on Having issues streaming 3AW? I can't listen or watch 3AW any more - so sad. Will have to stick to the odd hour or two in the car. more
- Pradman on Video: Shark in Port Phillip Bay? There are plenty of bronze whalers seen in the bay every year from Rye to the heads. They clean up the dead seal carcasses. more
- Wayne on Preston road rage caught on camera This footage clearly shows the suction cup of a window mount for the phone so this recording is no more illegal than someone ... more
- nik on Preston road rage caught on camera I'm amazed the pic wasn't photoshopped and the use replaced with a bike! more
- bc on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... ask mud guts hockey to take a pay cut not on your life buddy neil ask hockey how much is it costing the tax payers flying ... more
- double standards for coppers on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Former Victoria Police detective Charlie Bezzina, who has(had) 38 years experience in force, says sometimes internal police ... more
- wayne on Having issues streaming 3AW? I listen to the ABC because I still cant get any Fairfax Stations at all and the computer is two years old FIX IT more
- bigmoralcopper on Man launches petition to reel in ... Perhaps if this Steve, who by his own admission was employed for over thirty years constant,was made to follow the ... more
- oh dear on GWS joins gay marriage debate what will Gay Western Sydney do next? support climate change legislation and asylum seekers? more
- mandy on Killer whales spotted in Western Port ... Don't tell those rednecks in W.A Peter Glee son,Greg Hunt,and the fisheries minister Troy Buswell they will want them culled ... more
- Will on Face-bong: Online drug market On Neils show today it was mentioned that 5 people had been put in intensive care this week using the fake synthetic ... more
- Steve on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... Why don't the government give all the money that goes to Indonesia to the car industry? charity begins at home or it should ... more
Police descend on street in St Albans
UPDATE: Police are searching for a man wanted over a domestic-related stabbing at St Albans this morning.
Officers surrounded a property amid fears the man had barricaded himself in a house on Grant Street.
The Special Operations Group stormed the property this afternoon, but failed to find any sign of him.
Police are now investigating other leads in the hope of tracking down the alleged offender.
A siege underway in St Albans following a stabbing in Grant St this morning. A man has barricaded himself in a house twitter.com/yvettegray3AW/…— Yvette Gray (@yvettegray3AW) December 7, 2012
EARLIER: A siege has locked down residential streets in St Albans as police try to negotiate with a man inside a house.
Heavily-armed police are at a house in Grant Street negotiating with the man, with several streets in the area cordoned off.
It is unclear if he is armed or has anybody else inside the house with him.
Police say the man has access to weapons, unknown if hostages. Injured man taken to hospital with stab wound to neck twitter.com/yvettegray3AW/…— Yvette Gray (@yvettegray3AW) December 7, 2012
MAP: Grant St, St Albans
View Larger Map
PROTECTIVE OFFICERS: Community Legal centres say Protective Services Officers are bored, poorly trained and are unfairly targeting the mentally ill. In one case, PSOs have fined a teenager with an intellectual disability 13 times in two months.
EASTERN SUBURBS: Detectives are investigating whether a serial sex pest targeting women in Melbourne's eastern suburbs has struck a ninth time. A 27-year-old woman has contacted police claiming she was indecently assaulted by a man in Camberwell.
That's right defame the poor sod by innuendo prior to fitting him up.When will the general public learn that corrupting the law can be done in a myriad of ways such sham raids....locked down,person not in house... Is this adequate policing or just another way to win by fraudulent methodsrobots for sure not humans Friday 7 December, 2012 - 4:46 PM
Obviously these coppers'must come from high places if they are "descending" or does that mean they are still up themselves about social standing and behaviour..oh come on flatfoot... dont get a big head over the fact you have condescend by comimg down to earth(reality).Slide down the ladder from skypilot territory Friday 7 December, 2012 - 4:33 PM
Auss is now 1 of the worst free world countries to live in.janetp Friday 7 December, 2012 - 2:37 PM
Melbourne is becoming the "WESTERN SURBUBS" Like SydneyIAN Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:09 PM